Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957029/things-you-didnt-know-stuff-pack-edition#latest

I'm also gonna plug this here. I want to see what cool things we have discovered in the Stuff Packs. I have found that they have some neat little gems besides just stuff and I want to showcase that ^^
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @Bearpal64 .

Good info, thanks. :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I did not know you could buy earbuds until yesterday :#

Thanks to Fitness Stuff ^^

Right :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

> @marcel21 said:
    > I did not know you could buy earbuds until yesterday :#

I had no idea about this. Where can you find them?

I got a message from another random sim, and the option to take a pair for free ones available.

edited March 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    > @marcel21 said:
    > I did not know you could buy earbuds until yesterday :#

I had no idea about this. Where can you find them?

I think you can buy them from a computer.

Oh I see like where you can buy seeds, books ect ect

thanks

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @HarleyQuinnGirl @marcel21 Listening to New Age via the earbuds focuses a sim.

On a separate note, don't buy a toybox for pet's toys as sims constantly put the toys away. Instead, leave the toys out for pets to play with them at any time (it keeps the playful pets happy).
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    EaTox wrote: »
    I had no idea that if you notice your sim exhibiting signs of being pregnant before actually taking a pregnancy test:
    • Having baby-related thoughts right after looking nauseous
    • The toilet gives the option to "throw up"

As long as you don't have your sim take a pregnancy test, they never actually have the baby. :o

Yeah though a nice little touch of you have them take the pregancy test they'll autonously go to share the big news with their significant other. Its so cute.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I didn't know the first one. Here are some things you might not know.

.You can make a sort-of spiral staircase with foundations, stairs, stair railing, fence, and a house to put them in.
    .Father Winter makes an excellent Baby-Daddy for the 100 baby challenge.
    .Vampires don't get affected by the current temperature. I swear, they could go on a three-day walk in the middle of winter with knee-deep snow wearing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shorts and a tanked crop top.
    .Men in the sims can get pregnant. I'm telling you, something is wrong with those aliens...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FanPoppyFanPoppy Posts: 2 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > EaTox wrote: »
    >
    > I had no idea that if you notice your sim exhibiting signs of being pregnant before actually taking a pregnancy test:
    > • Having baby-related thoughts right after looking nauseous
    > • The toilet gives the option to "throw up"
    >
    > As long as you don't have your sim take a pregnancy test, they never actually have the baby. :o
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah though a nice little touch of you have them take the pregancy test they'll autonously go to share the big news with their significant other. Its so cute.

Your Sim can actually be pregnant without a test. It happened to one of my sims today
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    FanPoppy wrote: »
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > EaTox wrote: »
    >
    > I had no idea that if you notice your sim exhibiting signs of being pregnant before actually taking a pregnancy test:
    > • Having baby-related thoughts right after looking nauseous
    > • The toilet gives the option to "throw up"
    >
    > As long as you don't have your sim take a pregnancy test, they never actually have the baby. :o
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah though a nice little touch of you have them take the pregancy test they'll autonously go to share the big news with their significant other. Its so cute.

Your Sim can actually be pregnant without a test. It happened to one of my sims today

Oh so precious. :smiley:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    FanPoppy wrote: »

Yep, I know this. The pregnancy test really just let's you know early before they hit that first trimester. :) I just always thought the sim that's pregnant running off to tell their other that they were pregnant is just a nice touch to keep me immerse in my sims lives and that they're just so excited to have a baby with the other. <3
    5vJrxmT.png
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I didn't know that possessed sims can "liberate" normal plants. It only worked for me a couple of times, not every night, I don't know why.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2019
    I didnt know, that with Sims 4 City Living, Sims can read about the differente District and it acually reveals a little Story

[img][/img]24gq6on.png

Sims can blow bubbles in the bathtub. Maybe she did it, because she tooked a bubble bath or she was playful, but you can even hear the sounds and laughing.

[img][/img]n51s8i.png

Post edited by PreCiious on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sims can sometimes have whims that are impossible to fulfill. This little girl feels inspired to mix a drink. (I clicked on the bar, but there was no such option.)

kidbar0vj34.jpg

Also, did you know your toddlers can become alcoholics when they're sad?

kindwillsaufen30kx0.png

It says: "Ask Iris for a drink (because of sadness)". So I did, and naturally, his mother didn't give him anything that wasn't appropriate for a toddler, but a whim related to drinking that pops up when someone feels sad is... suspicious, to say the least.
    Its odd that Sims get Whims they can't achieve which is probably a bug but also... true to life lol xD
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Just found this out last night!

My sim Reed is level 10 Comidian (don't know if that matters) but when I was about to give him a vacation day. I saw:

Negotiate a bonus: Comedian. I clicked it and he convinced his boss to give him a one time sum of almost 2k! the option is grayed out, I'll see how long it takes for it to come back! :smile:

He also has a lot of skills level 10 so maybe a Charisma bonus? Or he has a lot of reward traits? This excited me greatly how neat~
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member

kindwillsaufen30kx0.png

It says: "Ask Iris for a drink (because of sadness)". So I did, and naturally, his mother didn't give him anything that wasn't appropriate for a toddler, but a whim related to drinking that pops up when someone feels sad is... suspicious, to say the least.

A look into the kids future maybe??

2ynjgg8.png
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I've just found out that if you click on the little icon next to a sim's need bar, you can auto-solve it. The sim will seek out the nearest fridge, toilet, etc.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've only just found out that we can ask to move in with another sim when the relationship is high enough.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I've just found out that if you click on the little icon next to a sim's need bar, you can auto-solve it. The sim will seek out the nearest fridge, toilet, etc.

Very handy if you're out and about in a neighbourhood and have no clue yourself where to find the nearest toilet, Simmie always seems to know :smile:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I didn't know this. :o
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I didn't know a Sim could turn Neutral after an extended period in Fine status. I also didn't know you could order hamster treats to extend their lives on the computer.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I haven't played Sims 4 very much, so there are lots of things I didn't know. :)
    I didn't know that if a PC falls in love with an NPC and asks him to move in, you then have to control the NPC and the NPC's family. I still haven't figured out what to do with the NPC's ex-wife and children.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,654 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »

Very handy if you're out and about in a neighbourhood and have no clue yourself where to find the nearest toilet, Simmie always seems to know :smile:

Yes, this is an interesting fact. Hopefully I'll remember it when one of my sims is in a needy situation.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I didn't realize that there is SO MANY recipes to learn and use in the game lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top