Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the Gnomes for the Seasons EP so Scary?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    They messed up the flow of my game, but a once a sim year holiday is pretty cool
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I find the gnomes hilarious and not all that scary, but I also grew up on shows like Hey Arnold! Where they had that terrifying train to Hell episode. Or the older Disney movies which had some preeeetty terrifying scenes (the three fates, multiple scenes from the beauty and the beast, poor unfortunate souls, etc) Or reading the old school fairytales.

And I am a WIMP when it comes to horror movies and games too, so it’s not like I am immune to sheer terror.

But when your baseline for being terrified is that Hey Arnold episode as a formative experience then gnomes really aren’t that scary in comparison. As a result, I love the little guys and like to have them all around my sim’s houses. Happy gnome, happy home.

(Could also be because they remind me of my Swedish grandma’s stories about the Tomte and Nisse she told me about, which makes me a sap too. As such I’ve moved their holiday to winter solstice for more appropriate honoring. And like the tomte, you better leave them out the appropriate gift since they’ve helped you out, otherwise they will wreck your plum.)
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah as said you can delete the appease gnome tradition. I personally moved them to a spring clean holiday where the only other action is cleaning so the holiday can be successful by doing one and ignoring the other
    Ps remember in ps2 sims 2 gnomes moved around the lot, normal gnomes. You also accessed cheats through a gnome
    caitytrina.png