Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the Gnomes for the Seasons EP so Scary?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The gnomes are the same gnomes we've always had, but now they move around. If this bugs you, don't place them on your lot. I like them. If you are nice to them, they will be nice to you. If, however, you are mean to them, they will be mean to you. It's just a bit of fun. And I love the giant gnome costume. I might make a Gnome King sim who rules all the other little gnomes.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    They move in an instant, usually when you're not looking, like the weeping angels in Doctor Who. :s

Those are frightening! I might not play the gnomes! Lol.

At least they don't look like weeping angels, though they're still creepy as plum.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The gnomes are the same gnomes we've always had, but now they move around. If this bugs you, don't place them on your lot. I like them. If you are nice to them, they will be nice to you. If, however, you are mean to them, they will be mean to you. It's just a bit of fun. And I love the giant gnome costume. I might make a Gnome King sim who rules all the other little gnomes.

The gnome costume is great!
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They move in an instant, usually when you're not looking, like the weeping angels in Doctor Who. :s

At least they don't look like weeping angels, though they're still creepy as plum.

Omg I'd love that especially if they turned their heads (you mean like tombstones right?). Yeah the Gnomes don't creep me out enough but they will do for funzies.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Omg I'd love that especially if they turned their heads (you mean like tombstones right?). Yeah the Gnomes don't creep me out enough but they will do for funzies.

Ugh that would make them even worse! *shudder*
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • Options
    PikaKnightPikaKnight Posts: 19 Member
    > @Hermitgirl said:
    > BabySquare wrote: »
    >
    > PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    >
    > BabySquare wrote: »
    >
    > They move in an instant, usually when you're not looking, like the weeping angels in Doctor Who. :s
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Those are frightening! I might not play the gnomes! Lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > At least they don't look like weeping angels, though they're still creepy as plum.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Omg I'd love that especially if they turned their heads (you mean like tombstones right?). Yeah the Gnomes don't creep me out enough but they will do for funzies.

Now I want the regular gnomes to randomly move (locations or/and body parts) on a regular basis! That would be creepy fun :D
  • Options

Now I want the regular gnomes to randomly move (locations or/and body parts) on a regular basis! That would be creepy fun :D[/quote]

These are the regular gnomes. Now, they move.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I agree. They should’ve done something else with the time and money they put into coding these demons.

Why? People like seeing old Sims things back. Not everyone likes the same old Sims things. I detest the Tragic Clown but saw lots of happy people when it came back. I love the gnomes and am happy to see it back as more than a garden ornament. They're making a game for all Simmers, not just some.

I agree with this. The gnomes remind me very much of the sims 1. (Except they got drunk in the sims 1) but it’s a nice throwback.
  • Options
    PikaKnightPikaKnight Posts: 19 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Now I want the regular gnomes to randomly move (locations or/and body parts) on a regular basis! That would be creepy fun :D[/quote]
    >
    > These are the regular gnomes. Now, they move.

No, I meant having them move and such when not part of a holiday.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    OmGnomes!!!! I'm late to the party but little gnome-y evild doers are more than welcome in my game. I love the bizarre elements in the game because sometimes weird stuff happens in real life too that people can't explain. So that's an aliens holiday, a vampire celebration and a religious order for followers of the gnome....excellent!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm glad they added this. I like when they add extra things, it makes the EP feels more filled.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

yeah I squealed with delight during live stream when they showed the creepy gnomes! I was like oh crap they're pretty scary, i love it! I've always been a fan of sim's gnomes. When sims4 first launch and the gnomes didn't move.....what so ever.....I was bummed. But now!! yes!!!yes!! yes!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Now I want the regular gnomes to randomly move (locations or/and body parts) on a regular basis! That would be creepy fun :D
    >
    > These are the regular gnomes. Now, they move.

No, I meant having them move and such when not part of a holiday. [/quote]

I think they will now always move with or without a party, as they did in past versions.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    On the bright side you can just remove that tradition from the holiday~ So no gnomes.

Though I still don't find them as creepy as the one from sims 3 that tends to appear at your bedside watching you sleep.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    hallow wrote: »
    ShySimz wrote: »
    For some reason I like gnomes even though I’m known to hate havoc in my games (unless my sims are causing it) What I find scary is the gnome costume. It’s like it’s tiny eyes are staring into your soul....

I find the gnome costume kind of cute. I guess it just looks kind of cuddly and soft lol

Exactly why we must be careful around it! Cute and cuddly things can be dangerous...I know from experience. I had three cats.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    For some reason I like gnomes even though I’m known to hate havoc in my games (unless my sims are causing it) What I find scary is the gnome costume. It’s like it’s tiny eyes are staring into your soul....

I find the gnome costume kind of cute. I guess it just looks kind of cuddly and soft lol

Exactly why we must be careful around it! Cute and cuddly things can be dangerous...I know from experience. I had three cats.

Oh so true! My sister had to bell one of her cats because she was always startling her. Coming up behind her and pounching on her ankles (playfully, never hurting her, except her nerves that is). That same cat, used to be all quiet and then run like a plumbob and timing her runs in a way that would take her projectory past me, and other innocent bystanders, right in front of where I was walking in such a way that I had to stop very quickly or risk stepping on the furry projectile. Not fun when I wasn't wearing my glasses.

I haven't had the gnomes in game yet but I am looking great forward to it. I loved them in Sims 3 and I remember the drunk gnomes from Sims 1. And nothing is as scary as a weeping angel. /brrr. Made me suspicious of statues for a time.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    I really don’t like the Harvest Fest gnomes. Why did they have to be added, and for that matter, why did they have to destroy everything if you make them mad? I really hate them, even though I like the gnome costume. Why did they have to exist? ;-;

They are mild in Sims 4 - should have seen all the havoc they created in Sims 1 - especially if you made the mistake of leaving your nectar in the nectar tub outside.

But since sims 1 people have been begging to have the gnomes back that come to life. You just have to be nice to them and they can be quite useful. Don't know yet if these are affected by the bar type juice or not - but generally in Sims 1 - you really needed to make sure they did not get any.

Personally I sort of like the gnomes and I'm glad they are back and able to come to life. Sims 3 they were spooky - moving all the time but never visible when they did. I like these a lot better.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think there great! I was gonna do a challenge with them everyday a gnome holiday; my sims goal is to try and survive.
  • Options
    Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2018
    Do they ever leave? Harvest day is long over and the appeased gnomes are still in my living room, dropping seed packets everywhere every 30 minutes or so. It's been at least 3 days in-game now... lZW48qg.png Update: I now notice I seem to own them as possessions... Well that problem is easily solved!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    They're terrifying but I love having them in my game :naughty:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Do they ever leave? Harvest day is long over and the appeased gnomes are still in my living room, dropping seed packets everywhere every 30 minutes or so. It's been at least 3 days in-game now... lZW48qg.png Update: I now notice I seem to own them as possessions... Well that problem is easily solved!

Amazing!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    28205309547_3ac9609c22_b.jpg

Can't imagine why you'd find gnomes to be creepy.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    KatzMeowz wrote: »
    28205309547_3ac9609c22_b.jpg

Can't imagine why you'd find gnomes to be creepy.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww I just want to cuddle with them!!!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am to scared to even add them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CylienaCyliena Posts: 5 New Member
    I had two pop up on a retail lot, made one happy and tried to appease the other. Now they keep giving mass quantities of seed packets, like Euripides67 posted above. :open_mouth: Maybe I'll just set them up for sale...