Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the Gnomes for the Seasons EP so Scary?

Comments

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    To me these gnomes are not creepy. I just managed to appease them and all went well. They left me tons of seasonal seeds as gifts so I don't have to buy any. I just moved them to my inventory when the holiday was done.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't know what to play with since we got Seasons but decided I needed to play with gnomes a little.. Decided to hide it for those ascared of gnomes and clowns.
    qx2ryp.png
    I really don't get the fright from this stuff but I'll be nice today.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I ended up using them, and then discovered the seed packet gifts. Wow! I started a thread about this. My teenage girl is going to be a gardener, so these packets are an amazing start!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Got past the creepiness of gnomes hanging out around my Sims bed and such and just realize they're more so obnoxious in wanting donations and charity for them. Gnomes don't appreciate my coffee or fruitcake. :neutral:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't know what to play with since we got Seasons but decided I needed to play with gnomes a little.. Decided to hide it for those ascared of gnomes and clowns.
    qx2ryp.png

Torn between this being hilarious and terrifying. I'm not really scared of clowns. Just the gnomes hanging around my sims bed while they sleep can be unsettling like 'WAKE UP AND GIVE AN OFFERING TO YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR THE GNOMES.'
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Torn between this being hilarious and terrifying. I'm not really scared of clowns. Just the gnomes hanging around my sims bed while they sleep can be unsettling like 'WAKE UP AND GIVE AN OFFERING TO YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR THE GNOMES.'

Even worse if the bed is in use for other purposes. Here I was thinking having the cat or dog watching was bad.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Hm, I've played way past Fall, and on one particular lot they are still standing in a group, no longer moving about, but still gifting the owner en masse! In fact, I was planning that the owner could probably make a nice extra incom based on these gnomes... Wonder if their gifting features is meant to last a full year, and will go away next Fall?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    If I use the gnome lot trait (the one that fixes broken objects), then, the new gnome gameplay won't occur? Is that right?
    4kkjdXo.png

• BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2018
    They are creepy to me too :s I just edit the holiday and take that action out and replace it with a new one :D
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't find them scary (lol) but the idea of them is just a tad ridiculous for my tastes. I'm going to keep an open mind, though.

I take this back, by the way. Destroying the little buggers turned out to be absolutely thrilling >:) . And my sim can insta-repair so he doesn't even care if they break all his appliances.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    I don't find them scary (lol) but the idea of them is just a tad ridiculous for my tastes. I'm going to keep an open mind, though.

I take this back, by the way. Destroying the little buggers turned out to be absolutely thrilling >:) . And my sim can insta-repair so he doesn't even care if they break all his appliances.

Ohmygod
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • Lexx223Lexx223 Posts: 27 Member
    I hate them lol, I am not going to participate in that tradition. I hate chaos when I'm not the one orchestrating it haha
  • NkingNking Posts: 29 Member
    > @hallow said:
    > I really don’t like the Harvest Fest gnomes. Why did they have to be added, and for that matter, why did they have to destroy everything if you make them mad? I really hate them, even though I like the gnome costume. Why did they have to exist? ;-;
    Some family's have kids watching... scary things should be in the scary expansions so those who don't want scary stuff dont have to be forced to have it. Fix scary gnomes... take them out.
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > You don't have to use them, you can delete "appease gnomes" as a tradition and never use it and then they will never spawn in your game. I happen to love them and the element of chaos they bring because I get bored with everything being happy and perfect all the time, but then that's the great thing about this pack. Holidays can be customized to fit your exact playstyle.
    Thanks this is good news, as my granddaughter is 4 and I wouldn't want her to be scared of the game with nasty little gnomes about.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    qx2ryp.png
    That is disturbing in a hilarious way though. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    yeah I squealed with delight during live stream when they showed the creepy gnomes! I was like oh plum they're pretty scary, i love it! I've always been a fan of sim's gnomes. When sims4 first launch and the gnomes didn't move.....what so ever.....I was bummed. But now!! yes!!!yes!! yes!

I honestly always thought the gnomes randomly moving in the earlier Sims games was creepy as heck and never even put them in anything on the Sims 4 and always removed the lot trait so I never even realized that they didn't move in the Sims 4 until your comment! LMAO!! And I love gnomes in my garden outside. Actually have a few in my flower bed right now lol
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • KatfeineXBKatfeineXB Posts: 8 New Member
    I cant stand the way they just appear and their eyes are glowing. I deleted it from the holiday so it doesn't happen anymore. That is what I am thankful for lol
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2018
    The gnomes are terrifying.

Fall was the first season I experienced in my game, so during my first Harvestfest, the gnomes showed up. I already knew I wouldn't like them because I disliked gnomes in Sims 3 showing up in random places and I just had a feeling I would dislike them here too. I decided to try it out anyways before deleting the tradition and I gave little gifts to the gnomes. The first gnome liked his gift and I got all excited because two more gnomes showed up so I made my two sims give each one a gift. The third gnome liked his gift that the female sim gave it, but the second gnome hated his gift that the husband gave, so it electrified the guy by sending a lightning bolt to strike him. Luckily, he didn't die so I cleaned him up and made him apologize for the fruitcake but the gnome didn't accept the apology. I got so annoyed that he tried killing my sim, so I made his pregnant wife kick the gnome. (I figured she was pregnant so she'd be immune to death and the gnome's shenanigans).

Turns out, they ALL got really angry and a bunch of gnomes started showing up all over the lot. They began breaking items and every time the wife cleaned anything, they'd make even more of a mess. To top it all off, in the middle of them destroying everything and creating puddles and piles of trash, the female sim went into labor. Also, a message appeared when trying to click 'Appease the Gnomes', saying "Lily has angered the gnomes. The Gnome High Council will now pass judgement on the gnome-kicking monster". So, basically the female sim couldn't apologize or reverse her actions. When they got back from the hospital, a fire started. It was intense. I ended up having to delete them all from the lot. I didn't know how else to get rid of them or make them happy again.

So lets just say my first Harvestfest experience was RUINED because of these gnomes (and their creepy heads on fire) destroying everything in my house....... :unamused::expressionless::rage:

Here are some screenshots of my lovely first Harvestfest:

ufbhs3G.jpg
    cH395Xp.jpg
    rnFIvY3.jpg
    Post edited by ayyitsmell on
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The gnomes are our beloved Sim angels...ever ready to strike us down should the sims no longer can appease their Creator. >:)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they are a throw-back to Sims 1 mischievous gnomes.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think they are a throw-back to Sims 1 mischievous gnomes.
    If they are I hate gnomes so I never have them around. In Sims 3 I would never put them out and find one randomly in the yard.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My Sim only had one gnome reject the cake, they repeared in the lounge around the TV and broke it. From 2 to 5 my sim appeased them with the flame and they took it out of her by striking her with an electric shock. The gnomes multiplied, my sim ignored the! But they kept multiplying. My sim got rid of them by kicking them. She had to follow them as after the kick the other gnomes moved round the house.
    My sim got rid of them and found cool items in the scavenging. She then disposed of them in the bin.
    No more gnomes appeared, but you have to get rid of them in one go, as they multiply.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks they are cute?!!.