Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the Gnomes for the Seasons EP so Scary?

Comments

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Some of the gnomes look cute and cuddly but be careful if your sim appeases them with fruit, cakes and toys. I shall let my sim investigate these gnomes further. I managed to get one accept gifts.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    My Sim only had one gnome reject the cake, they repeared in the lounge around the TV and broke it. From 2 to 5 my sim appeased them with the flame and they took it out of her by striking her with an electric shock. The gnomes multiplied, my sim ignored the! But they kept multiplying. My sim got rid of them by kicking them. She had to follow them as after the kick the other gnomes moved round the house.
    My sim got rid of them and found cool items in the scavenging. She then disposed of them in the bin.
    No more gnomes appeared, but you have to get rid of them in one go, as they multiply.

I wish I had known. I could've gotten cool items from scavenging. There were so many and I just deleted them all LOL
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    My Sims got thunder strikes, not once, but twice, when they gave them wrong gifts. Now, the Gnomes are locked up in the Greenhouse with my bees. Is there death because of Gnome revenge?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    zamira82 wrote: »
    My Sims got thunder strikes, not once, but twice, when they gave them wrong gifts. Now, the Gnomes are locked up in the Greenhouse with my bees. Is there death because of Gnome revenge?

There is no death like that...yet.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    One of my sims with the evil trait kicked a gnome once.... What a disaster that was! There might not be a death by gnome revenge, but gnome revenge is a really scary thing to experience!
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    BK747 wrote: »
    One of my sims with the evil trait kicked a gnome once.... What a disaster that was! There might not be a death by gnome revenge, but gnome revenge is a really scary thing to experience!

My sim has not had any more gnomes appear since getting rid.
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I like to think of the gnomes as the ones from lot traits. They come out at 3am to fix all your broken things without so much as a thank you! So they arrive on harvest fest so you can thank them for all their hard work by giving them a gift. Give them a rubbish one and they will break all the things! Gnomes on strike!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My Sim child kicked one and this happened later that night.

2w20gup.png

:open_mouth:
    giphy.gif
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    hallow wrote: »
    I really don’t like the Harvest Fest gnomes. Why did they have to be added, and for that matter, why did they have to destroy everything if you make them mad? I really hate them, even though I like the gnome costume. Why did they have to exist? ;-;

You might remove them from the Harvest Fest if you like.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I usually try to keep them happy at this point.. been playing awhile. I call on them in a new save when I need to start a garden and my sims are poor. No wonder they demand respect... All Hail!
    Love that picture @ParmaViolet87 looks like something you could build a real story around.
    I agree though @BoergeAarg61 they made it so those of us that like them can use them and easy-peasy you can take them out if you don't.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Fluffyrox4Fluffyrox4 Posts: 3 New Member
    The first time I discovered gnomes, I decided to see what would happen if I kicked one. Nothing really happened straight away so I decided to kick another. That's 2 gnomes kicked.
    Later that day I'd scheduled a dinner party for Harvestfest, and let's just say it didn't go super well. Like, 2 hours before the party was supposed to start, my 2 sims were rushing around fixing everything and mopping water up from everywhere, and trying to control their set of twin babies who WOULDN'T STOP CRYING!!

The party rolled around and they'd managed to prepare half the food, but everything was still breaking and leaking and I was doing my best, but to no avail. Did I mention it was storming outside?
    Eventually, about 3 hours before the party was due to end, I gave up. I put on the stereo, set the food on the table, and called everyone to the meal to eat.
    Right as I did that though, there was a power outage. I thought it'd be fun to install the power outage mod. Bad idea.

For the next few hours, everyone was forced to eat in darkness, with everything around them broken, water and trash everywhere, while 2 dumb babies in the next room over were crying non-stop.

Good party.
  • tclvistclvis Posts: 17 Member
    Three gnomes appeared during Harvestfest. It's now after New Year's, and they're still there and tossing seed packets. My sim is new and sells the seeds for the money, so it's not a huge problem (though it's time-consuming), but the gnomes stopped distributing after Harvestfest in my other households. Is this supposed to happen or did my little guys get stuck? I think they're hilarious, and they're a great source of likely accidental income. Just curious.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    tclvis wrote: »
    Three gnomes appeared during Harvestfest. It's now after New Year's, and they're still there and tossing seed packets. My sim is new and sells the seeds for the money, so it's not a huge problem (though it's time-consuming), but the gnomes stopped distributing after Harvestfest in my other households. Is this supposed to happen or did my little guys get stuck? I think they're hilarious, and they're a great source of likely accidental income. Just curious.

They stay until you delete them.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I think it's really fun when the gnomes come along, although they are a bit annoying when they are angry, they shower you with stuff when they are happy so it's kind of like tossing a dice.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I like the gnomes, but I did take them off of Harvestfest and put them in a different holiday that I made up that seems more suitable.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    all of them are a bit creepy to me. i don't even put the "cute" gnomes in my game.
  • tclvistclvis Posts: 17 Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > tclvis wrote: »
    >
    > Three gnomes appeared during Harvestfest. It's now after New Year's, and they're still there and tossing seed packets. My sim is new and sells the seeds for the money, so it's not a huge problem (though it's time-consuming), but the gnomes stopped distributing after Harvestfest in my other households. Is this supposed to happen or did my little guys get stuck? I think they're hilarious, and they're a great source of likely accidental income. Just curious.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They stay until you delete them.

Ah. One house they disappeared, this one, they stay. I wonder if it's random or the other house got bugged. Eventually I'll probably delete them. Thanks!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    tclvis wrote: »
    > @Anmirla said:
    > tclvis wrote: »
    >
    > Three gnomes appeared during Harvestfest. It's now after New Year's, and they're still there and tossing seed packets. My sim is new and sells the seeds for the money, so it's not a huge problem (though it's time-consuming), but the gnomes stopped distributing after Harvestfest in my other households. Is this supposed to happen or did my little guys get stuck? I think they're hilarious, and they're a great source of likely accidental income. Just curious.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They stay until you delete them.

Ah. One house they disappeared, this one, they stay. I wonder if it's random or the other house got bugged. Eventually I'll probably delete them. Thanks!

@tclvis The two houses I was testing things in had permanent Gnomes. Seed packet after seed packet dropped - too bad these houses didn't have room for a decent size garden! :D
    I ended up selling a few of them that blocked items my Sims needed like the fridge and shower. I said "That's it. You had your chance. Buh-bye!"
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    hallow wrote: »
    In my opinion the gnomes have always been scary :D

I wasn’t bothered by them until the holiday had been added.

Here's what you do. If you don't remove the "Appease Gnome" from the holiday, (just click on that itty bitty pencil icon in the upper right of the holiday description in the calendar select the tradition and simply hit delete), then once they show up in your game, go into buy/build and simply sell the little devils. I would, but part of me finds it a bit fun to hunt for them. The only thing I don't really like about it is only one Sim in the household can do the 'appease gnome' action. So, whichever Sim gets there first, the rest can either kick the gnome (which I don't advise) or try to make sure their holiday isn't awful by completing all of the other traditions. :open_mouth:

But I agree, it's very nice to have things from the prior iterations.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • leanmeanlimabeanleanmeanlimabean Posts: 5 New Member
    I wouldn't mind them so much if they didn't appear in random places. The first household I played with them, I ended up with about 10 gnomes, most of them in places that my sims couldn't get to. The newest household I played with them, I was playing with Get Famous and my sims were in a big mansion. It took me 20 minutes to track down all the gnomes amongst all the hills and leaf piles and floors of the lot!! I like them, they're just annoying on large lots!!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I have no issue with them yet - I just give them toys and they give me seed packets lol.
  • Lexus961Lexus961 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm living in the city in an apartment with my sims and for some reason every time they start cooking any Grand Meal for Harvestfest they stop and a thought bubble appears saying they can't go there. I'm confused. Can someone help me?
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just recently finished finding out at least one "like" for each gnome. I haven't gone through all combinations, but I have at least one "Like" for each.
    Gnome Name                      Likes         Hates
    Mr. Floppy the Gnome		Toy, Salad    ?
    The Ghastly Ghostly Gnome	Fruitcake     Pie
    Bearly Gnome                    Toy           ?
    Bare Essentials Gnome           Toy           ?
    There’s No Place Like Gnome     Toy           ?
    Happy Gnome Garden Pal          Fruitcake     Toy, Pie, Salad
    Happy Gnomiversary              Toy           ?
    Gnome matter what…              Pie           Toy
    Guardian of the Gnomelaxy       Toy           ?
    Strictly Business Gnome         Pie           Cube
    Don’t Fear The Reagnomper       Pie           Coffee
    Poolside Gnome                  Toy           ?

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Aw, what fun is it if you know beforehand? I like the hit or miss option, myself. Like I stated in my earlier post, I often delete the little devils via buy/build mode. Recently, I downloaded a version of a house I'd used in an earlier incarnation of the Cantrell family. (I've had to restart). What I forgot was, there were several seed packets left in the second floor bathroom. It was a bit of a windfall for this new version of the Cantrells. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Aw, what fun is it if you know beforehand? I like the hit or miss option, myself. Like I stated in my earlier post, I often delete the little devils via buy/build mode. Recently, I downloaded a version of a house I'd used in an earlier incarnation of the Cantrell family. (I've had to restart). What I forgot was, there were several seed packets left in the second floor bathroom. It was a bit of a windfall for this new version of the Cantrells. ;)

Laff. It isn't much fun after they start breaking everything in your house... Or hitting you with lightning.