Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why, after more than four years, do sims still lack distinctive personalities? (and other issues)

Comments

• Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sims 5 really isn't relevant here. I have said over and over again, TS4 advertises "unique personalities" and that is something that needs to be delivered in this iteration of the game. Why would I want to support the next iteration if TS4 is left as a hollow shell?
    Because I don't think they can do it for Sims 4. Because they made emotions the focus and the emotions overrule any personality a sim might have. And I'd be surprised if they would be able to change that drastically. Not least because that wouldn't be fair to those who like that about the game.

My point still stands, why support a game that does not deliver on features that are advertised as part of the game. I don't understand why so many seem to believe that TS5 is the answers to every issue with TS4, that doesn't make any sense.
    Oh, that I agree with. I'd have to learn a whole lot about a Sims 5 and like what I see before I would ever buy it. What I meant is, for me it's not a question of 'they have to fix it in Sims 4 first before they can start even thinking about a Sims 5'. If it can't be done in Sims 4 and they would be able and willing to pull it off in a Sims 5, I'd go for that option. Sims 4 is what it is, we'll have to accept that.

Ok, I get you and I feel the same. I guess because I haven't played any other iteration of the sims, I don't really have expectations and I think that's what is frustrating some players. Their expectations aren't being met.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sims 5 really isn't relevant here. I have said over and over again, TS4 advertises "unique personalities" and that is something that needs to be delivered in this iteration of the game. Why would I want to support the next iteration if TS4 is left as a hollow shell?
    Because I don't think they can do it for Sims 4. Because they made emotions the focus and the emotions overrule any personality a sim might have. And I'd be surprised if they would be able to change that drastically. Not least because that wouldn't be fair to those who like that about the game.

My point still stands, why support a game that does not deliver on features that are advertised as part of the game. I don't understand why so many seem to believe that TS5 is the answers to every issue with TS4, that doesn't make any sense.
    Oh, that I agree with. I'd have to learn a whole lot about a Sims 5 and like what I see before I would ever buy it. What I meant is, for me it's not a question of 'they have to fix it in Sims 4 first before they can start even thinking about a Sims 5'. If it can't be done in Sims 4 and they would be able and willing to pull it off in a Sims 5, I'd go for that option. Sims 4 is what it is, we'll have to accept that.

Ok, I get you and I feel the same. I guess because I haven't played any other iteration of the sims, I don't really have expectations and I think that's what is frustrating some players. Their expectations aren't being met.

Exactly the point I was attempting to get across @JoAnne65. The real issue here is whether or not they're willing to pull off such a large overhaul in TS4, or if they feel it's more feasible to wait for the next iteration to fully flesh it out. @Remy_Geneva I apologize for any confusion. I did not intend to make it all about the next iteration of the game.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    A big part of this problem is the emotion system. That ambient Happiness that plagues any room with half-decent furniture makes both trait-driven and incidental negative emotions totally pointless. You can see it in Toddlers. They're immune to ambient Happy moodlets, so their mood swings really matter in terms of their in-game behavior compared to older sims, who are affected by the scourge of Ambient Happy. The Neutral mood basically doesn't exist thanks to permanent ambient Happiness oozing from every chair and painting.

Then, there's the fact that traits haven't been integrated into the AI properly. Whether your sim is a Geek or not, the moment your sim leaves them alone, they'll likely make a B-line for the computer. Does your guest have the Active trait or any fitness skill? Doesn't matter, because they'll ditch in order to go for a random jog out of the Blue regardless. The away system also shows off the poor trait integration, as sims will be at random places all over the house doing totally random things regardless of the time or their traits...or even if the room they're in is theirs or not! It's like the game just rolls a D20 and lets it ride.

Then, there's no way to pick Favorites, there's no attraction system, every kid gets scared of the monster under the bed (sorry, but kids with the Evil trait should totally not be scared of the monster)...so much has to be done to improve sims' personalities in this game that I doubt that anything will be done at this point...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options

Exactly the point I was attempting to get across @JoAnne65. The real issue here is whether or not they're willing to pull off such a large overhaul in TS4, or if they feel it's more feasible to wait for the next iteration to fully flesh it out. @Remy_Geneva I apologize for any confusion. I did not intend to make it all about the next iteration of the game.

You don't have to apologise, if I am came across abrupt please forgive me. I definitely understand what you guys mean though.
  • Options
    A big part of this problem is the emotion system. That ambient Happiness that plagues any room with half-decent furniture makes both trait-driven and incidental negative emotions totally pointless. You can see it in Toddlers. They're immune to ambient Happy moodlets, so their mood swings really matter in terms of their in-game behavior compared to older sims, who are affected by the scourge of Ambient Happy. The Neutral mood basically doesn't exist thanks to permanent ambient Happiness oozing from every chair and painting.

Then, there's the fact that traits haven't been integrated into the AI properly. Whether your sim is a Geek or not, the moment your sim leaves them alone, they'll likely make a B-line for the computer. Does your guest have the Active trait or any fitness skill? Doesn't matter, because they'll ditch in order to go for a random jog out of the Blue regardless. The away system also shows off the poor trait integration, as sims will be at random places all over the house doing totally random things regardless of the time or their traits...or even if the room they're in is theirs or not! It's like the game just rolls a D20 and lets it ride.

Then, there's no way to pick Favorites, there's no attraction system, every kid gets scared of the monster under the bed (sorry, but kids with the Evil trait should totally not be scared of the monster)...so much has to be done to improve sims' personalities in this game that I doubt that anything will be done at this point...

I think they could at least alter the Happy emotion somewhat by moving some of the Happy decor moodlets to Materialistic Sims. If they're also Snobs as well, they could only get Happy moodlets from the best quality of decor.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Remy_Geneva - You are spot on with your post!!! I feel like with the selling point of TS4 being "emotions", I expect my Sims to react. My angry Sim catches spouse cheating and because that angry buff gets overpowered by a happy buff, they're back to hugging 2 seconds later. I think what bothers me the most is that when TS2 came out in 2004.....15 years ago...those Sims had more personality than what we have now in 2019. I can't wrap my mind around it to make sense. In TS2....the attraction system, I loved so much. Because you really couldn't just walk up to any Sim and start a conversation, unless they were attracted to your Sim. If they were not attracted....all I can say is good luck trying to progress that relationship.....as it actually took a lot of work to build (if you could at all). This game lacks that kind of challenge. I should not be able to have my Sim walk up to any Sim and ask them out or start a romantic convo in just 3 secs of convo. For a game based on emotion, I want my Sims to stay in an angry state for awhile or stay sad. I want them to lash out if they got cheated on or got into a fight. I think TS4 Sims are way to social for my liking. Let's fight and then seconds later hug it out and have a friendly conversation, which is just unrealistic. I hate going back to an older version....but TS2 got it right (even though it was a bit too dramatic at times). In TS2....if a Sim was angry at your Sim....they would go into a state of fury....(which had a timer for how long it lasted). That Sim would make your Sim's live a living nightmare for awhile....knock over your trashcan, steal your newspaper, etc. & don't even think of trying to have a friendly conversation, because it wasn't happening if they were furious with your Sim. I miss ALL of this so much! & I really do hope they expand upon the TS4 emotions and give us better traits that actually have some kind of impact. This game at its core just needs more depth.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Because the team seems to think spending time on things like an Alexa feature is more important than improving the actual gameplay.

Right!? :grimace:

@Remy_Geneva I'm pretty sure the "Turn Ons and Offs" came with the Base game of TS2, but I may be wrong. That was one of many things from TS2 I missed that didn't carry over to TS3. :cry:

This is a great discussion because I 100% agree with you, sims need WAY more lifelike personalities! We're on the 4th iteration now, something like that should've been implemented into the newest game (TS4) on Day ONE! (That and Open World, but let's not go there. ;) )

Sadly though I do wonder if they are holding out the better personalities and traits (even careers) for The Sims 5 to make it more desirable upon release. To really catch the lifelong simmers with it so they'll no doubt want to buy the new iteration.

It's all about money these days....... :( not what the players want. And if they do happen to go with what some of the players want, it's gameplay that appeals mostly to the current generation players, not the veteran players. It's very unfortunate. Because they're (EA/Maxis) forgetting that if they give the veteran players what they really want/desire TOO, they'll make more money than they ever thought possible with this game! :star:
    That's just my thoughts on it.
    Sims 5 really isn't relevant here. I have said over and over again, TS4 advertises "unique personalities" and that is something that needs to be delivered in this iteration of the game.
    ^True! If they advertised it, they should deliver!
    Sorry about bringing up Sims 5 (was typing as I went along reading)...I was just sharing my thoughts. <3
    I'd have to learn a whole lot about a Sims 5 and like what I see before I would ever buy it.
    @JoAnne65 ^Amen to that!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I agree, this has been one of my issues with this franchise. The system needs work, I hope this is something that they are going to work on, the Sims are not very unique and the traits just do not seem to matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @AshtontoAshton22 that's a good idea, makes perfect sense that materialistic sims would feel that way about decor.

@SimsLovinLycan yes to everything. This is exactly why every sims feels identical.
    @Remy_Geneva - You are spot on with your post!!! I feel like with the selling point of TS4 being "emotions", I expect my Sims to react. My angry Sim catches spouse cheating and because that angry buff gets overpowered by a happy buff, they're back to hugging 2 seconds later. I think what bothers me the most is that when TS2 came out in 2004.....15 years ago...those Sims had more personality than what we have now in 2019. I can't wrap my mind around it to make sense. In TS2....the attraction system, I loved so much. Because you really couldn't just walk up to any Sim and start a conversation, unless they were attracted to your Sim. If they were not attracted....all I can say is good luck trying to progress that relationship.....as it actually took a lot of work to build (if you could at all). This game lacks that kind of challenge. I should not be able to have my Sim walk up to any Sim and ask them out or start a romantic convo in just 3 secs of convo. For a game based on emotion, I want my Sims to stay in an angry state for awhile or stay sad. I want them to lash out if they got cheated on or got into a fight. I think TS4 Sims are way to social for my liking. Let's fight and then seconds later hug it out and have a friendly conversation, which is just unrealistic. I hate going back to an older version....but TS2 got it right (even though it was a bit too dramatic at times). In TS2....if a Sim was angry at your Sim....they would go into a state of fury....(which had a timer for how long it lasted). That Sim would make your Sim's live a living nightmare for awhile....knock over your trashcan, steal your newspaper, etc. & don't even think of trying to have a friendly conversation, because it wasn't happening if they were furious with your Sim. I miss ALL of this so much! & I really do hope they expand upon the TS4 emotions and give us better traits that actually have some kind of impact. This game at its core just needs more depth.
    Because the team seems to think spending time on things like an Alexa feature is more important than improving the actual gameplay.

This right here just sums TS4 up. Not only does it show that TS4 is a step backwards from the previous games in terms of personalities at the very least, it says alot about what is prioritised aswell.

emorrill wrote: »

Right!? :grimace:

@Remy_Geneva I'm pretty sure the "Turn Ons and Offs" came with the Base game of TS2, but I may be wrong. That was one of many things from TS2 I missed that didn't carry over to TS3. :cry:

This is a great discussion because I 100% agree with you, sims need WAY more lifelike personalities! We're on the 4th iteration now, something like that should've been implemented into the newest game (TS4) on Day ONE! (That and Open World, but let's not go there. ;) )

Sadly though I do wonder if they are holding out the better personalities and traits (even careers) for The Sims 5 to make it more desirable upon release. To really catch the lifelong simmers with it so they'll no doubt want to buy the new iteration.

It's all about money these days....... :( not what the players want. And if they do happen to go with what some of the players want, it's gameplay that appeals mostly to the current generation players, not the veteran players. It's very unfortunate. Because they're (EA/Maxis) forgetting that if they give the veteran players what they really want/desire TOO, they'll make more money than they ever thought possible with this game! :star:
    That's just my thoughts on it.
    Sims 5 really isn't relevant here. I have said over and over again, TS4 advertises "unique personalities" and that is something that needs to be delivered in this iteration of the game.
    ^True! If they advertised it, they should deliver!
    Sorry about bringing up Sims 5 (was typing as I went along reading)...I was just sharing my thoughts. <3
    I'd have to learn a whole lot about a Sims 5 and like what I see before I would ever buy it.
    @JoAnne65 ^Amen to that!

The thing is they could have both lol.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    Here are a few traits that could be nice to have :smile: (we might have some of them, my game is in French and sometimes the translation is different.

Rebellious : Teens don’t obey, sneak out, try on new looks. Adults don’t play by the rules.

Control Freak : self explanatory.

Shallow : These sims are extremely preoccupied by their appearance.

Cheapskate : These sims are very unhappy when they spend money. The idea of buying something expensive makes them sick.

Bossy : These sims are happy when they give orders and boss around other sims.

Hypocrite : Hypocrite sims never say what they really think.

Honest : These sims always say the truth and don’t steal.

Compulsive liar : These sims always invent fake stories about themselves, lie as often as they breath.

Shy : These sims have trouble making friends and are often uneasy in public

🐸🐸🐸🐸 : These sims are always flirty, and may dress in an inappropriate manner.

Unfaithful : These sims cheat on their other half.

Loyal : These sims are loyal to their other half ans their friends

Obnoxious : These sims are very unpleasant.

Arrogant : These sims look down on other sims and constantly talk about themselves.

Rude : Kind of like obnoxious.

Vulgar : Unclassy sims.

Classy : Non-vulgar, well-mannered sims.

Boring : These sims bore other sims.

Thoughtful : These sims always do nice things for other sims, surprise them with meaningful gifts.

Careless : These sims just don’t give a plum.

Stupid : These sims are dumb.

Intelligent/Smart : The sims love to learn and are fast learners.

Organized : These sims always have tidy houses, know how to be efficient.

Absent-Minded : These sims always forget things and have trouble focusing.

Dreamer : These sims tend to often be lost in a world of their own.

Generous : These sims love gift giving, they also share easily.

Potty Mouth : These sims swear all the time.

Judgmental : These sims judge other sims a lot and are easily offended by other sims behavior.

Chatterbox : These sims just never stop talking.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    I really hope they are coming out with a Date Night and a Hobbies pack. Having a proper romance system and proper dating, plus hobbies and interests is needed. The sims freaking 1 had interests, even the pets had interests in both TS1 and TS2.

Also, something as simple as a Sim Biography that you can write in CAS/Live Mode for your sims would go a long ways. It's so silly how every game had this but TS4 and it's so simple. And with Generations even sims from older worlds were given individual biographies.

The team adds traits with packs but what do they do? Absolutely nothing (very few do, unflirty is a cool trait though). I'm so mad about "paranoid" the trait literally does nothing. There's a bunch of interactions that don't do anything not even exclusive animations, there's only one new "idle" animation with this trait and a tense moodlet with a "+1" value, what a joke. That thing gets overwritten by decor like there's no tomorrow. And they don't even get tense from not being in a basement for too long.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I really hope they are coming out with a Date Night and a Hobbies pack. Having a proper romance system and proper dating, plus hobbies and interests is needed. The sims freaking 1 had interests, even the pets had interests in both TS1 and TS2.

Also, something as simple as a Sim Biography that you can write in CAS/Live Mode for your sims would go a long ways. It's so silly how every game had this but TS4 and it's so simple. And with Generations even sims from older worlds were given individual biographies.

The team adds traits with packs but what do they do? Absolutely nothing (very few do, unflirty is a cool trait though). I'm so mad about "paranoid" the trait literally does nothing. There's a bunch of interactions that don't do anything not even exclusive animations, there's only one new "idle" animation with this trait and a tense moodlet with a "+1" value, what a joke. That thing gets overwritten by decor like there's no tomorrow. And they don't even get tense from not being in a basement for too long.

I agree completely. This is desperately needed. It would make crafting our own stories so much deeper. Everything just feels so shallow and empty when making stories because every sim I make, no matter the traits, is a clone.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Here are a few traits that could be nice to have :smile: (we might have some of them, my game is in French and sometimes the translation is different.

Rebellious : Teens don’t obey, sneak out, try on new looks. Adults don’t play by the rules.

Control Freak : self explanatory.

Shallow : These sims are extremely preoccupied by their appearance.

Cheapskate : These sims are very unhappy when they spend money. The idea of buying something expensive makes them sick.

Bossy : These sims are happy when they give orders and boss around other sims.

Hypocrite : Hypocrite sims never say what they really think.

Honest : These sims always say the truth and don’t steal.

Compulsive liar : These sims always invent fake stories about themselves, lie as often as they breath.

Shy : These sims have trouble making friends and are often uneasy in public

plum : These sims are always flirty, and may dress in an inappropriate manner.

Unfaithful : These sims cheat on their other half.

Loyal : These sims are loyal to their other half ans their friends

Obnoxious : These sims are very unpleasant.

Arrogant : These sims look down on other sims and constantly talk about themselves.

Rude : Kind of like obnoxious.

Vulgar : Unclassy sims.

Classy : Non-vulgar, well-mannered sims.

Boring : These sims bore other sims.

Thoughtful : These sims always do nice things for other sims, surprise them with meaningful gifts.

Careless : These sims just don’t give a plum.

Stupid : These sims are dumb.

Intelligent/Smart : The sims love to learn and are fast learners.

Organized : These sims always have tidy houses, know how to be efficient.

Absent-Minded : These sims always forget things and have trouble focusing.

Dreamer : These sims tend to often be lost in a world of their own.

Generous : These sims love gift giving, they also share easily.

Potty Mouth : These sims swear all the time.

Judgmental : These sims judge other sims a lot and are easily offended by other sims behavior.

Chatterbox : These sims just never stop talking.

Great ideas for new traits, I really like chatter box and boring.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm still hoping for a fear emotion one day. I'm still hoping for an associated pack that might bring it as an overhaul to the base game. I'm still hoping for a pack that brings more story/powers to Grimmy, additions to ghosts and funerals and cemeteries. Maybe an Underworld story (big hope now).

I'd like an attraction system but only if you can pick it or easily change it if for some reason sims already in game get these things picked for them. Mostly I'm worried about my long played sims not being who I see them as with this. Otherwise I'd love it for newly created sims.

It would be nice if we could lock a job at a certain stage... not sure I would use it but I can see where it could be useful to some simmers.

More traits and more jobs... I think we will see these.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really hope they are working on that. Maybe this year we'll see it if we are lucky.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Generations could also add a ton of much needed depth. In that pack, I'd like to have the option to make extended family relationships in CAS like, aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc. Elders could be fleshed out a little bit more in that pack. They could compile a scrapbook of pictures taken with their family and they could also write out a will. There could be another aspiration called Cool Grandma or something. I'm sorry, this sounds more like an Elders pack than Generations but yeah. Honestly, I feel like there should be a middle-aged stage between adult and elder as well.
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    @Remy_Geneva I couldn't agree with you more. Sims are just so... bland. I want to see more dynamic interactions. One thing I would like to see is someone who likes hobbies. Wasn't there a character point that was "tinkerer?" I know there used to be the "handy" trait. I want to see my sims tinker on old cars, take computers apart for fun, rebuild old cars, etc.
  • Options
    More romantic interactions would spice things up as well. We need pillow talk after bed WooHoo and slow dancing.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited March 2019
    Ya know what I want on top of all this? UNIVERSITY IT'S BEEN SIX YEARS WE NEED IT.

And better babies. Just university first.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    xPIXLx wrote: »
    @Remy_Geneva I couldn't agree with you more. Sims are just so... bland. I want to see more dynamic interactions. One thing I would like to see is someone who likes hobbies. Wasn't there a character point that was "tinkerer?" I know there used to be the "handy" trait. I want to see my sims tinker on old cars, take computers apart for fun, rebuild old cars, etc.

That sounds fun the tinkering thing. I agree, a hobbies game pack (along with a like/dislike feature which would affect sim relationships) would boost this game tenfold. Let us control our sims not RNG. I am so tired of watching every sim run to the computer or a book if they are left alone for more than 30 seconds.
    More romantic interactions would spice things up as well. We need pillow talk after bed WooHoo and slow dancing.

I have seen lots of people asking for slow dancing. Maybe a romance pack would be the best place for that, I think it would be a great change to the dancing we currently have in the game. Variety is always good.

Ya know what I want on top of all this? UNIVERSITY IT'S BEEN SIX YEARS WE NEED IT.

And better babies. Just university first.

What we need is for EAxis to deliver the unique personalities they advertise as a gameplay feature. It doesn't matter how many DLC's they keep slapping on, the sims will remain as lifeless clones (unless the DLC's affect personality). No amount of babies, witches, universities, farms etc is going to change that.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    To be fair we saw a lot of that same complaint in Sims 3 also as people complained of how robotic the Sims were compared to Sims 2. But just like this game I came to terms with it and was able to enjoy both games.

I really did not see the Sims 4 Sims any more or less robotic than Sims 3 or vice versa - well except for that insane smile Sims 4 sims get at times - both are pretty equal on the personality front compared to Sims 2 Sims who had miles of personality.

I just learned to adapt to both and enjoy what each offered that I sort of felt was done better in each game. I don't think I would have liked any of them to be carbon copies of the others - as what is the point of buying all three games if they did not have differences. I do notice the things I play with most in each of the games are the things I felt they did better than the others or the things the others never had.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The reasons I bought all four bases and maybe some packs that interest me was because with each iteration I'm expecting them to behave more like humans. Humans are complex. To me, TS4 improved with human movements and movements flow more easily, however, their personalities are very one dimensional. Their emotions became a score card. How many times they were happy, sad, or angry etc. It plays like any other small game out there of how to manipulate a character to get a goal or next level about something needed to succeed. That isn't human behavior, that's keeping score.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It all depends on the AI and how it is programmed and there is no AI that is 100% accurate. AI is an complex system that may require tweaking here and there and unlike humans may react with some arkward emotions as they have to programmed when to show the appropriate emotion.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    It all depends on the AI and how it is programmed and there is no AI that is 100% accurate. AI is an complex system that may require tweaking here and there and unlike humans may react with some arkward emotions as they have to programmed when to show the appropriate emotion.

But TS4 Sims are happy as they walk over the dead. Happy even when the house is on fire. Happy when they walk past a $2 painting. Happy and want to be friends with enemies who just called their mama a llama. Happy when the spouse cheats right in front of them and desires to tell the other person a joke. :s
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

But TS4 Sims are happy as they walk over the dead. Happy even when the house is on fire. Happy when they walk past a $2 painting. Happy and want to be friends with enemies who just called their mama a llama. Happy when the spouse cheats right in front of them and desires to tell the other person a joke. :s

EA/Maxis do not tweak the systems often and as fast as some other developer's do and the same was the problem in previous versions. But believe me I know and why I can't play too long in this version. In some situations these smart Sims are dumb as an rock which has no intelligence.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Honestly, whims need a total overhaul. They should relate to the Sim's personality instead of relating to random objects around the house.