Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

stop giving us MORE 'stuff' and give us the stuff we had in earlier editions.

That Sims 4 STILL do not have things and effects that the previous 3 had is pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Never mind that if and when you DO add packs with those functions you'll probably make us pay hundreds for it. The gaming industry need you gone. you should have stayed with your sportsgames. You're no good at making proper games.

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,276 Member
    Not everyone wants things from previous games back in Sims 4. Vampires e.g are much better now.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    I like getting new stuff that hasn’t been in previous games. I want to play The Sims 4 not a cookie cutter version of a previous games.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think a nice balance between familiar (but updated and improved of course) and new ideas is the best idea.

This.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LaAstariaLaAstaria Posts: 17 Member
    Praise. Exactly what @annaliese39 here has said. New Sims games shouldn't be just like the previous versions before. However, we should at least get the necessities and what is needed NOW. And a huge group of people who play Sims are asking for objects/actions that were made before. In a way, that should be their priority because the game should be more advanced by now instead of STILL asking for these little details, (like more advanced terrain tools would be nice). At the same time, they should also be focusing on future ideas for the game that we haven't seen before. I don't know about you all, but I don't want to play a replica of the same game, but I do want what's actually needed for game-play.
    •| Nature always wears the colors of the spirit |•
    --~♥~--
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,888 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don’t get why we still don’t have cars.
    Ok, it’s not an open world but we could still have them, and have the sims get in and drive a little before the loading screen.

Also what would be nice is being able to have car interactions : wash the car, fix the car etc
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    Not everyone wants things from previous games back in Sims 4. Vampires e.g are much better now.
    Not everyone thinks they are much better now. They’re better where it comes to things they can learn, but they’re still Sims 4 sims, lacking where it comes to personality. And as for the e.g., the only other example I can come up with are toddlers.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    Elfseeker wrote: »
    That Sims 4 STILL do not have things and effects that the previous 3 had is pretty plum. Never mind that if and when you DO add packs with those functions you'll probably make us pay hundreds for it. The gaming industry need you gone. you should have stayed with your sportsgames. You're no good at making proper games.

Can't really give you familiar game features or objects if you want the franchise gone? :* ???

I'd like a balance between things we've had and newer stuff. Don't see why we can't have both?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm pretty sure if you wanted, say, an university pack you won't have to pay "hundreds" for it, just the lifelong normal $40 or regional equivalent or less if you wait for discounts of course.

And I'll have to disagree with your premise. I do not want them to just stop giving us anything remotely new and just rehashing the same content from previous iterations. I've played enough of those things in TS2 & TS3, I don't want more rehashes. It kind of worked in TS3 sometimes because the whole open world was an entirely new way of playing the game, but on this one? Nah. Sure, some things I'd like revamped and some things from previous iterations I'd like to see remade here, but for the most part I'm yearning for new additions to this franchise. I'd definitely stop playing if TS5 came out and once again I had to wait to buy a seasons EP, a pets EP, an active career's EP, a university EP, supernaturals EPs/GPs, etc. with little to no innovation. No thanks, I think after what, 15+ years of toying around with those concepts they lose their magic for me in the next sequel.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    i fully disagree i like getting new stuff in the sims4 even if its stuff i will not like if its content i dislike i just do not use it like for exemple i would like something never before seen in the sims4 in term of vacations sure i went hotel resort with beachs and option for my sims to buy a house with there own private beach to send them on vacation but in term of new stuff would love to see cruise vacations for or sims we play or sims who have arrive on the cruise ship they have there asign cabin thats also made for family where they visit ports of calls taking notes on there cell phone if they went to retrun there as a vacation sitting and lounging around on the pool deck with the drink of the day
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I think a nice balance between familiar (but updated and improved of course) and new ideas is the best idea.

I agree 100%...
    While it's really nice to see new versions of older content return. It's much more exciting to see something completely new added to the franchise. :smile:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok, it’s not an open world but we could still have them, and have the sims get in and drive a little before the loading screen.

Also what would be nice is being able to have car interactions : wash the car, fix the car etc

TS 2 wasn't open world, yet we still had cars/trucks/vans/helicopters (beautiful interior detail on the choppers, btw) that did just what is mentioned above in terms of use before loading screens. We had one car type that could be restored and driven, with some often amusing animations in the process. Like the idea of the added interactions.
  • Options

TS 2 wasn't open world, yet we still had cars/trucks/vans/helicopters (beautiful interior detail on the choppers, btw) that did just what is mentioned above in terms of use before loading screens. We had one car type that could be restored and driven, with some often amusing animations in the process. Like the idea of the added interactions.

In my humble opinion TS2 had the absolute best vehicles as a whole; proper animations, quirky interactions with them like installing alarms and woohoo, proper pathfinding out and inside garages. When TS3 was announced with open worlds I was extremely excited to see the same concept but improved on an actual seamless open world but nope. Dreams shattered, just objects that you stick in and out your pocket and teleport inside. Then TS4 comes and I'm thinking hell, I don't like to go back to closed worlds, perhaps I'll get to see transportation in its glory again. Hah, I thought the pocket teleporting vehicles in TS3 were bad, how about just...no vehicles at all. I quite honestly felt trolled.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't want things exactly as they were in previous version. I want an upgrade on the past, with some new ideas included.
    Vampires are the best example of where they've done it right.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »

In my humble opinion TS2 had the absolute best vehicles as a whole; proper animations, quirky interactions with them like installing alarms and woohoo, proper pathfinding out and inside garages. When TS3 was announced with open worlds I was extremely excited to see the same concept but improved on an actual seamless open world but nope. Dreams shattered, just objects that you stick in and out your pocket and teleport inside. Then TS4 comes and I'm thinking hell, I don't like to go back to closed worlds, perhaps I'll get to see transportation in its glory again. Hah, I thought the pocket teleporting vehicles in TS3 were bad, how about just...no vehicles at all. I quite honestly felt trolled.

Your sim's vehicle only teleports into their inventory if there is no parking in the lot they go to. You can always edit a lot to add parking spaces and voila! - your sim's vehicle will be parked properly in the lot just as you wanted. I agree though, it would have been nice if they added animations for sims entering and exiting their cars. But given that the Sims 3 has so much other gameplay in it otherwise, I can forgive them this.

What I'm hoping is that TS5 combines the features from both TS2 and TS3 vehicles in a fully open world. And also bring back the other forms of transportation, from both such as the helicopter from TS2 and horses and boats from TS3, and hopefully add new ones such as hang-gliding, proper air balloons and parachuting (transportation through air).
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well with TS4 they have really stretched out the content over the years. Slow development, engine barriers and just plain greed lead to this game being half finished in the time TS2 and TS3 already were finished.

Everyone is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on "I don't want the same content" but they do. They want Seasons and Pets, and University and Vacations..... I think that you really can't escape making certain themes ever because those things will always be part of life and the sims is a life simulator after all. It just so happens that EA sliced and diced themes and dlc's. The vacation places on GP's for example. Both offer far less content than WA or Bon Voyage. It's not to say they won't make another Vacations EP but we would be seeing an 80€ price point for all vacation spots.

TS4 to me has just handled content in a different way, a way I don't totally like. And while I want new things, I want the "basics" too. And as a sequel, because that's what TS4 is, there's not a lot of sequeling around. They took too long delivering the basics, somethings to me still don't make sense to be missing from the Base itself, which is in itself super derived of content, a base that launched without family trees and other very crucial things.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Well with TS4 they have really stretched out the content over the years. Slow development, engine barriers and just plain greed lead to this game being half finished in the time TS2 and TS3 already were finished.

Everyone is plum on "I don't want the same content" but they do. They want Seasons and Pets, and University and Vacations..... I think that you really can't escape making certain themes ever because those things will always be part of life and the sims is a life simulator after all. It just so happens that EA sliced and diced themes and dlc's. The vacation places on GP's for example. Both offer far less content than WA or Bon Voyage. It's not to say they won't make another Vacations EP but we would be seeing an 80€ price point for all vacation spots.

TS4 to me has just handled content in a different way, a way I don't totally like. And while I want new things, I want the "basics" too. And as a sequel, because that's what TS4 is, there's not a lot of sequeling around. They took too long delivering the basics, somethings to me still don't make sense to be missing from the Base itself, which is in itself super derived of content, a base that launched without family trees and other very crucial things.

Agreed.

Even on the subreddit, this post sat highest rated, and has a 95% upvote rate. People do want repeated themes, myself included, but we also want them expanded and improved upon with each iteration.

There is a caveat to repeated themes with The Sims 4, though. The Sims 3 would repeat themes, however, it would massively update/change them, with the open world creating a whole new way to play the theme (e.g manually controlling pets, exploring the open world with them, horses, etc.). The Sims 4's base game lacking innovation and "main feature" broken emotion system really isn't enough to expand gameplay, which is why some end up disappointed.

I know, for myself, I was glad at having seasons, and still think it's the best TS4 pack. However, I still think it was no match for TS3's updated seasons pack from TS2. We had more weather effects (such as varying levels of fog), I felt like there was more content than TS4 provided, and the quality was better, too. In TS4, try having a snowball fight. It looks terrible, and makes me wonder if they had the Laundry Day animators work on it (laundry animations are awful).
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Drive where? On what roads?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

True, there’s really little to no room for them now in TS4. But this was, yet another, MASSIVE oversight of the developers, open world or not. If you recall during TS3’s forum days, cars with animations and interactions like TS2 were one of the most requested features.

I really miss cars in The Sims. Sims 3 had the best looking cars, and I loved customizing them with CASt, spending all of my Sim’s money on the high end ones, downloading car CC, etc. Sims 4 definitely could have supported those TS2 animations, brought new features like car washes, and allowed us to customize them far more than ever before.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, Newcrest, Forgotten Hollow, Del Sol Valley (one district conflicts), Windenburg (some exceptions), Strangerville, Brindleton Bay have roads. In some areas like Brindleton Bay's coastal neighborhood the road outside is labeled as out of boundaries but that can be modified to allow for car pathfinding and animation.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

True, there’s really little to no room for them now in TS4. But this was, yet another, MASSIVE oversight of the developers, open world or not. If you recall during TS3’s forum days, cars with animations and interactions like TS2 were one of the most requested features.

I really miss cars in The Sims. Sims 3 had the best looking cars, and I loved customizing them with CASt, spending all of my Sim’s money on the high end ones, downloading car CC, etc. Sims 4 definitely could have supported those TS2 animations, brought new features like car washes, and allowed us to customize them far more than ever before.

Well the devs made it pretty clear that the cost of making those animations in Sims 2 - they could not rectify for Sims 3 - nor the massive amount of time they took to get it right. Even in Sims 2 they were not always right as Sims frequently got stuck in the cars in their own drive-ways because of the way the animations were over-lapped in the one vehicle. So they had considered it when they were making Sims 3 and all it involved - knowing it would take all their ep animation time and budget just to recreate Sims 2 cars in the open world Sims 3- and decided instead to go with the teleport style instead. They made it pretty clear it was just too costly to do that again - so they stayed away from it.

Eventually the store team did recreate a lot of that animation in a Sims 3 store world, but the cars were seriously limited greatly even for them to do one car - so expecting the Sims 2 animation in Sims 4 - well knowing animation of that type is neither any cheaper to make or less time consuming - I really don't see it happening - especially if that took the entire budget in an ep to do it. I am fairly certain what they said before is no different than now - in fact I would think even less likely now as the game does not even include anything in it to even add usable cars never mind Sims 2 style.

Actually I don't even remotely see cars period - so anything else to do with them is very doubtful to me.

I think if they had any intention on cars at all - we'd never have gotten fx roads etc, as they were not likely to remove all that and both cannot occupy the same space. Lots would be bigger to accommodate vehicles as well, and every thing else involve and sidewalks would not be raised or have raised meridians in the center of road areas. Most of all it would have been programming for car in the game from the start when they built the base game. Even Sims 2 had actual roads in it when it came out.

(Sims 2 came complete with a full road system with usable cars in the base in the form of car pools and buses - The Sims City 4 programming was part of the map. Going in and out of cars and traveling to places was in the base game programming for same. None of that is in Sims 4 - never mind usable roads.)
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2019

Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, Newcrest, Forgotten Hollow, Del Sol Valley (one district conflicts), Windenburg (some exceptions), Strangerville, Brindleton Bay have roads. In some areas like Brindleton Bay's coastal neighborhood the road outside is labeled as out of boundaries but that can be modified to allow for car pathfinding and animation.

No that is fx paths and not even remotely a road system. Sims cannot occupy fx space. It only looks like roads but check the programming - fx all the way FX goes right through the sims.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2019

No that is fx paths and not even remotely a road system. Sims cannot occupy fx space. It only looks like roads but check the programming - fx all the way FX goes right through the sims.

That just needs a change in how the environment is treated as far as common areas go or in this case, roads. That's why I said that the roads are there. Same way how sims pathing works to cross the street, or how in DSV they can actually be on the street. What is lacking is a basic pathfinding system on them. You can grab an FX object and make it "solid" and bind it to the allowable common areas then structure basic 2 way pathfinding and of course, pathfinding into a lot which is a bit more complex. But in this case the object is already there and solid, just missing that structure to interact with the world. Since the world system in TS4 is unlike TS2 or TS3, you don't need a full road system, you just need to allow X object to pathfind through the solid mesh.

The only thing that would be time and resource intensive is the animations.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

That just needs a change in how the environment is treated as far as common areas go or in this case, roads. That's why I said that the roads are there. Same way how sims pathing works to cross the street, or how in DSV they can actually be on the street. What is lacking is a basic pathfinding system on them. You can grab an FX object and make it "solid" and bind it to the allowable common areas then structure basic 2 way pathfinding and of course, pathfinding into a lot which is a bit more complex. But in this case the object is already there and solid, just missing that structure to interact with the world. Since the world system in TS4 is unlike TS2 or TS3, you don't need a full road system, you just need to allow X object to pathfind through the solid mesh.

The only thing that would be time and resource intensive is the animations.

It's not that simple. It needs serious restructuring from the ground up for one thing. Don't forget Sims 4 also does not have a specific map system - among other things. Time is something the devs do not have an abundance of and they have made a point in the near past of mentioning they would rather spend time starting from scratch than trying to redo whats already been done in this particular game.

Frankly I would be totally shocked if EA even approached the idea of them doing such a thing - but you never know I guess. All we can really do is wait and see - but I honestly would be surprised if it happens as you think it can.

I actually love travel in Sims 3 - so believe me if there was an easy way I'd love to see it happen. I just don't see it happening in this particular game that easily. Heck I want the hoovercraft back even and jet packs - I loved those in Sims 3.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    What I want them to do :
    1. Fix the personalities (Memory, zodiacs, favorites, likes/dislikes on activities/ chemestry system, better relations/reactions, fix emotions)
    2. Improved babies, children, teens, elders
    3. Cars
    4. NPC's (social service, burglars, firefighters etc)
    5. Spiral staircases, L-shaped, U-shaped
    6. Bunkbeds

And then EA you can make whatever you want I'll be happy & buy it even with a headband on the eyes.
    Lu4ERme.gif