Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How important is Woohoo to your Sims daily play?

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Depends the Sims I play. My single Sims don't get often the chance to woohoo :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I have mods. They do what they like autonomously, sry don't know how to spell that word. If they don't woohoo they get tense so I sometimes make them do it so they calm down lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I tend to forget about woohoo.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like making storylines that are as dramatic as possible without being too much like a soap opera, so yes, it's pretty important.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2019
    I play with vampires most often, and among the lore selection that comprises my ruleset is that vampires are undead and therefore incapable of woohoo reproduction, or even "woohoo" for that matter. So, not very important at all.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    i use mcc with risky woohoo on so i dont make my sims do that unless im planning on having another kid. but sometimes they do it on their own and have a whoopsie baby! i love surprises. i try to make my game more random and less 'manufactured'. it feels more natural that way. and sometimes my sims are just so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in love with each other i cant resist. they woohoo all the time. it really depends on the family im playing i guess
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I play with vampires most often, and among the lore selection that comprises my ruleset is that vampires are undead and therefore incapable of woohoo reproduction, or even "woohoo" for that matter. So, not very important at all.

Interesting! Especially since there seems to be a whole subsection of the entertainment industry based on the woohooability of vampires.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Interesting! Especially since there seems to be a whole subsection of the entertainment industry based on the woohooability of vampires.

There are lots of different rules for vampires, and everyone has the ability to choose and pick. I hold that sunlight is deadly to vampires, but have them be untroubled by running water. My vampires are able to compel the minds of others to make them seem like the most attractive and wonderful person in the world, but are incapable of woohoo. They are repelled by religious artifacts and objects used by people of "true faith" but walk right past garlic cloves. Etc.

All vampire fiction uses an inherently homebrew set of rules. That's by necessity, given just how many rules there are.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I need it so they can breed :blush: I like big families.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,486 Member
    To try for kids and if I’m very lazy to have them play video games or socialize to raise their “fun” and “social”. Also if it adds to my sims story, but that’s all
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    My current Sim was living alone for a while, and now he's taking care of his alien daughter. So he doesn't get out much, let alone do romantic interactions. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    I tend to play my core Values. I'm also a Hopeless Romantic. I make sure to have my Sims marry prior to woohoo (yeah, Granny is a fuddy-duddy). I do have my game on full autonomy, and it's nice to see my married couples interact romantically, all on their own. I do direct them to woohoo when it's time in my plot for them to have another child. But, for the most part I don't focus on it. I have my Sims (when they're dating) be romantic, but it can get awkward if it gets too flirty. I noticed this when my pair of teens were interacting. He got all flirty and it suggested their conversation was awkward. Of course they were at her parent's house … I switched control to his next younger brother because he's my Rising Star and he needed to work on that. Eventually the older brother will marry his girlfriend, that's in the stars, or the plot. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Quite important, especially when it comes to certain families I play. With the help of certain mods, new insights into my sims' backstories starting popping up and made them more interesting. Plus, there have been times Ive found sims that were randomly pregnant or already had a child without me realizing it, (sometimes the father wasnt the pregnant sim's SO >.> ) despite me not having any immediate plans for a family. Makes for interesting drama.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Its great for family play, plus you can get new sims out of it. It also increases social and fun for both sims to 100% at same time. Also if you do it in the rocketship other sims watching the launch get a little something extra to see.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Woohoo to increase social need and fun in one go.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I would say that it isn't that important to me, when I have a couple together, I usually don't randomly make them woohoo. If there is a want for it, I might have them woohoo, or if I want them to have a child, or if I want some drama, I will have one of them have a affair. Otherwise, I am too busy trying to get them promoted in their jobs and all that to make woohoo a big part of my game.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Actually, its more than that, can increase fun, social to 100% also increase friendship and romatic relationships all at the same time, can make other romatic interests jealous, but there is a fix for that french benefits or friends with benefits can be activated by getting your sims to romatic interest 1/3 of the way and declearing boyfriend girlfrind, than declare just friends, now the romatic bar should turn purple and you can be friends, and perhaps a little extra perks.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I have two uses for woohoo: babies and filling up the fun need. other than that it really doesn't come in to play haha
  • Options
    scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    It depends on the kind of Sim I'm playing. Since I'm currently playing rotationally, there are a selection of different personality types that would lead to frequent woohooing or none at all. In regards to this part of the gameplay alone, I have a character who loves to get around and another who's ace and might not even date, and then everything in between.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 965 Member
    It's the fastest way to max out a fun bar, so if I have sims in the house who have a romantic relationship, I'll just have them max out their bars that way.
  • Options
    mlmeadowsmlmeadows Posts: 13 New Member
    I try to consider the personality of my individual Sim. If they are social or more of a romantic nature then, yes, woohoo is part of my Sims' everyday life. (Or at least a couple times a week, I try to stay realistic.)
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    My Sims will occasionally Woohoo without my telling them to, but usually I make it happen. It's nice for them to spend time with their spouse after a long day.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2019
    Unless my Sims (or with a mods help) woohoo autonomously, there is never any "just woohooing because". There is only Try for baby, because I'm a family player. :)

However, I will say that I've been fiddling around with MC Commands settings and now have my game where if they *do* woohoo autonomously, there is a chance they can get pregnant from just a regular woohoo. I like the surprise of a natural birth instead of "hey, go try for a baby already!" this makes my legacy families more enjoyable, because sometimes, it's a full house, and I've adjusted the household to 10 members (to allow some Pets to be in the household and not take up Sims household space due to the 8 limit) :)

And then .. they're expecting. Makes the game more challenging when there's a lot of Sims to take care of and I love it :D!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I just like it because I like to see my Sims's facial expressions before Woohoo, like the hot tub Woohoo for example.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't completely understand the premise of this thread. :p

But! If there was a chemistry/attraction system in the game I'd probably play around with dating and relationships more. It's was really fun in TS1, TS2 and in TS3. I used to play around with romance in TS4's beginning but it got old a bit fast.

In TS4 it's wayyy too easy. I have had sims met and marry all in the same day in TS4. You couldn't do that in TS1 and TS2 due to the long term relationship bar. It's was actually impossible to do that, unless you did a relationship spell or used a potion. But even without that in TS3 I would find it harder than what it is on TS4. Simply because in TS4 anything goes. In past games hugging someone with a low relashionship status would result refusal. Even certain interactions that weren't on par with the other sim's traits would be refused. That doesn't happen in TS4, evil sims love being hugged to pieces it just doesn't make any sense. And since doing flirty interactions quickly results in both sims getting very flirty very fast, it's harder to get sims to refuse advances because of bad emotions rather than the opposite.

But the fact that it was hard in past games made it all much more challenging and enjoyable. Sims also used to have wishes to get a partner, or get married or have kids, especially family oriented sims/with the family aspiration, which helped with the narrative of doing those things, as I always liked doing what my sim wants. But in this game those whims don't exist.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1