Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How important is Woohoo to your Sims daily play?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
To be clear, "woohooing" is obviously apart of the Sims series and should always be apart of it.

What I'm curious how important woohoo is to other simmers daily play, like are your sims woohooing every time you play?

In my last game, I created two sims with the goal of becoming astronauts as best friends. This goal became harder to achieve when they started forming relationships with others and kept getting er "woohoo" calls. So I reloaded a save to focus on my original goal and started over with mild social interaction between them. They both became astronauts, traveled to other worlds, expanded into science and had some pretty amazing collections of oddities between them.

Before I got to that point though, I threw in some woohoo between them and that quickly followed with more woohooing, then try for baby. Then family time aka dealing with kids. Then more woohooing. Then sexy neighbors moving in. Then drama. And so much woohoo'n....

Then a reload, dialing back time once again...

They both died single (literally within days of each other) but best friends.

It made me realize in some ways woohoo can either become directly or indirectly a big part of the game when you use it, or when you completely avoid it. Like creating a single a single sim with the goal to become a chef or simply cooking all the recipes in-game, or a doctor mostly focused on hospital play.

Which in turn made me wonder how important, or effects woohoo has on others gameplay!
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

How important is Woohoo to your Sims daily play? 226 votes

Very important! Sims are constantly woohooing when I play.
8% 20 votes
Important, my Sims don't actively seek it out but happens (a lot) when I play.
22% 51 votes
I play focused on my sims careers, skills or goals. Some woohoo or none at all.
24% 55 votes
I prefer to build, get achievements or focus on non-wohoo related gameplay.
5% 12 votes
Depends on my mood, its there when I need it. Kinda all of the above, but not.
30% 70 votes
None of the above or other (pls share what other is lol).
7% 17 votes
I literally bought this game because of mods and couldn't play it without my sims woohooing.
0% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am a family player. While that interaction can be important to keep a romantic relationship, as it may be for some IRL, it is used sparingly.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I also made this poll anonymous
    I am a family player. While that interaction can be important to keep a romantic relationship, as it may be for some IRL, it is used sparingly.

Originally "depends on mood..." was "depends on mood, its there when I need it or to expand families." but I felt like that was two different options...maybe I should have left it though.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sometimes, no that important in TS for me. 😂😂
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    Its not that important to me, I only use it when my sims are flirty because then they get xtra flirty
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2019
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Originally "depends on mood..." was "depends on mood, its there when I need it or to expand families." but I felt like that was two different options...maybe I should have left it though.

But it does not depend on my mood. With the emotion system in Sims 4, it can depend their "moods." The storyline I create is spur of the moment and only sometimes based on Whims.
  • Options
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

But it does not depend on my mood. With the emotion system in Sims 4, it can depend their "moods." The storyline I create is spur of the moment and only sometimes based on Whims.

Hence two different options lol, guess I made the right call!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    It happens quite a bit, I mean sims need to let loose and have fun every once in a while. :D I use it a lot just because it raises their fun and social needs. Also I really miss the shower woohoo. ;):D
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I play families and mostly use it for baby creation or two increase romance between husband and wife. I'm doing 100 baby challenge so for now it gets used a lot haha
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I strictly use it for procreation lol. Joking. It makes the sims happy so I let them do it. I also enjoy having options of where they do it. Shower and car woohoo would be nice to have again.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,053 Member
    First of all, cute avatar.

Second, I don't really use it much outside of stories and immersion. The relationship bonuses don't mean much to me, since relationships are super easy to cultivate in this game. So I mostly use it for stories - the young and unmarried couple like to WooHoo a lot, the old married could will WooHoo when they want to celebrate something or have a baby. One sim might like to WooHo anyone he can. I prefer to focus on skill-building and careers, but WooHooing can be integral to shaping my sims' personalities and lifestyles.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I generally only make them Woo-hoo when they roll the whim for it. Some of my couples use it to quickly boost fun and social for both parties at the same time (*cough cough* Pancakes) and I actually find myself looking the other way because, well, some of those couples are actually repulsive (again *cough cough* Pancakes).

Um, one time I had Bella and Mortimer do it in the closet with the drone running. Bella got a lot of new viewers.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2019
    It does depend upon my mood, but I also have sims who's basic purpose is to woohoo with as many other sims as they can seduce. I also use woohoo with couples for fun. It's the quickest way to build both fun and social and then get back to the children (namely toddlers), skilling, tending house, as well as hobbies and whatever they have that passes for a social life.

Edited to say, I'm finding it interesting how many simmers couples don't woohoo all that frequently. I kind of see that as a death knell for a couple. For some of my couples that's about the only thing they have in common (which usually means affairs on both sides are on the way).
    Post edited by ShadyLady89 on
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    WooHoo happens quite a lot in my games, whether I made it happen or not :smirk:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Usually for reproducing and/or get Sims “fun” bar up. Sims get stressed and tense so easily (especially couples with kids), it’s one of the easiest ways to knock out two birds with one stone.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm a family player/legacy player so my sims games couldn't survive without it. I don't make it the main part of my play time or anything but into every legacy a little woohoo must fall :) Also, its an excellent way to increase the fun motive when your sims are low there.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    so unimportant rather have the full family made in cas from the start and if i went my sims to have a new family member then i go for adoption
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I'm a family player but I use the woohoo option sparingly. I really only use it when my sims are ready to have a child or after they do couple related stuff (go on a date, wedding, honeymoon, etc). Sometimes it depends on the sim too.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I use it when a Sim has low fun or social, because it'll bounce those right back up to green.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    My sims have very happy, very "active" relationships. c;
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I use it all the time!!! It’s part of my sims lives..lol
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    This makes my skin crawl lol. My sims are like my dolls, I woohoo to reproduce in sims and occasionally if it fits in a story but I don’t really think about it...so thinking about my dolls woohooing is making feel like a creep. :#
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    It depends on the sims I play. If its a romantic young couple, I'm more likely to get them to woohoo frequently. Occasionally I'll do it with a couple to quickly get fun up, but, I tend to enjoy my gameplay focusing on careers, challenges, building and rags-to-riches style. On a general basis, I don't often have the thought to make them randomly woohoo. I do however have MCCC installed and I have enabled autonomous woohooing.

Oh, and, I'm just not going to talk about my 100 baby challenge save...
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Depends on what I'm doing and my sims' moods, mostly. It's not, like, a focus for me but it's certainly something my sims do for reasons other than babymaking or putting their fun motive back into the green.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    I try to keep my game as woohoo-free as possible, mainly because I'm already forced to see it everywhere I look in real life, whether I want to or not. It can be a useful gameplay mechanic, because as others have said, it raises several needs at once, and of course comes in handy for producing offspring. But since I only play with couples and young parents once in a blue moon, I don't need it very often.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    My sims woohoo yes, but whether they do it mostly depends on where their stories are heading. Established couples can occasionally woohoo just to fill needs but usually it's more of a RPG thing - would this character woohoo now. It can also happen because they rolled a whim.