Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Weird People in Strangerville Travel to Other Worlds?

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
I just want to ask if the weird people in Strangerville can travel to other world in The Sims 4 like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Windenburg, San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, Forgotten Hollow etc. ?

Edited title and post to remove potentially offensive word ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    The gurus said that they are contained to StrangerVille.
    I don't know what happens if a played sim gets infected and you take them with you to another world.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2019
    I haven't seen any weird people in Willow Creek yesterday, also... There were some SV residents walking around, but all normal.

Edited post to remove potentially offensive word.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think you as the player can of course send them around or bring what causes it to other areas. But you won't just see them unless you do something to make it happen.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Whew!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    But what if you infect a non-Strangerville sim?

I’m asking.. for a friend! Yeah, for a friend!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @AriaMad2
    If you are asking for a friend ... your umm friend should try it :D ..
    Yeah I don't know yet. I haven't left the world to play another except to go to the library once (since you can't read skill books at the Strangerville one)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @AriaMad2
    Yeah I don't know yet. I haven't left the world to play another except to go to the library once (since you can't read skill books at the Strangerville one)

I may or may not have given Eliza Pancakes the bizarre fruit-

I don’t see too much of a difference from her.

• Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    There are so many cool things to try out with this pack.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    edited March 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @AriaMad2

I may or may not have given Eliza Pancakes the bizarre fruit-

I don’t see too much of a difference from her.

Try inviting her around 1 am to a lot outside Strangerville and see what happens.

When my infected sim traveled to San Myshuno, the effect occured there just like it did in Strangerville. That was an actively controled played sim, though. Also his homelot at that time was in Strangerville.
  • Options
    I want to try having sims travel to other worlds and grow and eat the fruit there. Thing is it will pull me away from my stories that I'm loving... so no, no. I'll live vicariously here :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Istill took my sims to festivals, parties, and Karaoke bars while living in Strangerville and I honestly never saw any sims from there in these places up until my Sim defeated the mother. So I assume infected Sims can't leave Strangerville like we were told. Once you defeat the mother - the illness stops.

I have not tried planting these fruits in other towns. So I have no idea if they can be planted in those worlds or not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Thankfully, no... the weirdness is exclusively connected with Strangerville.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    The gurus said you'll get something funny if you give the fruit to the grim reaper... I want to know what happens.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The gurus said you'll get something funny if you give the fruit to the grim reaper... I want to know what happens.

Oddly I did not see the Grim Reaper in Strangerville when a couple Sims died during my battle with the mother plant. The Sim was just dead and then a bit later one just vanished. The other Sims who was the main character that ran that stand - I was offered a chance to have him resurrected by my other fighting Sim - I said yes - and he just got up and went back to shooting that gun. But no reaper ever appeared.

Maybe battles are exempt from the Grim Reaper and maybe they mean a sim dying when not in battle from something else. Maybe you see the Reaper then. Or maybe it is after the Mother is defeated and the town is just a normal town - then perhaps the Reaper comes in and does his normal during deaths.

I haven't had any death outside of those two during battle or since winning the battle yet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2019
    It's my understanding putting the plants in other towns will not work the same. Especially after you finish the story. They are null and void.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Yeah I even can't imagine the other worlds will be infected and have weird crippled citizens...
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    What if you purposely give a fruit to someone in another world?
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have a sim that lives in Oasis Springs, he went to StrangerVille and bought some bizarre fruit. He ate one and gave his 2 clones one. They all run around after midnight possessed and plant the fruits all over their neighbourhood. They do grow but only to the first stage and revert to a dirt mound on travelling or in the daytime. I have a couple in planters on the home lot and they act the same way as the ones outside.
    The mother has been defeated a long time before by his...mother.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Since I last posted here... I'm infecting folks in all the worlds by giving them the fruit while out in active careers and also out visiting and planting the fruit in gardens and community lots on my infected sims. It doesn't just spread on it's own and the infection won't spread on it's own... You the player have to make that happen. If you don't want it in other worlds it won't happen unless you put it there.
    The infected become possessed for some hours during the night.. and eating fruit will bring on a possession state. I did read from another player that a vampire can become infected by drinking of an infected sim. I haven't tried that.. but is pretty funny to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    What if you purposely give a fruit to someone in another world?
    It only affects that sim. (I did that to Eliza Pancakes and she’s doing okay)

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    My infected sims got possessed in the other world.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes, you can see weird sims in the other worlds. There was an infected sim stumbling around the studio lot when my sim was at an acting gig. However, I think it's only possible when a non-Strangerville sim gets infected. I don't recall seeing Strangerville sims in other worlds unless I invited them.
  • Options
    Csibeubi3Csibeubi3 Posts: 46 Member
    Yesterday the guy from StangerVille with the cowboy hat randomly came into my apartment in SanMyshuno without any invitation. He walked into the bathroom while my sim was sleeping and drank a glass of water from the sink. I quickly locked the bedroom door, because i was afraid of him. 😂😂😂 I think he has the infected trait, I mean that's why he was Posessed. But I have no idea why that happenned, because he never met my sim, and my sim never visited StrangerVille. And it was a completely new game I just started.
    20180613_230543.gif
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Last night one of the conspiracy theorists showed up at the Humor & Hijinks festival, and was acting weird, but not in the infected sort of way.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Csibeubi3 wrote: »
    Yesterday the guy from StangerVille with the cowboy hat randomly came into my apartment in SanMyshuno without any invitation. He walked into the bathroom while my sim was sleeping and drank a glass of water from the sink. I quickly locked the bedroom door, because i was afraid of him. 😂😂😂 I think he has the infected trait, I mean that's why he was Posessed. But I have no idea why that happenned, because he never met my sim, and my sim never visited StrangerVille. And it was a completely new game I just started.

I learned a long time a go to lock the front door in apartments, because sims are always barging in. Not sure where the developers live that that's normal or acceptable, I've lived in apartments all my adult life, and to walk into some random person's place & use their bathroom is unthinkable, you get arrested for stuff like that.
    Gallery ID: LDM2