Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What popular idea do you NOT want added to The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    #FreeTheBabies
    I absolutely do not want to free the babies. I like legacy play and watching a family change over generations, but I 100% cannot do babies and toddlers. I just can't. I want them to be less interactive, not more.

I could go without University and I'm very disinterested in Farming, but if they arrive, that's fine. Best to the players who want those things. I mean, even if the babies do get freed, good for those who'll get what they want. I'll be over here in the corner, aging babies up immediately upon birth.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    A combination of these // OTHER
    -Free the babies
    Weren't people complaining about the high chair situation? Cause I feel like this will be that again.

-Active School
    Why? School is pretty boring, all that would happen is Sit,Listen,leave

-Preteens
    Difference? Height? Being a little childish?

-Zombies
    Kinda like them, but I feel they would end up being plant eaters due to a certain reference
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Preteens, height sliders, active school or cars.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Zombies
    The "Zombies" in StrangerVille are already enough for me :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I want all of these in my game!
    I'm open to the game getting as much content as possible. It doesn't mean that I'd buy/use everything. Just because I don't like something, doesn't mean others can't have it. I'm not interested in University, but many others love it, so.

One thing I really don't want though, is another life stage like Pre-schoolers, tweens etc. I think they're an utter waste of resources. Rather spend that time improving the existing life stages.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    University
    i don't think there are any of these that i actively dislike, i'm just indifferent to them. (uni, active school, babies)
    university is probably the least appealing to me so i picked that one.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    #FreeTheBabies
    I can't really say I don't want any of these things - even if it's not for me, I'm sure others will enjoy it, and besides that, TS4 has already surprised me so many times with features I didn't think or know I wanted until I saw them implemented in the game. So, never say never. But if I have to pick one of the things from the poll that I don't want the developers to focus too much time on over other, more interesting features, I'll go with babies, and to explain why, I'll quote some people before me who said it perfectly:
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    There's already been too much energy, content, and time spent on including, attempting to improve, and/or add to the baby/toddler/kiddie stuff already in the game... in my humble opinion. It's time to put some of that energy into content for players who are not into creating families and all that that entails but want to also have fun with the franchise with content outside of the family-making realm.
    Vampris wrote: »
    -Free the babies
    Weren't people complaining about the high chair situation? Cause I feel like this will be that again.

One thing I definitely don't want in my game at all is story progression. Not even as an option, honestly, because there has to be just one bug causing the option to become active even though I switched it off, and my game will be ruined.
  • Options
    geekgirl483geekgirl483 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi all! I am speaking to EA right now, asking them about the marketing scheme, and how they advertise to us Simmers. I have specifically asked them about people feeling that they aren't being listened to. Is there anything you want me to ask?
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Zombies
    Hi all! I am speaking to EA right now, asking them about the marketing scheme, and how they advertise to us Simmers. I have specifically asked them about people feeling that they aren't being listened to. Is there anything you want me to ask?

Ask them if they can say why they prioritized Realistic stuff over more occults in past 2 years
  • Options
    > @SinaMegapolis said:
    > geekgirl483 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi all! I am speaking to EA right now, asking them about the marketing scheme, and how they advertise to us Simmers. I have specifically asked them about people feeling that they aren't being listened to. Is there anything you want me to ask?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ask them if they can say why they prioritized Realistic stuff over more occults in past 2 years

I can do that :) I want to get my complaints out to them so if anyone else has any complaints leave them here!
  • Options
    Zombies
    I can do that :) I want to get my complaints out to them so if anyone else has any complaints leave them here!
    Also ask them if they know anything about how future pack themes are chosen
  • Options
    > @SinaMegapolis said:
    > geekgirl483 wrote: »
    >
    > I can do that :) I want to get my complaints out to them so if anyone else has any complaints leave them here!
    >
    >
    >
    > Also ask them if they know anything about how future pack themes are chosen

Will do! :)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Zombies
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    I don’t care for the occult, so I don’t want witches, werewolves, or zombies. But yes to everything else.

I feel the same.
  • Options
    HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    Active school mode (i.e. going to school with your Sim)
    I do not want to see babies or any more toddler stuff (too much already), no zombies (they were a nuisance in Sims 3, prevented immersion), no active school mode (sounds nice but would get boring in one day.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Wow you guys, this has kind of opened my eyes a little bit more - I still would probably refrain from actively using things I don't like in the game if they were to come, but that does not mean other people shouldn't have them. Everyone should be able to enjoy their games with the content they love, and if we don't like some things, we don't buy/use if possible lol.

But I am definitely loving seeing all your thoughts!!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Island Theme
    Usually I'd Say "Witches" and reply with "Sorcerers" but I've made my point over a thousand times.

Now, I said Island Paradise, because I'm so sick of tropical themes.
    If we get a beach theme going on, I want something sort of like Brindleton Bay, but beach houses, but no Palm trees, Something North East Coast America, or Europe.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Zombies
    Wait, zombies are a popular idea? I thought Cars were still much more popular, that and CAW but that one's a dead horse that continues to be beaten.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I don't think Werewolves would add much content, and aren't Zombies really similar to what we just got in StrangerVille?

Though I don't care for witches, I understand that a lot of people do, so I wouldn't be upset if this pack was released.

I also don't understand what "going to school" would really add to the game? In school, you mainly just sit in your seat and listen to a lecture and/or do classwork. It doesn't seem very engaging. I WOULD like the ability to run daycares/preschools, though, because they're much different.
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member

Well, I love this game and don't mean to complain, but...

Can you please help out the builders? Can we get those stair options and walk-out-basements. I felt like that was hinted toward after the terrain update, but I haven't heard much more since then. I know a lot of people have asked for a plain white door. The door seems easy enough to implement, right? Just a basic recolor of the blue one. And can you also put in a good word for 2-story columns :)
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2019
    #FreeTheBabies
    I want babies to stay how they are. I don't want any other age groups, like pre-teen, added either. I'm just ready for TS4 to move away from familial themes and onto things I'm actually interested in.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    SilentSaphire21SilentSaphire21 Posts: 45 Member
    Witches
    i wouldnt really want zombies either ig but im all for #FREETHEBABIES!
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Wait, zombies are a popular idea? I thought Cars were still much more popular, that and CAW but that one's a dead horse that continues to be beaten.
    You know what, no they're not I'm not exactly sure why I added them... maybe I was just thinking about "occult" style life states in general :D good call.

Cars would definitely be up there if I'd thought of it instead of zombies :p

CAW though... I don't think that's gonna happen tbh. I'm honestly okay with that, but I know a lot of Simmers really really want that back.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I dunno, I can always just not buy the things I'm not interested in, and very few things are patched in these days. I probably wouldn't pay money for farming, but if others want to that's fine. I'm more interested in what would be patched in improvements to gameplay, like an option for story progression you could turn on, or an ability to turn certain packs on or off depending on the save.
  • Options
    Zombies
    ctthomas wrote: »
    I don't think Werewolves would add much content, and aren't Zombies really similar to what we just got in StrangerVille?

Though I don't care for witches, I understand that a lot of people do, so I wouldn't be upset if this pack was released.

I also don't understand what "going to school" would really add to the game? In school, you mainly just sit in your seat and listen to a lecture and/or do classwork. It doesn't seem very engaging. I WOULD like the ability to run daycares/preschools, though, because they're much different.

EAxis actually can make a werewolves GP that has enough interesting content but only on the condition that they go way out of the way and ambitiously make stuff only werewolf fans would expect like a full on Powers/Weaknesses tree, CAS options that are unlocked using the tree (Different fur shapes, color swatches for the fur, optional muzzle and furry pointy ears etc), Exclusive options when making a club using Get Together whom only members are all werewolves etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top