Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What popular idea do you NOT want added to The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    A combination of these // OTHER
    I'd like an island or a beach, but all the others I don't care for.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    #FreeTheBabies
    I don't really care much for babies and baby interactions in the game, so ...

However, it is not something I would mind seeing eventually as it does have a place in a life sim. Though I'd much rather have other things first given time is money.

Honestly, if they give me Witches/Magic, Werewolves and a Tropical Vacation pack with mermaids, underwater diving and swimming mechanics, then they can work on anything else for all I care.
    Post edited by SimsBro on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Witches
    storyy wrote: »
    Wow that must be nice! My loading screens take between 5 to 20 minutes! So we don't travel much haha. That being said that just tells me that an open-world would probably be way too slow on my computer and I'm thankful we don't have one. Once the game actually does load I have no issues playing with it and I don't get too much lag.

Really! Wow, I didn't know it could take so long for this game, honestly. In TS3 it would take me probably between 10-30 minutes to load up my game. I would load up a save and just... wait... or go do something else for a bit lol. But TS4 is almost seamless for me... I don't mind it at all! If I've been playing for a while sometimes I'll start lagging so I'll quit the game for a few minutes and boot it back up just fine. I hope one day you have a super speedy machine that can handle your games like it's nothing :)

Thanks! I would love that. As a single parent I can't afford to get one right now oh, but I am slowly saving because the laptop I have is starting to break at the back of it and when I have to replace it I would like to replace it with a better one.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Witches
    soko37 wrote: »
    storyy wrote: »
    Oh, another one that I just thought of - Open World! I never got the appeal of it - even the few times I did play Sims 3 I found it incredibly stressful if I ever had more than one person in a household.
    I was going to include open world, but I think it's been pretty firmly cemented by the devs that it won't happen for TS4. If they can figure out how to do an open world for "TS5" without it being as computer-intensive as TS3 then that's great. But I don't think it'll ever happen for this game... and I hope it doesn't! TS3 was almost not even enjoyable, especially as I installed more and more packs, because it ran so slowly. I'd much rather have smaller worlds, neighborhoods, and loading screens (that for me, take at MOST five full seconds).

Wow that must be nice! My loading screens take between 5 to 20 minutes! So we don't travel much haha. That being said that just tells me that an open-world would probably be way too slow on my computer and I'm thankful we don't have one. Once the game actually does load I have no issues playing with it and I don't get too much lag.

Oh no. I thought sims 4 was super compatible with lower end computers. My screens always take a few seconds. I didn't know people were experiencing these wait times. That would be awful.

It's all right! As long as the gameplay itself isn't lagging I don't mind. In fact I use it to my advantage hahaha! I set the game to load and then tell myself I have to clean or ride my exercise bike until the loading screen finishes :-) forces me to take a little break whenever I want to travel somewhere haha! And I have to say usually it is closer to only the 5-7 minutes than 20.. Just, you know, not always haha 😂. And when it is 20 I get even more done lol. I would really have a bigger problem with it if the game itself was lagging after I've managed to get into it. But yeah once I loaded up the game runs very smoothly
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Active school mode (i.e. going to school with your Sim)
    I'm not a fan of the idea of going to the school just to do day-to-day school stuff but I'd LOVE if we were able to partake in special events like:
    - Craft/Science Fair where you spend a week preparing for it then at the end of the week you present it and be able to win a ribbon.
    - School dances would be neat. You can ask another teen to be your date and take them to the school for homecoming or prom and are able to win king/queen. Maybe for the mischievous ones be able to sabotage the punch.
    - GRADUATION! I would love to be able to see my sims accept their diploma.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Zombies
    Zombies and werewolves, mostly. No thanks.
  • Options
    kathdelinekathdeline Posts: 38 Member
    Preteens. I don’t like playing with children.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Looking back, I probably should have just voted for the babies thing because it’d (and preteens) be the only thing I wouldn’t be able to avoid. Though having to deal with “no, I don’t want to follow child to school” thing would get on my nerves really fast. Maybe they could save active schools for a Private School game pack that I could just not buy or something.
  • Options
    ElfEnchantressElfEnchantress Posts: 11 New Member
    Zombies
    I would like the magic stuff to be added, but able to be disabled via the menu. university should definitely be added. It's honestly the last part of life missing from the game.
  • Options
    KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2019
    Island Theme
    I live near a beach and after a few years all I've learned to associate it with is tourists, traffic, and seagull poo. Not really interested in taking my sim to a place I don't care for. Plus I feel like I'd get bored after 5 minutes of watching my sim flop around in the ocean and send them home.
  • Options
    leavebellaaloneleavebellaalone Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm usually happy with any addition to the game, I really enjoy the game, and anything to make it more interesting I'm all for. These are just the things that I don't feel like I particularly want:
    Werewolves and Zombies - I don't play much with my occult sims.
    Free the babies - I think I would rather just have different bassinets/cribs for the babies. If they were free I don't think it would add to my personal game style in any way.
    Cars - There is no open world, so what would be the point?
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2019
    On this list, only University and and an Island theme appeal to me. I range from ugh no thanks to meh for the rest.
    Post edited by Drakos on
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Zombies
    I think that supernatural creatures need their own packs, like vampires. It can really be good if it's focus on one creature, and the players can choose what supernatural they want in the game. Me, for example, I'm really into witches, but fairies, werewolves, zombies is not my style.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I should have chose "combination".

I don't care about going to school with the kids, University, or freeing the babies. Not one bit.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Oh. And please Devs.....NO story progression! It would completely gut the save I've been building since this game came out.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Witches
    occult in genral is not my thing really
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Werewolves
    I voted for werewolves, but honestly I just don't care for any supernatural elements in The Sims games, it's not part of my playstyle.

But I know a lot of people like them, so I wouldn't be against it entirely. I just hope I can have the option to not have them in my game. The vampire game pack is a good example, since it's a pack entirely about vampires, so I can easily skip that one (even though a new world is always tempting to have).
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I don't really want to free the babies. I would like a little more of the stroller / carrier idea's used for the toddlers.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like to have voted "None of the above" because honestly? Just because I don't want <s>zombies</s> a particular pack concept doesn't mean there isn't a community of Simmers who do want it. I can just choose not to play something if I don't want it. They shouldn't not make it just for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Zombies
    Zombies. TS3 zombies kept messing up my garden.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I want all of these in my game!
    I want all of these in my game provided they were done well. I dislike how zombies and werewolves were done in TS3, it was annoying especially having to deal with zombies ripping up my garden every full moon, so it would be nice to have settings to fix how they behaved or to turn them off.

Even better would be if zombies were a thing witches could make or that could be made using the resurrection phone from TS2 and having it backfire due to low mood (I think it was TS2, it's been a real long time).

As for werewolves, I found them pretty boring in TS3. It didn't seem like they were thought out at all.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    I don't care for super naturals
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Witches
    I really dislike Ocult for some reason?
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    I'm absolutely not interested in:
    • University
    • Active school mode
    • #FreeTheBabies
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Super naturals
    Free the babies
    Teen height adjustment
    Additional life stages
    Height sliders
    Different clothing options for teens
    On-line playing
    Story driven packs like Strangerville
    Religion
    More woo hoo spots
    Vibrating bed

I'd rather that resources be spent on more fun activities for sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top