Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Having Issues Since The Patch?

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I am having an issue where my Sims go to cook food, they prepare but never finish so l have to throw the food away. I cannot say it's the patch 100% because this didn't happen until after my SIM hosted a dinner party. Has anyone noticed this in their game?

Yes, my sims abandon food preparation every now and then. This never happened before the patch.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    @suzanna13 @JadedJane @Simsister2004 and anyone else with this issue…

If you have MCCC you can click on the offending sim and choose MCCC -> Dresser -> Change Clothes from there you can click on their job outfit. It is a bit tedious, but it worked for me. You have to do it each time you load the jot however but a good temporary fix.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    As mentioned before I want the devs to fix the problem. I don't want any 3. party script mods in my game. I have enough trouble as it is, thanks.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Soooo... If I don't use the gallery, can I keep UI cheats??
    I had no idea there was an issue, I haven't checked the gallery lately. At least until theres a fix?
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I had no idea there was an issue, I haven't checked the gallery lately. At least until theres a fix?

UI cheats have been updated, though I have not checked the gallery after
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

UI cheats have been updated, though I have not checked the gallery after

Good to know, thank you!!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I am having an issue where my Sims go to cook food, they prepare but never finish so l have to throw the food away. I cannot say it's the patch 100% because this didn't happen until after my SIM hosted a dinner party. Has anyone noticed this in their game?

I haven't downloaded the new patch yet, but I've had an issue like this for a while now. It's usually because they decide in the middle of preparation that they want to go read a book - they seem to be obsessed with the bookshelf!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    My science career is messed up. One guy wearing only a towel and shoes, one in a Halloween costume and one in formal wear. Nothing lab related except my own sim. I quit without saving. Guess I will be building for a while. I hope they fix it. Makes me mad I didn't have any of the issues they fixed and now this. I have no mods.

I wonder if this is because they are trying to wear the new science clothes that come with the new Game Pack but they cannot find it so they just wear anything to make up for it.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    My science career is messed up. One guy wearing only a towel and shoes, one in a Halloween costume and one in formal wear. Nothing lab related except my own sim. I quit without saving. Guess I will be building for a while. I hope they fix it. Makes me mad I didn't have any of the issues they fixed and now this. I have no mods.

I wonder if this is because they are trying to wear the new science clothes that come with the new Game Pack but they cannot find it so they just wear anything to make up for it.

Spot on, the game references a "StrangerVilleScienceOutfit" (forgot how it's actually called in the code) instead of the proper outfit for the career.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Since the patch, my sim wont go to work. I've tried resetting my sim but it doesn't work.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    Since the patch, my sim wont go to work. I've tried resetting my sim but it doesn't work.

Have you taken out your mods? See if that helps and then add them back bit by bit to see what mod is doing it.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I have problem with first person camera mod. The focus point is nowhere to see.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Should I update or wait for these bugs to get fixed? (Yep, I have Patch Anxiety™️ again)

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Unless they are game-breaking to you, go ahead and update - most of the mods have already updated, if you use them.
  • Options
    Unless they are game-breaking to you, go ahead and update - most of the mods have already updated, if you use them.

Not to worry, I don’t use mods and the bugs aren’t game breaking to me. I’ll update after my hair appointment and see how everything runs on a test save.

• Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Just a reminder folks that bug reporting has moved to the Sims 4 AHQ

If you need to post a bug or look for whether a bug you've found has already been reported you can go there and check.
  • Options
    I just did the update and checked my game; is it normal that Strangerville doesn’t show up yet?

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I just did the update and checked my game; is it normal that Strangerville doesn’t show up yet?

Yes, it won't show up until release time, whatever that is for you in your part of the world. In the UK it's 6pm; CET it's 7pm.
  • Options
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

Yes, it won't show up until release time, whatever that is for you in your part of the world. In the UK it's 6pm; CET it's 7pm.

It’ll be 4:30 AM for me. It’s a shame; I was hoping to stay up for that!

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I seem to have the flower plants growing around the romance festival which I though was fixed in a previous patch. Now I do have my mods and CC back in. I thought I updated them all, but maybe missed one
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited February 2019
    What annoys me is despite them addressing the "bugs" we won't see a patch for nearly a month, for some bugs that are minor thats fine but I hate it when its a bug that effects the game on a wider aspect like dressing all the men in womens clothing or weird outfits that make no sense. This would be such an easy hotfix for EA to release but instead we have to wait another month because reasons.

I just bought Strangeville, but I guess I won't be playing it until the next patch is out now sigh...

It also annoys me when I hear people complaining about stuff like the food bugs above that have clearly been in the game for a while but still haven't been fixed.

This annoys me because everytime I come back to play the Sims 4, it always seems like they've created some new annoying bug that drives me away from the game that won't be fixed until the next patch in a months time. So then I never end up playing the game because I keep putting it off. I haven't played since november of last year now.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I seem to have the flower plants growing around the romance festival which I though was fixed in a previous patch. Now I do have my mods and CC back in. I thought I updated them all, but maybe missed one
    This also occurs in vanilla game.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Caylee1Caylee1 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @WildIrishBanshee said:

>
    > You can just enable it all in gameplay options. Not sure why you have to do it piece by piece? They always disable it when they patch. Always.

I've tried that. :( It's selected. :s
  • Options
    Caylee1Caylee1 Posts: 7 New Member
    It seems to me there are a lot of issues that have occurred as a result of this patch. While I am chuckling over some of them, I know how frustrating it can be. I come from a time when The Sims was a VERY VERY fragile program that tasked our PCs and frequently crashed them. I am totally surprised that they are still having probs such as these as I expected the Devs to have straightened these issues out. Live and learn I guess. 😒
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I can't put the cheats for skills in
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top