Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Future World Locations

It seems most of our current worlds are based in a North American setting. Sim Guru Grant has recently stated they are trying to work around the world in terms of how they design their worlds. So the question is:

Which continent would you like to see represented most in a future world?

And if you want to elaborate on the specifics such as region and culture I'd love to hear about it.

Future World Locations 307 votes

North America
5%
freindlylolcatloverplayerwhyaccessmariajane216ChadSims2nayruslove7simmerLellaTherainisniceaiexRedSunBluesThemrsg4422ListentoToppDoggDianesimssimms745Lady_Balloraainsnerdfashion 17 votes
South America
3%
Cynnasimgirl1010Bagoas77PinkSugar81yuppkatka_kynclovalexus20AgentJuliaAugustoPatricePattysM4tt4PlumbobMafiaQueen 12 votes
Europe
34%
KolbyGRIMMYalexspoom13aprilroseWedPlayerSinger2010MaryVannFunkymonkyiIrdiwenMariefoxprice83ANNETTE1951robyngravesIsa_MenezesloubyloulouVulorimarcel21NezImaniR0bertaHannaZojawrenstales 105 votes
Africa
12%
icmnfrshrudy8292IceyJkeekee53MawMawSjofnjaymancrazJennyggHimRumibevillesimmietimeDragonAge_300905CeCeDotjcp011c2troshalomsnikkipooLissyK9AlbaWaterhouseSavvySimmietexxx78 38 votes
Asia
25%
MLadyAzzeraWritin_RegAlrynnIsb917SimburianBrokenChaos69AlexizemoltaziaMINEZBluelleKaeChan2089KiaraSims4ModsdetermigBriel24taydevRamblineRoseLolli999Zeldaboy180ElenPinkGracieO312 79 votes
Australia
9%
neutralsidealan650111AnmirlaDJQ1308RoboSpongieisaiahzayLizzychicagomlmeadowsPlumbobCrossingpixiejuiceWalrus2096MoonfoxNightcryemyprice95jackjack_kVentusMattitskatylynnsixdeadqueensaleeeexxxpAshtontoAshton22SoapBubble 29 votes
Antarctica
8%
HejixjustChrisUkmcorralJnyxmock68SillySimKimzagboorulesGrandRailfullspiralmelicoxLittlBowBubadele_katEnkiSchmidtDiVicoAgustín CornejoFreezerBunnyCowplantFallenPrinceNZsimm3rSimplyobsessedCaityCupcakes10 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Europe
    Well before I start - just in case the gurus are reading - I'm really excited about StrangerVille. Can't wait to move my family in there!!!

Anyway, Selvadorada seems very South or Central American to me. We do not have an Asian world, but we already have SO MUCH Asian decor. If we got an Asian world, I think it would come with even more Asian objects, which I just don't think we need.

Yes, we do have Windenburg, but I think Windenburg is meant to represent Germany. There are so many other parts of Europe with unique styles that I feel could look really cool in game. For example, a Paris inspired world, Venice, or Greece!

This wasn't an option, but I would also LOVE to see a Middle-Eastern inspired world. With mosque-looking buildings. I'm not even sure if this would be possible but this

957877-old-medieval-middle-east-city-on-the-hill.jpg

would be really cool in game.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Australia
    Definitely Australia! All the beaches, the oceans, perfect for a beach vacation! Ocean swimming, sunburns and tans....so much fun!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Honestly, any place that would warrant a tropical vacation pack with beaches and possibly mermaids is good enough for one akin to Island Paradise.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Africa
    Africa only if they add dangerous animals sims need to be aware of...like hippos in the water, snakes, Elephants(getting too close), rhinos etc.

Australia was a close second for me
  • Options
    GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    Antarctica
    We have all these hot and temperate locations, I would like a really cold one for a change! Someplace where it snows 50% of the time and is rarely warm.
  • Options
    krstnationkrstnation Posts: 8 New Member
    wasn't an option — but i agree a middle eastern style world would be very cool! i think the architecture and middle eastern inspired decor would be really fun to build with
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Africa
    I don't think we've had an African-inspired world in this game. And in previous games, I'm not sure if there ever were any official ones. Admittedly, I know very little about African culture, but I'd be interested in having an African world in a future pack
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2019
    Antarctica
    Antarctica, because I do not really think (correct me if I am wrong) that such world has been in the Sims yet.
    Edit: Southern Europe was a close second for me (would love a Mediterranean inspired world).
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Europe
    I chose Europe. I regret that now because I think Antarctica would be awesome. Imagine constant snow and ice! Little snow bungalows!
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Asia
    I actually want all of these bc it’s to have a lot of diversity in worlds so that each one has a different experience but i would love to see an asian inspired world first with martial arts and lots of asian inspired foods dances etc would love if it had a culture skill like the one form jungle adventure it made the world much more interesting and different i would also love a world similiar to moonlight falls from ts3 i LOVED that world
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Africa
    I choose Africa but as such a diverse continent there is so much from there that could be chosen and still fit the them, from the Mediterranean basin, through the centre down to the southern tip. So many different ecologies, animals and art styles as well as diverse groups of people. I think that would be great.

Certainly something chilly would also be a great addition, so either of the artic areas, or the Siberian tundra. I would definitely like to see greater diversity. That said, I am also happy with a new desert world, having played very little in Oasis Springs originally, lately I have been enjoying it hugely so another warm, dry area is fantastic. I hate the rain and cold! :smiley:
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Asia
    50/50 between Asia and Europe. I'd especially like to see a Japanese inspired word, particularly because of the associated build and buy, but I've wanted a Mediterranean world since the start of the game too. A UK world would be pretty cool if we got university, but that's me being biased because I live in England (but it would be nice if with that would come the ability for semi detached and terraced homes, they're extremely popular here).
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Europe
    I really want france or italy!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Africa
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I choose Africa but as such a diverse continent there is so much from there that could be chosen and still fit the them, from the Mediterranean basin, through the centre down to the southern tip. So many different ecologies, animals and art styles as well as diverse groups of people. I think that would be great.

Certainly something chilly would also be a great addition, so either of the artic areas, or the Siberian tundra. I would definitely like to see greater diversity. That said, I am also happy with a new desert world, having played very little in Oasis Springs originally, lately I have been enjoying it hugely so another warm, dry area is fantastic. I hate the rain and cold! :smiley:

This. Especially Egypt, while I do wish we have a world that resembles how beautiful Abuja, Nigeria and South Africa are.

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    North America
    I'd like another apartment world.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Europe
    Mediterranean-inspired world(s): Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, North Africa.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Europe
    They should do a Mediterranean inspired world. The addition of beaches/swimming in the ocean, maybe cruises on the water, and lots of ancient places to sightsee.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Asia
    Asia.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Asia
    I couldn't choose between Africa or Asia, purely for the building items and furniture items we might get. Otherwise I don't mind as long as the next one isn't another desert!
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Europe
    I picked Europe, but I was also thinking about Asia or Australia. Any country would be really awesome to experience imo.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Africa
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Africa only if they add dangerous animals sims need to be aware of...like hippos in the water, snakes, Elephants(getting too close), rhinos etc.

We have snakes in Jungle adventure, but they're just a harmless effect. JA was an opportunity to introduce some wild animals like panthers/tigers and monkeys, but it's bland as usual instead.

Now back to the topic at hand, I would love an African world with safaris and lots of wild animals sims could interact with as part of a reserve. It would be a nice vacation world for sims, and it would be big enough for some residential lots as well if we wanted to create some african locals.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Europe
    Well, I'm from Britain, so it would be nice to see something that feels a little closer to home, or where my preferred builds don't look so out of place. There's so many beautiful places to take inspiration from in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland too. France and Italy would be lovely as well. Honestly though I would just welcome more variety. Give me all the worlds! :)
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Europe
    Europe only because I want either a Greek inspired world or a Scandinavian one, other than those maybe a world based on a region in Africa? because the hair for black people are seriously lacking, and we could get more animals that way too.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Africa
    Africa, and not a safari themed world, but one that picks up the idiosyncratic cultures found across the continent: food, dances, music, architecture geography, faith, folklore and a sprinkling of wild life
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Africa
    Eliharb wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »

We have snakes in Jungle adventure, but they're just a harmless effect. JA was an opportunity to introduce some wild animals like panthers/tigers and monkeys, but it's bland as usual instead.

Now back to the topic at hand, I would love an African world with safaris and lots of wild animals sims could interact with as part of a reserve. It would be a nice vacation world for sims, and it would be big enough for some residential lots as well if we wanted to create some african locals.

yeah which is why I asked for dangerous animals meaning they actually have an affect on the sims versus the slithering by. You are so right, they could have added it to JA but didn't.