Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss the Strangerville World coming with the Strangerville Gamepack

Comments

• Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I'm just personally not a fan of desert areas in general.

To be honest, neither am I. I always hate desert worlds but I'm strangely excited for this one??? I think it's the architecture for me, it looks cool and more my style than the desert world we already have
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Thanks for showing us the map. It looks bigger than I thought it would be. So, I'm guessing the town is one hood and the elevated green area is a res-hood and the crater/military base is the secret lot?

The secret area is where the lab is.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    What I would particularly like to know @SimGuruHouts if we can actually get inside those trailers to live there and furnish and do we get the wheels to go with them? (I made Oasis Springs into a trailer park so it would definitely give my game a lift). :)

I've seen a lot of people interested in this, so want to clear it up.

The motor home is world deco. There seems to be a ton of interest in motor homes though so maybe we'll have to do something with them in the future.

There's a lot in one of the neighborhoods that is built to look like a trailer, but it's not quite the same as the ones that are world deco.

Trailer parks, duplexes, townhomes, multi-resident housing in general would be an awesome way to conserve space in any of the worlds. I love that feature in Sims 2 and would be thrilled to have it back.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    What I would particularly like to know @SimGuruHouts if we can actually get inside those trailers to live there and furnish and do we get the wheels to go with them? (I made Oasis Springs into a trailer park so it would definitely give my game a lift). :)

The motor home is world deco. There seems to be a ton of interest in motor homes though so maybe we'll have to do something with them in the future.

There's a lot in one of the neighborhoods that is built to look like a trailer, but it's not quite the same as the ones that are world deco.

Oh, this saddens me :'(
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Trailer parks, duplexes, townhomes, multi-resident housing in general would be an awesome way to conserve space in any of the worlds. I love that feature in Sims 2 and would be thrilled to have it back.

I would love them too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Oh no! I'm gutted. Please bring us trailers soon.

I am excited for the world though, I hope it is very Western. I adored Appaloosa Plains, it was one of my all-time favourite worlds. Usually I prefer lush greenery, but I do love Western style.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I wonder how many empty residential lots that they have. Hope it’s not less than what Get Famous gave us.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'm just personally not a fan of desert areas in general.

Likewise. To this day I've never done anything with/played in Oasis Springs.

The town itself is quite 'meh' for me (looks like something from a western, and I'm not a fan of westerns), but I actively dislike the background rock formations.

Hear hear! I'd prefer a nice, snowy alpine world right now. :)

I would love something like that, but unlike Granite Falls; something with different elevations, maybe like TS3's Hidden Springs.
    I'd also love a canal-centric world like Venice, or a central-European one full of Gothic architecture like Prague.

I'm still honestly surprised that they haven't touched anything much European-influenced of the sort after Windenburg.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I wonder what the animation will be? 🤔
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

Most likely something...strange...
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Can't wait!! got money saved up!!
  • Options
    I wonder how many empty residential lots that they have. Hope it’s not less than what Get Famous gave us.

There are two completely empty lots, three lots with unoccupied houses, four lots with pre-made Sims living there, two venues, and one special lot.

SO that's where all the residential lots went... :p
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Right. So before playing this:

Update mods.
    Remake venues.
    Fill empty lots.
    Move in NPC sims in all empty houses.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

Great world map and icon, looking forward to it! :) I wonder if that green area with the trees to the right of the lower neighbourhood is accessible, and what strang(er) things one might encounter there.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    So dissapointed the trailer homes aren't functional. Kind of messed up to even put them in. Ugh. Now I need to stop getting my hopes up from trailers, anything showcased in them could be fake.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Great world map and icon, looking forward to it! :) I wonder if that green area with the trees to the right of the lower neighbourhood is accessible, and what strang(er) things one might encounter there.

I'm guessing that GREEN area to the right is the residential neighborhood. That makes sense to me.
    mika wrote: »
    So dissapointed the trailer homes aren't functional. Kind of messed up to even put them in. Ugh. Now I need to stop getting my hopes up from trailers, anything showcased in them could be fake.

I don't need trailers if they aren't going to add other vehicles into the game too. What I would like is a trailer tongue (the "A" frame part at the front of a trailer the hitches to a vehicle) that I could add to the front of my tiny house to "look" as if it could be or has been towed. Also, small trailer wheels that I could place to give the illusion that my tiny house was built on a trailer frame. That's really all I need. Surely those two objects are possible without too much fuss.

47125031562_a32357e396_b.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would love to know the lot sizes and I am hoping they all aren't overly HUGE this time.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I would love to know the lot sizes and I am hoping they all aren't overly HUGE this time.

I'm hoping that most are medium sized. The airplane crash lot looks pretty big, tho'.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I'm hoping that most are medium sized. The airplane crash lot looks pretty big, tho'.

I'm hoping the downtown area lots are joined like the ones in Del Sol Valley. Small enough that you can put the buildings close together but so we don't have to make them so multi-functional.

And I prefer 20x30 or 30x40 for residential. But that's me. I have real trouble with the lots bigger than that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Most likely we ll find out Sunday when the embargo ends for the early in game footage.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member

I'm hoping the downtown area lots are joined like the ones in Del Sol Valley. Small enough that you can put the buildings close together but so we don't have to make them so multi-functional.

And I prefer 20x30 or 30x40 for residential. But that's me. I have real trouble with the lots bigger than that.

I would like to see some tiny lots included, 15x20 please :)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know what new collectibles we'll be getting, if any?
    Gallery ID: LDM2