Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss the Strangerville World coming with the Strangerville Gamepack

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    World looks nice. Only thing I don’t like is they have copied and pasted a house from Willow Creek into the new world.

I guess they thought people wouldn’t notice or would delete the lots and re build.

Which one? I don't know why, but those bigger houses in the right-hand area don't look right to me in this world. Not the right style.

I was thinking the same thing. Those bigger houses just don't look right. I will probably replace them right away :D
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    World looks nice. Only thing I don’t like is they have copied and pasted a house from Willow Creek into the new world.

I guess they thought people wouldn’t notice or would delete the lots and re build.

Yo LilSimsie went OFF about this 😂😂 She even made a new starter from scratch in 15 minutes to replace the lot to prove how disappointing the Devs decision was at copying and pasting a house from BG. There’s no excuse for that at ALL.

I just watched her video. You weren’t kidding. 😂
    I’m glad she has made the point!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The look of the town center/downtown area is really cool and I love that they're continuing to add more rundown, broken, grungy decor and materials and items. Strangerville's downtown, Del Sol Valley's downtown and 'starting out' neighborhood, and Brindleton Bay's docks are exactly the style of world I want for my Sims. I love them!

Now I just need a world builder so I can make an entire world in that style, without the prettier/upscale parts ;)

I am so thrilled they added more grungier stuff. I want the whole world to be grungy. I absolutely love the downtown area!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @MidnightAura XUrbanSimsX mentioned it as well, and she too replaced the lot with one of her own.

@CrystalAbyss1 I’ll be downloading hers as well. And right?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Great world map and icon, looking forward to it! :) I wonder if that green area with the trees to the right of the lower neighbourhood is accessible, and what strang(er) things one might encounter there.

I'm guessing that GREEN area to the right is the residential neighborhood. That makes sense to me.
    mika wrote: »
    So dissapointed the trailer homes aren't functional. Kind of messed up to even put them in. Ugh. Now I need to stop getting my hopes up from trailers, anything showcased in them could be fake.

I don't need trailers if they aren't going to add other vehicles into the game too. What I would like is a trailer tongue (the "A" frame part at the front of a trailer the hitches to a vehicle) that I could add to the front of my tiny house to "look" as if it could be or has been towed. Also, small trailer wheels that I could place to give the illusion that my tiny house was built on a trailer frame. That's really all I need. Surely those two objects are possible without too much fuss.

47125031562_a32357e396_b.jpg

@Dannydanbo here is a mod that will let you build a trailer home. The creator has a picture tutorial on page 2 of his tumblr on how to assemble it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am totally in love with this new world! I may redo those houses in the wealthy area though. They don't seem to fit with a small western, out of the way town like this one feels. But it's right up my alley and the way I play! And so much better than OS!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I must say I an loving this word more than Del Sol Valley. This is how world should be made. There should be atleast five lots per neighborhood instead of three. Wish our EP worlds will become like this
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Now that I know lot sizes, I'm going to edit the bar lot to add a small cafe next door. If I shrink the bar lot to two tiles wide and slide it to the left as far as I can, there should be enough room for a small cafe with a bathroom next door to the bar with a bathroom in the back. My only concern is if it will affect the bar lot when I change it to a cafe lot.

As far as the copy house from WC, I'm planning on editing that lot to a combo of Floyd's Barber Shop next door to the Courthouse/jail. This town needs Andy and Barney.