Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Strangerville

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    No chance. I like normal, run-of-the-mill everyday life gameplay. I'm happy for those who want it but I'm not interested in this at all.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Yes
    gemjas wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Those outfits in the trailer were set dressing, so I doubt it comes with a Military career, Sims can't live there, and it's all set dressing with some adventure type puzzles or clues. Not for me. I'm tired of set dressing.

Where are you getting the info that Sims can't live there? It looked like a playable town in the trailer.

None of that has been revealed. Speculation. :)

Except that the Military career has been verified.

Ahhh, okay. I was so confused by that comment, lol. The new town was one of the main reasons I wanted to buy this, so I'd be real disappointed if Strangerville turned out to be a "vacation" world or whatever. I'd still get it for all the other creepy little details, but the town itself would be perfect for my game. I'm glad the Military career was confirmed, though.

• Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Yes
    I am buying it as soon as I can, hopefully the day it's released.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes
    My answer to these threads is always yes o:)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yes
    Of course, I buy all the packs. Might have to wait til payday on the 1st though :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes
    It looks like it will be entertaining to me, looking forward to it!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes
    *throws money at the computer*

I need this in my life, I so miss the quirkiness!
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yes
    There was no hesitation in my mind, I love quirky stuff in the game and this really is! I always play quirky even when I try to do realism so for me it's going to be fun. I might even forgive the lack of Social Bunny for this, but if it turns out he's the alien mastermind I shall die happy right then and there on the keyboard. I know a lot of people won't like the strange factor but I would rather that than Laundry any day.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Maybe
    I was going to say yes, but the question of if the effects of the "whatever" - the infection for lack of a better word - are going to start showing up all over the place in all worlds - I do not want that. If it's limited to Strangeville or has an option not to have it in other worlds, I'm buying it. I like strange, sometimes. I don't want to have it all the time though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    Yes
    I'll totally be buying it. I'm excited to see what is included when they reveal more details.

But I'm getting it regardless because of my Strangetown nostalgia.
  • Options
    Zilo863Zilo863 Posts: 8 New Member
    Maybe
    Not to sure yet, only game packs i have are dine out and parenthood. Will have to see if it adds more than the ones i do not have yet
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    No
    Definitely not. The creepy facial expressions are much too off-putting.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    No
    No, I would never buy it. I had hoped for some farming, and zombies and vampires are not to my taste.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Maybe
    Depends on if the infection spreads - I wouldn't mind having it in one save, but want to keep my other saves strange-free.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yes
    Most certainly, I've been wanting something different and obscure.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yes
    I'm definitely getting this. UNLEASH THE SILLY WALKS!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Yes
    Heck yes. If only as a thanks for the roll out. But the martial art thing clinched it. Hope one designs will fit an Amazon save.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I am a scifi, sci-fantasy fan rather than an occult one but don't mind if those are added later. Just let us have a pack like this once in a while please.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Yes
    Im not into supernatural things but that military career and the outfits got me! In the future im hoping some modder comes with a disease turn off
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited February 2019
    Maybe
    This is a pack that I will wait to get. It doesn’t interest me all that much when I watched the trailer at all so I’ll let others experience the pack first and see if it’s worth the money. I’m sure there is a new career in the pack and that’s the only thing I’m curious about, as much as I love mysteries. I’ll wait for more info on it before deciding!
  • Options
    pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Yes
    Definitely but only when it’s on sale! Sounds very interesting and could be really fun gameplay
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Yes
    I am all over this.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Maybe
    I need more information... the trailer itself doesn't even provide any context of what the overall pack is about. Neither does the three paragraph blog they posted. Honestly, I'm just sick of the developers ignoring what fans actually want and have been asking for... witches and university have literally been two of the most demanded features fans have been asking for... and then they come out with this.

If I do end up purchasing this pack (for whatever reason it may be), I just hope everything's restricted to this one world. I don't wanna see my Sims in the normal worlds walking around ridiculously and having creepy faces like that. I truly hope the developers have put this into consideration when creating the pack.

This is the most cringe worthy announcement for a pack since that 'Get Together' dance party was held when that pack was announced. I will say, however, that 'Get Together' did end up being my favorite expansion pack (until Seasons), so maybe I'll like this one too... but I doubt it. So far, this looks like it'll be my least favorite game pack... and that's including 'Outdoor Retreat', which is sad.

Like I said, I need more information before I make an actual decision. Even if I do end up wanting to buy it, I'll probably wait for a sale.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Yes
    Happily, this week is payday, too. So, I won't have to wait most likely. Very excited about this. Sounds like a bit of fun. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Maybe
    Not sure. I will definitely wait for reviews. I used to buy blindly anything that is Sims, but I’ve been dissatisfied enough so I won’t throw caution to the wind anymore.