The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Mafia Masterlist - No longer updated

Comments

  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,101 Member
    Can you put a game on hold for me please, called The Tales of Syndicate: After Mayfia* :) Thanks
    *Probably, literally came up with that title 5 seconds ago :joy:
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 17,819 Member
    I'm thinking of hosting a game where everyone (Mafia and town alike) is either a backup or a power role, and if a power role with remaining shots dies, a random backup player with the same alignment inherits the remaining shots. And if there are no blank backups left, it's possible for a player to inherit a 2nd power.

    I suppose the Mafia might be uncovered when it becomes apparent that they never inherit town's powers, so I need to think about this part
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 67,351 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm thinking of hosting a game where everyone (Mafia and town alike) is either a backup or a power role, and if a power role with remaining shots dies, a random backup player with the same alignment inherits the remaining shots. And if there are no blank backups left, it's possible for a player to inherit a 2nd power.

    I suppose the Mafia might be uncovered when it becomes apparent that they never inherit town's powers, so I need to think about this part

    Maybe you can just give the mafia backup townie roles.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    foYU7H9.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 17,819 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm thinking of hosting a game where everyone (Mafia and town alike) is either a backup or a power role, and if a power role with remaining shots dies, a random backup player with the same alignment inherits the remaining shots. And if there are no blank backups left, it's possible for a player to inherit a 2nd power.

    I suppose the Mafia might be uncovered when it becomes apparent that they never inherit town's powers, so I need to think about this part

    Maybe you can just give the mafia backup townie roles.

    It might be suspicious if a tracker Mafioso is lynched and then someone announces inheriting the tracker role in the future :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 67,351 Member
    edited February 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm thinking of hosting a game where everyone (Mafia and town alike) is either a backup or a power role, and if a power role with remaining shots dies, a random backup player with the same alignment inherits the remaining shots. And if there are no blank backups left, it's possible for a player to inherit a 2nd power.

    I suppose the Mafia might be uncovered when it becomes apparent that they never inherit town's powers, so I need to think about this part

    Maybe you can just give the mafia backup townie roles.

    It might be suspicious if a tracker Mafioso is lynched and then someone announces inheriting the tracker role in the future :D

    Hmm... I think in this case, you have to plan if you want the roles to be totally open (open setup) or not. Then work from there. Maybe if it's open setup, it might work as long as there's not mass claiming at the start. I've seen an open game where there's backup roles. And then maybe both mafia and townie can have mafia/townie roles. It will work better with a semi closed setups but you just have to inform players that the role does not necessarily determine the alignment.

    Maybe it could be something like.

    Mafia Role Cop (only detects active roles)
    Mafia Role Cop Backup

    Townie Role Cop [so it's like they just know who has a role]
    Townie Role cop backup 1
    Townie Role cop backup 2
    Townie Role cop backup 3
    Townie Role cop backup 4

    Mafia Doctor
    Mafia Doctor backup

    Town Doctor
    Town Doctor backup 1
    Town Doctor backup 2
    Town Doctor backup 3
    Town Doctor backup 4

    If you want it to be open.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    foYU7H9.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 67,351 Member
    edited February 2019
    But 4 mafia is like a lot so 2 possible roles is enough for a game. Unless maybe, for example there's 3-4 possible roles, and then 3 mafia. And you let the mafia choose what roles they want in pregame and one of them will be the backup of either of their mates depending on who died first.

    Just throwing out some ideas there. XD
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    foYU7H9.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 17,819 Member
    Ooh, interesting. I was planning on having more powers.

    Maybe I just don't reveal powers when doing the flip and only reveal alignment?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 67,351 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Ooh, interesting. I was planning on having more powers.

    Maybe I just don't reveal powers when doing the flip and only reveal alignment?

    Yeah, that could work too.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    foYU7H9.gif
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 11,714 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    @the_greenplumbob what is the theme/setup of your upcoming mafia game?

    I haven't come up with a theme yet, as for the set up, I'm gonna try and make one myself :)

    Sounds good. Could I co host it if you want?

    Yeah sure! :smiley: I forgot we agreed to co-host a game :joy:

    Yayyy!! For a Theme, could we do a Powerpuff Girls themed mafia, a Dexter Lab's themed mafia, a 90210 themed mafia, or a Sailor Moon themed mafia game? You can pick out the theme Plumbob.

    Sailor Moooon! If you ever host a Sailor Moon themed game I'll play xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 17,819 Member
    Sign me up for that setup idea I had earlier. I'll call it the "Power Entropy" Mafia game.

    I'll work out the details over the weeks
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 67,351 Member
    edited February 2019
    Zinnia, you should put up your thread now. Do you have any ideas of what setup you're gonna use? 😂

    Or is it gonna be that one night Werewolf one?
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    foYU7H9.gif
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,871 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Zinnia, you should put up your thread now. Do you have any ideas of what setup you're gonna use? 😂

    Or is it gonna be that one night Werewolf one?

    Oh, right, I forgot I was next.

    Probably Werewolf.
    unknown.png
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,871 Member
    So here is this X Sorry if it's a bit of a mess :grimace:
    unknown.png
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,871 Member
    @TheRoseHorse You should just set up your game, I don't think I'm gonna do another Werewolf game.
    unknown.png
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 6,937 Member
    Oh. I forgot I was next will do in a bit.
    Wanna see my blog for the One Room, One Week, One Theme Challenge?
    Click here!
    Also, help me earn currency for a website I play on by clicking this link.
    You can click the link once per day and it'll help me out. :)
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,101 Member
    @Zinniavanilla Please can you keep my game on hold, thanks :)
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 6,937 Member
    Wanna see my blog for the One Room, One Week, One Theme Challenge?
    Click here!
    Also, help me earn currency for a website I play on by clicking this link.
    You can click the link once per day and it'll help me out. :)
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Does anyone want to co host with me? I need someone to flip either days or nights.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    PS the theme is going to be spring. IE: flowers, rain, sunlight, etc.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 17,819 Member
    I can help you out if you need it
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,198 Member
    PS the theme is going to be spring. IE: flowers, rain, sunlight, etc.

    Rain!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,871 Member
    Should I put your gamee on the list, Charlie? Sorry if I missed you signing up.
    unknown.png
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I can help you out if you need it

    Okay thanks.

    Should I put your gamee on the list, Charlie? Sorry if I missed you signing up.

    Yes please!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 6,937 Member
    I want to host another game. Idk what setup yet though
    Wanna see my blog for the One Room, One Week, One Theme Challenge?
    Click here!
    Also, help me earn currency for a website I play on by clicking this link.
    You can click the link once per day and it'll help me out. :)
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,581 Member
    Host-maniac Rose, lol
    B2F244130BF06ACA66DF71CD46DD241A9A95CF42
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top