Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia Masterlist - No longer updated

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Can you put a game on hold for me please, called The Tales of Syndicate: After Mayfia* :) Thanks
    *Probably, literally came up with that title 5 seconds ago :joy:
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm thinking of hosting a game where everyone (Mafia and town alike) is either a backup or a power role, and if a power role with remaining shots dies, a random backup player with the same alignment inherits the remaining shots. And if there are no blank backups left, it's possible for a player to inherit a 2nd power.

I suppose the Mafia might be uncovered when it becomes apparent that they never inherit town's powers, so I need to think about this part
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm thinking of hosting a game where everyone (Mafia and town alike) is either a backup or a power role, and if a power role with remaining shots dies, a random backup player with the same alignment inherits the remaining shots. And if there are no blank backups left, it's possible for a player to inherit a 2nd power.

I suppose the Mafia might be uncovered when it becomes apparent that they never inherit town's powers, so I need to think about this part

Maybe you can just give the mafia backup townie roles.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

It might be suspicious if a tracker Mafioso is lynched and then someone announces inheriting the tracker role in the future :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited February 2019

It might be suspicious if a tracker Mafioso is lynched and then someone announces inheriting the tracker role in the future :D

Hmm... I think in this case, you have to plan if you want the roles to be totally open (open setup) or not. Then work from there. Maybe if it's open setup, it might work as long as there's not mass claiming at the start. I've seen an open game where there's backup roles. And then maybe both mafia and townie can have mafia/townie roles. It will work better with a semi closed setups but you just have to inform players that the role does not necessarily determine the alignment.

Maybe it could be something like.

Mafia Role Cop (only detects active roles)
    Mafia Role Cop Backup

Townie Role Cop [so it's like they just know who has a role]
    Townie Role cop backup 1
    Townie Role cop backup 2
    Townie Role cop backup 3
    Townie Role cop backup 4

Mafia Doctor
    Mafia Doctor backup

Town Doctor
    Town Doctor backup 1
    Town Doctor backup 2
    Town Doctor backup 3
    Town Doctor backup 4

If you want it to be open.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited February 2019
    But 4 mafia is like a lot so 2 possible roles is enough for a game. Unless maybe, for example there's 3-4 possible roles, and then 3 mafia. And you let the mafia choose what roles they want in pregame and one of them will be the backup of either of their mates depending on who died first.

Just throwing out some ideas there. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Ooh, interesting. I was planning on having more powers.

Maybe I just don't reveal powers when doing the flip and only reveal alignment?

Ooh, interesting. I was planning on having more powers.

Maybe I just don't reveal powers when doing the flip and only reveal alignment?

Yeah, that could work too.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    @the_greenplumbob what is the theme/setup of your upcoming mafia game?

I haven't come up with a theme yet, as for the set up, I'm gonna try and make one myself :)

Sounds good. Could I co host it if you want?

Yeah sure! :smiley: I forgot we agreed to co-host a game :joy:

Yayyy!! For a Theme, could we do a Powerpuff Girls themed mafia, a Dexter Lab's themed mafia, a 90210 themed mafia, or a Sailor Moon themed mafia game? You can pick out the theme Plumbob.

Sailor Moooon! If you ever host a Sailor Moon themed game I'll play xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

Sign me up for that setup idea I had earlier. I'll call it the "Power Entropy" Mafia game.

I'll work out the details over the weeks

edited February 2019
    Zinnia, you should put up your thread now. Do you have any ideas of what setup you're gonna use? 😂

Or is it gonna be that one night Werewolf one?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Zinnia, you should put up your thread now. Do you have any ideas of what setup you're gonna use? 😂

Or is it gonna be that one night Werewolf one?

Oh, right, I forgot I was next.

Probably Werewolf.
    unknown.png
    So here is this X Sorry if it's a bit of a mess :grimace:
    unknown.png
    @TheRoseHorse You should just set up your game, I don't think I'm gonna do another Werewolf game.
    unknown.png
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Oh. I forgot I was next will do in a bit.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    @Zinniavanilla Please can you keep my game on hold, thanks :)
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Does anyone want to co host with me? I need someone to flip either days or nights.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    PS the theme is going to be spring. IE: flowers, rain, sunlight, etc.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    I can help you out if you need it

• LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    PS the theme is going to be spring. IE: flowers, rain, sunlight, etc.

Rain!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
    Should I put your gamee on the list, Charlie? Sorry if I missed you signing up.
    unknown.png
    I can help you out if you need it

Okay thanks.

Should I put your gamee on the list, Charlie? Sorry if I missed you signing up.

Yes please!
    It's a lot of fun!
    I want to host another game. Idk what setup yet though
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Host-maniac Rose, lol
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.