Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Generation Are You?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

I am pretty much both a Millennial and Gen Z - it depends where you read where you belong.

https://genhq.com/faq-info-about-generations/
http://socialmarketing.org/archives/generations-xy-z-and-the-others/
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Which Generation Are You? 54 votes

Generation Z (Centennial)
29%
LukeNathalieSims4MagicalTalesCharliecheesenurgersmunroeleEvie0602ChelsPlaySimshermioniaEliGrangerSimmerBabycakelingsDootLikeASkeletonizecsonCheetahAlyssaKomeettaakikamoonsCandyCarolHeyitssmile 16 votes
Generation Y (Millennial)
51%
Bluefairy286KitOnlyHumandragonfreakemorrillKaeChan2089TheGreatGorlonSimplyJenCary1213Trashmagicannaliese39NetzspannungAngelEb95Frfly072rjssimDeKaySimmer_chiyenEricasFreePlayHippie_SimmerejpdSimTrippy 28 votes
Generation X
12%
IdontrcallJoAnne65mlmeadowspammiechickKevinL5275soko37TheSimStream 7 votes
Baby Boomers
3%
aldavorPatrice 2 votes
Traditionalists/The Silent Generation
0%
Other
1%
Colton147147 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't "feel" like a Millennial, more like a Gen Xer, but that's where my age puts me lol.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member

I don't really think the term "millennial" fits me but according to all the sites I've looked at, that's what I am.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I don't "feel" like a Millennial, more like a Gen Xer, but that's where my age puts me lol.

Same here. Apparently I'm an older Millennial. Was sure I'd seen something that put my birthyear in Gen X somewhere.
    image.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Millienial but an older one.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I'm like on the cusp of gen z and gen y, but I consider myself to be a millennial.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm a millennial according to both sites linked in the original post.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I'm a millennial, but I don't feel like the extremism sometimes exhibited by millennials really describes me at all.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Gen Y. And like most Gen Yers I too am of course nothing like the typical Gen Yer. ;)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member

Same here. I certainly don't believe in acting the way many Millennials do.......
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm right on the edge between millennial and gen Z.

On a side note I always find it kind of interesting that a lot of people like to think they're tremendously different and unique compared to everyone else in their generation
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DootLikeASkeletonDootLikeASkeleton Posts: 506 Member
    I'm a child xD
    You're supposed to look at the post, weirdo silly!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Most of the things generally said about Millenials are rather silly, even if some people regard them as clever observations. What is true is that this is the 1st generation of digital natives and that there is more diversity from racially/ethnically mixed parents than ever before. Obviously that has other implications like much more noticeable changes in views on politics, societal and environmental challenges - life as a whole, really - than with previous generations.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    HeyitssmileHeyitssmile Posts: 45 Member
    I always thought I was a lot closer to the generational line between Gen Z and Millenial, due to the whole "being born in the early 2000's" thing, which always got us confused with 90's kids for having the same experiences. After looking it up, I realized that there was quite a large gap there. It's weird to look at the thought process between each generation, and how being born in the wrong generation can get you criticized, like- I didn't ask to be born but okay, keep complaining about how were ruining the housing market or whatever, haha.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Generation X
    I'm one year off of being a gen Y. Thank goodness lol
  • Options
    BillieJoXBillieJoX Posts: 23 Member
    I grew up believing if you were born in the year 2000, your a millennial 🤣 Never heard of centennial. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'm a Gen Z, but only just. Love it, I feel like being a millennial fits in some ways, but in most, it really doesn't. I don't remember 9/11 for one, and I hear thats one of the ways it's defined. if you don't remember, you're a Z. That, and while I had dial up as a kid, I grew up with a PS2, gameboy/DS and I've always had internet, and I taught a teacher how to use a computer.
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I honestly feel like people give younger generations such a hard time. It honestly just comes down to the technology gap and how older generations don't like new ideas and beliefs.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    I'm a Millenial. I was born in the middle of the bracket.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Generation X
    I honestly feel like people give younger generations such a hard time. It honestly just comes down to the technology gap and how older generations don't like new ideas and beliefs.

It's a never-ending cycle. Whoever is the current youth is confident they will change the world for the better and the older generations think, "Sure you will. We were going to change the world, too."

Your children in 20 year's time might very well think you don't like new ideas and beliefs, too. The best thing we can do is be understanding and accepting of all ages (young and old) and their individual beliefs and feelings.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh