Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to Mods

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The bills in its 4 are related to the costs/value of the lot. So if there are a lot of valuable items in the inventories or high end furnishings then the bills will reflect that. I believe there may also be a bug with Seasons related to the bills and the temperature controls @Simpkin
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    My bills were the same with mccc? So was my game except the little things I used it for... (like deleting the relationships with townies I met once who would phone 10x a day after)

Me too, I've never had problems with huge bills or anything else in MCCC. It's a big mod (in terms of functionality), and you have to take the time to read about what it does, but it really is fantastic if you want story progression. Plus it's very customisable - you can have it on whatever settings work for the stories you want to tell. I couldn't play without it now.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Just here to say NEVER get MCCC. This mod is not a little mod. It's insanely large and detailed. It rewires the whole game. And the bills are bugged. You'll end up with bills around 20 million or a lot more.

Had this mod for the longest time and bills been the same less you're doing something manually to change it? Might wanna report that to deaderpool if you're having a bug like that.

It's really user friendly to me and easy to understand especially with the documents on what each feature does. I really do recommend this to anyone who's getting into mods.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Just here to say NEVER get MCCC. This mod is not a little mod. It's insanely large and detailed. It rewires the whole game. And the bills are bugged. You'll end up with bills around 20 million or a lot more.

Had this mod for the longest time and bills been the same less you're doing something manually to change it? Might wanna report that to deaderpool if you're having a bug like that.

It's really user friendly to me and easy to understand especially with the documents on what each feature does. I really do recommend this to anyone who's getting into mods.
    I never touched any settings in the mod and I'm not the first, only or the last one to say this about the mod. There are so many people saying their bills are crazy millions.
    I wouldn't touch the mod with a 20 million foot pole! It is everything but userfriendly.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member

I never touched any settings in the mod and I'm not the first, only or the last one to say this about the mod. There are so many people saying their bills are crazy millions.
    I wouldn't touch the mod with a 20 million foot pole! It is everything but userfriendly.

It's a rather simple mod with straightforward options, lots of customization and desirable functionality. Most of the options are pretty self explanatory, otherwise the nicely laid out documentation for each module tells you exactly what it does.

I've never had issues with bills, even when I tweak them with the mod they show properly. All you have to do is read what it does. I'm actively on their discord and don't see the "many people" saying anything about their bills. I've even used the game time feature which is advised to be risky to mess with the game's time speeds with no issues at all running a total of 31 mods.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Coolspear's mods are some of the best ones - some of his mods I can't play without now. They can be found at SimsAsylum
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I finally broke down & added a mod the other day. I definitely agree with using ModtheSims, you can find a mod for just about anything there. Fed up with all of the mess making, I came across the SCAM (made by Scumbumbo) mod that controls autonomy. No more little brats trashing the playgrounds & libraries! And other annoying actions, like constantly getting water are now gone too. I'm thinking of adding Risky Woohoo next, but I still want to keep my mods to a minimum, mainly those that take care of the annoying things that start to take the fun out of the game. I normally wait until they're done with all the packs & patches to start modding in earnest, but sometimes something is so annoying you just can't stand it anymore.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    Coolspear's mods are some of the best ones - some of his mods I can't play without now. They can be found at SimsAsylum

Oh yes, how did I forget him. I love his doctor career revamp.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I want to second the meaningful stories mod by roburky. And like what others said, MCCC is a must for general housekeeping.

I've used the meaningful stories mod a bit, and I like how it stabilizes sims' moods, and how it balances out the emotion system's tuning. Sims aren't always happy at every little thing, emotion traits are actually meaningful since their moodlets tend to stick more, uncomfortable moodlets boost negative emotions, and moods can linger a bit longer. Plus you can fine tune a lot of settings!

I'd argue that roburky did a better job at balancing the emotions system than the Maxis team did.

https://roburky.itch.io/sims4-meaningful-stories
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited February 2019

You're actually the first I'm hearing this from. :) The only other mod that has ever caused an extreme excel in bills was Atm and Credit mod.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with it, though I do have to disagree as this has to be one of the easiest user interfaces I've ever used. I thought the one in S3 was a bit complicated as I had to get use to it more and only used a few select options, but this is just too easy. I was even able to figure out what did what by just clicking and reading.

Can adjust the population and sims getting married, moving out with one another having kids whether or not they can have kids. Can mark certain sims to not even get pregnant you can put them at any stage of the pregnancy to putting them into labor. You can summon any sim to a lot by typing in their name, change their clothing while the game is paused and any other npc sim. Promote and demote in their career, set their skills or clear all of their skills and even disable certain autonomous behavior as well as set relationships for them. Delete sims, force a certain death on a sim, force a sim to leave a lot (useful for those pesky vampire break-ins..). Disable moods for sims, can have mean, flirty, mischeif interaction to happen more autonously, autonous proposals, etc. Stop random flirting from sims as well.

TLDR;

I just can't see any reason to not have this mod. :D

So much goes into it and the creator is quick to get it uptodate when a patch comes rolling out.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I have UI Cheats and True Happiness but those are the only ones I want to deal with right now. As much as I love this game I'm really looking forward to trying out all the mods once the Sims 4 comes to an end and not having to deal with all the updating.
  • Options
    I have UI Cheats and True Happiness but those are the only ones I want to deal with right now. As much as I love this game I'm really looking forward to trying out all the mods once the Sims 4 comes to an end and not having to deal with all the updating.

Understandable, since the majority of mods seem to break when certain patches come out or most modders unfortunately go awol to never update their mods ever again.

I wanted to try some much bigger ones, but probably won't until the game is at an end.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options

Understandable, since the majority of mods seem to break when certain patches come out or most modders unfortunately go awol to never update their mods ever again.

I wanted to try some much bigger ones, but probably won't until the game is at an end.

Indeed. I've learned to mod in TS4 to a basic-intermediate level, thus allowing me to know if a patch breaks a specific mod. I do trust MCCC and LittleMsSam to update their mods though. The rest of smaller mods I use are very specific, so even if you know nothing about mods you can guesstimate if they'll work based on what the patch touched. I.E my more employees mod for retail, most likely it'll not break unless a patch specifically touches the tuning I modified for retail.
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like ModtheSims, but look at the comments on the CC before you download it. Sometimes patches break CC, and people will usually mention it in the comments. Sadly this happened with the mod that lowered salaries. If they ever get it fixed, I suggest it! Adds much more difficulty when your sims aren't swimmin' in cash.

I don't have MCCC, but not because it's bad or not worth it. I don't have it because I don't have the self control to stop editing everyone's lives like crazy. There's no fun or randomness because I'm a control freak. XD I had to give the power back.