Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited February 2019
    @katrinasforest @simscognito
    Not sure where the story will go next, I'm sick with a cold again *hoping it doesn't turn into pneumonia again*

But I do have a food for thought question for everyone. Bear in mind Caleb was not using any powers/influence at all during the visit and for its aftermath.

Were Jasmina's actions a deliberate act to cross the line or an act of momentary weakness due to being emotionally overwhelmed?
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @NyteRose I didn't get the sense Jasmina was crossing a line on purpose or went to visit Caleb with the intent to do so. She seems pretty open an d probably would have said something if she was second-guessing herself.

I took it as her being emotionally overwhelmed.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @katrinasforest @simscognito
    Not sure where the story will go next, I'm sick with a cold again *hoping it doesn't turn into pneumonia again*

But I do have a food for thought question for everyone. Bear in mind Caleb was not using any powers/influence at all during the visit and for its aftermath.

Were Jasmina's actions a deliberate act to cross the line or an act of momentary weakness due to being emotionally overwhelmed?

@NyteRose hope you feel better soon.

Jasmina definitely seemed overwhelmed. She tends to get overwhelmed quite easily in my opinion but also understandably given her circumstances. She also would never cross a line with Caleb on purpose... I don't think.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @simscognito @katrinasforest
    Maybe not cross a line but start having second thoughts about her relationship with Alex and consider reconciling with Caleb?
  • Options
    Maybe not cross a line but start having second thoughts about her relationship with Alex and consider reconciling with Caleb?

hmm... i still half expect her to get back with Caleb for some reason. :joy:
  • Options
    ok, sorry if this is a dumb question. But who's turn is it this week? :joy:
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @simscognito
    I have no clue :joy:
  • Options
    Just looked through recent posts. I Think it might be my week.

Ok, if so.

Do you think it's a good decision that Alex made to marry Henry?
    Thoughts on Paris's dealings with Grim? Which side do you think Paris is on?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @NyteRose I think she's definitely having second thoughts now. But I think she'll be honest to Alex about them.

@simscognito
    1. They did what felt right to them, and I don't see them regretting their decision. How it ultimately plays into their crazy family dynamics or Grim's plans is hard to say. :) (By the way, I love the new tag in your banner!)

2. I think Paris is on Grim's side, but only because he's afraid of him. If the Grim Reaper wants you to do something, you've gotta be nervous about the consequences if you say no. Heck, I was worried about my Sims insulting him when I first played the game and wasn't sure how he worked.

It just occurred to me I'm the only one without an Alex in my story. Maybe I need to bring Alexander Goth into my plot somehow. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @NyteRose I think she's definitely having second thoughts now. But I think she'll be honest to Alex about them.

@simscognito
    1. They did what felt right to them, and I don't see them regretting their decision. How it ultimately plays into their crazy family dynamics or Grim's plans is hard to say. :) (By the way, I love the new tag in your banner!)

2. I think Paris is on Grim's side, but only because he's afraid of him. If the Grim Reaper wants you to do something, you've gotta be nervous about the consequences if you say no. Heck, I was worried about my Sims insulting him when I first played the game and wasn't sure how he worked.

It just occurred to me I'm the only one without an Alex in my story. Maybe I need to bring Alexander Goth into my plot somehow. ^_^

@katrinasforest lol! So true. XD ooh. I wonder what part Alexander Goth would play.

1. Yeah, they certainly feel it's the right thing. To Alex he made a political move. Marrying the enemy to ensure peace. But yeah, it could very well be a mistake. XD :D Aw thanks. This is the original banner. The other one stopped working.

2. Ooh, that's interesting. There is certainly fear playing into Paris's motives. Oh really? Grim is a scary figure. Always creates anxiety in me when I see him out in the town. :D My Grim seems to love fishing for some reason.
  • Options
    Huh. I've never seen Grim fishing in my game. He did help himself to some Christmas gifts once. Guess he figured the intended recipient didn't need them anymore.
  • Options
    Huh. I've never seen Grim fishing in my game. He did help himself to some Christmas gifts once. Guess he figured the intended recipient didn't need them anymore.

@katrinasforest lol! Maybe XD
  • Options
    Sorry for being late with this. It's @katrinasforest 's turn in the reading circle, I think. :D
  • Options
    Also thanks for the feedback everyone. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @simscognito No problem! Here's the latest chapter, for anyone who didn't see it in my thread last week:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/02/01/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-8/

I will also have Lexi's Love Day (or anti-Love Day) special posting Thursday. (Edit: It's posted now.) Comments on the blog are appreciated, if you guys have time.

So, questions for this time around:

1. Who do you think will be the official winner of Vlad's competition?

2. Why do you think Lexi is hesitant to meet Lily again?

3. What is Elliot supposed to do with that giant chair and tactical map Vlad left in his living room? ^_^
    Post edited by katrinasforest on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Sorry, I haven't been active this week- I'm getting over a bad case of the flu and a few other issues. I haven't even been writing- and I had planned on a special Valentine's post but I just didn't feel like doing squat. And I don't know what else to write/how to continue at this point. Time for a break, maybe?

UPDATE- I edited the title and link to my blog/story. It is changed to the original working title.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @katrinasforest
    Read the latest chapter and here are my answers to your questions.

1. I think Miss H is going to win. She's ruthless and power-hungry, plus strong and wise from centuries of vampiric life (assuming this.) She will backstab "friends" and rivals to further her own power and position and doesn't hesitate at using others as cannon fodder, so to speak.
    2. Lexi probably worked for Lily as a maid/servant or an assistant of some sort, and Lily was most likely a royal b-. Can't blame Lexi for not wanting to see her again.
    3. Elliot is supposed to use the map for tactical purposes, but I think it and the chair will just end up being decorations. ^^

• Options
    @katrinasforest

Just read the latest chapter. It was hilarious. :D

I am really hoping Lexi's team will win. I want Kyle to rule. That would be funny. :joy:

I'm not really sure but I'm intrigued. Lily and her probs have some history. Like @NyteRose said, she probs worked for her as a maid. If so, that would be kinda awkward to meet under different circumstances. :D However, why would she not want them to know? Hmmm... XD

Use it to track down more vamps and oooh. The chair can be used to look cool. Hehe. XD
  • Options
    @NyteRose Thanks for your feedback! Miss H is certainly the most determined to win at this point. I don't think Elliot quite has her passion or experience yet. I'll be jumping back to her clan hopefully in the next chapter. (So, yea! More Caleb!)

I like your title. I'm the worst at coming up with them, and I always change my mind even after the story is over. If you still have an idea for a Valentine's post, no reason you can't post it as a generic romantic one if you decide to do it down the line. :) Hope you're feeling better!

@simscognito Thanks so much! Not always sure if my humor lands or if it's only funny in my head. ^_^ Kyle ruling would indeed be hilarious. I'm not even sure how Miss H would react if that happened. Probably just walk into the sunlight. You can kinda see where Alexander Goth might have an opening. If his parents, say... disappeared under mysterious circumstances, he'd naturally be the next in line as the person of influence in Willow Creek.

Should we take a break and reconvene to discuss Friends of Foes the first week of March after it comes back from hiatus?
  • Options
    @NyteRose Thanks for your feedback! Miss H is certainly the most determined to win at this point. I don't think Elliot quite has her passion or experience yet. I'll be jumping back to her clan hopefully in the next chapter. (So, yea! More Caleb!)

I like your title. I'm the worst at coming up with them, and I always change my mind even after the story is over. If you still have an idea for a Valentine's post, no reason you can't post it as a generic romantic one if you decide to do it down the line. :) Hope you're feeling better!

@simscognito Thanks so much! Not always sure if my humor lands or if it's only funny in my head. ^_^ Kyle ruling would indeed be hilarious. I'm not even sure how Miss H would react if that happened. Probably just walk into the sunlight. You can kinda see where Alexander Goth might have an opening. If his parents, say... disappeared under mysterious circumstances, he'd naturally be the next in line as the person of influence in Willow Creek.

Should we take a break and reconvene to discuss Friends of Foes the first week of March after it comes back from hiatus?

@katrinasforest ooh so you're going with the Alexander Goth idea? XD I'm excited to see what the menace gets up to.

Speaking of menaces, sure. We can have a break and come back when the next chapter of Foes comes out. It's a long one so there'll be lots to talk about. :joy:
  • Options
    Although i think it's @NyteRose's week this week so we can take the break at the end of this week.
  • Options
    @simscognito @katrinasforest I think it's my week too but I'm not having much success writing Chapter 27. I've started it, but the words don't look right and I'm grasping at straws with trying to figure out what content to put into the chapter. I'm not ready to answer some of the questions Chapter 26 raised yet. I'm drawing a blank :s:'( But...

I'd like to share a couple of songs that are used as themes for different parts of my story. Both songs are by Japanese rock band VAMPS but are in English. Enjoy :)

Main Theme: Vampire's Love
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtO_px24go

Inside of Me (ft. Chris Motionless of Motionless in White) (sums up how Caleb feels about being a vampire)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iogM9I7cg84
  • Options
    @simscognito @katrinasforest I think it's my week too but I'm not having much success writing Chapter 27. I've started it, but the words don't look right and I'm grasping at straws with trying to figure out what content to put into the chapter. I'm not ready to answer some of the questions Chapter 26 raised yet. I'm drawing a blank :s:'( But...

I'd like to share a couple of songs that are used as themes for different parts of my story. Both songs are by Japanese rock band VAMPS but are in English. Enjoy :)

Main Theme: Vampire's Love
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtO_px24go

Inside of Me (ft. Chris Motionless of Motionless in White) (sums up how Caleb feels about being a vampire)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iogM9I7cg84

I think you shared Vampire's Love before in the kindness bench. I have it on my spotify now. XD
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @simscognito
    I think so too but can't remember :D But I know @katrinasforest hasn't seen either so :p

UPDATE- Stopped working on Chapter 27 for now but am writing a one-shot chapter called Friends and Warcraft. It's something silly and cute to relieve tension from all the drama from the last chapter. Besides, who wants to miss out on Caleb playing a hunky human paladin and Alex as a werewolf (worgen) rogue? ;)
  • Options
    @simscognito
    I think so too but can't remember :D But I know @katrinasforest hasn't seen either so :p

UPDATE- Stopped working on Chapter 27 for now but am writing a one-shot chapter called Friends and Warcraft. It's something silly and cute to relieve tension from all the drama from the last chapter. Besides, who wants to miss out on Caleb playing a hunky human paladin and Alex as a werewolf (worgen) rogue? ;)

Lol. I wonder how Caleb's going to take playing a human... Is he going to remember enough what it's like? I'm quite curious about that. :joy: