Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @simscognito I think it's my week up.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @simscognito I think it's my week up.

@NyteRose Ok, thanks. Got any questions for us? :)
  • Options
    Do you think Caleb and Jasmina will work things out and get back together?
    What are your theories about Caleb's roommate?
    Who do you think Jasmina will end up with at the story's end?
  • Options
    Here's an announcement and a Happy New Year gift for you all.

Announcement
    announcement_orig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Chapter 25: “Goth Family Values” is now complete and posted. This is a “turning point” chapter so it’s longer than usual, but I felt the length was necessary. Enjoy, and thanks for reading.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2019
    @NyteRose Oh, goodness! I didn't mean to go silent on you. I had it on my mind we weren't reconvening until after New Year's since everyone seemed so busy. That was my own stupid assumption, and I apologize. And I'm also sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I'm so glad you're better now. Pneumonia is scary!

I will quickly read up on your latest chapter and answer your questions.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    I left a comment on your blog for chapter 25, but since I think your questions were about chapter 24 and earlier, I'll focus there.

1. This is tricky. I never predicted Jasmina and Caleb would break up in the first place. They seemed to have that instant chemistry when they first met. But Caleb has been turning into a more tragic character as the story progresses, so it might be too optimistic to think he and Jasmina will be together again. I can see them mending the friendship--just not sure about the romance.

2. I'm holding off on any major Tobias theories for now. I mean, I suspect he already knew Caleb before they "met," but as to who is or what his motives might be, I don't have any ideas yet.

3. I predict she'll end up with Alex. I think Caleb is headed for some sort of tragic ending.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest Thanks for the comment on my blog, I replied to you :)

At this point, I want to write another chapter, but I don't know what to write, lol. I'm torn between my original ending and a new one that involves Alex and a dark fate for him (no other spoilers) but both endings have one thing in common- a certain someone getting what they deserve for everything they've done. The new ending was planned to be an alternate ending, an idea that may or may not be written up. So, right now I'm rereading my last several chapters and trying to figure out where to go.
  • Options
    1. I agree. Caleb has gone too far down the tragic road for them making up romantically, but I don't think it's too late to mend their friendship.
    2. Hmm. Not sure about Tobias yet.
    3. I dont know who she'll end up with. I'm hoping Alex because he seems nice, but if this is anything like Dracula, it'll probs be Caleb. XD
  • Options
    Hi, according to the roster, I'm up this week.
    Because I'm on Haitus till March I'm going to use this as a chance to ask you all what you would like to see more of in Foes? And which direction would you like/think it will take?
  • Options
    Also, if you have any, some parenting tips for Halex?
    Alex thinks sticking a baby in the washing machine when it gets smelly is a good idea.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Alex thinks sticking a baby in the washing machine when it gets smelly is a good idea.

thsts not good don't do that. lol

i was lurking.
  • Options

i was lurking.

@friendsfan367 Good advice. I'll pass that onto Alex. :D
  • Options

i was lurking.

Just stick em in a playpen or something in the corner all day and play video games, ignoring them, lol. I don't like kids in RL, as you can probably tell, and happily child-free.
  • Options

i was lurking.

Just stick em in a playpen or something in the corner all day and play video games, ignoring them, lol. I don't like kids in RL, as you can probably tell, and happily child-free.

Alex likes that advice. hehe XD
    He's not a fan of kids either. :D
  • Options
    @katrinasforest Thanks for the comment on my blog, I replied to you :)

At this point, I want to write another chapter, but I don't know what to write, lol. I'm torn between my original ending and a new one that involves Alex and a dark fate for him (no other spoilers) but both endings have one thing in common- a certain someone getting what they deserve for everything they've done. The new ending was planned to be an alternate ending, an idea that may or may not be written up. So, right now I'm rereading my last several chapters and trying to figure out where to go.

My solution when I get in corners like that is just to write both and see which comes out better. It sounds like both endings will be satisfying, but the new one might be a more bittersweet ending. But as you said, you can always post one as an alternate. Looking forward to reading either way. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2019

That probably doesn't bode well for the whole parenting gig, then. ^_^

My best parenting advice would be, "You're rich. Hire a nanny."

As for where I want to the story to go, my curiosity is focused on what's going on with the Grim Reaper and the people who were trapped in the red room. I love the mystery behind that, and now that they're actually out, I want to know what happens next.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

That probably doesn't bode well for the whole parenting gig, then. ^_^

My best parenting advice would be, "You're rich. Hire a nanny."

As for where I want to the story to go, my curiosity is focused on what's going on with the Grim Reaper and the people who were trapped in the red room. I love the mystery behind that, and now that they're actually out, I want to know what happens next.

@katrinasforest Yeah. Pity it's his job as ruler to create an heir. :D He'll be going on a journey though.

tumblr_plcwawXUxE1x30lxro1_1280.png
    Alex: Meep!
    See? Proof he can be a fun daddy. XD

As for the people in the red room. Sorry for leaving you all on a cliffhanger like that. Out of curiosity, any of you figured out who the woman in red is?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @simscognito I'm curious as to how forced parenthood will change his view on life and the world, honestly. Some people aren't meant to/don't have the patience or desire to be parents.
  • Options
    @simscognito No clue who the lady in red is. With no better ideas, I'll say it's Bella Goth. ;) I think it would be an interesting twist if whoever it is was secretly working for Grim and was planted there to spy on everyone.

I'd forgotten that parenthood was a requirement for Alex. I don't suppose he can just interview some studious teenagers and declare one of them his heir? ^_^;;

In all seriousness, though, it sounds like he's got an interesting journey ahead of him. At the very least, he seems like the type of person who would keep his frustrations about the situation private and not burden his kid with them.
  • Options
    @simscognito I'm curious as to how forced parenthood will change his view on life and the world, honestly. Some people aren't meant to/don't have the patience or desire to be parents.

@NyteRose yeah, it is an interesting road to explore. I have to say, Alex doesn't take to it well in the beginning. He really did not develop those maternal/paternal instincts at all. Especially when his first born inherits his mental health issues he'd rather not have to address.
    And unfortunately the lack of maternal affection he has for his child effects them.
  • Options
    @simscognito No clue who the lady in red is. With no better ideas, I'll say it's Bella Goth. ;) I think it would be an interesting twist if whoever it is was secretly working for Grim and was planted there to spy on everyone.

I'd forgotten that parenthood was a requirement for Alex. I don't suppose he can just interview some studious teenagers and declare one of them his heir? ^_^;;

In all seriousness, though, it sounds like he's got an interesting journey ahead of him. At the very least, he seems like the type of person who would keep his frustrations about the situation private and not burden his kid with them.
    @katrinasforest hehe. We'll see. She actually has appeared in previous chapters, but you're not supposed to make the connections, especially in a first read through.

Here's a link to her first entrance. She appears at the end of this chapter. https://simscognito.weebly.com/latestchapteroffriendsoffoes/chapter-twenty-the-mission

Yeah, you're right. He does try to shelter his kid from most of the chaos.
  • Options

@katrinasforest hehe. We'll see. She actually has appeared in previous chapters, but you're not supposed to make the connections, especially in a first read through.

Here's a link to her first entrance. She appears at the end of this chapter. https://simscognito.weebly.com/latestchapteroffriendsoffoes/chapter-twenty-the-mission

Yeah, you're right. He does try to shelter his kid from most of the chaos.

Ah, okay.

Yeah, I totally missed that the first time around. But it's cool to see it now. I will be patient for the next update. ^_^
  • Options
    @katrinasforest @simscognito

Finally got around to reading to your answers to my questions and I have to respectfully disagree on #1. Caleb has royally, big-time screwed up several times (murdering Wylie, falling into drug/alcohol abuse, not being upfront with Jas about several important issues,) but he finally owned up to those mistakes and sought help (though with a stipulation of his own.) So he is trying to make amends for everything he's done, not that it makes what he's done right. Plus, Wylie was an abusive addict and Jas kept repeatedly giving him chances to clean up his act. So there may be a sliver of hope, just saying...
  • Options
    @NyteRose That's what I meant by calling him a tragic character. Someone who could take a better path but has a pattern of choosing the darker one. He's still responsible for his own actions, of course. Never meant to imply otherwise.

And of course there can always be a silver lining. My prediction is just that--a guess. I will enjoy the story just as much if it turns out I'm wrong.