Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Works for me. I'm trying to write out another chapter but my brain is fried lol
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Btw, is anyone writing anything for NaNoWriMo?
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    *raises hand* Oo! I'm doing NaNoWriMo! I'll be editing rather than writing from scratch, coverting hours to words. My username is KatrinasForest, if anyone wants to friend me.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited November 2018
    Not me. I'd rather get Stars finished, then I have Black Swan to do. Plus, if I did decide to do something, I work alone, no offense to anyone.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    *raises hand* Oo! I'm doing NaNoWriMo! I'll be editing rather than writing from scratch, coverting hours to words. My username is KatrinasForest, if anyone wants to friend me.

Sure I'll friend you xD Though I don't really take NaNoWriMo seriously and there'll be almost nothing on my profile. Still, it's good to know someone out there's doing actual writing work.
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Not me. I'd rather get Stars finished, then I have Black Swan to do. Plus, if I did decide to do something, I work alone, no offense to anyone.

Cool. NaNoWriMo's not a social activity anyway. I might be very quiet the next month, just a heads up.

The search function is giving me an error. I'll try again later, sorry xD
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone! How are you all? Sorry for being away. I'm going to absent for a couple of weeks more because of personal issues, but here's an update from Friends of Foes. :smiley:
    I'm back to weekly updates again. XD

Chapter forty six: Continuation
    chapter-forty-six-continuation_orig.png

I also promise to catch up on all your stories too.
    edited November 2018
    @simscognito Welcome back.
    You better catch up! :p j/k I know you're dealing with RL stuff.
    I'm working on Chapter 23 :)
    edited July 2020
    Chapter 23: Journey to Healing is now complete and posted. Enjoy.
    @NyteRose

Hooray! Finally caught up!

Thoughts on chapter 21:

Caleb getting Lilith to agree to help him stalk Jasmina was a little creepy. (Yes, I know, he said he just wanted to see her again. But she's made clear she doesn't want anything to do with him, so it definitely has some stalker vibes.)

I've never gotten a tattoo before, but I thought there was usually a consultation with the artist first, rather than just a walk-in sort of thing.

I guess Alex and Caleb had to figure each other out eventually, but I hope things don't get ugly!

Thoughts on chapter 22:
    That escalated quickly! Did Caleb use alluring visage or something? I feel like he must have, since he's feeling pretty guilty about pulling Alex away from Jasmina.

The line, "I wish I didn’t have to be so dramatic but..." was amusing.

Thoughts on chapter 23:
    Some intriguing stuff going on with Caleb right now. Curious as to how it plays out. And his letter was sweet. :)

I feel like there was a bit of inconsistency with Jasmina. She's not mad at Alex for sleeping with Caleb. But she was furious with Caleb for not mentioning he was bi, even though he was still seeing her exclusively at the time.

Maybe I shouldn't have assumed, but I thought Jasmina and Alex were exclusive. If you want them to have an open relationship, maybe it's something they should bring up when they agree to be bf/gf.

A general question--I know I tend to offer both positive and constructive feedback, but some writers like to keep just the positive stuff on their blogs. I'm happy to write blog comments, too, but let me know if you want the criticisms there too or if you'd prefer I stick to what I like and save suggestions for the forum.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited November 2018
    @katrinasforest
    Whatever you feel more comfortable with is fine with me :)

On the tattoo thing, I've never personally gotten one but I've gone to a couple different shops/studios with my husband who was looking to get another tattoo, and it's usually but not always custom work that there are consultations on. This really depends on the artist(s) whether there is a consultation or not.

Caleb was not using alluring visage or any vampire powers, just his looks and charm ;)
    Alex and Jas were not exclusive but were casually dating.

Hope this clears up a few things. :)
    @NyteRose Yep, clears up a lot. I think the speed of the relationship and Caleb's guilt was what threw me off. And I figured out the Alex and Jas thing eventually.

Sounds like you have more experience with tattoos than I do. I only have what I've read online while doing research for a story and what others have told me. I like the idea of getting one, though.
    @katrinasforest
    Personally, I'd love to get one but due to health issues/medication complications, hate of needles and practically no pain tolerance, I won't be getting it. But I love coming up with unique tattoo designs for characters (if they have them.) Can't decide whether I like Alex's or Caleb's tatts more LOL
    Hi everyone. Here's an update from Friends of Foes.

Chapter forty seven: The Weaponry
    chapter-chapter-forty-seven-the-weaponry_orig.png

Also, guess who's birthday is today? XD
    @simscognito Is it your birthday? If so, happy birthday! B)
    Almost done with Chapter 24.

Yep. XD

Yep. XD

Again, Happy Birthday Cog!! B)

Yep. XD

Again, Happy Birthday Cog!! B)

Thank you! XD
    And looking forward to catching up with everyone's stories.
    edited November 2018
    Deleted, the chapter is being reworked since I'm unhappy with the final product. It is not up up to my standards.
    edited July 2020
    The rewrite of Chapter 24:Beautiful Pain is now completed and published. This is what the original version of the chapter should've been. Slightly longer than usual. Enjoy, and thanks for reading.
    @simscognito Just so you don't think I've gone totally silent, I have been binge reading Friends of Foes. I'm up to chapter 30 now. I super appreciate the character lists and family trees on your website. I struggle with keeping characters straight, even when writers are very good with giving them distinct personalities. It's just a weak point for me. ^_^;;

So far, I'm loving the balance you strike with the tone, between serious and humorous, and the ongoing feud keeps me guessing about what's going to happen next. The screencaps are really well done, too.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be caught up soon. I do have the next chapter of my fic ready, but I want to finish reading your stuff first before posting it here.
    @simscognito Just finished the latest chapter. Wow... I'm glad it was posted while I was reading so I didn't end on the massive cliffhanger that was chapter 48.

The scene with Alex learning the guitar was really sweet. Feels like one of those memories that would really stick with a person, especially in a gorgeous setting like that.

It seems Luna is the first member of Alex's family to actually try meeting Henry, talking to him, and trying to gauge for herself if he's secretly plotting to murder her grandson. ^_^;; Not unbelievable, given the tension between the families, but a part of me was thinking, "Finally! Go, Luna!"

I know this is small part of the plot, but I love how the dogs have their own thoughts, which are constantly centered on, "How can I get more attention?"

Anyway, I'll be able to comment chapter by chapter now with everyone else. @NyteRose, I got a few chapters behind on your story, but I'm catching up there next.

And, finally, here's the latest chapter of Newcrest Rising: http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2018/11/24/newcrest-rising-chapter-2/

Good to be back. :)