Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

1313233343537...Next

Comments

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @simscognito @katrinasforest @Firande @rainbowwithfangs Happy New Year everyone :)
    Tomorrow (January 2) is the second anniversary of Stars and the Sun. So on that note (I posted this in Star's forum thread and on my Tumblr too...)

I’m working on updates for my SimLit, Stars and the Sun. A severe case of the flu has slowed me down, but I try to work on the updates when I have the energy, and I will release the new chapter within one or two weeks. However, this could be longer or shorter depending on how I am feeling.

So if you all would rather read this (Bloodline is going nowhere fast, and in all honesty, I can't really write it without finishing Stars first and adding a lot of plot holes/inconsistencies) I'm more than happy to swap stories if that's cool with everybody :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    Special thanks to @simscognito for the editing work :)

Happy Second Anniversary to Stars and the Sun!
    49317842186_1eff5ecdf6.jpg
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2020
    @NyteRose Happy anniversary to Stars and the Sun! Hope you're feeling better. Being sick over the holidays is the worst. (I've got a finally-healthy child over here who could totally attest to that...fever came back and lingered right up to Christmas Day. >.< )

And a happy 2020 to everyone! Guess I'm the only one without mermaids in the group now, huh? I'm going to have to stick one in there for no reason whatsover. ^_^;;

@Firande Loved your New Year's special! The scene with Calder confessing his love--sorry, confessing his "like-like" was too adorable. :)

@simscognito I'm so off track with everything. Are we spotlighting @rainbowwithfangs this week?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited January 2020
    @NyteRose Happy anniversary to Stars and the Sun! Hope you're feeling better. Being sick over the holidays is the worst. (I've got a finally-healthy child over here who could totally attest to that...fever came back and lingered right up to Christmas Day. >.< )

And a happy 2020 to everyone! Guess I'm the only one without mermaids in the group now, huh? I'm going to have to stick one in there for no reason whatsover. ^_^;;

Firande Loved your New Year's special! The scene with Calder confessing his love--sorry, confessing his "like-like" was too adorable. :)

simscognito I'm so off track with everything. Are we spotlighting @rainbowwithfangs this week?
    @katrinasforest I have no idea. Rl has kinda taken over recently. But I think it must be.
  • Options
  • Options
    @simscognito I think it's @katrinasforest 's week up if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    I do have a new chapter ready, but unless I really missed something, we haven't discussed @rainbowwithfangs 's story at all yet.

Here's Chapter 25 for anyone who would like to read it:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/01/03/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-25/
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    @NyteRose Oh no! I hope you feel better.

@simscognito I'm all caught up on your story. Love it!

I'm starting @NyteRose 's next.

Sorry I've MIA lately. I'm heading into my second week of doctor ordered bed rest because of my back. I've been working on my 2nd chapter and I'm about 75% done with it.

I hope y'all are doing well!
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    I gave my mermaid Jasmina a makeover and am playing her in a new save (and eventually Caleb gets a new merman makeover, but I'm taking it slow with their relationship this go-round. He's a vampire currently. Lilith doesn't like her though, as usual, lmao.)

Jasmina
    49345251056_f606bcfdf0.jpg
    49345249206_7d1a217d5f.jpg

With Caleb
    49345514027_8fdb210891.jpg
    49345234861_513650e569.jpg

The update for Stars is still in the works, I had a minor relapse of the flu and things got pushed back a little.
  • Options
    Hey y'all! Chapter Two is now available.

Chapter Two: Weathering the Storm
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    @simscognito @katrinasforest @Firande @rainbowwithfangs

Merman Caleb, anyone? ;)
    Closeup
    49357114081_f241e1aaf7.jpg

Fullbody Shot
    49357318287_f07a25849b.jpg

I'm on a mermaid/merman kick, lol. I'll put up some posed shots when I take some later...
  • Options
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter ninety three: Grief
    chapter-ninety-three-grief-orig_orig.jpg

Sorry I've been away. I'm currently dealing with some personal issues. I hope to be more active in a couple of months.

@NyteRose He looks so handsome!
  • Options
    @simscognito Thank you! I thought the silvery-gray/orange tail would look good with his skin tone, scale details, and necklace.
    @katrinasforest @Firande @rainbowwithfangs Here are those posed shots I promised... :)

49362513743_88e2b13ebb.jpg
    49362976441_e488a4422c.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 32: Goodbye Doesn't Mean I'm Gone Pt. 2 of Stars and the Sun is now posted! Please see my blog for the update. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @simscognito @katrinasforest @Firande @rainbowwithfangs
    One more step closer to mastering couple poses woo!
    49385408307_f89ae1e441.jpg
    49385209196_9c6b25a7fe.jpg

A special photoshoot is in the works, I'm just trying to find the perfect lot. Updates for Stars and the Sun and Bloodline are also being worked on, but there are no timeframes for when they will be completed. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @simscognito @katrinasforest @rainbowwithfangs @Firande
    The special photoshoot is done and posted. Enjoy :)
    Rococo Dance
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • Options
    @NyteRose Oh, my gosh! Those outfits are amazing! And they worked with the poses you chose really well. The whole atmosphere is amazing. :)

@simscognito I'm sorry to hear things are rough, and I hope everything turns around soon. Take as much time as you need!

@rainbowwithfangs, are you up for chatting about your story this week? I know we just had an off week, so we should definitely chat about someone's, but I don't want to add more to your plate if you're still recovering.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest Thank you :) "Rococo Dance" is my favorite shoot out all the ones I've done.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest Sure! I'm back to normal now; just trying to get caught up on Chapter 3. :#
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    For personal reasons Friends of Foes is going on an indefinite hiatus.
    And I'm going to be leaving the reading circle for now and maybe forever. For the person who'd like to take over, feel free to set up another forum thread.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this, @simscognito! I can jump in and start a new thread. You're welcome to take back the reins anytime. We're thinking of you. Hope everything settles soon.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this, @simscognito! I can jump in and start a new thread. You're welcome to take back the reins anytime. We're thinking of you. Hope everything settles soon.

That'd be awesome! If you're not up for it, I can do it too... but I definitely would personally like it if the rest of us went on with this reading circle. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    @Firande I'm good, but thanks for offering. New thread is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971406/phantasmal-reading-circle-iii-newness-returns

I'm just usually slower to reply on weekends due to the kids being home. :D
  • Options
    @katrinasforest , so this is all totally new to me. Can you explain how this works?
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    @rainbowwithfangs Sure! I'm gonna answer in the new thread, though, just so we don't keep reviving this old one:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17374307/#Comment_17374307

See you over there! :)