Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most suitable world for a farmer

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    He will have a horse at one point is the plan. I really want it to become an all round farm in that respect. Very much appreciate the examples of your farms by the way, for inspiration. Especially since I’m not going to build it at once, so it’s wise to have some sort of plan.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MineWarsMineWars Posts: 16 Member
    Riverview, because...
    Riverview is my default but Farming in Lucky Palm could be interesting
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Riverview, because...
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    He will have a horse at one point is the plan. I really want it to become an all round farm in that respect. Very much appreciate the examples of your farms by the way, for inspiration. Especially since I’m not going to build it at once, so it’s wise to have some sort of plan.

One of my first games in Riverview I built a barn with small living quarters above on a big lot over in the farming section for a family of a mother and daughter. (I think it was the one with the hippy couple. I moved them, lot and all to a newly created lot down the road.) When the mother passed on and the daughter got more money I built a big house in the spot I left open for it and moved a ranch hand into the quarters above the barn. The main house had a bedroom and bath downstairs and at first the upstairs was just one big empty space. After the daughter married the ranch hand and they started having children that space got divided into bedrooms, etc. Hope you have a s much fun with your game as I did in mine. :)
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm ashamed to say the lad is still a kid (I play way too little...), but his mom's generation is reaching its end now and I'm leaning toward Appaloosa Plains as well. I need a 60x60 (or 64x64) lot and I won't hesitate to bulldoze one if there is no empty one available.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Riverview, because...
    @JoAnne65 There's an empty lot on the lower side of the town, close to the Equestrian Center and, if I'm not mistaken, across from The Madison (empty house), the Festival Lot and next to the Bedlington Family.

It's at 1007 Pomona Promenade (64x64). (The link has nos pictures of the lot, but a list of the empty lots in town).

I'm curious as to how he'll settle down.
    Reading this thread again, I felt like creating a French-style Riverview just like @PalmArrow did. XD
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Appaloosa Plains, because...

They are all great towns but I just think Appaloosa Plains seems the most like a farming town. It's really up to you though.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    For me it was a toss up between Riverview and Appaloosa Plains, but I ultimately went with AP because...that world just screams farming and ranching to me. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @JoAnne65 There's an empty lot on the lower side of the town, close to the Equestrian Center and, if I'm not mistaken, across from The Madison (empty house), the Festival Lot and next to the Bedlington Family.

It's at 1007 Pomona Promenade (64x64). (The link has nos pictures of the lot, but a list of the empty lots in town).

I'm curious as to how he'll settle down.
    Reading this thread again, I felt like creating a French-style Riverview just like @PalmArrow did. XD
    Thanks!

And thanks all :blush: Reviving this topic makes me want to pick up his generation!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2019
    Other (‘how could you forget that one!’), because...
    I chose "Other" because I agree with some of the choices you listed, but also think there are other EA worlds you can also consider.

From your picks:
    1. Barnacle Bay - Plenty of space for farming and has a nice colonial feel to it.
    2. Riverview - I love the Townies here and has plenty of space for large lots for farming.
    3. Apaloosa Plains - It's so flat! Plenty of farming lots to choose from and you can also add more.

Others for consideration:
    1. Monte Vista - Not just for growing wine grapes, but regular farming too and has a nice Italian touch to it.
    2. Dragon Valley - Farming set in fantasy or medieval times!

I also love the suggestion by Ciane - France would also make a wonderful place for farming!

EDIT: Yikes! Just read the rest of the thread and you already addressed all the items on my list!
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    None of the above - there are just too many custom worlds that are so much better then EA worlds.
    http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3-category/worlds/?filter_world-environment=farms&query_type_world-environment=or - to name just a few.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Thanks both :smiley:
    Yes, Riverview and Monte Vista would indeed be an option, but I’d like something different and those two worlds I know very well already. Barnacle Bay wouldn’t be my first choice, but I think it’s wise if I make him visit several worlds first (I’m going to install Traveler once I start playing his generation) and check out the worlds that seem less attractive to me. I once thought I didn’t like Bridgeport either and now I list it as one of my favourites.

As for custom worlds, I never played in one, but also that is an option I should explore. Thanks for that link!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited February 2019
    There's a 50x50 lot in Apaloosa Plains called Six Gable Stables with a large farm house, a barn and a horse training arena already set up. I don't usually bother with horses so I wipe out the horse related stuff which leaves a ton of room for large scale farming. I have the dairy cow and chickens and there is plenty of room for them also. It's priced from about 90k - 130k.
  • Options
    Thanks. I do want to build it myself so I’d bulldoze it anyway. The plan is he will have hardly any money, so it will start of as a huge piece of land with just one shed/cabin. But maybe I can actually use the horse training arena, because there will be a horse.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Yes, Riverview and Monte Vista would indeed be an option, but I’d like something different and those two worlds I know very well already. Barnacle Bay wouldn’t be my first choice, but I think it’s wise if I make him visit several worlds first (I’m going to install Traveler once I start playing his generation) and check out the worlds that seem less attractive to me. I once thought I didn’t like Bridgeport either and now I list it as one of my favourites.

As for custom worlds, I never played in one, but also that is an option I should explore. Thanks for that link!

Barnacle Bay is one of my favorite worlds, but "lots of space" are not words I would use to describe it. If you check out my studio, I have a bunch of BB themed houses, families and commercial lots. I put the grocery store, bookstore and bistro on one lot, and the day spa and police station on another. I've been looking at the different schools and hospitals, trying to find ones that will both fit on one lot as well.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Riverview, because...
    Riverview IS the country world. It's a no brainer for me, except if you want some drama. Try Bridgeport then. Hehe.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Hejix wrote: »
    Riverview IS the country world. It's a no brainer for me, except if you want some drama. Try Bridgeport then. Hehe.
    It definitely is, but I already played five generations there, I know that world inside out ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member

You should I have tons of farming worlds I love to play, I will link them tonight for you to look at.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    It definitely is, but I already played five generations there, I know that world inside out ;)

Well, there you go then. He can move to Bridgeport and be the locally sourced, organically grown, non-GMO farmer and sell lettuce for 20 bucks a head. ;)

I've just been working on a new save of Bridgeport, for my Josie and the Pussycats tribute band to move to. I've still never been able to get a band going in any other town, and I thought I'd give it another shot in BP. With ellacharmed fixed BP, maybe I'll actually be able to play in it this time.
  • Options
    aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    I voted for appaloosa, but would go equally with river view. In my opinion, they're really good for different situations. If you want a country, full of animals place go with appaloosa. But if you're more thinking about a quiet, green town i'd go with riverview.
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • Options

You should I have tons of farming worlds I love to play, I will link them tonight for you to look at.
    Since I’m completely ignorant where it comes to custom worlds I’d really appreciate that (especially suitable worlds for this goal).

@bklienhart I’ve considered Bridgeport, but for me BP’s main charm is the city. Which is why I’m really looking forward to installing Traveller, which will allow him to go there whenever he wants.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    If you want a complete "farming" world try this - Yoder's Glen - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/686524/worlds-by-cathrynmc
    More screens here (scroll to the spoiler tab from starguru) - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14578858#Comment_14578858
    It's just so pleasant and cute! So very rural. (It comes with some sims to get you started. I use Master Controller to annihilate sims included with worlds.)

Once you try some custom worlds I guarantee you won't want to stop downloading them :smile:
    I don't understand why people "fear" custom content and mods that make the game so much more enjoyable.
    And most creators of worlds don't just throw something together in a week or two....many take months or even years to complete. I think if you download their work you are letting them know that you appreciate all the time they spent on their creations.

And if you don't enjoy the world - well, just uninstall it. Read the fine print, they let you know of any custom content that is included. And even if they don't you can get a sims3pack cleaner and take out what you don't want - BEFORE you install it.
  • Options
    @KatyFernlily Thanks! I’ll check them out this afternoon when on my PC (instead of my tablet).

As for playing in custom worlds or using mods, it’s not the creators I don’t ‘trust’, it’s the fact they developed Sims 3 in a way that makes it mod unfriendly. So I’m really easy on the mods (I have the ones I really want now, all from NRaas, except for Traveler which is waiting in a folder till I install it for my next generation) and CC. Must add that EA came with so many worlds I just happen to love, that I never missed custom worlds so far. Which might be a case of ignorance is bliss ;) I opened up to mods about three years ago, now it’s time to open up for custom worlds ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Other (‘how could you forget that one!’), because...
    +1 Evansdale County
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpKnHRAGfso
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Riverview, because...
    @KatyFernlily , thank you for the link to Yoder's Glen - it looks fantastic, and the creator also has a tropical island world with explorable tombs inspired by Lost, which sounds awesome!