Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you all deal with unwanted visitors?(including paparazzi)(Sims 3 only)

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
I am tired of random sims(and they aren't even paparazzi) showing up at my doorsteps at 3:30 in the morning.
Normally I ask them to leave, but I no longer get the "Ask to leave" option, so I either feed them to a cowplant XD or reset.How about you?
Post edited by GraceyManor on

How do you all deal with unwanted visitors?(including paparazzi)(Sims 3 only) 44 votes

Invite them inside
0%
Ignore them and let them stomp their feet
20%
Emily4331carlystur03monjr8302Sonata13Singerannaliese39jordandsimlotteSaintcSatanu_Reeves 9 votes
Buy a cow plant and turn them into plant food
2%
GraceyManor 1 vote
Ask them to leave
11%
Sigzy05RedShoe7pinneduphairSimTresaChelsPlaySims 5 votes
Reset them
18%
SimplyJenIreneSwiftSindocatBreazonaLinamintsButtersimsPlainevilpuzzlezaddict 8 votes
Other: Explain
47%
Parydreamerz13ApparentlyAwesomeMikezumiJoAnne65cwaddelljillbgAlexaKryBettyboop55LunBeautyTadOlsonTreyNutzthuggishsplicerMoonandStars83lowpolygalWaterdragonClarionOfJoyStormsviewNikkei_SimmerAuroraskies 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't have paparazzi because I turn them off with Register. Not that it matters since I never play celebrities so they probably wouldn't bother my family anyway.
    I was going to choose "Ignore them and let them stomp their feet" but mine don't stomp their feet. They are usually fishing in the family pond or shooting hoops and since I populate all my saves they are friends or family and are more than welcome to use what's in the yard. They tend to leave when they have had enough and I never have to ask them to leave.
    I do on occasion invite someone in if they are related or romantic interests with one of my sims.
  • Options
    The people coming to my house are never related or friends like this little girl just came and rang my doorbell at 3:30 in the morning and then stomped her feet cause she couldn’t access my bathroom lol the game ended up marking her as unroutable
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I turn off paparazzi with Register and I don't get that many unwanted visitors. The ones that come to mind is the paper boy and the mail carrier, dressed in their swim suit, stomping their foot 'cause they can't get to the swimming pool in the fenced back yard. In that case I ignore them. They eventually go away. In the case of invited guests outstaying their welcome, my sim asks them to leave.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I ignore them mostly and just pretend they're my sim's stalker. :lol:
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I mostly just ignore them. Haven't had much of a chance to play lately so I haven't tested it but I'm curious if the Ninja Vanish potion from generations chemistry set can be used against them, either by tossing it or mixing it in a drink.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I don't think my sims get visitors that often. Paparazzis are the ones that are mostly in my sims home and with them I put a fence and lock it so they don't get that near to the main house and because the lot is big they don't bother me no matter how much they whine about being hungry or burning to death :kissing:
    With townies I mostly ignore them, unless I'm interested in them in some way :smile:

There was a time when I would use the cowplant with this mod... but then dealing with the gravestones was more bothersome than dealing with the living paparazzis :lol:
    I would register out of my town... but I actually kind of like them, they always amuse me :kiss:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    For paparazzi and especially annoying visitors:
    https://youtu.be/pDI8H_Mb9gc
    Yeah...lots of fun...

Occasionally the bees get some exercise too.
    Screenshot-53.jpg

They may or may not be liars, but it's for certain their "pants are on fire".
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg

Makes an interesting side-diversion from playing the game. >:)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I use that gate for celebrities when my celeb sims earn enough money and even sometimes when I don't have celeb sims. I just like for my sims to have their privacy. Unfortunatley, I almost always forget about the paper or the mail when I do that. :lol:

It's rare for me to get random sims showing up at unusual times unless they're aliens. Aliens will stick around outside that gate for hours. I do sometimes have visitors that won't leave so I either ask them to leave or reset them because they'll just nap on the couch or in a lounge chair then watch TV all night while eating food from the fridge. Depending on their friendship with my sim(s) I'll sometimes allow it.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I don't use the celebrity system, and then disable paparazzi with NRaas Register anyways. I rarely get random sims coming to the door. I remember this use to happen when I first started playing. Maybe one of my mods has cut down on this behavior. If I did, I'd use NRaas MasterController's Go Home command to send the sim back home.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    There’s never anybody on my doorsteps at 3.30AM. I have the celebrity system disabled so no paparazzi. Back in the day when I did they drove me mad at times, but more than using a genie to banish them (it’s no use, they’ll just return after the time it takes them to travel back :D ) I’ve never done.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I relook them and use them on my pics as background people :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Love all these responses lol.
    Normally I just go and ask them to leave, but that option is missng.
    I always get random sims visiting me and most of the time they aren't paparazzi, their just random sims, even kids.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I usually ignore them or ask them to leave if they don't leave soon enough. I don't seem to get as many as I used to though, at least with my noncelebs. My infamous vampire sometimes uses paparazzi for a quick snack.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    It really depends on what they're doing. If it's a paparazzi or some rando who stops by and isn't really bothering people, I tend to let them be unless they're there for days on end, at which point I reset them (or if they're a service Sim, I dismiss them).

If it's a peeping tom or a paparazzi who makes a nuisance of themselves, then the wrath of the Watcher comes down upon them and I use a mod to make sure they never bother anyone again.

Perhaps during my upcoming hiatus I'll finally sit down and try to learn to code so I can create my death potion.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I actually don´t get that many random visitors - I disabled the celebrity system and other than the occasional uninvited party guest there are non. Sometimes the zombies linger around a big after they turn back, but they leave pretty soon.

Back when I was playing a celebrity I provided the paparazzi with a rocking chair and even an outhouse (that one all-in-one bathroom that looks a bit rustic) after one of them peed on the doorstep. I also had a vampire in that household that used to snack on them from time to time. I remember one of them catching on fire one fine summer day, but one of my sims put him out.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't mind random Townies visiting so I let them in. Paparazzi is disabled with NRaas Register. I hadn't anticipated aliens though and when they first started abducting my sims, I didn't mind at first but they kept coming back! So I finally locked all the doors from anyone coming in or out (including my own so that they wouldn't go out of the house) and that stopped the aliens from coming back. I think they took the hint, lol!

Also lol about the cowplant! I will have them guard my house the next time!
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    I relook them and use them on my pics as background people :)

@jillbg I totally do that as well!
    Since I have the celebrity system off for ages, they rarely bother me. Sometimes they crash into my parties and that upsets me a little.

Whenever visitors stay too long, I ask them to leave.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @thuggishsplicer Right, I've got it turned off, too... :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Depends on what else I'm doing at the time. Since 99% of the time these nuisances pop up as I'm staging screenshots I most often do what you're not supposed to do and just delete them with the TCE cheat. If I'm feeling fancy and proper I'll at least annihilate them with master controller.

If I'm not worried about the screenshot sometimes I'll just go harass them. Turn them into a toad or make my sims fight with them hoping they'll be mad enough to leave.

Sometimes I just need to let the game do it's own thing. I've had paparazzi freeze in the cold. I had one who insisted on standing right beside my sims patio when it was just engulfed in flames. I just let it be. I was very strongly hoping he'd perish. Alas he did not. I was very displeased.

I'm pretty sure I've TRIED to start a fire around some of these unwanted guests.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I used to build fences with lockable gates until I had a member of the paparazzi starve to death outside the front gates. Then I was stuck with the ghost :) These days I keep resetting the sim. It is tiresome to do but at least I don't have them continually lurking outside.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    It was interesting to read what everyone else does. To be honest, I haven't heard of NRaas Register (I'll have to look that up). I always use the "Celebrity Home" lot trait, and that seems to keep random people from wandering on my lot and in my home. Once, I forgot to add that trait, and my pool was full of strangers when I came home! I noticed random sims and paparazzi will gather on the sidewalk once in a while, but I just ignore them.
  • Options
    @Amuni50
    Hi, Lot traits only come with The Sims 4.We're speaking of the Sims 3, and the NRAAS Register mod is for Sims 3, so make sure not to install it to your sims 4 game.
  • Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    > @GraceyManor said:
    > @Amuni50
    > Hi, Lot traits only come with The Sims 4.We're speaking of the Sims 3, and the NRAAS Register mod is for Sims 3, so make sure not to install it to your sims 4 game.

Oops, I'm so sorry about that *blush*
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Reset them
    A cheat console reset is so quick and efficient, and my sims don't have to drop what they're doing just to tell someone to scram. Plus, some of the offending sims are my sims' friends, and I don't want to get rid of them forever, I just want them gone now.

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get them to stay away, though. For example, the father of... at least one of these kids... kept trying to come over and put them in their cribs. Even after I put up a fence and locked him out of the backyard, he still showed up at least twice a night, yelling about how he couldn't get in. I have no idea what he was so upset about.
    dyz7YcQ.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think this is rather new, even though it used to happen but rarely.
    This just happened to one of my new Single Sims. Because I like the Sims that came in I did nothing.
    If it has been an unknown townie I would have been annoyed.

1)Just lock our entrance door.
    2)Get an aggressive dog.
    3)Be mean and start a fight then you could ask them to leave.
    4)If you have a butler you can ask the butler to dismiss all visitors.
    6)You could annoy them, with extream flirting.
    7)Just keep talking to them none stop, then you will get the choice to pester them.
    8)put your computer away.
    9)You could just make friends.
    10) Just take them for a ride and leave them anyplace. Maybe a Sims home that you do not like.

This happened to my Sim in Newcrest, she was new and not at all famous. Could this replace the welcome wagon?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor