Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you all deal with unwanted visitors?(including paparazzi)(Sims 3 only)

2...Next

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited February 2019
    Buy a cow plant and turn them into plant food
    Stormsview wrote: »

I think this is rather new, even though it used to happen but rarely.
    This just happened to one of my new Single Sims. Because I like the Sims that came in I did nothing.
    If it has been an unknown townie I would have been annoyed.

1)Just lock our entrance door.
    2)Get an aggressive dog.
    3)Be mean and start a fight then you could ask them to leave.
    4)If you have a butler you can ask the butler to dismiss all visitors.
    6)You could annoy them, with extream flirting.
    7)Just keep talking to them none stop, then you will get the choice to pester them.
    8)put your computer away.
    9)You could just make friends.
    10) Just take them for a ride and leave them anyplace. Maybe a Sims home that you do not like.

This happened to my Sim in Newcrest, she was new and not at all famous. Could this replace the welcome wagon?

I think the welcome wagon is sims 4 and I absolutely find it annoying lol and then they get mad if I don’t make them food lol
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    There is a welcome wagon in TS3 also but it's not nearly as intrusive or annoying from the sound of it. A couple of town residents come over to welcome a newly arrived actively being played household (not at 3am) and if I recall correctly they might bring food, not expect to be fed. It's easy to miss, especially if you send your sims off the lot near the beginning of the game as one might to buy groceries, books, apply for a job if not using mods to manage those, just look around, etc. If no one is home when the welcome committee is scheduled to arrive, then it just doesn't happen unlike the Uni Mascot and the Time Portal showing up -- those can be much more annoying.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor
    Interesting, I never had it happen even when my sims are home.But distinctly remember it in the sims 4(unless it is the sims 3?) where about 5 people come over and they get real snarky and say "I guess we're not welcomed here." If you don't answer.It was rather annoying.

Ugh, I hate the mascot, he's super annoying.The time portal I just sell it lol.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Other: Explain

I must defend my Sims 4 welcome wagon. When I said maybe the unwelcome visitor may be the new welcome wagon, I was joking.

Sims 4 does have a welcome wagon, a few neighbors come and knock at your door, they do not come in unless they are invited, and they do bring a fruitcake.
    Now I remember the fruitcake use to be a good thing when you had little or nothing to eat you could live off that for a few days. Sometimes the neighbors would eat a pice too.

Then it changed now if your Sims eat that fruitcake they get sick or think its uck. But the Neighbors are nice and mostly polite if you let them in quickly, if you do not they get upset and say That they must not be wanted here. I do not think they hold a grudge.

This Thread is about the Sims that come in your home uninvited, and they do not knock, then make themselves at home, mostly with your computer.
    Sometimes I think they send Sims to do this to start Drama. She is single, he is Married.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I just use Nraas Register to disable them. I tend not to have celebrities in my game unless I'm playing a world like Bridgeport or Starlight Shores, which is rare. Believe it or not, disabling certain NPCs has really helped cut down on the lag in my game. I've even started using register to disable strays. My game runs so much smoother now.

In one of my older sims, I ended up giving a huge make-over to one of the paparazzi sims in Isla Paradiso and he married into the household I was playing at the time. He became one of my favorite spouses and helped produce two beautiful girls. :)
    edited February 2019
    @Stormsview
    My issue isn't with them coming inside unvited persay,
    Its just them coming and ringing my doorbells at all hours of the night.3:30 in the morning and a 9 yr old kid came and rang the doorbell.Like seriously, what would a 9 yr old need from a bunch of strange sims at 3:30 am XD Scratch that, my real question: Who would let their kid wander about like that at that hour.

don't like or play the sims 4 anymore, but I recall the
    welcome wagon and it was the most annoying feature in the game, and they got so moody if you didn't answer the door.
    (And yuck fruitcake XD I hate when people give me fruitcake irl." lol
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Fruitcakes make good doorstops, if you let them sit out long enough. :D Or did they not program that function into TS4. :tongue:

Yeah...TS3, the welcome wagon never brings over anything. Darn it. :D I mean, if they're going to show up at my Sim's front doorstep, at least they could bring food. :tongue:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Fruitcakes make good doorstops, if you let them sit out long enough. :D Or did they not program that function into TS4. :tongue:

Yeah...TS3, the welcome wagon never brings over anything. Darn it. :D I mean, if they're going to show up at my Sim's front doorstep, at least they could bring food. :tongue:

Exactly.It should be Chocolate pudding though.
    1d9e857b76e3e464f348b8e2353eb2d7--random-things-random-stuff.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Chocolate pudding does not make a good doorstop. Don't ask me how I know this, just trust me on this one. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Pudding doesn't work too well because it generally tends to have the consistency of... ~clamps hand over mouth~ sorry, nearly said a bad word there. :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Stormsview
    My issue isn't with them coming inside unvited persay,
    Its just them coming and ringing my doorbells at all hours of the night.3:30 in the morning and a 9 yr old kid came and rang the doorbell.Like seriously, what would a 9 yr old need from a bunch of strange sims at 3:30 am XD Scratch that, my real question: Who would let their kid wander about like that at that hour.

don't like or play the sims 4 anymore, but I recall the
    welcome wagon and it was the most annoying feature in the game, and they got so moody if you didn't answer the door.
    (And yuck fruitcake XD I hate when people give me fruitcake irl." lol

I do not think we have doorbells in Sims 4.

And that is strange that a child would come over at that hour. Now a Vampire would come at that hour. then beware lol. I have seen kids come knock when I first started playing again but she knocked it was daylight.
    kids use to walk around at night, but I do not see that anymore When I asked EA about that they said its a Safe neighborhood.

I hope they are giving us doorbells if we have them I did not know about that I only get the option to knock. Was it, Alexa 🤔

One reason you may like the welcome wagon, It's a quick way to make friends. to meet someone because you are new in the neighboorhood.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

Oh, this is Sims 3 you're talking about lol, I do like that walkway, I hope we get that one.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't have the Celeb system turned on in my game, and I get rid of all annoying NPC's with register, like paparazzi, so I don't see them. Sometimes the welcome wagon that come to visit are nice, but occasionally you get a sim that acts like an utter tosspot, so when that happens I usually make them leave, or, depending on the severity of their annoyance, I use MC to give them a death of my choice.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    It depends who the unwanted visitor is. If it is a friend or family member I either let them in or I let them play in my garden. Sometimes they find a way into the house (don´t ask me how, I don´t have a clue), but I really don´t care then!
    A bit different I react if I´ll throw a party and the unwanted visitor is someone who is hated by one of my actives or if I want to shoot some pictures and the visitor is wearing maladjusted clothes and would ruin the pics. Then, if I need them in the town, I´ll ask them to leave or I send them home via MC and kill them on their way home, because I made the experience that they sometimes come back!
    And @Nikkei_Simmer @igazor : you could use plum pudding as a door stopper! B)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It usually depends on what's happening in my games and what theme I'm playing on how I handle the paparazzi.I have celebrities disabled in my story progression settings and Modded the paparazzi out with other annoying NPC's and use another Mod to remove the CPS social workers from my game so my saves don't keep getting corrupted by them taking children away.I've got most of the NPCs disabled in NRaas Register for my apcoalypse challenge and my 100 baby challenge because the towns in those games are very new and not very populated.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Stormsview wrote: »

Oh, this is Sims 3 you're talking about lol, I do like that walkway, I hope we get that one.

Yes this is the sims 3.Did I accidentally put this in Sims 4? :open_mouth: I need to have this moved then.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited February 2019
    Reset them
    Paparazzi are usually turned off via NRaas: Register in my game but any sim outside of the household who bother me/get in the way will be swiftly reset. :p

@GraceyManor You posted this in the right place... It's just often people click on Discussions at the top that takes them to 'Recent Discussions' displaying threads from all different categories... Some assume any thread they click on is about S4 so thus the confusion here and there.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Paparazzi are usually turned off via NRaas: Register in my game but any sim outside of the household who bother me/get in the way will be swiftly reset. :p

@GraceyManor You posted this in the right place... It's just often people click on Discussions at the top that takes them to 'Recent Discussions' displaying threads from all different categories... Some assume any thread they click on is about S4 so thus the confusion here and there.

I thought I did, but I've known to have a dumb moment here and there.xD its been a long week.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited February 2019
    In my game in Aurora Skies my sim had a small lot with no house, just a couple of interesting interactive objects; and spent the rest of the time at the neighbors. I had enabled the celebrity system just for fun and placed the Door Of Life And Death on the lot - paparazzi's are drawned to it like flies and usually swatted by Grim when disturbing them with their annoying questions. And my sim, although usually very friendly and on best terms with all the townies, did behave like Björk when it came to nosy neighbors; very much encouraged by me and highly entertaining.

In another save a family with a teen had a big celebrity fence and once during a 'parents free vacation' and subsequent teen party the paparazzi's hanging outside just kept dying, they quickly caught on fire all three of them, one after the other - it was an awesome party. After that I disabled the celebrity system. Oh I forgot to say! The graves were still there and there were other paparazzis turning into zombies on full moon and all were howling and shuffling outside the gate - amazing game. Edit: Oh my, I am telling this all the wrong way, I remember what happened now: I had opened the gate because they started to smoke but it was too late and Grim came for one of them, but had a routing error in the doorway with another paparazzi that ended with that one dying too and the gate was still open when the moon showed up but zombies don't attack children anyway so I think they just joined the party - they already know the dance. I can’t stop laughing thinking about it now.

Other visitors are always welcome and can do what they want.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on