Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy A Farming EP

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes. I need farms in my game no matter what it comes with.
    Absolutely! Especially if it came with horses.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’m a big fan of Stardew Valley, so a farming pack would be right up my alley.
  • Options
    Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    Loved the horses in sims 3 hope they would be in the pack
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would love to have a farming pack, I hope it comes with a large world, farm animals and more crops!
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Maybe. But only if it comes with...
    Horses.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I've never had a farming pack, never knew sims exsisted until my brother got me sims3 for the wii, so didn't know there was sims1 and 2, so yes it would be nice to have a farming pack, abtw, where can I find sims1 and 2?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    Depends on what was in it - just saying farming means little to me when we already have things like gardening, green houses, fake livestock (sheep in the hill etc) - what will be in that farming game - really? Never mind so many way too small lots. Farms need big lots to get enjoyment out of them for my game style. My Sims 3 farms lot are always at least 50 by 50 or bigger and I like lots of farms and ranches.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Depends on what was in it - just saying farming means little to me when we already have things like gardening, green houses, fake livestock (sheep in the hill etc) - what will be in that farming game - really? Never mind so many way too small lots. Farms need big lots to get enjoyment out of them for my game style. My Sims 3 farms lot are always at least 50 by 50 or bigger and I like lots of farms and ranches.

As an EP, I'd imagine it would come with a new world with several large lots to create farms.

As to what might be included, animals from which you could harvest eggs, milk, and wool seems likely. Perhaps horses.

Other than that, ideas which have been thrown around include hobbies such as nector making, canning, sewing, butter and cheese making, and pretty much anything else that let's you produce your own goods.

Other ideas include living off the grid which may include alternative ways to get electricity and water (solar panels and wells), a farmer's market where you could barter or sell the things you make, and more harvestables such as pumpkins, corn, and grains you could turn to flour.

Of course there's no guarantee we'd get any of things things, but these are things people would like to see in a farming pack.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Yes, yes, absolutely, yes.

Nectar making, growing fields and fields of crops, animals, an old country home that smells like years of woodsmoke from the furnace, I would love this in the sims.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Absolutely!
    I want chicken and eggs for cooking or get new chicken out of them :D making butter, have farm animals, food canning.
    New plants, cooking recipes and a farm world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes I'd buy it but it's really not on my list of things I want in TS4. I buy all Packs that come out. Like other simmers have said it could add interesting gameplay like nector making and other stuff. I'd love if we could feed ducks and geese and it added a working water mill to the pack. And I'd love for our sims to be able to interact,feed,play with and cuddle the farm animals especially the chickens.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I'm really hoping to get a Farming EP! I loved Appaloosa Plains, the feel of the town, the horses, etc..
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    I've never had a farming pack, never knew sims exsisted until my brother got me sims3 for the wii, so didn't know there was sims1 and 2, so yes it would be nice to have a farming pack, abtw, where can I find sims1 and 2?

You can order Sims 1 from Amazon Sellers and I think you can get Sims 2 there as well. Origin did have Sims 2 Ultimate. I downloaded it when they had it.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Nope. There's enough farming in the game for me.
    Sorry but what farming are we doing in the game? This isn’t a farming game it’s the sims and they have gardens not a farm to take care of. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    No. It doesn’t fit my playing style.
    Okay, I thought of some things I could enjoy in a farming pack.

Quiet areas and dirt roads, a timeless environment so we could feasibly have a household that feels like it's living in a past era.

I'd personally like the "off the grid" living if we could have a way to shut down all technology, even autonomous phone use.

More "shoddy" build/buy items, like roofs with holes and chipped flooring. Maybe more furniture that's simplistic and condensed with smaller footprints so they don't take up a lot of space. Haystacks that cats could jump up on. A corn maze that we could put Patchy and jack-o'-lanterns around on Halloween to make it spooky.

And... A petting zoo! I would actually really like to have interactive animals that our Sims could take their kids and toddlers to visit, pet and feed. I mean, we have the Cowplant, which is just about the same thing so they could feasibly do interactive object animals. Maybe there could be a bunny pen that they could go into and pick up bunnies, chickens and ducks that could be fed, goats, sheep, cows, ponies (and llamas!) that could be petted. Maybe even pony rides?

Also a little farm shop where our Sims could purchase many of the food and plant based collectibles wouldn't be so bad.

There's a farm the next city over from where I live that has apple orchards, pumpkin patches, a general store that sells awesome cider and pies, and they let people come pay to go apple picking and into the pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins in the autumn. They also have some animals that people can feed through the fence, and a variety of farm birds. It's actually really nice to go there and I hadn't really thought about it too much until now.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Maybe. If it comes with content I will use frequently, or another world. Other than that, it doesn't fit my play style.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, I thought of some things I could enjoy in a farming pack.

Quiet areas and dirt roads, a timeless environment so we could feasibly have a household that feels like it's living in a past era.

I'd personally like the "off the grid" living if we could have a way to shut down all technology, even autonomous phone use.

More "shoddy" build/buy items, like roofs with holes and chipped flooring. Maybe more furniture that's simplistic and condensed with smaller footprints so they don't take up a lot of space. Haystacks that cats could jump up on. A corn maze that we could put Patchy and jack-o'-lanterns around on Halloween to make it spooky.

@LiELF I absolutely love this! I get a lot of mileage out of the damaged/used items from Vampires and City Living, and I'd love to have more. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019

As an EP, I'd imagine it would come with a new world with several large lots to create farms.

As to what might be included, animals from which you could harvest eggs, milk, and wool seems likely. Perhaps horses.

Other than that, ideas which have been thrown around include hobbies such as nector making, canning, sewing, butter and cheese making, and pretty much anything else that let's you produce your own goods.

Other ideas include living off the grid which may include alternative ways to get electricity and water (solar panels and wells), a farmer's market where you could barter or sell the things you make, and more harvestables such as pumpkins, corn, and grains you could turn to flour.

Of course there's no guarantee we'd get any of things things, but these are things people would like to see in a farming pack.

I fear we won't get big farm animals though as the devs had made it clear the animals in Sims take the longest and are the hardest thing to make and because they are so time consuming they are very expensive to make - never mind everyone wanting something different - so the aspect of seeing much more than fx animals in the distance that our sims cannot react to long after the pet ep were finished seems to me something they are not going to be inclined to do anywhere near the kind of farm animals people really want. Keep in mind a horse took over 3 years to develop in Sims 3 - cats and dogs I heard was worked on since the beginning of sims 4 - so the chances of seeing 4 farm animals seems impossible to me at this point. I can see chickens - but not a lot else - and with other farming things already in the game - like bees etc, never mind the distant fx animals our sims do not even see - I just think it has little chance of that happening - especially seeing they indicated even the simple store animals wouldn't even be acceptable in a pack. Many people were not all that fond of the Sims 3 store farm pack - as it was. So I just do not see what they can offer - never mind provide the big lots farms need. We need more than 2 or 3 big lots - at least many of us do. My farm towns in Sims 3 average a dozen or more farms and ranches. I cannot imagine a farm town with just a couple of farm - never mind few farm animals. I surely do not want to see more fx my sims cannot interact with or worse the cardboard cut out cows from Sims 2 - Please NO. That was awful.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I purchased the little farm with the useable tractor and all of the other farm stuff including bees and the chicken (and... was there a cow?) for ts3. I might consider purchasing a farming expansion for ts5, but not for ts4. It would likely be too disappointing.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I fear we won't get big farm animals though as the devs had made it clear the animals in Sims take the longest and are the hardest thing to make and because they are so time consuming they are very expensive to make - never mind everyone wanting something different - so the aspect of seeing much more than fx animals in the distance that our sims cannot react to long after the pet ep were finished seems to me something they are not going to be inclined to do anywhere near the kind of farm animals people really want. Keep in mind a horse took over 3 years to develop in Sims 3 - cats and dogs I heard was worked on since the beginning of sims 4 - so the chances of seeing 4 farm animals seems impossible to me at this point. I can see chickens - but not a lot else - and with other farming things already in the game - like bees etc, never mind the distant fx animals our sims do not even see - I just think it has little chance of that happening - especially seeing they indicated even the simple store animals wouldn't even be acceptable in a pack. Many people were not all that fond of the Sims 3 store farm pack - as it was. So I just do not see what they can offer - never mind provide the big lots farms need. We need more than 2 or 3 big lots - at least many of us do. My farm towns in Sims 3 average a dozen or more farms and ranches. I cannot imagine a farm town with just a couple of farm - never mind few farm animals. I surely do not want to see more fx my sims cannot interact with or worse the cardboard cut out cows from Sims 2 - Please NO. That was awful.

I don't think they would even make a farming GP if animals weren't included as that was what won the farming Twitter poll. Sure it would be a lot of work, and I don't think we'll probably see a farming pack until 2020 at the earliest, but it's not impossible and there seems to be a good amount of interest surrounding the idea.

As for the animals themselves, I think they would be better than the Sims 3 store farm animals as they would be the main focus of the EP. They would probably still be treated as objects and not sims, or we're going to need more then 8 slots. I could see the animals being kind of like the rumba we got with Cats and Dogs. The player could build a fence, place down a watering trough (or maybe even just the animal itself) and it would roam around the enclosed space. Chickens could probably be tied to a chicken coop.

When the sims wants to milk or sheer the animal they would just walk up to the animal, a stool appears for milking, and just do it there on the spot. Stalls for barns could also be an option and if you want to transfer a cow from field to barn you could just tell your sim to do so and they would lead it to a stall.

As for a farming world, I think a large world with a nice amount of lots would be a reasonable expectation for an expansion pack. There probably wouldn't be too many community lots found in a rural farming town (I just can't see a gym, museum, or lounge being included), so that would leave more room for residential and farming lots. A farmer's market would probably work like the festivals/flee market from City Living and wouldn't take up a lot.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Only if it comes with horses!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Farming already won a long time ago. :)

*Yes, I want Horse breeding, Our own Farmer Markets indoors and out.
    *Canning.
    *It should look like a Farming Village or Town.
    *New Farm clothes for the whole family.
    *Country music.
    *Barns and Stables.
    *Barn Dance
    *Country Fair, with the baking contest
    *Horse selling Auctions.
    *Single light street lights, just thought I would throw that in. :p
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    maybe but only if it includes more retro style appliances flowerbeds to decorate the outside of sims homes and retro furniture
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Oh yes, I would pre-order. This is the pack I want so badly, tied with Witches.

I want animals, more crops, more recipes, perhaps a tractor?! I would like to see Sims able to purchase fields to expand their farms in the same way we can buy other businesses already.

And I really want them to patch in to the base game the ability for children and even toddlers to get involved. There's absolutely no reason children can't plant, water and weed, perhaps leave the spray for bugs to teens and up as that's dangerous (if we are thinking along realistic lines :smile: ). Toddlers should be able to dig holes and perhaps have a teeny watering can they could use too. Again, they do this in real life if they're part of a family that loves to garden.

So yes, absolutely!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2019
    Only because I'm very Picky

- The farm has to be somewhat Blank, or easy to bulldoze everything. I want to design the farmland, Sow the First seeds, of the Orchards and Vineyards.
    - My plan is to Have a Chateau, Mansion that overlooks the farm, because One of my sims will own the entire farm. So I need at least a 50x50 Lot that sits on top of a hill and just has a romantic view of the Farm.
    - Thinking a French, Italian Farmland concept.
    - Farm Animals are Required!!!
    Personally I just want: Hogs/Pigs, Bulls/Cows, Roosters/Hens.
    But If possible: Goats/Alpaca (Cuter than Llamas) and Maybe Horses
    - The potential to build a Brewery and Winery, with the Old fashion way of stomping Grapes, or using machinery and Send it through Distillery and Barreling the Nectar/Brew putting it down in the Cellar, on racks to store and let age, Tasting, Naming, then bottling the Craft. then Selling it in Retail, to or at, Restaurant, add it to your menu (only I you have the barrel present on Lot/Inventory)
    Definitely There should be "New" recipes maybe under Mixology when Making Wine and Beer
    like if I wanted to make an adult root beer, or Honey Jack if I had Seasons EP I could use Honey and some type of lager.
    - New Harvestable: Pumpkin, Corn, Wheat, Peanuts, Pineapple, Cinnamon, Sarsaparilla, Cocoa Bean, Sugar Cane, and Cotton.
    - Seasons Kind of Failed me with this, But I was hoping for new dishes: Honey Glazed Ham, Pineapple garnish, more pie and cheesecake variants.
    That's mainly all I need, I actually have Stables Set up for Pigs and Cows.
    it would be cool to be able to do some Kind of Festivals at the farm.
    Bake offs, Biggest Pumpkin, things like that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif