Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy A Farming EP

I see a lot of talk about farming on these forums both for and against. I'd like to see how the actual numbers shake out.

Would You Buy A Farming EP 447 votes

No. It doesn’t fit my playing style.
13%
GRIMMYrudy8292BreeSashaEme783lisamwittoveronPlayerSinger2010imhappyMeteoraStormElegantblkchina1CinebarBariSaxyaecollins21ButWhatAmIpeterskywalkerPlumbobCrossingkaiyote23MarivannadoogerieCXonor13 59 votes
Yes. I need farms in my game no matter what it comes with.
63%
DannydanboBluegayleCK213Frn0731jwatsonKolbycatmom1987icmnfrshJadeleineJaiSeajulienrob2004verlainemGalacticGalalexspoom13alan650111IceyJmischiefluverBlkBarbiegalWedBluebellFlora 285 votes
Maybe. But only if it comes with...
23%
Tootsyim1HejixaprilroseCabelle1863MjstsmPStormkeepSimpatsyannWritin_RegFunkymonkyiDESERTFLOWER1981AlexizeMariefoxprice83friendlysimmersdrake_mccartyBluellesekojranaVuloriKiaraSims4Modsmarberghadklax 103 votes

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Absolutely! Even if the animals were fixed within certain objects, like large objects of course, and not free roaming. Heck even if they just were minimally animated for interaction.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope. There's enough farming in the game for me.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm not sure, so I didn't place my vote....on one hand my Sims tend to have massive gardens, on the other hand I hear "farming EP" and think "ew no."

I think it'd be an EP that I get eventually for the items but not necessarily for the gameplay, so I'd buy it on sale. More likely to get it if it came with a new neighborhood bigger than GF, around Windenberg's size. Because I'd make good use of all of those items but a big part of farming is animals an there's just no way I'm going that route in sims. Idk. It just doesn't suit me.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Yes, if it came with a large neighborhood.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So fast it would make your head spin. My Stardew Valley save game needs it ...
    egTcBMc.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    But also, it would be nice if I could also grow crops for certain hobbies.

I loved growing my crops to make nectar in The Sims 3.
    Making my nectar Cellars, aging the nectar, and eventually selling it.
    That's primarily what I used it for in TS3, but I would like to see farming expanded upon in TS4 with a country living lifestyle.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If it comes with CAS and activities for Sims of ALL ages, then sure. If it's another young adult only pack, then nope.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Sure would, it would be something different for me. :) And give my sims more to do! Might not go crazy over it, but parts would probably be implemented into my normal style of play.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited January 2019
    Farming isn't really important to my playing style but maybe if it came with a beautiful large world
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I would probably buy it because I'm sure there'd be something I could do with it. But it's at the very bottom of the list for me. It sounds like a terribly boring theme and we had a revamp to gardening not too long ago, so I'm pretty much exhausted with any sort of gardening at the moment.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    @CK213 YES! I loved nectar making in TS3, and I would kill for it to come back to TS4. It was so much fun. I would also like to see canning and jam making return, as that was a fun thing too (it was DLC from the TS3 shop).

As for farming, it's not something I like desperately need, but I would definitely enjoy it. As @jcp011c2 said, I'd be ok if most of the actual animals were bound to large objects, like chicken coops, pig pens, or were even like the Cowplant in that they themselves were an object that sorta did their own thing in a specific space, but you could do stuff like milk them, tip them over, or brush them. I don't think pigs, chickens, or even cows really need to be free roaming or anything to enrich the game. However, horses are another matter entirely, and they DO need to be an autonomous pet.
    I'd mostly be more excited for the new produce and crops. I'd like to see plants like corn, beans, soy beans, sweet potatoes, melons of all sorts, and maybe cotton. It could be fun have a loom similar to the carpentry table to make your own clothing from cotton. I see a lot of homestyle potential for this kind pack, even beyond the animals. Though, it could be a fun way to add witches, as sometimes they're seen as rustic and secluded with their own animals, and it would be a prime way to add in alchemy and spell crafting from animal byproducts and new plants. Plus, if we got beans, magic beanstalks would be a fun way to travel to a magical realm.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes, I would definitely buy a farming expansion, if done right. It could add a ton of gameplay to the game, whether you choose to go full-on farmer, or just pick and choose features (such as nectar making as other posters have brought up).
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes, with more big lots. I'm wondering though, if Farming might have to change the gameplay somehow if only 8 inhabitants could be on a lot? Would Sims have to go to work there rather than live on a Farm? How would flocks of sheep, cows etc. be implemented?

Now, I'm not sure if Farming is possible.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I am dying for a farming ep.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Yes, with more big lots. I'm wondering though, if Farming might have to change the gameplay somehow if only 8 inhabitants could be on a lot? Would Sims have to go to work there rather than live on a Farm? How would flocks of sheep, cows etc. be implemented?

Now, I'm not sure if Farming is possible.

I don't think farm animals would b added to the family. They would be more like objects if they include them I think.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Yes! In a heartbeat!!!
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I would buy it so fast.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'd buy anything. Doesn't matter what the theme is.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2019
    Maybe. I mean they could add chickens that are similar to bees.
    maybe horses, cows and pigs ( for mushrooms because of age restrictions). But especially the horses shall be dynamic please. although I dont expect too much ...I would wait and see

The thing is they said how hard cats and dogs were. so i dont expect many new functioning animals. Like I said probably just 1 (horses) the others will stay at a certain place and be more like objects which are slightly interactive but thats all. As mentioned Chickens beeing similars to bees and cows/pigs/sheeps would be buyable as a barn (large object) in which you can choose what animal lives there. Like the hamster cage. You buy it and click what animal you want.
    I also could think of:

+new plants/ objects and clothings (like always)
    +maybe some rabithole interactions : competition for the best animal if the releationship is high and you gave them special treats
    +new things to do with crops- like nectar, jam, dried fruits. Or turning milk into cheese ect.

Im not super hyped for such a pack, Grant said it prob wont be well received which gives me the hint that they have some problems doing it. maybe they dont know how~
    Anyways I would have to see how they do it but I wouldnt mind them not doing it. I think it will turn into an experimental flop
    (also I see it as an GP)
    Post edited by SimsWichtes on
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes! I want farming!

The Sims Game
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    But also, it would be nice if I could also grow crops for certain hobbies.

I loved growing my crops to make nectar in The Sims 3.
    Making my nectar Cellars, aging the nectar, and eventually selling it.
    That's primarily what I used it for in TS3, but I would like to see farming expanded upon in TS4 with a country living lifestyle.

Even though I never played a lot with nectar, I somehow really want this!
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    Lol no. Probably not. Just not my cup of tea. You know what I would buy? A Game/Stuff pack based on witches and witchcraft.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I'm not sure I would buy even a Farming SP...
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    just..YES
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    The poll specifies EP, which is why I said maybe. EP's aren't cheap, and if that was the whole point of the EP I'm not sure what would all be included to make it worth the price tag. I've read many threads where people list all kinds of ideas for farming in the game, and even if every single one of the ideas I've ever seen was implemented, that still wouldn't be worth EP prices to me.

Now if the poll were about a GP, I'd have voted Yes. I'd buy a farming GP without hesitation.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods