Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy A Farming EP

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited February 2019
    No. It doesn’t fit my playing style.
    I find farming, horses, etc. very boring, but I will be happy if we get it because I know a lot of simmers want it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Maybe. But only if it comes with...
    Horses! Okay I would probably buy it anyway (for any animals).
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes. I need farms in my game no matter what it comes with.
    I would
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ellipsismsellipsisms Posts: 9 New Member
    Only if it comes with animals to take care of and a nice remote farm world.
  • Options
    8unn1353y358unn1353y35 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would get it for the animals and definitely if it came with a new world.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    None of my sims would ever live on/run a farm, but if elements like canning, nectar making, jam/preserve making etc were introduced (in any pack), then those features would become things I would want in my game.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Light511Light511 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes i need !!!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Horses! Please give me HORSES!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited February 2019
    Absolutely. I think you could do a lot with it. Sell eggs, sell milk, churn and sell butter, make and sell cheese, make and sell jam, care for the animals, maybe live off -grid, etc.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited February 2019
    I wouldn't say I 'need' farms in my game, but it is a pack I would enjoy. I'm a big Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons and Stardew Valley fan, so I like farming simulator games in general. However, that's also the reason farming is not a necessity in The Sims for me- the games I mentioned already fulfill my farm sim need.
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I'm waiting for Rune Factory 5 and a possible Story of Seasons so a farming pack isn't something I'd mind to pass the time. But I'd prefer it to just be a GP. I don't want them to waste their time on a farming EP when they could be making University instead
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes! :smiley:

I loved Harvest Moon, Rune Factory 4, and Story of Seasons, which are all farming simulator games, so I would LOVE to see that in a Sims game! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BloodGoddess77BloodGoddess77 Posts: 8 New Member
    Would love this is some form
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Absolutely! Even if the animals were fixed within certain objects, like large objects of course, and not free roaming. Heck even if they just were minimally animated for interaction.
    dude we need free roaming goats and chickens and rams like the rams that attacked that oerson in Europe. Fleecing sheep and making clothes/coats, etc. milk that goes in the fridge and recipes. Buffalo that roam and randomly destroy trampolines -- we need trampolines.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d like new crafting types and such.

I don’t really care about animals in the sims.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Don't remember how I voted, but how I'm feeling right now it would have to be well-done and well-worth a triple A price.

And pretty much its own world like a huge ranch, which your sim(s) have to tame and wrestle away from the wilderness and turn into a viable farm with many crop, orchard, livestock, produce, crafting options.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    ...everything that represents farming. I love farming.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I think it's a fun idea, I remember watching a TS3 Store showcase that showed some farming items so I'm interested
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    I love the idea. I know that there are lots of technical difficulties relating to large farm animals like cows and horse. But maybe there is a chance due to the non-open world? The one and only good thing about the non-open world is the possibility of creating a background that includes animated "items", that could not be operated in the world. E.g. in the distance some sheep in Windenburg. Why not close up grasing cows, sheep and horses?
    If we are lucky there might be another option to integrate animals. In Windenburg there is a duck pond. Why not enclosed meadows with cows and horses? The animation would be cheaper (no feeding, brushing, rinding) and due to the enclosure no routing problems.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Only if they do it correctly.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    I mean...I wont say absolutely NEVER. However, right now...no. I'm just not really super into it. I live in the country. I garden in real life.
    The gardening we already have in the game only interests me in very short bursts. I rarely bother with it. I can't see farming being much more exciting. It isnt anything new to me. I grew up with a giant garden and have lived around farms my whole life. It's enjoyable tending to real life plants and animals, but virtual ones...not so much.
    It would have to be like 75% off or have something that I really want in it like a NEW WORLD or really nice clothing and furniture options at 50% off for me to buy it.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    @CK213 YES! I loved nectar making in TS3, and I would kill for it to come back to TS4. It was so much fun. I would also like to see canning and jam making return, as that was a fun thing too (it was DLC from the TS3 shop).

As for farming, it's not something I like desperately need, but I would definitely enjoy it. As @jcp011c2 said, I'd be ok if most of the actual animals were bound to large objects, like chicken coops, pig pens, or were even like the Cowplant in that they themselves were an object that sorta did their own thing in a specific space, but you could do stuff like milk them, tip them over, or brush them. I don't think pigs, chickens, or even cows really need to be free roaming or anything to enrich the game. However, horses are another matter entirely, and they DO need to be an autonomous pet.
    I'd mostly be more excited for the new produce and crops. I'd like to see plants like corn, beans, soy beans, sweet potatoes, melons of all sorts, and maybe cotton. It could be fun have a loom similar to the carpentry table to make your own clothing from cotton. I see a lot of homestyle potential for this kind pack, even beyond the animals. Though, it could be a fun way to add witches, as sometimes they're seen as rustic and secluded with their own animals, and it would be a prime way to add in alchemy and spell crafting from animal byproducts and new plants. Plus, if we got beans, magic beanstalks would be a fun way to travel to a magical realm.

If there were witches included in a farming EP, then I would definitely buy it. Never thought of pairing those two things together...but it might work.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    (I don't know if I replied yet, but) I'd love to play a farm. I've done it tons of times on Sims 2, by making and selling my garden produce. To have that again*, and on a bigger scale and with farm animals? I'd dedicates entire neighborhoods just for this pack.

* I know we can garden in Sims 4, but it's just not the same.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    I have been wanting and asking for a farming pack for so long. I would be over the moon. I'm a long time player, i think i bought The Sims the first month it was out, and have always hoped that they would make their way around to farming. It just seemed so obvious. But time and again, it just never made the cut. All this said...THANK YOU to everyone here who is asking for this. Making an old gal very happy.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    If it came with horses, I'd buy it.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner