Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let’s guess what the next pack will be, and the Feb. update!

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member

as it is right now i would't recommend getting GF to be entirely honest unless you are a stay at home player… community lots are really boring atm because celebs appear way too commonly and every single sim which isn't a celeb is forced to be a fan and hang around the celebs all day, and once they start dancing or stuff... prepare for a lot of stuck sims...

Yeah I find this annoying too. Right now I'm just using MCCC to tell the celeb to leave the lot. I wish that they only spawned in hot spots and up and coming spots. Then we could control where we wanted them to appear.

Have you come across any mods that solve this problem? I looked but couldn't find any.

I don't know if this one might help a little with extreme reactions to celebs in community lots: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Scroll down a way and it's called 'lesscelebreact'. Description: "Tunes down the reaction to celebs a bit. Especially DJs will no longer constantly forget about their task. When a star starts posing, they will still cheer a bit, but will go back to duty quickly."
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    I don't know if this one might help a little with extreme reactions to celebs in community lots: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Scroll down a way and it's called 'lesscelebreact'. Description: "Tunes down the reaction to celebs a bit. Especially DJs will no longer constantly forget about their task. When a star starts posing, they will still cheer a bit, but will go back to duty quickly."

Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2019

Yeah I find this annoying too. Right now I'm just using MCCC to tell the celeb to leave the lot. I wish that they only spawned in hot spots and up and coming spots. Then we could control where we wanted them to appear.

Have you come across any mods that solve this problem? I looked but couldn't find any.

thanks for the tip, but this is an ongoing problem with this game (and TS 3 as well tbh): EA is selling us an half-finished game and i have the feeling they expect the modders to clean up their mess. all very cute and free fixing for them but it is ludacris that they charge a big sum of money for a half finished game and expect modders to fix their mess free of charge... hence why i'd rather see some fixes coming soon. unless they do i will not care about new content and a load of new glitches and poorly designed mechanics to make the game even less fun to play. i am not a fan of wasting money, and not cheap at the price either for some DLC, for an half finished product. kudos to the modders tho, who actually do great work for their fellow simmers so we can all enjoy the game without EA's mess ruining it.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,445 Member

as it is right now i would't recommend getting GF to be entirely honest unless you are a stay at home player… community lots are really boring atm because celebs appear way too commonly and every single sim which isn't a celeb is forced to be a fan and hang around the celebs all day, and once they start dancing or stuff... prepare for a lot of stuck sims...

I recommend Get Famous for the objects like the shark pond,money vault,pod beds and gold toilet.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I recommend Get Famous for the objects like the shark pond,money vault,pod beds and gold toilet.

if you recommend paying 40 euros or USD for just some buy/build items be my guest :/ the piranhas or sharks in the pond are just garden decoration -.- cannot even throw the paparazzi or a stan into that pond to feed them… cow plant does a better job of cleaning up the garbage in my yard...
    the vault is funny if you wanna get more cash than cap limit allows...but spending one million in this game is already a challenge imo, let along the 56.8 million i have stashed in my main save atm XD

they added cool stuff and nice new cuts and outfits, i'll give GF that...but the gameplay around celebs, especially if you aren't planning on being one yourself (it gets kinda annoyingafter a while… maily because of those aggrevating paparazzi pests and fans Always tailing you everywhere, even the ffing toilet..like p!ss off already omg) is a royal pain in the neck without mods, and not everyone likes to use a mod for every thing EA refuses to fix or tune right, and that my friend is quite a laundry list atm...
  • Options

visiting sims still behave like mindless zombies sad to say, still standing around a dancing celeb all day or talking about them… yawn… it does seem to work for the DJ tho, so at least i can dance alone again, or with group members... it is a start ;)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Whats
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I would bet on University! I hope it is, since I've gone the honest/hard work , no cheats route . Would be fun to see my sims work their way up through college courses to success! :)

No offense, but how would that be fun?
    Personally, I found University in Sims 3 rather boring. I don't ask because I hate or want to offend or something, I ask because I want to understand why so many people want University and what they all want from a university pack.
    So far, I haven't gotten any answer from anyone.
    My best guess is that this is a "This is supposed to be realistic, so if it exists IRL, it needs to be added to the game, no matter if it is fun or not!" kind of feature just like doing laundry.

To be honest, I find this question to be a bit bizarre. It's almost like you never before realized that not everyone find the same things fun or boring. What might be boring to you is a ton of fun for me. I can not truly get into a life simulation with key parts of life missing. College is not a boring experience.

I also want more active careers that require college , to come with Uni. So that college has a reward system . Just like in real life many higher paid careers require education.

And I also want active school for kids. Because while you may not get it, rabbitholes break immersion for me. I want to feel involved in my sim kids daily lives. Not just watch them disappear for a few hours.

Im sure there's gameplay you want, that I would not be into, but I wouldnt tell you whats boring to me, should be boring to you @Armilus616 And if you wish to respond @ me, because I wont know otherwise.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Whats
    I would bet on University! I hope it is, since I've gone the honest/hard work , no cheats route . Would be fun to see my sims work their way up through college courses to success! :)

Personally, I found University in Sims 3 rather boring. I don't ask because I hate or want to offend or something, I ask because I want to understand why so many people want University and what they all want from a university pack.
    My best guess is that this is a "This is supposed to be realistic, so if it exists IRL, it needs to be added to the game, no matter if it is fun or not!" kind of feature just like doing laundry.

To be honest, I find this question to be a bit bizarre. It's almost like you never before realized that not everyone find the same things fun or boring. What might be boring to you is a ton of fun for me. I can not truly get into a life simulation with key parts of life missing. College is not a boring experience.

I also want more active careers that require college , to come with Uni. So that college has a reward system . Just like in real life many higher paid careers require education.

And I also want active school for kids. Because while you may not get it, rabbitholes break immersion for me. I want to feel involved in my sim kids daily lives. Not just watch them disappear for a few hours.

Im sure there's gameplay you want, that I would not be into, but I wouldnt tell you whats boring to me, should be boring to you @Armilus616 And if you wish to respond @ me, because I wont know otherwise.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions. University has pros and cons, just like in real life. It can be haul, or a breeze. Either way, people get something unique out of it. From memory, Sims 2 University, wasn't all study. I remember doing a band, playing video games, cards games, pool with my peers. It was heaps fun! But the thing that made it most fun, is the reward of doing the study to get a better result/GPA, then chilling with my friends etc. People who want to achieve a high distinction, or just a credit would depend on your gameplay, and how smart your Sim is. Regardless, I miss playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 for different reasons. I can't wait to have more room on my computer to play all three again. :smiley:

Perhaps for Sims 4 University, it will be a get to work type thing? Where you go catch a bus or drive or something, or just travel to University or college, some households might not be able to afford Uni, which would be a nice touch. University should unlock another profession of teaching as a lecturer. Once you've got a PHD, people should take your advice more, and etc. There should be different Universities as well, with different sizes. Such as, a campus with cooler things to do, nicer dorms, etc.

There is a lot of possibility for the future, so having any type of expectations contributes to it. :)
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    @EnjoyfulSimmer I do know that everyone finds different things Boring or Exciting, but in most cases, I have at least a rough idea of what another person likes about something that I don't.
    Here, it wasn't the case. And I wanted to know because I enjoy playing Sims 4, I enjoyed playing Sims 3.
    Now, thanks to you, I have some idea what it's about. If I understood you correctly, University adds a sense of progression and adds a separation between an educated Sim with a Ph.D. and the "dumb ordinary" Sim.

On the other hand, I might have given University a chance anyway. Sims 3 pets came with bugs that made it really hard for me to play the game and enjoy it. And even with the latest patch, they are still there. So when I played Sims 3, I played with pets off. IDK, maybe that was just a thing with my old computer. Many things there didn't work as they should've.
    But while I never got the chance to enjoy Sims 3 pets, and had a negative bias towards Sims 4 Cats and Dogs because of that, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs still ended up enriching my game. Not only does it actually work having a pet, but seeing an NPC walking his Dog on a leash when your Sim is jogging absolutely feels right.
    In Sims 3, I had a situation where there was a notification about wild horses running through the city. I was like "Yeah. So what?" and never even got to see those horses.
    It could be very much the same with Uni.
  • Options
    I really hope we'll get an announcement of the Next Pack Next Week. We will if it's coming in Early February.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don't know what's coming next, but I think it might be a GP.
    It's too soon after GF for another EP and I think it definitely isn't University. I see so many people chanting University, but recently someone asked a guru on twitter about a uni pack and he said that they are not currently working on one. EPs take about a year to make so we aren't getting that this year, unless they drop it in November/December, which I think is unlikely.

As for vacation spots, I don't like the concept because I prefer worlds that sims can live in. I'd prefer a GP that allows us to run our own awesome resorts so we can make vacation spots anywhere. After that, small to medium worlds inspired by cool cultures and vacation destinations can be released via GPs that add nice gameplay related to the theme. Maxis can then include cool buildings in the worlds that can be easily converted into resorts by adding the required objects. If the player doesn't have the resort pack, the world is just a cool residential world that you can visit if you want to. Exceptions would include GPs like Jungle Adventure where the idea of the pack is exploration, not traveling.

I'd also like a Relationship GP as an option. Not just romance, but all relationships should be made a lot more detailed. I'd like a lot of depth and detail for friendships, best friendships, romantic relationships and enemies etc. Family relationships have already been nicely fleshed out with Parenthood. This pack could add good mourning systems, funerals, more wedding things, bachelor/rette parties, MANY (as in tonnes of) interactions for all ages etc. A bit like TS3 Generations but heavily focused on the sims themselves and their relationships with each other. I think this would make the game 1000x better. Although I'd prefer turn-ons/offs to be patched in for free, it should definitely be added eventually and if it's through this pack, so be it.

I think a Witches GP is in progress, but I don't think we're getting it this quarter. Maybe in July or nearer to the end of the year.

As for a Beach pack, I suspect that we'll be getting something soon but I doubt it will be the next pack and I hope with my entire being that it ISN'T A GP. I will most likely break down in tears if it is because Island Paradise is extremely important to me and Maxis simply cannot fit everything I want into it if it isn't an EP.

We haven't had an SP for a while, but by the looks of the surprise sales, it seems like EA is either trying to sell more before they stop making them for the time being or they're trying to hype up SP sales before a new release. Who knows. If we do get an SP, I'd like a Master Suite for super fancy bedrooms and bathrooms or a Futuristic Living theme with cute little robots.
  • Options
    I think their putting sps on sale cause there is one coming soon.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    Honestly, they could toss out an SP full of nothing but empty worlds and I'd be thrilled. Seriously, space is an issue! I just want to hear SOMETHING at this point. Geesh.
  • Options
    Honestly, they could toss out an SP full of nothing but empty worlds and I'd be thrilled. Seriously, space is an issue! I just want to hear SOMETHING at this point. Geesh.

Empty worlds could be patched in though for free like Newcrest was.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,480 Member

I can only answer this in respect to my experience playing University in Sims 2 because I didn't play it in Sims 3.

I was actually surprised to find that I loved it in Sims 2. The campus was located in a separate world that you got to choose, and your Sims would stay in a dorm with NPCs and/or other young adults that you could play from other households you had. So I would have Sims from a variety of my households staying in one dorm together so that I could play them all. They would go through several semesters there, choose their majors, which had a big influence on which careers and how high they could start in a position when they got a job after graduation.

But the fun part for me was the college lifestyle itself, and the way it allowed me an easy way for my Sims to meet each other and build relationships, friendships or romances that could carry forward after college. They could even seduce their professors, join secret societies, or hack their grades. Their families could come visit by invitation, they could throw parties, have bonfires, and mingle with Sims from other dorms. There were also campus community lots and activities.

In my games there was a lot of bubble blowing, juice drinking and woohooing, lol. Sims dated, cheated, broke up, got engaged, lost sleep, failed semesters, danced all night, overslept through classes, fought, studied, shared rooms, ate poorly, hooked up, rejected each other, and made memories. By the time they graduated, I had the most detailed, interesting, personal histories for all of my Sims, and those college years were a huge part of who they each became as an adult.

Some of my best gameplay came from University in Sims 2, and I'm generally someone who plays Occults and eccentrics. But believe me, my campuses were filled with the offspring of Werewolves, Aliens, and oddities alike. Great times!

But I'll be honest, I don't expect Sims 4's version to have the same impact. Sims 2 was very, very special. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I can only answer this in respect to my experience playing University in Sims 2 because I didn't play it in Sims 3.

I was actually surprised to find that I loved it in Sims 2. The campus was located in a separate world that you got to choose, and your Sims would stay in a dorm with NPCs and/or other young adults that you could play from other households you had. So I would have Sims from a variety of my households staying in one dorm together so that I could play them all. They would go through several semesters there, choose their majors, which had a big influence on which careers and how high they could start in a position when they got a job after graduation.

But the fun part for me was the college lifestyle itself, and the way it allowed me an easy way for my Sims to meet each other and build relationships, friendships or romances that could carry forward after college. They could even seduce their professors, join secret societies, or hack their grades. Their families could come visit by invitation, they could throw parties, have bonfires, and mingle with Sims from other dorms. There were also campus community lots and activities.

In my games there was a lot of bubble blowing, juice drinking and woohooing, lol. Sims dated, cheated, broke up, got engaged, lost sleep, failed semesters, danced all night, overslept through classes, fought, studied, shared rooms, ate poorly, hooked up, rejected each other, and made memories. By the time they graduated, I had the most detailed, interesting, personal histories for all of my Sims, and those college years were a huge part of who they each became as an adult.

Some of my best gameplay came from University in Sims 2, and I'm generally someone who plays Occults and eccentrics. But believe me, my campuses were filled with the offspring of Werewolves, Aliens, and oddities alike. Great times!

But I'll be honest, I don't expect Sims 4's version to have the same impact. Sims 2 was very, very special. <3

Now THAT actually sounds like fun!
    In Sims 3, all I really noticed was the 3 groups, Nerds, Jocks and I-forgot-the-third-one. And the classes.
    A lot of the Stuff in the Trailer, I somehow never encountered. Maybe I got bored too quick and should have grinded to get to the part where it starts to be fun?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    the third was rebels iirc and ts 3 univerity was in many regards the same as ts 2. i shudder at the thought tho of a ts 4 version...seeing how earlier EPs worked out. they overdo some features too much in ts 4. just like now celebs pretty much lock all other sims into an endless celeb worship snoozefest on every community lot i visit.
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member

thanks for the tip, but this is an ongoing problem with this game (and TS 3 as well tbh): EA is selling us an half-finished game and i have the feeling they expect the modders to clean up their mess. all very cute and free fixing for them but it is ludacris that they charge a big sum of money for a half finished game and expect modders to fix their mess free of charge... hence why i'd rather see some fixes coming soon. unless they do i will not care about new content and a load of new glitches and poorly designed mechanics to make the game even less fun to play. i am not a fan of wasting money, and not cheap at the price either for some DLC, for an half finished product. kudos to the modders tho, who actually do great work for their fellow simmers so we can all enjoy the game without EA's mess ruining it.

The real problem is people still buy these unfinished games. So it's okay for EA to release these steaming piles of bugs on top of bugs, because hey, they still buy it? Who cares? And that's the tea.
  • Options
    IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    I second that it will be some type of vacation spot. I'm hoping for beaches complete with watersports, sandcastles, and tanning. Mermaids would be a good addition to this, too, as well as seashells and beach glass.

I'm dying for an Island Paradise style pack. I can't wait to do the whole hotel thing again :D
  • Options
    I second that it will be some type of vacation spot. I'm hoping for beaches complete with watersports, sandcastles, and tanning. Mermaids would be a good addition to this, too, as well as seashells and beach glass.

I'm dying for an Island Paradise style pack. I can't wait to do the whole hotel thing again :D

Me to. Me to.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JPsimmer wrote: »

The real problem is people still buy these unfinished games. So it's okay for EA to release these steaming piles of bugs on top of bugs, because hey, they still buy it? Who cares? And that's the tea.

that pretty much sums it up yeah… and if we stop buying they'll just pull the plug and end the series....
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Captain_C wrote: »
    If there is a new pack coming in February I feel like it will be announced before the Next Maxis Monthly since Kate said that packs won't be getting announced on the Maxis Monthly's.

What is Maxis Monthly?

The worse idea ever that really does not provide much information clearly if packs will not even be announced there.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Whats

I didn't find the question to be bizarre. Maybe @Armilus616 wanted to know what they might do during college that might interest @Armilus616. I found University boring in Sims 3 but then I read sims stories from like @CK213 and got ideas to make it more interesting. In the end, it was still boring for me because I could not have all my Sim friends go to college together unless I moved them in the same house. I also felt like my sims had to really buckle down and study if I wanted them to get an A. I felt like I really didn't get a chance to have fun without sacrificing the GPA. It was probably a bit too realistic...LOL

Sim 2 University I had a ball with the Greek house and Secret Society and all my sims friends were there some in the same dorms and some in different dorms. My Sims hung out at the coffee house, the campus night club, the campus bowling alley, the campus diner etc. LOADS of fun for me.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I really wanted a werewolf pack so that I can make stories of newcomers werewolf family planning to take over the world and wage war with vampires who seems to be infesting each towns in my game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited January 2019

@loubyloulou @DanmanNefarius @RememberJoy: I would rather recommend this mod (same site):
    TownieOverhaul_LessFame (MiscMods): With this mod, celebrities will no longer invade all lots in your neighbourhoods. The mod also reduces the generation of new townies significantly. The only Sims that will be generated are those with special traits or careers required. There is a separate package for the Jungle natives. As soon as you install that package, no further natives will be created. For reduced celebrities in restaurants please download my restaurantguestoverhaul mod.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen