Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let’s guess what the next pack will be, and the Feb. update!

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would like a bit more than a stuff pack when it comes to cars. Since Sims can walk through a neighborhood, I think it would be nice to see a car pull away from the house before a travel screen. I also would like to see them be able to fix cars up, but I would also like to see teenagers be able to learn to drive. See a car pull into a garage., listen to music in the car, and be able to make out in a car. I would like t see a good variety of cars in a variety of colors. I think it would be neat if they added a new lot too.... a filling station/car wash/garage/ minimart that you can create yourself with a few items that have to be there like any other lot . You should be able to drive (with travel screen) there like any lot. I don’t think a stuff pack would be enough, I believe it would at least take a game pack...... however a basic car could be added to the game without a pack, but it certainly should include at least a game pack following the introduction of cars.

As the game wasn't designed with cars in mind, many lots aren't even attached to roads. At the moment they're hesitating to even add cars. I doubt they would rewrite the game mechanics to allow the cars to travel on the roads we do have.

If we do get cars they will probably be more or less stationery objects (kind of like in the Sims 2). The sim will get in, and the loading screen will pop up. Training teens to drive, if included, would most likely be a rabbit hole.

That's in interesting point RememberJoy. :o

They don't necessarily have to rewrite anything, if they just add cars in, and do loading screens, it's still something. Sims 2 did it, and it worked fine. But maybe people are a little controversial when it comes to those topics, with Sims 3 in mind.

Imagine though, if you just walked to the road, then hoped in a car, and saw it take off a bit with your Sim, loading screen, and end up wherever. Imagine, if you ran out of fuel in the car, so you spawn in a random location in the middle of nowhere, and you can get abducted by aliens waiting for a mechanic person to come and fix it- if you don't have the skill yourself? Imagine if you had to get other Sims to push start your old crappy car, cause you bought a cheap one? Imagine if you could go to more distant locations by Car, even so- taking other transport like the Tram in Sims 4 area, which is a pretty cool idea. Cars would give more freedom, and adventure to the game. Imagine, pulling up to a park or forest area to camp there? Imagine, running out of fuel and having to pull in to a service station, which can be robbed by criminals in the most ridiculous way. Imagine silly detail of a speeding car being chased by police, going past the station or wherever you are, then seeing it on the evening TV news? Imagine a new loading screen where its your Sim in the front seat, bobbing away to the radio with the countryside/houses going past them outside? Imagine meeting new people on the side of the road, like hitch-hikers. Imagine getting lost, and you can explore a new area or place, that you can only find, by getting lost? There is so much!! My brain cannot stop. :D

It will just add a different way of moving the Sims around in a general direction, could add racing! Go karts! Could even make the racetrack a lot to visit somewhere. Some cool new features, at the cost of some time and patience, that you can interact with. Just a smidge of detail in those areas, it should be okay. I didn't hear too many people complain about cars before, apart from the fact that they liked them in the game.

It's a really big can of worms. Let's see what we can do. :smiley:
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think I'm the only one hoping that there isn't a game pack February. I think just a stuff pack would be nice. Just thinking about getting a new gp, surprisingly, stresses me out more than excites me.

Think about it: expansion, expansion, then gp all in a row. Even though there were dead months in between, it seems sort of excessive.

But that's probably just me lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I don't think we'll get a pack in February. Some bug fixes, maybe a bit of free stuff (Sims anniversary; Valentine's?) but no pack. I don't think we'll get a GP this month - too soon after Get Famous.
  • Options
    KarinaDKarinaD Posts: 17 Member
    We might not get a GP for February, but if we do, I'd like to have something that spices the romance between my sims up. Like something that adds the slow dancing and stargazing interactions. Something to make Valentines day in Seasons a bit more realistic (maybe a chocolate factory can get added and sims can buy chocolates for their loved ones). It feels like I'm describing a Valentines day SP though.

But what ever comes next, I'm excited!!! :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    > @Armilus616 said:

Yeah, the second one. I don't think we will see anything in February, they seem to want to move more toward releasing larger packs, their answer when it comes to cars for example are that they would like to include them in the game but they do not just want to add them to the game, they want to release it with a larger pack. Witches are possible, it's just that they probably want to add them with another world, as they did with vampires and I am getting the impression that the game cannot handle more lots, given how few there were in Get Famous.

I hope it's not that. It could certainly be that this is the reason the world didn't have as many lots, but I hope it's not.
    (Has anyone experienced more lag from having more worlds in the game?)
    I hope it's rather something along the lines of "There is only so much money the Devs can spend on creating content per pack, and worlds cost more the more lots they have, public space doesn't matter as much, and the Devs decided that other things are more important than having a bunch of lots." Though I don't have any evidence for either of the two possible reasons.

Me neither, I do not know much about game development, so I am just speculating. One thing that I understand is that developing these packs take a lot of time and they are all working with constraints in the form of time, budget and what their engine can handle. So from what they have released so far, I am getting the impression that they are constrained by something, be it budget, or that their team is small or whatever, I am surprised how some features that sounds so simple, like spiral staircases are apparently super difficult to add to the game, which gives me the impression that they already have a plan. So new things that the community want, they can only add to their upcoming projects, not projects that are about to release like a potential pack in February and it also looks like they need to plan a lot ahead for whatever feature they want to add to the game (like the response about cars), it's not so simple as just to create a mod, they probably need to create a project that has budget for it, before they can add it to the game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,452 Member
    KarinaD wrote: »
    We might not get a GP for February, but if we do, I'd like to have something that spices the romance between my sims up. Like something that adds the slow dancing and stargazing interactions. Something to make Valentines day in Seasons a bit more realistic (maybe a chocolate factory can get added and sims can buy chocolates for their loved ones). It feels like I'm describing a Valentines day SP though.

But what ever comes next, I'm excited!!! :D
    Yes and a Honeymoon Destination needs to come with it.
  • Options
    If there is a new pack coming in February I feel like it will be announced before the Next Maxis Monthly since Kate said that packs won't be getting announced on the Maxis Monthly's.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,332 Member
    I'm worried that the answer will be...nothing. The gurus seem super busy, and there are bugs in the game now that has not been addressed at all. What I am hoping for are bug fixes, that and possibly cars, who will just be static objects. I am not hopeful for anything major like witches or spiral staircases, they do not seem interested to add something major to the game anymore.

Cars are major.

I don't understand how you think cars will work in TS4, especially in a patch?
    Drivable cars meaning rewriting the engine to make roads usable, which is sadly, unlikely..
    If it comes as a GP then it can be a garage GP maybe you can work as a mechanic active career..
    I don't see any other ways how cars will be implemented in sims 4..
  • Options
    If there is a new pack coming in February I feel like it will be announced before the Next Maxis Monthly since Kate said that packs won't be getting announced on the Maxis Monthly's.

What is Maxis Monthly?
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    I'm worried that the answer will be...nothing. The gurus seem super busy, and there are bugs in the game now that has not been addressed at all. What I am hoping for are bug fixes, that and possibly cars, who will just be static objects. I am not hopeful for anything major like witches or spiral staircases, they do not seem interested to add something major to the game anymore.

Cars are major.

Drivable cars meaning rewriting the engine to make roads usable, which is sadly, unlikely..
    If it comes as a GP then it can be a garage GP maybe you can work as a mechanic active career..

Fair enough.

Hope is not for everyone, and that's okay. I don't expect it to happen immediately, but picturing and visualising how it could be, is the first step. Saying "it won't happen", probably means it won't. Not impossible, but since no one supports it, maybe not. They could add a hidden default track for cars to go down roads as an overlay, like a Sim going around a building, cause there's a wall there. And if there's something in the way, which will be a Sim. They honk their horn, and go off at them, until they move. The car continues, then disappears at the edge of the neighbourhood. Making the Car, would be setting that car, as a Sim, and the animation of the wheels turning.

Stuff like that, people need to believe.

And eventually from there, they could add more. Not impossible, but saying the game mechanics, which I am not too sure about, why couldn't they do that?
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member

Cars are major.

The Guru's have said cars are possible in Sims 4 if they think they can work I'm not going to disagree. What do you mean by "especially in a patch" everything is downloaded into the game be it expansion or patch there really is no difference besides patches being base game and whatever is added can be expanded in future expansions game and stuff packs. I really wonder if any work was done on cars before the game was released I remember during development SimGuruGraham saying cars would be in the game before they said cars would not.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Cars are major.

The Guru's have said cars are possible in Sims 4 if they think they can work I'm not going to disagree. What do you mean by "especially in a patch" everything is downloaded into the game be it expansion or patch there really is no difference besides patches being base game and whatever is added can be expanded in future expansions game and stuff packs. I really wonder if any work was done on cars before the game was released I remember during development SimGuruGraham saying cars would be in the game before they said cars would not.

It's interesting, because pools came later too. Same with Toddlers I believe. So it most possibly will be the case.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

She only said that they wouldn't be announcing a new pack in the January Maxis Monthly, and someone misread that and the rumour took off.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Cars are major.

That was Grant. It's okay, everybody gets their names mixed up. :p

"Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen."
    http://www.thesims4blogger.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-qa-with-simgurugrant
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

She only said that they wouldn't be announcing a new pack in the January Maxis Monthly, and someone misread that and the rumour took off.

No, she actually said more than once that pack announcements won't be made during Maxis Monthlys.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

No. Kate explicitly said that they do not announce packs on live streams. As always, packs are announced through the official blog and social media channels like Twitter and YouTube.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2019
    to be honest i'd rather have a patch that fixes the problems tons of folks have with GF. i just don't see why i should invest another penny if the developers cannot be bothered to make the game work again instead of the celebrity clogs everything snoozefest that it is now. if you don't use mods all public lots are just yawnfest now once a celeb shows up, and they Always do... i know stay at home players don't have these issues, but i am a get out of the door and explore the world kinda player, and right now i wonder why i even bother anymore because it is just one big celebrity worship trip every time i go out the door, and it is getting old really fast.once in a while is fine and realistic since...well...for some reason people love throwing away their personal dignity and worship celebs, but every freaking time i visit any lot? that is overkill (which is a very common phenomenon in the sims the last few years whenever they add a new feature…) especially since they react the same to ANY celeb 2-5 stars that shows up. in that extent the Sims 3 did it better where the fan reaction was scaled with how big the celeb was. they would go ballistic over a 5 star superstar and be more like ohh it's Tiara Angelista when a 2 star went by, which made the star scale a lot more realistic. now they would act the same around Tiara as they would about Emmy Starr or Matthew Hamming, making the whole star system pointless apart from the (pretty useless unless a new start) perks. why go all the way to 5 stars if 2 is enough to make the crowd go wild? better yet ;p 2 star is the best atm: all the fanfare and celebrity experience WITHOUT the nuissances like the Paparazzi and celebrity walk or shine (i don't mind it but many folks hate it). sure some perks are good but none is worth all the annoyances, the Paparazzi in particular. and another real headache for me at least is the explosive spawning of those horrible random townies that now flood the world and dominate the game. i want to talk and befriend the premade families since they have a story and character developement potential. the randoms are just...there, and yet the game uses premades as bartenders and bouncers while those awful Genji Ghomari freaks stalk my female sims hoping to score >.< yeah, like i'd ever want those abominations to mate with my sims...no thank you -.-
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • Options
    to be honest i'd rather have a patch that fixes the problems tons of folks have with GF. i just don't see why i should invest another penny if the developers cannot be bothered to make the game work again instead of the celebrity clogs everything snoozefest that it is now. if you don't use mods all public lots are just yawnfest now once a celeb shows up, and they Always do... i know stay at home players don't have these issues, but i am a get out of the door and explore the world kinda player, and right now i wonder why i even bother anymore because it is just one big celebrity worship trip every time i go out the door, and it is getting old really fast.once in a while is fine and realistic since...well...for some reason people love throwing away their personal dignity and worship celebs, but every freaking time i visit any lot? that is overkill (which is a very common phenomenon in the sims the last few years whenever they add a new feature…) especially since they react the same to ANY celeb 2-5 stars that shows up. in that extent the Sims 3 did it better where the fan reaction was scaled with how big the celeb was. they would go ballistic over a 5 star superstar and be more like ohh it's Tiara Angelista when a 2 star went by, which made the star scale a lot more realistic. now they would act the same around Tiara as they would about Emmy Starr or Matthew Hamming, making the whole star system pointless apart from the (pretty useless unless a new start) perks. why go all the way to 5 stars if 2 is enough to make the crowd go wild? better yet ;p 2 star is the best atm: all the fanfare and celebrity experience WITHOUT the nuissances like the Paparazzi and celebrity walk or shine (i don't mind it but many folks hate it). sure some perks are good but none is worth all the annoyances, the Paparazzi in particular.

Perhaps there is a trait to unlock, to go 'incognito', or 'decoy', and there is another Sim who looks like you taking all the attention of you or something. Have that as a toggle if you want everyone to appear perhaps? I am not entirely sure, I don't have 'Get Famous' myself, but I want to when they add a better movie making system and allow more freedom in that writing and acting area. I don't know otherwise, sorry. :(
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Captain_C wrote: »
    Perhaps there is a trait to unlock, to go 'incognito', or 'decoy', and there is another Sim who looks like you taking all the attention of you or something. Have that as a toggle if you want everyone to appear perhaps? I am not entirely sure, I don't have 'Get Famous' myself, but I want to when they add a better movie making system and allow more freedom in that writing and acting area. I don't know otherwise, sorry. :(

you can use a disguise, but the ai controlled sims won't. that's the whole problem. what's the point of going incognito to avoid this problem when an ai controlled celeb will just waltz in and clog the whole club including the DJ all night? the whole fan and paparazzi hounding my sims is just the price of fame, and i can live with that. but as it is now the whole lot will do nothing BUT talking about or gawking at celebs all day every day making the game dull and boring for me to the point where i am actually considering removing GF untill they tone this down a notch or three. celebs are a fun addition but i just found the Sims 3 system a lot better designed. right now they act the same around some B-lister like they would act around Freddy Mercury or Ariana Grande, and they will just not stop: they gawk at celebs and leave just for the next bunch to come in and do the same all over again. what's the point of going to a lounge or night club just to dance alone and then stand still because the DJ keeps gawking at a dancing or posing celebrity like the rest of the crowd? and this happens on every lot all the times since the game will Always spawn a celebrity visiting the lot. in TS 3 they would pay some attention to a celeb but after that just carry on with their business, now in GF every non-celeb will do nothing else anymore but gawk at a celeb, superstar or B-lister who cares or whisper/enthousiast over celebs all day.

the acting career tho is pretty fun imo even tho it is a bit of a once done you have seen it all thing, but i dislike the game enforcing friendship with random pears in order to advance. even tho i made Zoe Patel, Summer Holiday and a self-made Tiara Angelista, Emmy Starr and Matthew Hamming join the career the game still spawns Genji's to act as my co-players -.-

as it is right now i would't recommend getting GF to be entirely honest unless you are a stay at home player… community lots are really boring atm because celebs appear way too commonly and every single sim which isn't a celeb is forced to be a fan and hang around the celebs all day, and once they start dancing or stuff... prepare for a lot of stuck sims...

• Options

you can use a disguise, but the ai controlled sims won't. that's the whole problem. what's the point of going incognito to avoid this problem when an ai controlled celeb will just waltz in and clog the whole club including the DJ all night? the whole fan and paparazzi hounding my sims is just the price of fame, and i can live with that. but as it is now the whole lot will do nothing BUT talking about or gawking at celebs all day every day making the game dull and boring for me to the point where i am actually considering removing GF untill they tone this down a notch or three. celebs are a fun addition but i just found the Sims 3 system a lot better designed. right now they act the same around some B-lister like they would act around Freddy Mercury or Ariana Grande.

the acting career tho is pretty fun imo even tho it is a bit of a once done you have seen it all thing, but i dislike the game enforcing friendship with random pears in order to advance. even tho i made Zoe Patel, Summer Holiday and a self-made Tiara Angelista, Emmy Starr and Matthew Hamming join the career the game still spawns Genji's to act as my co-players -.-

as it is right now i would't recommend getting GF to be entirely honest unless you are a stay at home player… community lots are really boring atm because celebs appear way too commonly and every single sim which isn't a celeb is forced to be a fan and hang around the celebs all day, and once they start dancing or stuff... prepare for a lot of stuck sims...

:D

You could use the 'Get Together' pack and add the crowd in separate groups. Then they can disappear. Not sure how that would work though, but it's possible. :wink:
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019

:D

You could use the 'Get Together' pack and add the crowd in separate groups. Then they can disappear. Not sure how that would work though, but it's possible. :wink:

the club and grouping system works for this yes and it is the only sollution i found to counter this to some extent. it still won't stop the rest of the lot from becoming mindless celeb drones tho. but you're right, the club system can be used to at least protect your favorites from this nonsense. making them 1 star celebs with cheats also works to stop your favorites from becoming fans which are extremely aggrevating since the game makes them act like 🐸🐸🐸🐸: why on earth would a lv 8 guitar player like Sofia Bjergsen go all ballistic over a noobie lv 2 player just because that said noobie has 2 celeb stars? makes no bloody sense to me tbh. and the point still stands: it needs a dial down. for all i care they copy the sims 3 system again, where the rest of the lot would act happy about seeing a celeb for a few moments but then just carry on with their day so the lot doesn't turn into a 1 celeb doing his thing and the rest hanging around him/her like braindead zombies all day untill they leave just for the next gaggle of headless chickens to come in and do the same all over.
  • Options

Cars are major.

Teleportation but also the option to do interactions in the car.
  • Options

No Kate said in a tweet packs won't get announced during any maxis montly
  • Options

What is Maxis Monthly?

They show what has happened with TS4,Freeplay and Sims Mobile and sometimes what's coming in the update.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member

Yeah I find this annoying too. Right now I'm just using MCCC to tell the celeb to leave the lot. I wish that they only spawned in hot spots and up and coming spots. Then we could control where we wanted them to appear.

Have you come across any mods that solve this problem? I looked but couldn't find any.