Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let’s guess what the next pack will be, and the Feb. update!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Still waiting for my witches. I feel 2019's the year.

Anyhoo haven't been around much lately: has it been confirmed that there will be a new pack in Feb or are we just speculating? Any hints? Rumours? :D
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited January 2019
    83bienchen wrote: »

as it is right now i would't recommend getting GF to be entirely honest unless you are a stay at home player… community lots are really boring atm because celebs appear way too commonly and every single sim which isn't a celeb is forced to be a fan and hang around the celebs all day, and once they start dancing or stuff... prepare for a lot of stuck sims...

Yeah I find this annoying too. Right now I'm just using MCCC to tell the celeb to leave the lot. I wish that they only spawned in hot spots and up and coming spots. Then we could control where we wanted them to appear.

Have you come across any mods that solve this problem? I looked but couldn't find any.

I don't know if this one might help a little with extreme reactions to celebs in community lots: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Scroll down a way and it's called 'lesscelebreact'. Description: "Tunes down the reaction to celebs a bit. Especially DJs will no longer constantly forget about their task. When a star starts posing, they will still cheer a bit, but will go back to duty quickly."

@loubyloulou @DanmanNefarius @RememberJoy: I would rather recommend this mod (same site):
    TownieOverhaul_LessFame (MiscMods): With this mod, celebrities will no longer invade all lots in your neighbourhoods. The mod also reduces the generation of new townies significantly. The only Sims that will be generated are those with special traits or careers required. There is a separate package for the Jungle natives. As soon as you install that package, no further natives will be created. For reduced celebrities in restaurants please download my restaurantguestoverhaul mod.

Sounds good - do you know if it conflicts with Deaderpool's MCCC @83bienchen?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,450 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Anyhoo haven't been around much lately: has it been confirmed that there will be a new pack in Feb or are we just speculating? Any hints? Rumours? :D

@SimTrippy Nothing confirmed or hinted. But there was information released from the voice actors recently (December, I think?) with clips of Simlish that some think sounded like it could possibly be Witches or potions or spells. There was a specific word in Simlish, "Strahn-gie", which some have interpreted as "strange" that was voiced. So I'm trying not to hope too hard that we're getting the next Occult, but it's possible. Usually when voice over work is done, it means something is wrapping up and almost finished. Voice work is usually one of the last things to be added in video games.

On the other hand, I've also seen some people speculate University from the same info, but I don't see it. However, with Simlish, it's just hard to tell sometimes.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I found the clip here:
    https://youtu.be/yB8SIo4EPZQ
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

@SimTrippy Nothing confirmed or hinted. But there was information released from the voice actors recently (December, I think?) with clips of Simlish that some think sounded like it could possibly be Witches or potions or spells. There was a specific word in Simlish, "Strahn-gie", which some have interpreted as "strange" that was voiced. So I'm trying not to hope too hard that we're getting the next Occult, but it's possible. Usually when voice over work is done, it means something is wrapping up and almost finished. Voice work is usually one of the last things to be added in video games.

On the other hand, I've also seen some people speculate University from the same info, but I don't see it. However, with Simlish, it's just hard to tell sometimes.

Witches would be strahn-gelie awesome so one can only hope that's the correct interpretation lol. Not that I mind a uni pack, but uch .. I'd be so hyped if I could finally play my favourite sims again <3 I'd be even more hyped if it was en EP, but well, let's try not to underdeliver on our own expectations :joy:

Thanks anyway for the clarifications @LiELF! Nice to see your around btw, I hope you're doing well!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Whats
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I would bet on University! I hope it is, since I've gone the honest/hard work , no cheats route . Would be fun to see my sims work their way up through college courses to success! :)

No offense, but how would that be fun?
    Personally, I found University in Sims 3 rather boring. I don't ask because I hate or want to offend or something, I ask because I want to understand why so many people want University and what they all want from a university pack.
    So far, I haven't gotten any answer from anyone.
    My best guess is that this is a "This is supposed to be realistic, so if it exists IRL, it needs to be added to the game, no matter if it is fun or not!" kind of feature just like doing laundry.

To be honest, I find this question to be a bit bizarre. It's almost like you never before realized that not everyone find the same things fun or boring. What might be boring to you is a ton of fun for me. I can not truly get into a life simulation with key parts of life missing. College is not a boring experience.

I also want more active careers that require college , to come with Uni. So that college has a reward system . Just like in real life many higher paid careers require education.

And I also want active school for kids. Because while you may not get it, rabbitholes break immersion for me. I want to feel involved in my sim kids daily lives. Not just watch them disappear for a few hours.

Im sure there's gameplay you want, that I would not be into, but I wouldnt tell you whats boring to me, should be boring to you @Armilus616 And if you wish to respond @ me, because I wont know otherwise.

I didn't find the question to be bizarre. Maybe @Armilus616 wanted to know what they might do during college that might interest @Armilus616. I found University boring in Sims 3 but then I read sims stories from like @CK213 and got ideas to make it more interesting. In the end, it was still boring for me because I could not have all my Sim friends go to college together unless I moved them in the same house. I also felt like my sims had to really buckle down and study if I wanted them to get an A. I felt like I really didn't get a chance to have fun without sacrificing the GPA. It was probably a bit too realistic...LOL

Sim 2 University I had a ball with the Greek house and Secret Society and all my sims friends were there some in the same dorms and some in different dorms. My Sims hung out at the coffee house, the campus night club, the campus bowling alley, the campus diner etc. LOADS of fun for me.

Uni can be like that.
    I remember in TS2, I would have my sims create University Survival packs.
    I would make sure they had all the objects in their inventories to make university more fun and not spend all their time studying.
    All the cool reward objects that their parents earned would be transferred to their inventories: Sim Vac, Thinking caps, fruits for energy juices, robots to bring food and attack the cow mascot. There were all kinds of things, including built in Uni game play that made finding more time for fun possible. That was part of the fun for university for me--figuring out all the things I could use to allow my sims to have a great time at Uni. I certainly remember those Uni all-nighters where they would load up on juices and coffee and cram on all their course requirements.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,450 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Witches would be strahn-gelie awesome so one can only hope that's the correct interpretation lol. Not that I mind a uni pack, but uch .. I'd be so hyped if I could finally play my favourite sims again <3 I'd be even more hyped if it was en EP, but well, let's try not to underdeliver on our own expectations :joy:

Thanks anyway for the clarifications @LiELF! Nice to see your around btw, I hope you're doing well!

I am! Glad to see you've returned! I look forward to celebrating Witches with you (if we're lucky!) and rallying team Supernatural. >:):D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's been a while since we've had a new supernatural (playable, anyway) added, so I'm also going to go with witches.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    i'd rather have a good werewolf this time, tho witches are also fine by me. as long as they don't make them like the ts 3 werewolves...or well.. more like human Household pets since they were pathetic. i did love the alpha wolf reward tho XD nothing more amusing than watching all sims on the lot (except the evil and the brave daredevils) pee their pants and faint in horror when MY wolfie came to town. but yeah, if you add werewolves, at least make them fiercer this time, because: hitting a werewolf with a newspaper??? for realz??
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2019
    Suprisingly 15% of people so far think the next pack will be carnivals.

Edit
    Poll resuts don't show unless your on Twitter.

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I really, really hope it's something magical. Werewolves, witches, fairies... I'll be happy with whatever.

Like others have said, it's been two years since Vampires came out, and that was the last supernatural pack we got. I know lots of players want their gameplay to be realistic, but I think it's time fantasy fans got something for us, too.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't know, but right now I feel like it's been a long time since we've had any information what so ever and I need to vent.

I'm glad they're addressing bug issues in the next patch. It's much needed and i'll be happy for them. As far as free content not sure but it doesn't bother me one way or another if we get free content in the patches. I just hope and keep my fingers crossed that they'll announce some kind of information for upcoming packs.

I don't think we're gonna get a pack this month but maybe March or April. It's like simguruKate said they haven't announced any paid content since July 2018, which was for Get Famous. That was six months ago. Perhaps some of the appeal playing other variations of the game was that we got more information about what's next more so than we do now.

As far as speculating i'd love to see any number of the things mentioned so far.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Whats
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I would bet on University! I hope it is, since I've gone the honest/hard work , no cheats route . Would be fun to see my sims work their way up through college courses to success! :)

No offense, but how would that be fun?
    Personally, I found University in Sims 3 rather boring. I don't ask because I hate or want to offend or something, I ask because I want to understand why so many people want University and what they all want from a university pack.
    So far, I haven't gotten any answer from anyone.
    My best guess is that this is a "This is supposed to be realistic, so if it exists IRL, it needs to be added to the game, no matter if it is fun or not!" kind of feature just like doing laundry.

To be honest, I find this question to be a bit bizarre. It's almost like you never before realized that not everyone find the same things fun or boring. What might be boring to you is a ton of fun for me. I can not truly get into a life simulation with key parts of life missing. College is not a boring experience.

I also want more active careers that require college , to come with Uni. So that college has a reward system . Just like in real life many higher paid careers require education.

And I also want active school for kids. Because while you may not get it, rabbitholes break immersion for me. I want to feel involved in my sim kids daily lives. Not just watch them disappear for a few hours.

Im sure there's gameplay you want, that I would not be into, but I wouldnt tell you whats boring to me, should be boring to you @Armilus616 And if you wish to respond @ me, because I wont know otherwise.

I didn't find the question to be bizarre. Maybe @Armilus616 wanted to know what they might do during college that might interest @Armilus616. I found University boring in Sims 3 but then I read sims stories from like @CK213 and got ideas to make it more interesting. In the end, it was still boring for me because I could not have all my Sim friends go to college together unless I moved them in the same house. I also felt like my sims had to really buckle down and study if I wanted them to get an A. I felt like I really didn't get a chance to have fun without sacrificing the GPA. It was probably a bit too realistic...LOL

Sim 2 University I had a ball with the Greek house and Secret Society and all my sims friends were there some in the same dorms and some in different dorms. My Sims hung out at the coffee house, the campus night club, the campus bowling alley, the campus diner etc. LOADS of fun for me.

Uni can be like that.
    I remember in TS2, I would have my sims create University Survival packs.
    I would make sure they had all the objects in their inventories to make university more fun and not spend all their time studying.
    All the cool reward objects that their parents earned would be transferred to their inventories: Sim Vac, Thinking caps, fruits for energy juices, robots to bring food and attack the cow mascot. There were all kinds of things, including built in Uni game play that made finding more time for fun possible. That was part of the fun for university for me--figuring out all the things I could use to allow my sims to have a great time at Uni. I certainly remember those Uni all-nighters where they would load up on juices and coffee and cram on all their course requirements.

AHHH so that was the trick!!! I wish I would have thought about that in Sims 3. Now that I think about it in sims 2, I had most of the seasons set to Fall which helped fill the bar quickly so I could skip classes and such. The hack easy computer helped learn skills fast and insta write the term paper so I had more time to do things outside of study.