Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 005 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    @Karise Thanks! I hope I complete them too, but it's not looking to good right now. I blame the work glitch before that got fixed
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @SalemSvartulv, congrats on the wedding and baby. How funny Grim runs outside for the fire!

@mojot89, how cool that you have identical twins. They look great. I love that they are so close. That was a good comeback with the painting contest! Way to go Adalind! I hope it won't be a housefail. You are so close!
  • Options
    @illusie I'm sure it will be a fail. He only works twice before the twins age up. So I'm sure it'll end in a fail. *sigh*
  • Options
    oh no :(
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Okay, so here's where i stand with house 5: all the goals are completed, with the exception of one of the artist career branches. And while i was playing this house there was a glitch that happened where if you went into manage worlds or CAS, when you returned to the game, the sim who was at work would come home before completing their shift and you could not send them back. I know for a fact this happened to my sim at least 3 times. Now he's currently just below the green section needed for the final promotion on his progress bar. And he wont get that promotion before the heir grows up.

So heres my question: Do I count this as a fail and just try over, or do I count this as completed because his progress was hindered by a glitch in the game?
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    hi there! how's everything? after taking a break from simming, I felt like getting back into the Chaneys a couple days ago!

@mojot89 oh no :open_mouth: I hope you get that promotion in time! but also, I think it wouldn't really be considered a house fail because it was caused by a glitch? I hope so! I'm already looking foward Chloe being the next drifter!

in my game things have been going on pretty well! I haven't played a lot because I had a lot of birthdays and I take too much giving makeovers and redecorating rooms xD but the goals are getting slowly done!°

pMlZIQn.png
    the treasure hunt was really fun! when I started the house I rolled the pairs I was going to look for, and a couple were tricky, but I got them! I must say cold/hot weather outfits really helped xD
    Anyways, we have:
    White Shoes . Roderick knott
    Red Make up . Vanessa Behr
    Blue Top - Alden Munch
    Brown Hair - Shelley Carlin
    Yellow Skirt - Celeste Vidal
    Pink Accesories - Colton Fitch
    Purple Hat - Ian Morse (one of Krystal's twins, but I counted him because he grew up with that weird scarf)
    Green Socks - Olivia Carlin
    Black Bottoms . Analisa Moyer

its really great to have this complete! I also already have the house over the needed value, i think is 116k so far and I still need to decorate a lot!
    and the boys are level 7 and 8 in their careers, all with Victoria still being a child! I'm pretty confident about this

and now into the family~

I think I didnt mentioned before, but before my break I had made Gavin and Krystal try for a baby, and they were successfull!
    xhXGv7T.png
    2UaNXz9.png
    here's the little one, its a boy, and his name is Axel!
    WkoQ6F1.png
    XtHr7mT.png
    he's adorable! he got Gavin's eyes and hair, looks like the boy's genes were strong this generation!

KeW0uSM.png
    the twins also got a birthdaty! and their first action as teens was to fight xD (it was neighborhood brawl day so its fine xD)
    HDghrf7.png
    they spend a lot of time in the Chaney house btw xD I love having two houses and everyone walking everywhere :heart:
    also that's Ian on the left and Colt on the right! both of them grew up to be dog lovers )kinda bummed I have a full house and can't get them a dog!)

ySHpqcr.png
    a9zTsQJ.png
    and Victoria had her birthday too! she's beautiful :heart: aaand she's hot-headed xD so that's a fun start for my next heir

OwgeNRc.png
    and Laurel finally accepted Travis' proposal! I'm excited, I already have the wedding party planned for next weekend!

qoFrSs5.png
    And finally, I'm gonna leave some funny bits xD! I'm not sure why, but Laurel decided to dance with Tori... in the nude! it was hilarious!

I think that's everything I have to say! there's still a lot to play but I hope to get it done soon~ I may do another update soon, once I finish the wedding!
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @mojot89 Personally I don't think it's a house fail as it's caused by a glitch but it's up to you if you want to do it over again. :smile:

@salem Welcome back - sometimes you just need a break. Great update.
  • Options
    @mojot89, I would not consider it a house fail either!

@SalemSvartulv, welcome back! Congrats on the baby and engagement. The last picture is funny :D
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @Karise yup, sometimes you need to take a step back to avoid burning yourself out xD thankfully, the drifters are one those challenge that always stays interesting
    @illusie thanks! lots of things have been happening in my game lately!
    @mojot89 glad we all agree :D already excited for next chapter!

going back into my game, currently I have played until Victoria's teen birthday, lots of things have been happening :D
    startning with the wedding:

pr9cXJK.png
    soKzf7t.png
    8v1g5zP.png
    where Travis took the chance to practice his photography! Also, Tori looked so pretty on her formal wear :heart:
    qNAKfgA.png
    OYIsRo2.png
    KEi1sd5.png
    here are some random pictures, I was lucky with the kiss shot! my game was lagging a little and I didn't knew if I had got it xD
    also weird thing about the wedding, the objectives never showed up for some reason! the party ended up being bronze, but I'm not even sure how xD

b2B8K3A.png
    in other things, this picture made me realize Travis needs to work out a little xD so now with most of the goals of the house completed, I have decided to make a personal goal to have he and Gavin working in the Bodybuilder aspiration
    lWXycf7.png
    cndkjvb.png

wUQaeBZ.png
    and Gavin is helping Laurel get some promotions on her career! I must admit that I love their friendship, they're both goofballs and spend a lot of time playing chess xD

and then we got a lot of birthdays!
    XMBLkM4.png
    Axel grew up to be ...Gloomy xD (I've had the worst/weirdest luck with traits lately xD)
    kMVK4o2.png
    n67YlHX.png
    then it was the twins... Ian is lazy and Colt Mean xD
    OGOlnIS.png
    and finally... Victoria became a teen...who hates children xD I think she spent a little too much time with dad
    I took a CAS picture of her because I was really impressed that she looks a looot like Kenya, house 003 spouse! I wasn't expecting that to be honest xD

gq6QtBh.png
    and just to finish this, another goal completed! Travis is oficially a master phorographer
    93Srwvg.png
    now he can use his free time to reconect with his music-lover past ;) I finally bought him a guitar like the one he had as a teen

so yeah, at this point its only waiting for the last prmotions from the boys! Travis is level 9 and Gavin 8, I think they will make it alright, but wish me luck :D I'll let you know once the house is completed
    Post edited by SalemSvartulv on
  • Options
    So many birthdays! Congrats on the wedding. Sounds like you are right on track and that you will be able to complete all goals in time
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Congrats on the wedding and birthdays. Sounds like you're on the right track to finish :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks! I love having so many birthdays! Its always fun to find out how the kids look as they grow up!
    I'm pretty close to finish, just the last 5-6 days I think, but... At this point I'm afraid I may have my first house fail! I was so sure the boys had enough time to get their last promotions, but I didn't considered Christmas and New Year's Eve getting un the way! :tired_face: so while Gavin will have three more shifts before Victoria's birthday, Travis only has one more! He lost two in this week :/ I stll think he may get his last promotion...but I'm worried

I'll let you know once I get to play this last week, wish me luck!
  • Options
    Good luck, @SalemSvartulv! I hope he will get that promotion!
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Good luck
  • Options
    It ended up being a house fail! I just played until wednesday and Gavin came back with his final promotion, but Travis did not :tired_face: he's already in the 'excellent' line, but he doesn't get another shift until saturday, and Victoria's birthday is on Friday, I'm so mad :lol:
    I'm gonna think a little about what I want to do and play some of my other challenges xD I'm not sure if I want to keep going with this house failed or if I want to playit again...or take the chance to officially start my Sims blog with another drifter story from scratch xD but I'll let you know
  • Options
    I've noticed if your sims don't age up on midnight on the day of their birthday. I always use the birthday cake so not sure if the game would give you enough time for the promotion. But I think it is worth a try. Problably won't have enough time though.

Sorry to hear it's going to be a housefail @SalemSvartulv
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Sorry to hear it's a house fail.
  • Options
    @Illusie yeah, I have some experience with that, in some of my other challenge I would wait until the last minute to age up toddlers/kids for the aspirations, they take a couple extra hours to age up on their own, but I don't think it would be enough for Travis to come back home, that would need almost a whole day xD
    @Karise yeah! it was so close! but oh well, next time would go better I hope! xD
  • Options
    So I finally decided what to do about the house fail xD I didn't really felt like restarting the house for one day, so I decided to keep going :D I just made a little 'punishment' and decided I would stay the extra day in house 005, taking a day from Victoria's lifespan (and with next house being that one, I'm probably gonna regret it xD I'm already scared about it
    but anyways, Travis came back on saturday with his last promotion and I stopped playing, I'm gonna share the last update from the house before starting with house 006

OmyFudY.png
    Axel aged up to teen! he looks like an angel with that hair and eyes xD and funny enough, he's Mean!

dslmFIx.png
    this was the moment Gavin topped his career, it was bittersweet for Travisa xD but oh well!
    CAEUHZg.png
    and since there was no use for him to keep working, I made him retire and he used some of that extra time to help Victoria get some skills, it wasn't mucfh, but we drifters know that every bit helps! also, I must admit I kinda feel Tori closer to Gavin than Travis, I blame the hates children trait xD
    585FaUo.png
    Travis helped out too of course, I had him talking her about cooking and handiness everytime I could so she doesn't starts blind on that xD
    B7Ynx1t.png
    also, elders look so weird when they do the bodybuilding aspiration! xD but they finshed it! at least I don't have to worry about my boys dying so soon :hear

and aparently I forgot to take the picture about Travis' last promotion xD I was mostly playing on 3 speed and kinda worried about he failing again, so as soon as he got home I saved and exited to start getting Victoria ready for house 006 xD butr I promise, he got to the top!
    I already have a roommate picked for Victoria :D an extra spare from my Random Legacy Challenge, but I'll let you meet him on house 006 thread once I finish preparations

for now I can say that even with this technically fail, house 005 was a blast! I really love painting, and it was my first time really experimenting with photography, I feel like I should use it more from now on :heart:
    also, the house is already up on the gallery under the username Ginnynena! just for some reason is marked with CC, I know I didn't used any CC, but you know how it is xD
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Glad you sorted out what you wanted to do. Good luck for house 6.
  • Options
    thanks :D I really wanted to play with Victoria so it feels really good to be able now
    also, looks like I did had Travis' last promotion picture! it just wasn't showing up for some reason, but here it is

4RfB0qL.png

and now I finally move to house 006 ;)
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Good luck with house 6!
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi y'all!

I'm so excited to say that the Ramblers and I are back! I hope my fellow Drifters are still out there enjoying their Sims and can't wait to reconnect and hopefully meet some new people. Best news of all - I FINALLY finished House 005 (for the second time) and even better yet...I finished writing Einstein's story!! It's been a verrrry long rough ride considering I started on it in Nov 2017! I even forced myself to wait to buy Seasons until I was ready to move onto House 006 (which has been pure torture considering that was the expansion I have been missing the most). I'll be posting a chapter every morning until Einstein's story is complete. I hope y'all enjoy it.

So without further ado, I present to y'all The Ramblers return...

(Gen 5) 1. Introducing Einstein Rambler
    SsuFjBr.jpg?1
    Meet Einstein Rambler, the 5th heir in a long line of Ramblers. Like his ancestors before him, he will be responsible for carrying on the family legacy while partaking in the Oasis Springs & Willow Creek Revitalization Project, commonly referred to as The Drifter Challenge by the locals.

A short recap of Einstein's life... (Gen 5) 1. Introducing Einstein Rambler
    Post edited by AllieMac on
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @AllieMac Poor Einstein looks like he's having a horrible day in that picture. So glad to see you back!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top