Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many households do you actively play?

I have four that I really really want to play but currently only am doing two haha! I am wondering if people just stick to one or two or play several and if they play several, how hard is that?

I am currently playing
1. Large Family, parents who both stay at home (but one works at home) and 6 kids. I age them very slow, have a couple of mods I just added for storyline, but I have no intention of continuing this one past the first generation.
2. 100 Baby Challenge

I also really want to do
3. TV Mania: Taking my favourite TV Show and recreating all the characters, giving them as similar jobs as I can and trying to recreate all the relationships in the show. (My fav show takes place in a government agency so the characters are coworkers but the family lives are mentioned and love interests are mostly on their coworkers or in show so possible... the job would be a bit hard to recreate as they are government scientist who return time travelling dinosaurs to the correct eras but maybe i'll just make them spies haha)

4. A fake legacy challenge. I say fake because I don't feel like counting points and I plan to start without buying that item that increases taxes, but I do want to start with 0 dollars and no house/items. (I will just buy a big plot, bulldoze and spend the rest on gifts with the phone and then give the gifts to random strangers on the street until I have exactly $0 Sims. I will start homeless in winter and then try to earn a career as an actor I think but eventually play 10 generations all with different jobs for the parents. So similar to legacy for sure just a couple minor changes that disqualify it.

I'm just not sure if it'd be too hard to play 4 different games at once lol.

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I run several different saves, with several different households in each after awhile. Wish I had something like the Sims Tracker someone made for S2 so I could keep track of everything a bit easier.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have several households in my saves but I don't play them. I just made them to be extra townsfolk or friends or my kids. I think my problem would be deciding which family to play haha. But I might just give it a go.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Just one. Sometimes I pop into others for a bit but 99% of the time it's the same one.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I only play 1 household aging fully off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Like... hmm... depends on how you mean "active".
    I have like 7 different households on this save I've played, but I tend to focus on one at a time, with a goal in mind for them, before moving on to another, with a new goal or idea in mind.

But I'm not like "play one Sim day", switch, "play another Sim day", switch, etc.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    ^Yeah I de. didn't mean after one Sim Day but I mean like, how many would you play in one week, or even one month and come back to it again the next month :)
  • Options
    WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    I normally only play one at a time, which is my Harry Potter Legacy Challenge :)
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    One. Since the release of the game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I play my one family. I find if I try to play multiple families, I end up quitting and just favoring/ playing one. It’s tough on the first generation with just one family (what i’m currently on), but after than you could play as all the kids and it’ll be more interesting.
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    2 usually
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I am playing 36 spread over all the different neighborhoods.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    How many do I have marked as active? Dozens over different saves and neighborhoods. How many do I actually care about that are active is a different story. Probably just a couple per save. I love every household in my library, but some just...end up boring in game.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I really only have one main save. In that save I have 4 families that I'm currently rotating between. No set rotation though, I just move to a different one when I feel like it. Aging is off right now but I'm going to try to turn it back on (I'm so overly attached ugh). I have 4 or 5 other "households" that are marked played where I just keep sims I want to keep an eye on even though I'm not playing them.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I’ve been playing one family for about two years off & on. I play with aging off. The original couple had 4 children and now they’re grown & three are married with kids of their own, so I’m now on my 3rd generation. This is the longest I’ve ever played one family, but I’m really enjoying it.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Five, which is about all I can handle. There are some challenges I'd love to get around to, but right now I've 4 legacies going. Fifth slot is for shorter challenges. I just finished a second Alien Adoption challenge and will be starting something new soon.
    image.png
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    five in my main save and one in my 2nd save.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    In my main save I rotate between 85 different households.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I actually have 5 I think, but I only played two currently. most of them came from the same family.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I would say I actively play around 30 households in my rotational save. The rest are more like side characters. I have some other saves too but mostly play this one.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited January 2019
    In my current rotation, I play 7 households. I play them for 4 sim days each with the seasons set at 14 days. That way, I rotate around each household twice per sim year. Ageing is set to long so that they don't age too fast while I am away from them and each of them live in a different world.

1) San Myshuno - a couple in the science and business careers, with a dog and cat. They live in a converted warehouse and are trying to do it up.
    2) Oasis Springs - a couple who want tons of kids and have had two sets of twins so far. The dad wants to be a chef, the mum is a stay-at-home author. They inherited their home and are fairly rich.
    3) Newcrest - a couple who have just had their first baby and are rather poor. Dad is in the police, mum likes flower arranging.
    4) Windenburg - a family of 3 with a dog. The couple own a vet surgery and the daughter is in the scouts.
    5) Willow Creek - mum, dad and twin toddlers. Dad is in the athletic career, mum hasn't settled on a job yet.
    6) Brindleton Bay - orphanage. With a mean, anti-children caretaker who sneaks off to do criminal activities and leaves the teen to look after the kids. There are two toddlers and four kids. The teen has never been to school as she takes care of the toddlers.
    7) Del Sol Valley - a couple who don't suit each other and will probably split up. The guy is trying to become a famous star (he's also one with the ladies), the gal has a new puppy and loves the outdoors, doing lots of gardening.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I play one household per save game. However, I have several save games that I rotate around to play. Sometimes I'll stick to just one save for a long time, other times I play half a dozen a week. It just depends on what kind of challenges/projects I currently have in-game to finish/play.

Right now I have the following saves in-game:

1. R2R Photographer/Programmer Sim
    2. R2R Breed Out the Ugly Family - Founder is married now, Gen 2 is a toddler.
    3. R2R City Living couple - Started with just one Sim, but her boyfriend recently moved in.
    4. R2R Homeless Elder Challenge/Retirement Home - Elder & her husband, plus all retirement home residents are gone now. Her adopted daughter is still living there with twin child daughters & 'new' boyfriend.
    5. Extreme R2R Challenge Sim
    6. R2R Jungle Adventure Sim
    7. Not So Berry Challenge Family - Founder, husband & Gen 2 teen.
    8. R2R Klepto/Woodworking Sim
    9. Galleria Challenge
    10. Custom Modified Template

The Galleria Challenge will be finished soon. That's just my own made up name I made for a save that involves switching out ALL the premades for random gallery Sims. The template stays in-game always, I update it as needed. Out of the remaining 8, I'm actively playing about half, but plan to get back to the others very soon.

I also have numerous other save games not in-game at the moment that I want to continue at some point, along with other saves that only get put in when I enter a round of Build-N-Share and other on-going contests/challenges. I won't list them all since there's quite a number of them. o.O

I have a bad habit of starting new saves when I get an idea in my head or a new pack. I should just finish what I'm playing when that happens and then start a new save. But, well, probably never going to happen. Once I get an itch to try something new, I just have to scratch it, right now! SQUIRREL! lol There's just so much to do in this game, I want to do it ALL! *sigh* Oh well, I'm having a ton of fun and that's what counts, right? ;)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    usually i play with one, while having two others marked as played in all my saves to preserve their careers mostly and sometimes switch to them: Kaylynn Langerak and Lola Belle, my 2 all time faves from ts 3
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited January 2019
    I play rotationally, stopping by every single house at some point. There's about 50-60 of them. I normally need 2 sim years to get by all of them, so I keep notes to know where something interesting will or should take place. I like this way, because i often focus just as much on the community aspects of the game (although I need to make up some of those details myself).

See my "As Sims Go By" and "How I Play" series on Youtube for more :)
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Persave only one but I currently have 3 saves going.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    One. Since the release of the game.

WoW! What generation are you on?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.