Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't take a maternity leave

DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
My sim didn't get the option of maternity leave in her third trimester. She is the style influencer. The father didn't get the option either, he works as a secret agent. Anyone has the same issue? The baby is here and they don't have much vacation days left :(
29-12-2018-9-32-50.png
-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    That's weird because my self employed sim has gotten maternity leave every child she had. I haven't noticed my employed sims not getting it.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I opened a thread about it a while ago with the same problem. Apparently a lot of people can't do it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Okay glad this is a known issue and not just my game. I had this happen I a recent save. Got the pop up saying the parents could take it but the option wasn’t on either of their phones.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    deleted - misleading post
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @DoloresGrey I have the problem with no maternity leave in my current game and have for 4 generations of play across like ... 9 different career paths. Since it started, no one has had the option for maternity leave. I assumed it was caused by a sim from the gallery that I put in the game around the same time, because she caused a few other issues as well.

I've just rolled with it, seeing as my sims always have more vacation days then I use anyway and it's easy enough to just add a day-off holiday to the calendar if I really need to, but it is good to know that starting a new game fixed it for you. Be nice to have it working again in any future saves I start.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @Stormkeep it's a great idea with the holidays! anyways the new save was just for testing. I am definitely not going to give up my save since I am at gen 6 currently and I would love to achieve 10 for once :)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Yeah I am having this issue as well! Only had two pregnancies in my save so far - both of those pregnancies won't allow family leave. I just use my vacation days to cover it for now - as i hardly use vacation days
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    You should bring your employer to court. :) Secret agents deserve a break. And so do stylists. It would be best if fashion changed a little less often!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Has anyone had any issues with someone pregnant in the Acting career getting to take family leave?
  • Options
    potato029potato029 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have had the same issue! So hard with my unexpected triplets! The holiday thing is a good fix though.
  • Options
    I had this happen to my sims, so I tried to discover the cause of the bug and made a mod to fix it for myself. If anyone else is interested in testing it, you can get it at: Family Leave Fix.
  • Options
    @Galactrix Nice! Just saw your post about a fix.
    Fascinating that the game is checking if you are an actor before letting you take the leave... o.O
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    This is happening with my family in a new save. The mum is in the Culinary career and the dad is in the Writer career.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Galactrix wrote: »
    I had this happen to my sims, so I tried to discover the cause of the bug and made a mod to fix it for myself. If anyone else is interested in testing it, you can get it at: Family Leave Fix.

I think I'll give that a go. It's weird that this bug is triggering though because I haven't even bought GF as yet.
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 It started happening for me with the patch in early November, before installing GF. That was the preparatory patch for GF, so seems to be when they broke it (at least for me).
  • Options
    I haven't played much in the last few months so it's news to me.
  • Options
    The mod works! Baby no. 2 has just been born with the mod installed and family leave has triggered for both parents.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Galactrix Nice! Just saw your post about a fix.
    Fascinating that the game is checking if you are an actor before letting you take the leave... o.O

I think I figured out what it was intended to do – it's meant to hide family leave for actors (because they work via gigs and not fixed work days) but they've put the test in backwards and hidden it for everyone else. I updated my mod to correct it.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    crinrict wrote: »

Hello, as mentioned earlier, this is a known Bug. Please pop over to the AHQ thread linked above to join in and keep track of the Bug and Bug report. Closing thread.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top