Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do your sims go on dates

My sims rarely go on dates because I'd rather just have them hang out someplace and build romance that way. I don't really like the goals.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

How often do your sims go on dates 170 votes

Always
2%
LadyDecafBagoas77rambahadoerdrakharisshnaileh 5 votes
Often
14%
Stormkeepkerryemmiebethsimgirl1010alejandro15039LizzychicagoPinkSugar81duhboy2u2NetzspannungCogshelldomina89AnjolaoluwasMonaveilCupidhappyopithatsnotswegbirdonawireStina1701AMadachan88afai1261x4m1r4 25 votes
Sometimes
36%
Kita5399GalacticGalKing4510411LaBlue0314BlkBarbiegalSikoahGraceTWSimGamer82Mi9shaoscarVibseWritin_RegIsb917Thunderbat87loubyloulouVuloriGwastenMicaLustianiciaKatiardguezChelleJoashcrash19barraakeno 62 votes
Seldom
37%
icmnfrshHowGreatThouArtRainbowSimQueenSimsweetiePlayerSinger2010FKM100mcruddjoelygirlsims2sennawalesasimbsimelanorbretonMemories1AnmirlaSuRihtanilGoeguRoboSpongiealanmichael1barracuda1574Jennyggtaydev 63 votes
Never
8%
invisiblgirlNivyxsekojranafallenangel66Zeldaboy180catmando830DeKayEricasFreePlayShira3000elumaeRae357[Deleted User]tulipssimmerQueenofMyshunoitsbritneybeech1_ 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Often
    I don't plan them, but I always accept when the unplayed love interest invite my sim on date, easier to do.
    There are hidden objectives but really only 3 tiers, I don't remember 100% but talk a bit, flirt a bit, kiss in that order should be enough.
    The NPC tells you anyway when you're doing it right.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Often
    I use the feature all the time to select "Go on Date" any time I want my Sim to travel with a romantic interest to hang out, including married sims where I control both. Gotta keep the romance alive!

That being said, I don't pay attention to the goals. I just select it as the option for traveling to the destination because if it's a date, I'm going to call it a date. B)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sometimes
    I even like for my married sims to go out to eat or go some place special together from time to time.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Sometimes
    Only as a means to an end. If my Sim needs a new partner for a Legacy, or if they role a romantic aspiration, dates occur. If I'm particularly enamoured with a couple I might take them on dates after they're married, but not always.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,621 Member
    Sometimes
    Depends on the Sims, actually. If they're just starting out and they get the whim to date, then I fulfill the whim. When he's ready to pop the Question, they go on a date.

I do try to keep things fresh between my married couples, too. They go out to dinner, usually. Sometimes in an actual date format, other times I just send them out for the time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sometimes
    I definitely do them to complete aspirations and sometimes to keep them together if the other person doesn't live with my sim. If they are living together though.. I just send them out together.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Never
    I have my sims "date" by sending them out to do things together, but I never send them on actually gameplay dates. The objectives stress me out. I'd rather just let them do what they want to do.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Seldom
    Only before marriage, maybe once or twice to get the romantic relationship up, because I find it seems to go up faster during dates for some reason. Like the previous poster, the objectives are stressful. I don't use goaled weddings either. I didn't realize you could have most events without goals, so didn't use them much for a long time.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Sometimes
    I like to have them at least go on a real date for proposals. But in general, my sims don't go on a lot of dates.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Often
    Fairly often. I, like a few others, don't plan them. Mostly because I'm a terrible planner. Nothing. Ever. goes according to plan. That said, I really like the objectives and the small rewards you get from completing them by different levels. Oddly, I don't think I'd like them as much if the rewards were larger. Though I do kinda miss the gifting from great dates Sims 2 style. Flowers on the doorstep were an adorable touch.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Didn't Get Famous add something like blind dates? I've heard people talk about some new dating feature but I can't seem to find out how.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Never
    Actual goaled dates never, but real life type dates very often.
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes. I used to often but goodness the love interest is constantly wanting to go out on a date.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sometimes
    Usually when my sim goes on dates it's due to another sim showing some romantic interest in them and their pop up with a call to see if they want to go out. Usually to a restaurant. Though strangest place for a sim to ask mines out was a spa, but OKAY THEN.

At times I might have a sim ask another out to see how things go. Usually the dates are terrible since on three occassions the other sim flirts with another sim right in front of mine.

Love is dead. :'(
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Sometimes
    With seasons and love day, its easier. But I was like you, I hated the goal dates. I'd like the dates where a townies asks you out. There's no goals, so you can flirt and do whatever. It makes it better to play out a date. (I liked how sims 3 played out with dates, it suggested stuff with wants, and you could play however. Sure go to a restaruant, movie or concert. Or stay home and hang out.) I'd like more freedom with dates. not arbitraury goals that end up making each date the same.
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Seldom
    I don't like to wait for the loading screen and the goals either.. but if another sim from a different household asked me to go on date I'll accept them
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited November 2018
    Seldom
    Sometimes usually a dinner date (plus not a fan of the assigned goals that much)
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2018
    Seldom
    Not often. I hate the whole "goals" thing and there just isn't anything interesting to do. Also, like so many social activities in TS4 it feels like I'm fighting the game the entire time (other sims interrupting, musical chairs, dates walking away, etc).
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    Sometimes
    I don't plan dates that often, but I acccept the invitations almost every time. I have so many nice restaurants in my game and it's common to get an invite to one of those.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Seldom
    Only when the sim's aspiration asks for it to complete a milestone.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Seldom
    Honestly I forget they're even an option after my Sims get married. I do dates before marriage but then I become too busy managing the next generation. If Sims 4 had open world, I'd probably do dates more often.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Only when the sim's aspiration asks for it to complete a milestone.

Same here. Or when I'm hoping to marry a sim off.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Seldom
    They're not really as enjoyable as Nightlife's dates. What's worse is that you're stuck in one place until the date ends
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Sometimes
    It all depends on my mood, but all dates are kept at my sim's home. I got so irritated with having some third party come in want to be that third wheel. Can I say Awkard?
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Seldom
    As many times as it takes to unlock all the experimental food recipes.