Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do your sims go on dates

Comments

• Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Sometimes
    sennawales wrote: »
    As many times as it takes to unlock all the experimental food recipes.

Just finished this collection for the first time today, felt good
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Often
    I really love the date feature and after getting the Dining Out pack it's become a stable feature in almost (there have been and are a quite a few exceptions though for various reasons) all my Sims' social lives. Although, I don't always take them to a restaurant. I know I can't finish all the requirements for a successful date (like ordering a meal and such) but for me it's not a deal breaker.

For instance, my married gay couple have a favorite bar they prefer to go to (and also a favorite restaurant too). My now married and insane, no sorry, erratic Sim preferred parks and gyms to meet Sims. She didn't really go on dates, per se, but she and her husband have gone on a date or two at a restaurant after they got hitched and I have even seen them eating at one when I have had other Sims on a date. Some of my younger Sims like teens and some YAs prefer the nightclubs and bowling alleys.

I also take them on an unofficial dates, or more accurately having my Sims just hang out and get to know one another. I have a great park for that and I love the cafés. Or I did until the buying from the barista broke that is. I solved it by putting a nice cozy café in Willow Creek park and just hire a barista as needed. Meeting in a bar and even the bowling alley is great. I even have two clubs (one for elders and another for teens) where Sims can get to know each other for other reasons than sharing hobbies and helping each other advance for work.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    It all depends on my mood, but all dates are kept at my sim's home. I got so irritated with having some third party come in want to be that third wheel. Can I say Awkard?

Nothing wrong with that. Dim the lights, Marvin Gaye on the stereo, what's not to like?
  • Options
    itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    Never
    My sims usually go on a date once they have met and are in the friend romantic stage, that's the only time they do go on one
  • Options
    itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    Never
    > @MilwayLang said:
    > I don't like to wait for the loading screen and the goals either.. but if another sim from a different household asked me to go on date I'll accept them

I don't like waiting on the loading screen either, mine takes very long and my laptop's not the best.. so when I do go to another destination it takes a bit of time to play smoothly. I preferred the way the world worked in sims 3
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Sometimes
    Using the Dating Event in game sometimes. But I use a mod that have a "rabbit hole dating" that I started using today.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    Seldom
    I'd like to have them go more often, but since I play with households of 6-8 people at any given time, the fact that I basically have to freeze the other 5-7 members of my household just to send one on a date pretty much ruins it for me. Not to mention coming back to all of them with randomized motive levels (which messes up whatever schedule you have them on)! To be honest if I do send my sims on dates when I come home I just cheat everyone's needs so at least they're all on some kind of schedule again. I know it helped reduce the lag but I REALLY miss how in Sims 3 you could send one of your sims out and still control everyone at home too. Heck, I'd even be happy if they just made it so the sims you leave behind stay asleep while the one sim leaves at night, instead of waking up halfway through the night.

The goals don't bother or deter me, they're ridiculously easy, especially if your sim has any kind of relationship with the other sim established already.
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    papertonguepapertongue Posts: 130 Member
    Sometimes
    I usually only do dates if they're needed for aspirations. I do have my couples woohoo every day though. ;)
  • Options
    CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    Seldom
    not so often, just when they hit on someone new xD
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Seldom
    > @MilwayLang said:
    > I don't like to wait for the loading screen and the goals either.. but if another sim from a different household asked me to go on date I'll accept them

I don't like waiting on the loading screen either, mine takes very long and my laptop's not the best.. so when I do go to another destination it takes a bit of time to play smoothly. I preferred the way the world worked in sims 3

I never played TS3 but i've watched few people played it. And yes, I wish there's no more loading screen :disappointed:
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Often
    MilwayLang wrote: »
    > @MilwayLang said:

I never played TS3 but i've watched few people played it. And yes, I wish there's no more loading screen :disappointed:

Trick is to install the game on an SSD. Load times are like 3 seconds for me.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Seldom
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    > @MilwayLang said:

Hmm never thought of that before let see if it work on my laptop
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Always
    I don't much care for the goals either but it's fun to have my sims go out on dates. Especially when I am trying to hook them up with other Sims and they don't seem that interested in them. My goto Sim Victoria I send on dates with Mr Rocca, Joaquin Le Chien and Jonny Zest a lot but Jonny makes her laugh, Joaquin she ignores and Mr Rocca is always trying to run game on her.

My test Sim for seeing what is broken from Get Famous I have sent on a few dates too. She is more involved with her dates. I am slowly adding my mods and CC back seeing what is broken in the game. This will take about a month if past packs with the exception of Seasons has taught me anything.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Often
    I don't always have them go on a formal date since I hate doing the objectives
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    RealBamahiRealBamahi Posts: 24 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes, because it's so hard to just get them to simply sit down and have a conversation..
    Welcome to my Virtual Wonderland!
    -
    Follow my journey

Youtube
    Instagram
    Twitter
  • Options
    Nalanii95Nalanii95 Posts: 16 Member
    Often
    My sims just go to dates when they start a new romance or teens. There is so much to do ingame and you have always to leave the lot & the rest of the family :smiley: so it needs time but I like dates ♥ And because I play more families at the same time, I am often at dates
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Never
    Let me be clear: never the GOALED dates.

I go on my own made up dates all the time.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Nalanii95Nalanii95 Posts: 16 Member
    Often
    > @HowGreatThouArt said:
    > Honestly I forget they're even an option after my Sims get married. I do dates before marriage but then I become too busy managing the next generation. If Sims 4 had open world, I'd probably do dates more often.

exactly :smiley: open world while dating would be great xD
  • Options
    LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    Always

I always make an effort since I love finding my sim love & maintaining romance in their relationships. However I'd be a lot happier if we could slow dance.... feels like somethings missing without it *grumbles*
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    Often
    LadyDecaf wrote: »
    I always make an effort since I love finding my sim love & maintaining romance in their relationships. However I'd be a lot happier if we could slow dance.... feels like somethings missing without it *grumbles*

Me too, @LadyDecaf, me too.

It is really sad that we're this many years into the game and they haven't added slow dancing yet. Like you, I go out of my way to keep the romantic life of my married sims healthy. They have regular date nights; if one sim works late and the other does not, I have the early working Sim stay up late so they can still eat together and go to sleep together, even if it means taking a nap earlier in the day. Doing it right, it also means they wake up together too and have breakfast together before the early-worker has to head off to work.

I mean, I make a real effort to make sure my married sims make a real effort to not lose the magic. Is letting them slow dance really too much to ask?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    AlienSimmerAlienSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    Seldom
    I send mine out to date a lot when they're not married. Once they're married, I'll send them when they're both off work to complete the aspirations.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Sometimes
    It's a tie between sometimes and often, as one of my YA twin daughters has been seeing her boyfriend a lot lately.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sometimes
    Here and there, and I don't pay attention at goals. Almost always I get bronze.
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Sometimes
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    > @MilwayLang said:

My SSD has made playing the Sims on any other machine a chore, though I envy your three second loading times - closer to 15 seconds for me
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    By the way, autonomous woohoo still exists, as I found out yesterday. Yes!