Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many saves do you currently have?

Can't remember if I asked this before so here it is again sorry. So how many saves, rotational plays. challenges and what not do you have that contributes to you being a possible serial save starter?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

How many saves do you currently have? 113 votes

1-10
69%
Akl500PJaiSeaGalacticGalIcewolfLaBlue0314laurastalxbecky685xBlkBarbiegalMissBissTWSimGamer82Colorist40AyradyssInvisibleaesIsb917keekee53MeteoraStormelanorbretonkerryemmiebethsimgirl1010luthienrising 79 votes
10-20
9%
icmnfrshIceyJChelleJopapertongueNetzspannungEmo-usagi2187HermitgirlArtsyBananaNorthDakotaGamerafai1261Elenadewy 11 votes
20+
2%
KelleygirlBagoas77Karababy52 3 votes
I am a serial save starter and start several saves on ideas that I am may or may not complete lol
17%
MrsTomato1018PlayerSinger2010mcruddsimm621LizzychicagoJennygghunniboo1duhboy2u2Zeldaboy180FRENZIIdopaminedroidLittlBowBubQueenMercyEnkiSchmidtAquaGamer1212Raychel8Madachan88Evie0602SimsFinest1MilwayLang 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I am a serial save starter and start several saves on ideas that I am may or may not complete lol
    I will admit I am a serial save starter..I can be doing anything then BOOM *lightbulb goes off in head for new sim save idea*. I am HORRIBLE at doing this lol and some play I wont even go back to.

****My next idea is actually for my current save...I want my current couple to become vampires so they can be immortal (or humans with aging off) to have 60 kids!!! They on 14 so far LOL. When they become teens I move them out and start on the next set of kids :)
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    10-20
    Most of these saves are duplicates. But for now I have:

1. Legacy Save (36 Generations so far)
    2. Ultimate Sim Challenge Save (Waiting for Get Famous)
    3. Building Save (Basically just for building houses)
    4. 100 Baby Challenge save ( 62/100 so far)
    5. Simself save (for trying out new features and packs)
    6. Controlling one sim only challenge save
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    10-20
    I am a serial starter too.. I have 20 right now because I consolidated a few others recently and just counted. I think I'll merge a few scientist saves tomorrow I might get down to 17! I have many working saves though that I go back to again and again so I figure as long as I'm having fun I'm just going to let the ideas flow and have a good time with it.
    I'll probably have above 20 real soon again..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    1-10
    I keep 4 or 5 active games, I also, however, have 4 or 5 game template saves. FYI, templates are game saves where I edited the premade sims, placed my favorite builds on all the empty lots, swapped out any base game builds with updated ones etc. That way I can start a new game anytime I want with no need to reinvent the wheel.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    1-10
    I used to play just one for a long time, but last year I decided to split my legacy into two saves to be able to focus on more sims.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    1-10
    lol who has 20 saves?! :D
    Only have 2 but one is paused.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    10-20
    I have several saves that I play on a regular basis

- main save, basically my simself's legacy (I have three versions of this save)
    - vampires save, the only sims I play in this save are vampires that I've created or downloaded, usually featured in this thread
    - premades save, aging off with Windenburg families on rotation (I have four or five versions of this save)
    - Breed out the Ugly challenge save

One save that I played twice and never played again

I also have some saves which I haven't touched in at least a year, but still have for some reason
    - First save I ever made
    - Third save I ever made

I also start new saves to test mods and things - my newest game save is My Saved Game 30, but I have deleted old saves

Maybe I should have picked serial save starter :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    1-10
    I think I have five + a backup of the one that I actually play.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    1-10
    Two, but I only actually play with one, the other is just a stage to take pictures and record movies.

Once witches are out, I will start another save focusing on supernaturals, featuring magically reimagined versions of some of the sims from my main save. But my vote in this poll will remain the same.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    1-10
    7, I think. I only play on one, though.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2018
    20+
    I have 82+ folders for challenges & gamplay saves on my hard drive. Plus, folders of saves for completed build contest entries. :o I guess I should've chosen the last option eh? I fully intend to complete the saves I have currently put on hiatus for other saves though. At least that's what I keep telling myself. lol #optimisticprocrastinator ;)

EDITED to say I only play one save with one household at a time. I've never tried rotational. Maybe I should? *shrugs*
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    1-10
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I have 82+ folders for challenges & gamplay saves on my hard drive. Plus, folders of saves for completed build contest entries. :o I guess I should've chosen the last option eh? I fully intend to complete the saves I have currently put on hiatus for other saves though. At least that's what I keep telling myself. lol #optimisticprocrastinator ;)

EDITED to say I only play one save with one household at a time. I've never tried rotational. Maybe I should? *shrugs*

82!!?? OMG that's a lot, I only have 4 and think that I have so many hahaha
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    1-10
    Currently I have my Legacy challenge save, my chocobros from FFXV save, my me and my wife save, my abandoned Legacy challenge save, my "trying out Seasons and Laundry day" save, and my Goth family save.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    10-20
    Currently on one computer I have 3 different legacy files, an asylum challenge file, a building file, a 100 baby file, and a super sim file. On my husband's computer, I have a legacy file that hardly gets played, and he has a murder all the sims file. On my kids computer; my teen has a legacy file, my 8 year old has 3 files, and my 6 year old has 1 file. By the way this is achieved by playing 99.9% offline.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I have at least 30. I only play one family per save, so when I get another idea for a family I want to create, I have to start a new save.
  • Options
    GoblincoreGoblincore Posts: 20 Member
    1-10
    I have like 7 different saves... In four of them I play just one family (kind of a legacy thing...) Another one is for sims made after fictional characters (Shadowhunters, the Hobbit, Fables, Final Fantasy...), and the other one is a bunch of sims that I created over time in different saves. I ended up throwing them all together in the same save and I play them in rotation. It's quite fun to see them everywhere in town when I'm not playing them :) Oh, and then I'm trying to recreate the Sims 2 neighborhoods (Veronaville, Strangetown and Pleasantview) in my last save, but that's gonna take a while... Those are some wild family trees, lemme tell ya.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

82..holy moly lol. You win the thread. I do think you should try rotational play or consolidate the saves you really like under one
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    1-10
    I'm a serial save starter but I usually end up deleting inactive saves. I have either 8 or 9 saves right now:

1. Current save where I'm getting a Sim ready to become famous
    2. My old Main Save with goal of completing all collections with one family
    3. Really old save (from before C&D) that I don't have the heart to delete yet
    4. A "Test Save" where I check mods to see if they work post-patch, and where I do most of my building; I also test builds I download from the Gallery in this save to see if they'll work for my gameplay or if they need remodeling (especially adding basements where possible)
    5. A save with all the worlds and premades in pristine condition if I ever need a building or Sim for remodeling or major makeover
    6 and 7. Save files from other players that I've downloaded -- I use them as resource for buildings and Sims to add to my game saves
    8. A template file that I use for starting new saves; I modify it frequently especially when we get new worlds/content (I'm going to be working heavily with this file when Get Famous drops, giving all the Sims makeovers and possibly upgrading venues)

I might go into Test Save and delete every building other than one house for my test Sim (good old Liam O'Dourke).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    1-10
    I only have 2! :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    1-10
    I was tempted to check the serial starter choice. However, although I have often re-started saves, it's been the very same families. Mostly, so I could better incorporate the newest GP or EP. Parenthood made me really restart as I learned just how very hard it is to instill Values in teens! I only have two saves going. I admit I've been playing one over the other, but that will change once GF drops. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited November 2018
    1-10
    I actually only want one save and maybe one extra for buildings houses without editing my current neighbourhood. But I also have double saves that count for maybe 3 of them that I am for some weird reason afraid to delete :D
    Then I recently opened an old save and it was rather nice even though i didnt save it. Just wanted to see my first generation again and their lives in real. I kept it. That is why i know keep saves. Sometimes I like to look back and go 'ahh, back in those days..'.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    10-20
    There's a chance that I would make a new save to try out a certain pack. I have 2 different ones dedicated to just vampires (one good one and the evil dark empress Eliza Pancakes). I also have two separate saves for two seasons of a show I did, which I continued to play as normal after the season's end. I also made a new save file to play as the Heckings. I also have a file with Chuck Cenzo and Maya Riordan, which I branched off into a different save where Chuck drowned so that I could test the ghost patch. :D There's also my first ever save file when TS4 came out, which is now in generation 3.

I stopped playing from early 2015 until toddlers got patched in, so I really dug in once I got back into Sims 4 :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    1-10
    I have three, but I've been actively playing only one of them recently. I've never played a save as long as this one -- I started it December 2014! -- so I back it up completely off my computer now and then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    1-10
    Just one, since sims 4 launched. (I think I answered this recently lol)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2018
    10-20
    Honestly, if I would have seen the last option before I selected, I would have selected it.

I'm a serial starter. I'll start a save/challenge and just test the waters. If, after a couple days, I'm not wanting to spend every waking moment playing it, I usually abandon it. And start another.

But, I'm a hoarder, too. I rarely delete those saves, just in case the spark comes to me with the sims. So I will, periodically, copy my saves folder to my external and then I'll delete the ones I'm not really interested in.

No idea why. I have yet to pull a save off my external to play, but... it's what I do. LOL (Oh, and the 10-20, is probably over 20 in my game since my last save was number 30... but, I figured this was more accurate since I don't play all of them).
    p8L4V6v.png