Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

buying holiday homes in the sims 3 world adventures?

how do you buy holiday homes in the sims 3 world adentures? my sim reached visa level 3 then bought from the special merchant what sounded like a deed to a home or something but turned out to be a travelling tent. what a waste. but anyway, i bet it is really simple- am i being really stupid? ive got my eye on one of the huge houses but i cant buy it!!!! help!

Comments

• Options
    SPANETTESPANETTE Posts: 89 Member
    edited March 2010
    use your telephone to buy holiday homes :D

Edited to add this:

those tents sell for 50,000 each if you havent used them ;) 30,000 if you have used them. I usually buy a few to top up my income :D
  • Options
    etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited March 2010
    You need to go into your inventory, and click on your cell phone, and click buy vacation home. There are only certain homes or empty lots you can buy, so lots of those massive houses you can't buy:( Enjoy vacationing. BTW if your sims have children the deed for the vacation home passes down, but if your alive and your adult live in child goes on vacation without you, they can't enter the house lol.
  • Options
    RAIDEN337RAIDEN337 Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    Can this only be done with a maxxed out visa?
  • Options
    MickieFoxMickieFox Posts: 2,928 Member
    edited July 2010
    I think so, yes.
  • Options
    RachiiiRachiii Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    Do you need world asventures to buy vacation homes?
  • Options
    hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2010
    Rachiii wrote:

Yes, you do need WA! :P
  • Options
    Spartangirl911Spartangirl911 Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    You need world adventures though some how i cant do it =(
  • Options
    TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited December 2010
    RAIDEN337 wrote:
    Can this only be done with a maxxed out visa?

That is correct.
  • Options
    leafy97leafy97 Posts: 5
    edited April 2012
    i am having trouble buying a holiday home, i have got visa level 3 and when i click on the phone to buy one it just comes up with check up on real-estate or something, am i being stupid to which that is actually what i need to click on or is there something else i need to click on when i'm trying t o get a house? :roll: :)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi leafy, under Real Estate is where you'll find the option to Purchase Vacation Home. :-)

Welcome to the forums!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Katie-SalvatoreKatie-Salvatore Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    I'm having this problem too. I have a level 3 visa for china but when i click on the phone or computer I don't get the option to purchase holiday home.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on whats wrong?
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm having this problem too. I have a level 3 visa for china but when i click on the phone or computer I don't get the option to purchase holiday home.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on whats wrong?

Did you check under "real estate"? It's not an option by itself. Also, you have to be at the destination where your Sim has the level 3 visa to be able to buy a home. You can't do it from the home lot.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited November 2013
    Rachiii wrote:

With Island Paradise you can have several homes within the same World. You can use them as you please. :wink:
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2018
    OK so I need WA to buy vacation homes. Can you buy a vacation home in Isla Paradiso or Hidden Springs? I know I can buy vacation homes in France and Egypt and China but I would like a "tropical vacation home (Isla Paradiso)" and a "summer vacation home (Hidden Springs)".
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    If you have the NRaas Traveller mod, then you can vacation in other worlds.