Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    I need advice, guys. What do you do when you have a story you haven't updated in a while, and haven't felt like updating it, and you don't want to abandon it or let it die, but at the same time, it doesn't feel worth it to update it anymore?

I'm experienced with it! I call it "germination..." The ideas aren't yet ready to be written, but the seed is still viable!

When this happens, let it sit. It is, actually, OK if you never finish it or return to it! It can remain cyrogenically viable for ages, ready for you to return when the time is right!

I like to follow my energy and inspiration, so if that leads me elsewhere, that's where I'll go... and often, the inspiration trail eventually winds back to the project waiting...

sometimes she follows 2 or3 energies.

Or 10.

Cathy is the one who thought me to start projects whenever inspiration struck!

she admits to 2or 3 i have a feeling its more than that.

Right now... pretty much everything is in germination... I'm getting ready to write a new chapter about Geoffrey Landgraab's political campaign in "Ten-Cent," and I'm nearly ready to write another V-Live for Akira and one of the other S-Boys, but not quite there yet...

My main germination energy right now is going towards the ESO fanfic I'm drafting--I'm so happy about this one! It will probably have only one pic per chapter, and it's really dreamy, meditative, and based on kindness and compassion, which is kind of funny since the game involves so much killing. But I think the idea of a Psijic Mystic who's seen battle and had to fight demons is very intriguing...

I'm feeling my writing well start to fill, but it's not at overflowing yet, and that's where I like it to be when I write! :)

@CathyTea I think the new riddle for Gen 2 should reference 2 Disney fairytale movies since woods play a part in 2 fairytales- Snow's cottage in the woods and also- Phillip's and Aurora's meeting

@CathyTea here's two thoughts for you 1)why does Queen Anne of the Anneorines allow the Enrichment religion to happen? 2)an excuse for a teen priestess-in-training to be in a night gown 24/7 360 something at school?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm feeling my writing well start to fill, but it's not at overflowing yet, and that's where I like it to be when I write! :)
    you'll fill it soon.
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I need advice, guys. What do you do when you have a story you haven't updated in a while, and haven't felt like updating it, and you don't want to abandon it or let it die, but at the same time, it doesn't feel worth it to update it anymore?

I'm experienced with it! I call it "germination..." The ideas aren't yet ready to be written, but the seed is still viable!

When this happens, let it sit. It is, actually, OK if you never finish it or return to it! It can remain cyrogenically viable for ages, ready for you to return when the time is right!

I like to follow my energy and inspiration, so if that leads me elsewhere, that's where I'll go... and often, the inspiration trail eventually winds back to the project waiting...

Or 10.

Right now... pretty much everything is in germination... I'm getting ready to write a new chapter about Geoffrey Landgraab's political campaign in "Ten-Cent," and I'm nearly ready to write another V-Live for Akira and one of the other S-Boys, but not quite there yet...

My main germination energy right now is going towards the ESO fanfic I'm drafting--I'm so happy about this one! It will probably have only one pic per chapter, and it's really dreamy, meditative, and based on kindness and compassion, which is kind of funny since the game involves so much killing. But I think the idea of a Psijic Mystic who's seen battle and had to fight demons is very intriguing...

@CathyTea I think the new riddle for Gen 2 should reference 2 Disney fairytale movies since woods play a part in 2 fairytales- Snow's cottage in the woods and also- Phillip's and Aurora's meeting

@CathyTea here's two thoughts for you 1)why does Queen Anne of the Anneorines allow the Enrichment religion to happen? 2)an excuse for a teen priestess-in-training to be in a night gown 24/7 360 something at school?

Could the Wendy character wear the nightgown all the time "just because"? Other characters could even comment on it/ask her about it since it's weird. And she could brush it off like "It's comfortable" and smiling at them.
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. I might finally have a BL chapter done soon. Been focusing on my main two for a while but going to give it some love and finish one in the next week or so. (I'm actually supposed to be doing some other stuff but I'm procrastinating...)
  • Options

Or 10.

Could the Wendy character wear the nightgown all the time "just because"? Other characters could even comment on it/ask her about it since it's weird. And she could brush it off like "It's comfortable" and smiling at them.

you mean the Wendy priestess-in-training? Since once she hits her 18th birthday she gets main priestess... well compared to what the priestess-in-training will have to wear as adult-it would be more comfortable..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I might finally have a BL chapter done soon. Been focusing on my main two for a while but going to give it some love and finish one in the next week or so. (I'm actually supposed to be doing some other stuff but I'm procrastinating...)

Hey Bugsie! You're another one who has a lot of stories on the go. :) I feel like you have a pretty good handle on switching between stories as inspiration strikes.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    I uploaded all the pictures.. but the writing will have to be done tomorrow some time..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    A few updates from my corner of the world!

I created a fun collage of pictures for La Vita Bella (and broke up the pages by section).
    la-vita-bella-collage1.png?w=1024&h=701

I haven't returned on that story yet, but I am outlining for new chapters. :)

And The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright (KCLKF) updates:
    I'm still binge releasing KCLKF chapters as fast as I can write them. Veteran readers might catch differences, subtle and diverting, and I hope they're improvements. New readers always welcome. :) I recently broke up the chapters by section to make it easier. You can find the chapter list here.

Looking forward to checking it out tonight!

Thank you, @Morningstar! I hope you enjoy.

I saw 1.27 and wrongly assumed 27 chapters, haha. I enjoy binge reading, but unfortunately have only had time to finish 1.1 and the first interlude.

Really enjoying it so far though! Your ability to balance third person narrating with conveying characters' feelings as if its first person is something I aspire to. My story is early, so there's only been so much opportunity for that as of yet, but I look forward to reading mroe of yours for inspiration :smile:

Aww thank you @Morningstar. Yes, originally I only had 31 chapters in the first go-around, plus an interlude or two, but this time, I tried to write shorter chapters, emphasis on tried. Haha. But that means more chapters. Thanks for reading what you can, and for your kind words. It'll be there whenever you're ready to continue. I've tried first person and third. Third is still my favorite.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I want to stay up and write SimLit, but tonight's my Thursday? Tomorrow's my Friday? Oh I don't know what to call it. I had today off since I work all day tomorrow. I don't wanna go back. *sigh* My energies are better spent elsewhere, even if I love my job. I did have a productive day though, managed to get some house cleaning in, and a bit of writing research earlier, some grocery shopping, a trip to the park, and I celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday. :) Night Simmers!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited October 2018

Start a new story and than go back to the old one when I have the inspiration to
    I need a reason (non-school Sprit) for a teen to wear a night gown to school?

Pajama day, it's usually during spirit week (for homecoming typically to show school spirit) or during the week of school for drug awareness (red ribbon week. Say no to drugs)

They are both weeks of each day has a dress up theme like wacky Wednesday or sports teams day. Ect. And usually there's a pajama day.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Hey Bugsie! You're another one who has a lot of stories on the go. :) I feel like you have a pretty good handle on switching between stories as inspiration strikes.

I write whichever feels the easiest in the moment. If I have multiple chapters of one and none of the others then that's okay.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

@LyricSimsz15
    I can 100% agree with this. The last arc of Ironbound was like that, it took a while to "germinate" as I let the ideas rattle around in my head while I did other things. I'm going through it again right now too but I know I will eventually get back to the story.

Let it sit as long as you need, for me, it was close to a year before I got the writing bug to start up Ironbound again, but boy did it hit hard, something like 50 chapters in two months and a completed season! Just enjoy yourself and your game, and if that means not updating your story, that is all good! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited October 2018
    Just found out that someone might have rated my sims web-comic with a 1/10 rating. I know this because the current rating of my story is 5.5 and I'm pretty sure I'm the only other person who rate my comic with 10/10 rating. It's weird how discouraging that is, even though I know it's just one person who might probably just troll rating and I have like more than one person who actually like my comic. Have any of you ever got discouraged by anything?

SO yeah, just gonna say that.

Also an episode is out on my comic so check them out, and probably rate if you have webtoon account, hehe.
    Here isthe new episode : Gen 1 - Ep 4 : Landgraab
    and here for those who haven't read it : Sims 4 Comic Legacy

Okay, that's it for the shameless manipulative emotional promotion stuff thingy. I'm going to sleep, good night from the future.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi everyone! I haven't been to the lounge in a long while. When you're behind in the lounge, it's impossible to catch up! How is everyone?

I have an Asylum Challenge casting call and would love some entries! Details can be found in this post. I'll be accepting entries through the 30th.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi folks! Soon I'll be doing NaNoWriMo, so I won't have much SimLit writing time. But have at least one more Forget-Me-Not chapter before that:

Chapter 37: Between Universes
    CSLpuHI.jpg

Sage walks on the echoes of parallel footsteps that lead to forgotten secrets.

I hope you have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    5fYjI53.png

Elyse starts planning the rest of her life in chapter 2!

oh the whiny stuff. lol. thats why i call those meetings i'm forced to do boring. they always want me to plan my life. which is not that complicated adult stuff . adulting 2 times a week work alll weekend. in between watch tv . i callit the whiny stuff because except for 4 days my life revolves around tv music and my computer.

tomorrow back to alana and rylan. she has a career that might break when the patch releases.

Hehe ordinarily yea, teenagers planning their future is boring and intimidating. In this case, Elyse is day dreaming though and she enjoys making plans.

and guys. lol. sorry couldn't help it.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @AkramA I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged! I don't know why people feel the need to give such a low rating without any verbal feedback. To me, if you really don't like something either don't participate in it or give an opinion why.

As a writer, you are not going to appeal to everyone and you certainly do not need to change anything you do to try to. Keep doing what you're doing! I haven't started reading your comic yet but the drawings definitely catch attention. You are unique. :)

If at any point you are looking for feedback or to see if there's areas you can improve, there is the Feedback Thread full of helpful people that offer constructive criticism. Should trolls plague you, there is also the Kindness Bench for a pick me up. *virtual hugs*
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    new chapter
    8DNieg.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    This next BL chapter is going to be a slight mess. We're touching on Rye having a conversation on whether Claude is actually her parent or not. More when that chapter is released.

Also, I realised this gen has taken over a year. This was a year ago:
    https://bugsie2016blog.wordpress.com/2017/10/27/chapter-3-6-date-night/
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited October 2018
    @AkramA I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged! I don't know why people feel the need to give such a low rating without any verbal feedback. To me, if you really don't like something either don't participate in it or give an opinion why.

As a writer, you are not going to appeal to everyone and you certainly do not need to change anything you do to try to. Keep doing what you're doing! I haven't started reading your comic yet but the drawings definitely catch attention. You are unique. :)

If at any point you are looking for feedback or to see if there's areas you can improve, there is the Feedback Thread full of helpful people that offer constructive criticism. Should trolls plague you, there is also the Kindness Bench for a pick me up. *virtual hugs*

@Karilan I guess "discouraged" is not exactly the right word. I mean, I'm still posting story once a day and even made like 1-2 chapters a day.

The most suitable term might be "bothered' as every time I want to upload or transfer link, I always saw that 5.5 and it's getting pretty annoying. Since most of the reader probably coming from this forum and might not be able to rate since they don't have webtoon account, it's probably going to stay that way.

btw thanks for the suggestion, and also *virtual hugs back*
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    yeah i didn't have to go to moms. i love my nieces but their whats the word............................ loud
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Just gonna jump in here to express how happy i am right now. I've been having issues with Sims 4 and haven't been able to play because it's crashing my laptop. Well today... I deleted old mods and cc i didn't need, updated my mods and i got mh game up and running again!! No crashing so far!! So I'm happy. :lol:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Just gonna jump in here to express how happy i am right now. I've been having issues with Sims 4 and haven't been able to play because it's crashing my laptop. Well today... I deleted old mods and cc i didn't need, updated my mods and i got mh game up and running again!! No crashing so far!! So I'm happy. :lol:

Hooray! Mods can be so finicky, can't they?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top