Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I need advice, guys. What do you do when you have a story you haven't updated in a while, and haven't felt like updating it, and you don't want to abandon it or let it die, but at the same time, it doesn't feel worth it to update it anymore?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited October 2018
    the Goths' kitties @mamasquirrel
    ykQvGkR.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    I need advice, guys. What do you do when you have a story you haven't updated in a while, and haven't felt like updating it, and you don't want to abandon it or let it die, but at the same time, it doesn't feel worth it to update it anymore?

Cry :lol:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

that reminds me i'm mad at adrien and kris. i can't get a pic of them as yas everytime i try they get naked. been happening since yesterday.

:D
    ...that is the butt of the joke!

i would be mad but its true. their kids are currently at adriens baby mama house. i forget her name. but i sent travis too. the brand new empty house is responsible for their first real kid.

Too many Benders! You know I'm teasing, @friendsfan367.

i know i actually like that their big family . when i was 5 wished for a brother thinking i would get a sister. i was 5 and got what i asked for.

heres he funny part. years later when i think it was my sister in law was pregnant i can't remember which time . my brother said its gonna be a boy. i said its a girl . he said its a boy. i said its a girl. he said how do you know? i said cause i wanted a brother and got one. so i always get what i want.
  • Options

Cry :lol:

Already done :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,802 Member
    edited October 2018
    Karilan wrote: »
    15aewar wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It's kind of interesting the new EP

It looks pretty cool to me, although I'm mainly excited about the historical costumes in the trailer. :D

What are you guys looking forward to in Get Famous?

Well, I like the idea of video production and the drones. Those could be very, very interesting. Like a Neighborhood Rotation or just a story based and one of the neighbors could spy on everyone with their drone. Muahaha! >:)

I like the idea of acting, too. Along with the addition of having a job that could be literally anything. So, a stay-at-home mom/dads or Neighborhood Spy or Lazy Bum could all be options. lol

Get Famous will add "careers" for anything? :open_mouth:

Oh. I'm very sorry. I was wrong.

The patch in November will contain the self-employed addition.

Hi @lovesstorms ! Your avi is so colourful!

Ooh, I like the self employed option! I wonder what skills they’ll use.

Thanks! I love this one, too.

This is an open-ended kind of option. There won't be any skills or actions or levels associated with whatever job/career you choose. The biggest thing is you won't be labeled Unemployed anymore.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I need a reason (non-school Sprit) for a teen to wear a night gown to school?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

pajama day. its a real thing where students wear night clothes to school.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

@friendsfan367 I said non-school spirit day "Pyjama Day" counts as 'school spirit. But this sim will be wearing a night gown 24/7 all 365 (or whatever sims day) a year..because of the fact she's sort of dressed like Wendy...since she's at the age she's does Wendy-related stuff
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@friendsfan367 I said non-school spirit day "Pyjama Day" counts as 'school spirit. But this sim will be wearing a night gown 24/7 all 365 (or whatever sims day) a year..because of the fact she's sort of dressed like Wendy...since she's at the age she's does Wendy-related stuff

we had something at work recently where we got to dress as disney characters if you did someething like that your sim could wear a wendy like nightgown.
  • Options

we had something at work recently where we got to dress as disney characters if you did someething like that your sim could wear a wendy like nightgown.

Rememer my Anneorine religion? Well Wendy is what a teenage daughter of the current priestess starts doing priestess-related stuff by attending to Wendy-related (ie "mothering) stuff..so to do so the teen's clothing is only a night gown
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    It's kind of interesting the new EP

It looks pretty cool to me, although I'm mainly excited about the historical costumes in the trailer. :D

What are you guys looking forward to in Get Famous?

Well, I like the idea of video production and the drones. Those could be very, very interesting. Like a Neighborhood Rotation or just a story based and one of the neighbors could spy on everyone with their drone. Muahaha! >:)

I like the idea of acting, too. Along with the addition of having a job that could be literally anything. So, a stay-at-home mom/dads or Neighborhood Spy or Lazy Bum could all be options. lol

Get Famous will add "careers" for anything? :open_mouth:

Oh. I'm very sorry. I was wrong.

The patch in November will contain the self-employed addition.

Hi @lovesstorms ! Your avi is so colourful!

Ooh, I like the self employed option! I wonder what skills they’ll use.

Thanks! I love this one, too.

This is an open-ended kind of option. There won't be any skills or actions or levels associated with whatever job/career you choose. The biggest thing is you won't be labeled Unemployed anymore.

Yay! That means I can wait for the EP and still get self-employed careers :grin:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

@LyricSimsz15 probably not gonna help. But i made spin off series. That's what I did with my abandoned series
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

@LyricSimsz15 probably not gonna help. But i made spin off series. That's what I did with my abandoned series

My story's only had 13 chapters so i don't think a spinoff would work.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2018

@LyricSimsz15 I couldn’t answer this earlier.

I’ve recently came back to simlit and feel bad about 2...3 stories that I’ve sort of abandoned. I’ve let my inspiration take me elsewhere for now but I still want to come back to them. I felt it wasn’t worth it to try to force my head into a space it didn’t want to go. I was just going to be distracted by my other ideas, and they deserve attention too!

Edit: excuse my many errors. Sneaking in here on my phone at work because it’s Friday and I just don’t want to work. Oops!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    so anyone is a Disney Villian fan-there's a channel on youtube which is called "Pattycake Productions" and normally they take songs from muscians and put them into either a fairytale or fairytale inspired story. (ie Maleficent is set to Michael Jackson's songs) well, they made an original series (with an original songs) called the Villains' Lair...the first episode been up since October 12th.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I'm experienced with it! I call it "germination..." The ideas aren't yet ready to be written, but the seed is still viable!

When this happens, let it sit. It is, actually, OK if you never finish it or return to it! It can remain cyrogenically viable for ages, ready for you to return when the time is right!

I like to follow my energy and inspiration, so if that leads me elsewhere, that's where I'll go... and often, the inspiration trail eventually winds back to the project waiting...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I'm experienced with it! I call it "germination..." The ideas aren't yet ready to be written, but the seed is still viable!

When this happens, let it sit. It is, actually, OK if you never finish it or return to it! It can remain cyrogenically viable for ages, ready for you to return when the time is right!

I like to follow my energy and inspiration, so if that leads me elsewhere, that's where I'll go... and often, the inspiration trail eventually winds back to the project waiting...

sometimes she follows 2 or3 energies.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Or 10.

Cathy is the one who thought me to start projects whenever inspiration struck!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

Or 10.

she admits to 2or 3 i have a feeling its more than that.
  • Options

@LyricSimsz15 I couldn’t answer this earlier.

I’ve recently came back to simlit and feel bad about 2...3 stories that I’ve sort of abandoned. I’ve let my inspiration take me elsewhere for now but I still want to come back to them. I felt it wasn’t worth it to try to force my head into a space it didn’t want to go. I was just going to be distracted by my other ideas, and they deserve attention too!

Edit: excuse my many errors. Sneaking in here on my phone at work because it’s Friday and I just don’t want to work. Oops!

i groan from friday night til sunday night. friday is the day i remember i work saturday and sunday. sunday i snek away at 4:45. well saturday too but sunday i know it doesn't happen again for a week.
  • Options
    go to bed. get naked and do it on the floor.

the first is what i wanted alana and rylan to do the second is what actually happened. its going to be a intresting first day of work for alana.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    New part of Miss V Detective is updated.

Miss V Detective : Where is my friend (2)

I am sorry for my bad English I am currently tired , I could not do better as Google translation.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited July 2020
    Chapter 21: Road to Redemption is now finished and published. Enjoy.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Or 10.

she admits to 2or 3 i have a feeling its more than that.

Right now... pretty much everything is in germination... I'm getting ready to write a new chapter about Geoffrey Landgraab's political campaign in "Ten-Cent," and I'm nearly ready to write another V-Live for Akira and one of the other S-Boys, but not quite there yet...

My main germination energy right now is going towards the ESO fanfic I'm drafting--I'm so happy about this one! It will probably have only one pic per chapter, and it's really dreamy, meditative, and based on kindness and compassion, which is kind of funny since the game involves so much killing. But I think the idea of a Psijic Mystic who's seen battle and had to fight demons is very intriguing...

I'm feeling my writing well start to fill, but it's not at overflowing yet, and that's where I like it to be when I write! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top