Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member

@squirrelwithacup You might be amused by the blog Reasoning With Vampires. The author of the blog went through all of the Twilight books and pointed out all of the problems that they found. Some of it is plot stuff, but most of it is just pointing out all of the grammar errors; while I can't speak for you, I know that it helped me with my writing. (Also, this one bit where "dust motes" [the little specks of dust you see floating in the sun sometimes] are confused with "dust moats" [???] always gets me.) The RWV person doesn't like Twilight one bit and is very open about it, but their literary criticism is on point and they sure know how to use a comma.

I'm reading through Reasoning With Vampires right now. It looks like I make a lot of the same mistakes! :p
    Thanks so much for the suggestion (even though it wasn't to me.)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Chrinnie Did you still want that palace build? I can upload it without furniture it in as it's done with the exception of furniture.
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Chapter 1 of Futility In Survival is posted! :smile:
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @Chrinnie Did you still want that palace build? I can upload it without furniture it in as it's done with the exception of furniture.

Yes I do! Oh my! This will be amazing!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    A dnd game would be interesting... With Sims and writers sending stuff in to help determine stuff. Hmmmm. I'm getting ideas xD

@Shadami It's a lot of fun! We don't coordinate stories as much as you'd think, but I think we approach the game from a more story driven perspective, if that makes sense? I think we all go a bit nuts with our theories about what is going on, maybe too far? haha

@Munterbacon Hiiii fellow adventurer!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    A dnd game would be interesting... With Sims and writers sending stuff in to help determine stuff. Hmmmm. I'm getting ideas xD

@Shadami It's a lot of fun! We don't coordinate stories as much as you'd think, but I think we approach the game from a more story driven perspective, if that makes sense? I think we all go a bit nuts with our theories about what is going on, maybe too far? haha

It sounds fascinating! I'd love to try something like that someday...
  • Options
    Chrinnie wrote: »

Yes I do! Oh my! This will be amazing!

On the gallery now. Von-Windenburg Palace. You need MOO on before placing it though (interior build thing). :)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    This week's chapter of Perplexities in Pleasantview is a short story featuring Dirk Dreamer.
    Short Story: Like a Dream
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited October 2018

:blush:

Yeah, a lot of the stuff just happens on the fly (like custom made pirate clubs/mauls and randomly turning into a teenager) - with the exception on the player backstories, which are usually discussed with the DM in order to provide a good hook for the players - 9/10 we predict undead dinosaurs, so far 9/9 times we've been incorrect! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

Yeah, a lot of the stuff just happens on the fly (like custom made pirate clubs/mauls and randomly turning into a teenager) - with the exception on the player backstories, which are usually discussed with the DM in order to provide a good hook for the players - 9/10 we predict undead dinosaurs, so far 9/9 times we've been incorrect! :D

@Munterbacon
    And 9/9 times we've been disappointed!

@15aewar I highly recommend it! I can't speak for the group but it's likely we'll open it up to more participants when we start a new campaign. The one we're in at the moment is quite long, so no idea yet when this will end!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

@Munterbacon
    And 9/9 times we've been disappointed!

@15aewar I highly recommend it! I can't speak for the group but it's likely we'll open it up to more participants when we start a new campaign. The one we're in at the moment is quite long, so no idea yet when this will end!

Soon! Soon we'll be right! >:) Although if truth be told, I was glad we weren't up against 17 undead T-Rex's last session! :D

I'm fairly certain that everyone would be fine with added some new blood to the fold :)

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It's kind of interesting the new EP

It looks pretty cool to me, although I'm mainly excited about the historical costumes in the trailer. :D

What are you guys looking forward to in Get Famous?

Depending on when I get it-since I will be busy with National Novel Writing Month-finishing up last year's novel and then making a new story during Nov.. it might mean I get to have the Swansons be famous by Gen 5.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PLEASE< PLEASE, PLEASE let us be able to use the Gibson Hairstyle for "normal" sims.. because I want my Julia Odgen sim to have that hairstyle

if anyone doesn't know what a Gibson style is it's this in the trailer
    AM484sR.jpg

it's a style which was popular for women in the early 20th century (1900s)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PLEASE< PLEASE, PLEASE let us be able to use the Gibson Hairstyle for "normal" sims.. because I want my Julia Odgen sim to have that hairstyle
    You can.
  • Options

Which hair??

If she means the one in her screenshot, that hair is awesome! Very good for medieval wear!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Which hair??

If she means the one in her screenshot, that hair is awesome! Very good for medieval wear!

You can use it for regular sims. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Which hair??

no sim is completley regular. they all have their only little qirks and pesonalities.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Which hair??

@Karilan actually it's from the 1900s. I watch a TV show called Murdoch Mysteries (pretty popular around the world and in the U.S. its known as the Artful Detective from around the same time period) and in the early seasons at least-Murdoch's woman friend
    now wife
    had such a style.

Which hair??

no sim is completley regular. they all have their only little qirks and pesonalities.

@friendsfan367 I meant for a non-actor sim...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Which hair??

@Karilan actually it's from the 1900s. I watch a TV show called Murdoch Mysteries (pretty popular around the world and in the U.S. its known as the Artful Detective from around the same time period) and in the early seasons at least-Murdoch's woman friend
    now wife
    had such a style.

Which hair??

friendsfan was quoting what I said. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I just saw one of the Simscamp folk showing up a green "Gibson girl" hairystle so that's must be what another simmer was talking about..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Which hair??

I agree! Normal/Regular is boring anyway. :p Yay for quirks!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Which hair??

I agree! Normal/Regular is boring anyway. :p Yay for quirks!

no one is normal..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @Karilan did you get the explanation of why I love the "Gibson Girl" hairdo?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Which hair??

now wife
    had such a style.

Which hair??

i know it was a joke. because in my game anyway pesonalities change over generations but the traits don't.
  • Options
    2 wordpress badges 3 day streak and 200 th post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top