Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Hey how would I explain the Calientes sisters have magic powers? (Not that's it important at this stage of the story)

What if it were genetic? Like if they came from a long line of brujas?

That could explain why (Leah) gets it..in the Swansons when I get to Gen 6

That's what I was thinking!

since it does come a little out of left field that Leah has powers in "Rotten to the Core" but it could also explain why the rest of the school (of Gen 6 minus Selene who doesn't attend) is afraid of her (Once I decided which of the sisters going to be the ancestor-it goes from them->daughter-<daughter-.>daughter-> but it skips Vivienne for some reason->Leah)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    It's kind of interesting the new EP

It looks pretty cool to me, although I'm mainly excited about the historical costumes in the trailer. :D

What are you guys looking forward to in Get Famous?

@15aewar @MadameLee

I'm always excited about new worlds. But I've heard people aren't happy with it and find it lacking in content, which I feel is a common problem. But people pay so EA keeps making bucks.

I'm not preordering and I'll probably wait for it to go on sale since I'm on a tighter budget after buying my home. I have a few LA-esque worlds in TS3 that are probably better, but I will definitely give the expansion a try.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

That's kind of funny actually. First off, it's an alphabetacy as you know, so this generation is E's. I really wanted to have 1 daughter named Ever just for the punny chapter titles, and was surprised by triplets. Sadly, Ever got NO votes. :'( Elyse and Esmerelda were named quite spontaneously.

@Karilan Ever is a cute name. I actually knows someone named Everly.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    screenshot-3-e1540244484836.jpg

Here's another chapter of Book O' Spells: The Life and Times of Lady Ravendancer Goth.

I wish it wasn't so short and info-dumpy, but I had to work today. I'm a bit tired.

You know, someone should start a fantasy-themed reading circle or something with RP elements. That could be really fun.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey how would I explain the Calientes sisters have magic powers? (Not that's it important at this stage of the story)

What if it were genetic? Like if they came from a long line of brujas?

That could explain why (Leah) gets it..in the Swansons when I get to Gen 6

That's what I was thinking!

since it does come a little out of left field that Leah has powers in "Rotten to the Core" but it could also explain why the rest of the school (of Gen 6 minus Selene who doesn't attend) is afraid of her (Once I decided which of the sisters going to be the ancestor-it goes from them->daughter-<daughter-.>daughter-> but it skips Vivienne for some reason->Leah)

Sometimes these things skip generations! They can also be latent abilities!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

That's kind of funny actually. First off, it's an alphabetacy as you know, so this generation is E's. I really wanted to have 1 daughter named Ever just for the punny chapter titles, and was surprised by triplets. Sadly, Ever got NO votes. :'( Elyse and Esmerelda were named quite spontaneously.

I was SO close to voting for Ever! I wanted to see your exploration of her mean trait and to see if she could come to change her views on bullying. She also made me think of the changes that her great-great-great aunt went through in Gen 2!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

I was SO close to voting for Ever! I wanted to see your exploration of her mean trait and to see if she could come to change her views on bullying. She also made me think of the changes that her great-great-great aunt went through in Gen 2!

Read last spoiler of mine in her thread, @CathyTea . It’s my thoughts on Ever’s mean trait.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited October 2018
    20 minutes left if you want to get your vote in for gen 5 heir! Getting ready to change some banners and signature tonight. :)

I spent over an hour each night this weekend catching up to make an informed vote :sweat_smile: Excited to see what the next book brings!

Hehe thanks @Morningstar ! You aren't the only one. @LegacySims2017 has been marathon reading as well, as well as a few prior Gracelings!
    20 minutes left if you want to get your vote in for gen 5 heir! Getting ready to change some banners and signature tonight. :)

why do you have a sim named ever. i can't vote cause you distracted me.

I could picture you giving Ever’s last chapter the title if she was heir...

Happily Ever After

:grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options

I spent over an hour each night this weekend catching up to make an informed vote :sweat_smile: Excited to see what the next book brings!

Hehe thanks @Morningstar ! You aren't the only one. @LegacySims2017 has been marathon reading as well, as well as a few prior Gracelings!

Happily Ever After

@LegacySims2017 you make me think of this song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAniOB1Ts4k
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    15aewar wrote: »
    It's kind of interesting the new EP

It looks pretty cool to me, although I'm mainly excited about the historical costumes in the trailer. :D

What are you guys looking forward to in Get Famous?

@15aewar @MadameLee

I'm always excited about new worlds. But I've heard people aren't happy with it and find it lacking in content, which I feel is a common problem. But people pay so EA keeps making bucks.

I'm not preordering and I'll probably wait for it to go on sale since I'm on a tighter budget after buying my home. I have a few LA-esque worlds in TS3 that are probably better, but I will definitely give the expansion a try.

@AdamsEve1231 Well we get a new career ,being able to register our Restaurant/Retailer/gardener/author not in the writing career/ and terrain tools in the patch.

What people are complaing about:
    smaller world
    only one 1 CAS trait (but 2 Lot traits)
    2 aspirations (not too happy about the "Master Actor" aspiration turns into a Master Actress for a female sim)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    2 aspirations (not too happy about the "Master Actor" aspiration turns into a Master Actress for a female sim)

I think actor/actress makes the aspiration feel less generic, but that's just me. :)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Get Famous also got me interested at first, but I also find it lacking enough content to make me want to buy it. I'll probably wait for a sale like most people.
  • Options
    Could someone give me a reason for why a dad would not want (girl) to date (person) I need it for a backstory
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Could someone give me a reason for why a dad would not want (girl) to date (person) I need it for a backstory

I have a few suggestions:

Dad is controlling, he wants girl to avoid dating someone from a certain ethnicity
    Or he might be the type who prefers arranged marriages, so he forbids the girl from dating
    The said person reminds dad of someone he dislikes
    Dad is overprotective, believing that he's protecting his daughter by forbidding her to date anyone
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    pronterus wrote: »

Dad is controlling, he wants girl to avoid dating someone from a certain ethnicity
    Or he might be the type who prefers arranged marriages, so he forbids the girl from dating
    Dad is overprotective, believing that he's protecting his daughter by forbidding her to date anyone

Or maybe he doesn't like the person's family for reasons and so doesn't want her dating someone from it.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Perhaps he thinks he's protecting her. I guess it depends on the age of the girl. Younger than 18, Dad has more reason/ influence. Older than 18, that gets tricky in terms of telling someone they can't date someone else.

Perhaps if he's paying for college, and he wants her to focus on school, even if she is old enough to make her own decisions.

Or if she's living under his roof, he feels he can tell her what to do... maybe this guy/girl don't want to respect his reasonable guidelines or unrealistic rules (the latter makes me think controlling; the former like he would prefer no overnights or something like that).

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    pronterus wrote: »

Or maybe he doesn't like the person's family for reasons and so doesn't want her dating someone from it.

@Bugsie2016 Which would be an irony here since (boyfriend) is going to be doing the same thing in the future with his own son forbidding him to date (Girl). But the Boyfriend's son and (Girlfriend) will get a happy ending unlike (boyfriend).

parents of girl
    yX9AjHc.png
    VIYlqh2.png

Girl
    6bp3RFe.png

(boyfriend)
    KBLXtlK.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Happily Ever After

There were so many punny possibilities! I may still work some in if Ever remains a big part of Elyse's life. We shall see.

For now, I've gotta go updates banners and get the first chapter up!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    j97G1P2.png

Elyse explores her home away from home in chapter 1!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    So coldddddd
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    So coldddddd

I feel you.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hello everyone! How are you? :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    So coldddddd

I feel you.

We're on a roadtrip
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    So coldddddd

I feel you.

We're on a roadtrip

You need tea! Where ya going?

Hi Squirrel, I'm doing good now that I'm home from work. How're you?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

I'm bored XD How are you?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top