Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About TS4: Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,198 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone in this game going to be a celeb?

They have a drama club.It's not anyone can get famous.Is that certain ones that have skills, or careers that can get famous.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Kids and teens can get famous from Drama club and there parents being famous from what I read so far.

I knew they could be famous because of their parents, which I'm glad they brought back; I liked that feature in TS3, but I didn't know they had said that drama club could also make them famous.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Kids and teens can get famous from Drama club and there parents being famous from what I read so far.

That sounds like something EA would do, Kids do not work on Sims 4, Do not even think it B)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,895 Member
    I'm not a storyteller but I quite like the idea of a once famous actress fading from popularity as her fame decreases. Maybe a screen legend reduced to having to audition for commercials. 😔
  • Options
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?

Children can not become actors but can join a kids drama club. They can also gain fame, especially being kids of famous sims.

On how gaining fame won't be as easy as it is in Sims 3.

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?

From their parents. Nicole Richie, famous because of her father. This is so common. I'm confused why others are acting like this is a rare occurrence.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

I knew they could be famous because of their parents, which I'm glad they brought back; I liked that feature in TS3, but I didn't know they had said that drama club could also make them famous.

That's a supposition. I've not read where children become famous from drama club. I think drama club is a nod to parenthood, as such it's an activity that can give children/teens a boost later. For example those interested in acting once they age to young adults, build up their skills by participating in drama club. Like kids in parenthood play with the medical kit become doctors.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Just by the way, in the vampire pack you can prevent vampires from coming into your home by hanging garlic.

Also, you can delete the vampires that come with the new world. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the game generates new vampires like in sims 3.

The game does generate a couple of vampire townies, but they're usually harmless. If you never use any of the vampire socials or interactions, there is a very small chance of a vampire ever breaking in.
    1ovemysims wrote: »
    The Vampires can show up any time at your home they can break in your house they can turn you into one of them. they walk around at night or early morning before light and be on your friends' list just like the ghost. You do not have to be their friend either.

Vampires cannot turn your Sim without your permission.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    []

Just by the way, in the vampire pack you can prevent vampires from coming into your home by hanging garlic.

Also, you can delete the vampires that come with the new world. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the game generates new vampires like in sims 3.

You can delete Ghost and elders but the game will generate new ones. But keep trying anyway, if you do not want it in your game.
    Yea and you can prevent fires if you buy a smoke alarm. lol
    No way I want to hang garlic, just do it as an option Opt-in or Opt-out of some game play.. I should decorate my home as I wish.
    Bad enough the fire alarm do nothing but make noise, Same with the garlic, maybe it works maybe not, I have people coming in even when my doors are locked. You guys know SIms 4 do not work well, no need in giving people a False sense of security to the ones that may buy and later hate the purchase, because they can not control. And cannot remove. But there are scrip Mods you can use to kill sims. Only they are not made by EA/Maxis so use at your own risk.

Vamps get generated, same as the ghost.

I like the Mod, Just how would I like to kill this sim :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options

Children can not become actors but can join a kids drama club. They can also gain fame, especially being kids of famous sims.

On how gaining fame won't be as easy as it is in Sims 3.

Cool, :) I like this way its true to reality. you do get fame from your parents, Its not the same kind of fame, but its close, and it would never matter if your talented or not, even your older siblings can give you fame if people find out who they are.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I hope children don’t automatically get famous just because they have famous parents. Not every child of a famous person is well known. Indeed many are kept out of the limelight.

I also hope that it’s not easy to become famous. I don’t want every sim in my games being famous especially for trivial things. We will know more soon though.
  • Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    I hope children don’t automatically get famous just because they have famous parents. Not every child of a famous person is well known. Indeed many are kept out of the limelight.

I also hope that it’s not easy to become famous. I don’t want every sim in my games being famous especially for trivial things. We will know more soon though.

I doubt EVERY sim will be famous. Than there will be no fans. So I don’t think you have to worry about that.
  • Options
    I'm thinking the fame kids acquire from having a famous parent is going to be minuscule. Also whatever fame they might acquire from being a member of the drama club won't catapult them up the fame ladder. Graham was clear in saying they are aware what we disliked most about fame in Sims 3. Hopefully there will be a way to totally opt out of fame.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t mind children being famous per say, I just would not expect it to be a give in. The same I hope that my teen sim who busks to make ends meet doesn’t become famous automatically but I’m sure they have considered that scenario.

We will know more once Sim camp embargo lifts!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I wonder the same thing. I wonder if it's been locked to one world to allow paparazzi and fans to spawn?

The same way cats and dogs only seem to spawn in Brindleton, because different worlds have different walkby coding.

This is why the wording I quoted bothers me so much. Cats and Dogs are barely implemented in my game, outside Brindleton Bay. But, I'm hoping the others are right and it's not locked to the world. I might wait until a game changer or Guru answers the question on if it's locked or not before I make any big decisions. I was super excited about this pack until I read that.

You guys make me curious.. :o Now, I can't wait for the next live stream or more info on this!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    It would be cool if your child who busks gained some fame for doing it though. To me it would make more sense to me since it's an interaction that deals with performing for others. I didn't even know children could busk... The things you learn.
    Either way to me it would make sense that children of celebrities become known and sought out if their parents are big celebrities. It happens in real life.
    I do hope there is a way to not have a famous sim though. I really want to explore this but definitely not on every sim.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I wonder the same thing. I wonder if it's been locked to one world to allow paparazzi and fans to spawn?

The same way cats and dogs only seem to spawn in Brindleton, because different worlds have different walkby coding.

This is why the wording I quoted bothers me so much. Cats and Dogs are barely implemented in my game, outside Brindleton Bay. But, I'm hoping the others are right and it's not locked to the world. I might wait until a game changer or Guru answers the question on if it's locked or not before I make any big decisions. I was super excited about this pack until I read that.

You guys make me curious.. :o Now, I can't wait for the next live stream or more info on this!

It has already been confirmed multiple times that fame is not restricted to the new world. Sims can be famous no matter where they live.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

It has already been confirmed multiple times that fame is not restricted to the new world. Sims can be famous no matter where they live.

Yeah, I know... :) but as some have mentioned, what I am curious about is, will it be like the Brindleton Bay, where the cats/dogs spawn only over there. How about the fans? Paparazzi? Will it be spawned every else or only at Del Sol Valley?
  • Options

Yeah, I know... :) but as some have mentioned, what I am curious about is, will it be like the Brindleton Bay, where the cats/dogs spawn only over there. How about the fans? Paparazzi? Will it be spawned every else or only at Del Sol Valley?

I imagine they would spawn in whatever world your famous sim(s) lives in.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

I imagine they would spawn in whatever world your famous sim(s) lives in.

That will be great then.. ;)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018

There could be other indirect ways: Gaining some fame from their famous parents or famous relatives. There are talent shows (especially televised talent shows). Prodigies who are talented at an early age and parents show them off to others or some teens and kids enter reality competition shows, etc.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

There could be other indirect ways: Gaining some fame from their famous parents or famous relatives. There are talent shows (especially televised talent shows). Prodigies who are talented at an early age and parents show them off to others or some teens and kids enter reality competition shows, etc.

I know they've said they can gain fame from having famous parents, but I wonder if other famous family members can contribute as well? Maybe they have an aunt or an uncle or even a sibling that's famous, instead of a parent, or in addition to. Would that be factored in to their fame level upon aging up or will it only matter if their parents are celebrities? And does that inheritance only work if the parents, or whoever it is, becomes famous before the kid becomes a child?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Questions to ask the Gurus about Get Famous?

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there?

Can we buy land in the new city for our businesses?

Or is it a Shake and bake world of illusions?

Can we even walk our dogs there?

Will there be Parks in that Famous city.

Is this city Vacation Zone Only?

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.?

Questions I would love to ask a Guru, but I just can not.

Do that Limo move at all,?

Do they use it to teleport?
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Questions to ask the Gurus about Get Famous?

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there?

Can we buy land in the new city for our businesses?

Or is it a Shake and bake world of illusions?

Can we even walk our dogs there?

Will there be Parks in that Famous city.

Is this city Vacation Zone Only?

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.?

Questions I would love to ask a Guru, but I just can not.

Do that Limo move at all,?

Do they use it to teleport?

Let me answer some of these for you:

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there? yes

Can we buy land in the new city for our businesses? yes

Or is it a Shake and bake world of illusions? depends on your definition of illusion

Can we even walk our dogs there? yes

Will there be Parks in that Famous city. yes

Is this city Vacation Zone Only? no

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.? I don't know, it works like every other world in the sims 4

I'd wage a good deal of money that there won't be apartment in the world either. The world is just a bog standard residential world like willow creek, newcrest etc.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm excited for it. Feel a little down that singer/bands didn't make the cut, but that's not to say they won't get their pack. Looking forward to the acting career and the new world. Also just finished binge watching Gossip Girl so with the new EP and whats in the update I feel some new dramatic story play on the way.
    WbUrFQm.png