Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About TS4: Get Famous

This expansion pack has been revealed yesterday. Are you excited for it? What do you think of it? Comment your thoughts on it below.
Oh hamburgers!

Comments

• 73silvy7373silvy73 Posts: 36 Member
    First of all, sorry if my english is not always correct. I try to do my best to explain my feeling about this expansion.
    After seeing the trailer I was really disappointed. I don't understand how this can be considered an expansion and not a game pack. It's just like Vampire pack: a new world or quarter, a specific theme. There's only a career! I'd understand if there were stuff for other careers, for example a stage for singers or performers, but I can't see anything in the trailer. And where are top model and paparazzo careers?
    For me it's a missed oppotunity and I'm sorry to say that because I bought every expansions and game packs. I've always uphold the game, but not this time. Such a pity!
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I think it seems bigger than the vampire pack. We get a fame system and from what we've been told about perks and such, it wouldn't surprise me if it's similar to the vampire system. Also, the FH is only one neighbourhood, this new world is at least three (two residential, some kind of commercial) and it wouldn't surprise me if there's more than one commercial area, with one being for all sims and one being a bit more VIP. That in itself is already bigger than the vampire pack. Then, we have at least one active career that seems much more involved than usual careers, at least if the sims are going to have to audition for roles. No word on if we can work as a director or on set, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.

Aside from that, there's probably lots of small features. We don't know much about the drama club for kids, but chances are it's about as big as the scouting from seasons. I'd say that there are probably more of those small features that we don't know about yet. As for more new careers, we already have a music career, and my understanding of the new fashion career was that there was going to be some sort of "modeling-ish" with it, like instagram model or something. I would've wanted a paparazzi career as well, but it's never been in the sims and I've honestly never seen anyone talk about it before this trailer dropped. Fame is meant to be available for sims of all careers, so you could make a really famous journalist and just imagine that they write gossip about celebrities. Maybe make them be enemies with a lot of celebrities. The acting career looks really involved, and I think I actually prefer having one new, really good career rather than more half involved careers.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited October 2018
    -acting career and seems to be interactable with multiple avenues (like GTW but more fleshed out)

-regular sized world like most EPs

-fame system which could be very complex, will have to wait on more info

-CAS items + objects + new interactions/animations + voice acting + music

Not to mention we only just got a trailer. Let's wait and see for further information before we jump to conclusions. They may be withholding more stuff to show off at later time.

Edit: they did mention something about paparrazzis so there may at least be content you can do with that, possibly.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    We only saw 1 trailer people, we have more to see, right? At least I hope.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    So far so good, I guess... and it's only a reveal trailer & some info on the site & origin... but it does make me curious... I need to watch more trailers & info about it before I can actually decide if it's worth or not... and, I want to wait for the game reviews.. So, I'm expecting to learn more about it from the live streams as scheduled and probably 2 more trailers...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I can’t wait to find out more :). I just hope the acting career doesn’t get to repetitive :/
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It seems like a normal EP (content wise) for TS4 to me.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    we have to remember we just learn about this pack and we haven't even scratched the surface of the pack, until we watch a live stream of them telling us what it's about more...
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    So far so good, I guess... and it's only a reveal trailer & some info on the site & origin... but it does make me curious... I need to watch more trailers & info about it before I can actually decide if it's worth or not... and, I want to wait for the game reviews.. So, I'm expecting to learn more about it from the live streams as scheduled and probably 2 more trailers...

soon enough youtubers will be all over it analysing every inch of the trailer and going into what they think we can expect and their opinions on what's to come with further teasers and such
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    -acting career and seems to be interactable with multiple avenues (like GTW but more fleshed out)

Not to mention we only just got a trailer. Let's wait and see for further information before we jump to conclusions. They may be withholding more stuff to show off at later time.

Edit: they did mention something about paparrazzis so there may at least be content you can do with that, possibly.

could tie in with photography skill, selling photos of "famous" sims = more money (like selling them to a paper or something) will be interesting to see what comes in the weeks in regards to little sneak peaks and what happens in the 3 livestreams they have lined up

"wahoo" - aquaman
    they also could of tie in the singing skill also with a new career " rock star" kind of thing.. but all we know is the acting career in the video.
    they also could of tie in the singing skill also with a new career " rock star" kind of thing.. but all we know is the acting career in the video.

there was also the girl with a guitar getting "papped" - they have said that any career can get "famous" status.. so maybe that will all tie nicely with a bow on top?

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Well they have implemented a new thing though, it may only be one career but any existing career you have in sims got a chance to be famous.
    Like you could be a famous painter and maybe that can influence your art store. Thatd be cool.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

@SimGuruKate tweeted the livestream schedule:

I noticed that we're not just getting a Fame system, but also a Reputation system. That has the potential of impacting the entire game, if reputation extends to everyday Sims not just the famous. I've been cheating some of the Parenthood traits onto the pre-mades while setting up my most recent template save (which I've really got to work on now pre-Get Famous!); if we're given the tools to add reputation levels (Geoffrey Landgraab would have a good reputation, Nancy maybe a bit more shady) that could add a lot more fun to the game. And I hope it's less punishing than the Sims 3 version -- no more getting dinged with "Woohoo with the occult" when you're married to a vampire. :o

The fact that anyone can become famous, not just traditional celebrity careers like acting or performing, is a big deal for me -- I could have a JK Rowling or Stephen King pushing out novels and gaining a following, or a photographer like Diane Arbus or the late Ansel Adams, or maybe I could make Gordon Ramsey and have him climb the ladder (complete with Shout Forbidden Words :p ) The possibilities are only limited by game content and one's imagination. And more than likely it will be completely optional -- if you don't want to hassle with fame for some or all of your Sims and just want the new CASsets and B/B goodies, that will also be an option.

I think that this pack is way too large to be a GP -- if it had been a GP it would have been way watered down, with no new career and fewer options. And for those who say that we've already got the Road to Fame mod, a lot of people don't use mods so official content is better -- and maybe that mod's creator will rework the mod to include and enhance the pack content.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    The 3 main features are :
    • Actor career
    • Fame & Reputation system
    • Del Sol Valley

Like EP02 Get Together (Club system, DJ and Windenburg), the pack seems to be very light but the reality is the gameplay is bigger than that.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Base game brought us the Entertainer career, with Musician and Comedian the tracks. With CL you can sing along with an instrument when you get a high enough skill (level 3 for guitar and piano, then as you improve singing skill you get more songs/genres) -- that could be incorporated into the Musician track when you go out to play gigs (I need to refamiliarize myself with the Entertainer careers and their requirements -- that might be my new save for the month). I don't think we needed a separate "Rock Star" career, especially since there are way more music genres than rock. Maybe my Sim will be more of a country girl or boy. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    the entertainer career is just for playing music or doing jokes, not singing... we have a singing skill with no career for it.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

soon enough youtubers will be all over it analysing every inch of the trailer and going into what they think we can expect and their opinions on what's to come with further teasers and such

I couldn't agree more... ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I am just praying that it doesnt have the same fame system as sims 3 where as soon as you speak to a star you become famous
    I am just praying that it doesnt have the same fame system as sims 3 where as soon as you speak to a star you become famous

(just speculation) but sounds like it will be a perk points thing, like you build it up over time and depending on reputation and how hard you've worked depends on your level of famous-ness?

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2018
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I need to see more trailers on this. there might be more to it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I'm excited for it. I loved the celebrity system in sims 3 and wish I could keep playing it, but I need a better laptop first. Sims 4 runs well on my current set up, even with the amount of content I have, so I'm really glad we are getting this feature back. I love the way sims 4 does stuff and how they are improving on past content, so I am looking forward to seeing what new spin they've put on celebrity life. I just hate how we have to wait for more info.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I'm excited for it. I loved the celebrity system in sims 3 and wish I could keep playing it, but I need a better laptop first. Sims 4 runs well on my current set up, even with the amount of content I have, so I'm really glad we are getting this feature back. I love the way sims 4 does stuff and how they are improving on past content, so I am looking forward to seeing what new spin they've put on celebrity life. I just hate how we have to wait for more info.

Same here. Although I have a top notch computer, my Sims 3 game still lags a lot if I put a lot of CC in it. It may be due to the size of the worlds in the game. The acting route for Get Famous is good so far.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • HammerstarHammerstar Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm excited. I keep throwing money at my monitor but nothing's happening.

As someone who skipped Sims 3 entirely, I'm very happy to see it coming back. Superstar was easily my favorite Sims 1 expansion and I was so disappointed it never got remade for 2.