Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About TS4: Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?

From their parents. Nicole Richie, famous because of her father. This is so common. I'm confused why others are acting like this is a rare occurrence.

Kardashians, Trumps, etc. All famous by association with famous family.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    mika wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How can kids get famous if they don't have jobs with a famous track? Is everyone is this game going to be a celeb?

From their parents. Nicole Richie, famous because of her father. This is so common. I'm confused why others are acting like this is a rare occurrence.

Kardashians, Trumps, etc. All famous by association with famous family.

Now I want to create them and unleash them on the sims world and see what they get up to with SP lol
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Questions to ask the Gurus about Get Famous?

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there?

Can we buy land in the new city for our businesses?

Or is it a Shake and bake world of illusions?

Can we even walk our dogs there?

Will there be Parks in that Famous city.

Is this city Vacation Zone Only?

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.?

Questions I would love to ask a Guru, but I just can not.

Do that Limo move at all,?

Do they use it to teleport?

Let me answer some of these for you:

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there? yes

Can we buy land in the new city for our businesses? yes

Or is it a Shake and bake world of illusions? depends on your definition of illusion

Can we even walk our dogs there? yes

Will there be Parks in that Famous city. yes

Is this city Vacation Zone Only? no

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.? I don't know, it works like every other world in the sims 4

I'd wage a good deal of money that there won't be apartment in the world either. The world is just a bog standard residential world like willow creek, newcrest etc.

Thank you so much for trying. But I was looking for someone to answer that had facts to back them up, and not just a list of yes, yes, yes it does. Do you have proof? or should I just tell EA after I buy the GP I mean the so-called EP that a little cute avatar on the forum said I could?

I do not want to ruin my game with a cartoon. The Sims 4 needs help since they can not fix it, They just make it a Toddlers cartoon?. Nope, Nope, and Nope.

Are you a game-changer ? famous?? is this why you know?

Preschool?

What ?do you mean you have to go to pre-school right now.
    I should have seen that coming after that show today. :D

Hello, Hello? Dial tone................................. Famous kids. :s

Just joking do not mind me. I am nuts o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2018

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there?

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.?

Can we buy Residential land for a house in the new city? bring our whole sims family and dogs and live there? yes

Or is it a Shake and bake world of illusions? depends on your definition of illusion

Is it a new City with lots of flashes, and we only can teleport to a place of interest and that's all.? I don't know, it works like every other world in the sims 4

I'd wage a good deal of money that there won't be apartment in the world either. The world is just a bog standard residential world like willow creek, newcrest etc.

Thank you so much for trying. But I was looking for someone to answer that had facts to back them up, and not just a list of yes, yes, yes it does. Do you have proof? or should I just tell EA after I buy the GP I mean the so-called EP that a little cute avatar on the forum said I could?

I do not want to ruin my game with a cartoon. The Sims 4 needs help since they can not fix it, They just make it a Toddlers cartoon?. Nope, Nope, and Nope.

Preschool?

"One of the most exciting parts of this expansion pack is the new world! Say “hello” to Del Sol Valley, which is home to A-listers, up-and-comers, and everyone in between. The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous."

So you can live there meaning its not a vacation world. It also says you can live in the residential area's meaning you can move your family there. All lots currently in game baring vacation worlds and a few exclusive lots (like the chalet in windenburg) can be either residential or business that can be owned (even penthouses, I have a rooftop restaurant in san myshuno its high class). You can walk your dogs anywhere in game last time I checked. Its just a new residential world. All the same rules apply. That being said if you are basing your purchase decisions on the world then...yea probably wait for the guru's livestream about the world on November 11th.

But uh...no I'm not a gamechanger, or famous. I'm just a med student with too much time on his hands. Glean from that what you will.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options

Preschool?

"One of the most exciting parts of this expansion pack is the new world! Say “hello” to Del Sol Valley, which is home to A-listers, up-and-comers, and everyone in between. The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous."

So you can live there meaning its not a vacation world. It also says you can live in the residential area's meaning you can move your family there. All lots currently in game baring vacation worlds and a few exclusive lots (like the chalet in windenburg) can be either residential or business that can be owned (even penthouses, I have a rooftop restaurant in san myshuno its high class). You can walk your dogs anywhere in game last time I checked. Its just a new residential world. All the same rules apply. That being said if you are basing your purchase decisions on the world then...yea probably wait for the guru's livestream about the world on November 11th.

But uh...no I'm not a gamechanger, or famous. I'm just a med student with too much time on his hands. Glean from that what you will.

Great, then we are in the same boat, You do not know any more than we know. I am in no rush to buy, I will give it a month to check out bugs as well.

Yes, I will make my decision based on the new city, because what I see in the famous and actors/actress could go in a stuff pack easy.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    One thing I hated about TS3's fame system, was the whole "impress me before you can speak to me" thing. It felt so snobbish and rude, which fitted some sims' personalities, but certainly not most. I didn't even bother trying to befriend a sim if I saw they had a star. What I later did, was disable fame for my household. Having celebs in the game was interesting and added some dynamic, but it was too much of an annoyance when my sim didn't want to become one her/himself.

So I hope that you can try to impress celebs by talking about things they like (ex. talk about fashion to a fashion influencer, talk about acting to an actor etc) and telling them that you'd like to delve into it, or that you have done some work in it etc. You can brag about your wealth and your accomplishments, which might impress certain celebs according to their traits, but other sims might be put off by your bragging.
    Sims with the snob and materialistic traits might not want to talk to you until you've proven yourself worthy.
    It shouldn't always be necessary to kiss their butts to befriend a celeb, though. I hope it is a realistic and flexible system.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018

Why would we not be able to do any of this? It's a regular world for sims to live in, not a vacation world. They can do anything they would normally be able to do, like walk dogs, visit a park, buy a house/lot, or open a business.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So, the embargo for the SimsCamp will be lifted on Monday but do we know if they had full access to every aspect of the EP or if there are restrictions and things they can't show even with the embargo lifted?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    So, the embargo for the SimsCamp will be lifted on Monday but do we know if they had full access to every aspect of the EP or if there are restrictions and things they can't show even with the embargo lifted?

I'm not sure. I know when Cats and Dogs came out, there were embargo dates for certain aspects of the game, like showing off the new vet career or Create-A-Pet, but I haven't heard anything about that for this one, so maybe they'll be able to show us everything? I think, for a pack like this, it might be hard to regulate what gets shown when because everything is so interconnected. To show how fame works, you'd have to be able to show pretty much everything else.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited October 2018
    Didn't they confirm no cars in the EP already? I wouldn't be surprised that functional elevators are included with this EP to add to the famous lifestyle provided that you already own City Living.

• Options
    pearson3pearson3 Posts: 33 Member
    Has anyone said if we will be able to make custom movies in the acting career? They showed a few like sci-fi, Westerns, etc, but would we be able to make our own like horror or musicals? Even just basic movie scene selection would be really cool. I think it would get dull if there were only pre-set acting scenes.
  • Options
    pearson3 wrote: »
    Has anyone said if we will be able to make custom movies in the acting career? They showed a few like sci-fi, Westerns, etc, but would we be able to make our own like horror or musicals? Even just basic movie scene selection would be really cool. I think it would get dull if there were only pre-set acting scenes.

I really like your ideal here, being able to make and show little movie flicks would be so cool. and make up our own commercials then be able to view them from Sims 4 tv.
    If they added something like this they would get five stars from me, for that alone.
    So it's another no snow desert town. oh well. Oasis Springs is the best city In Sims 4 and the prettiest. I wonder if they joined the two. sort of.
  • Options
    FRENZIIFRENZII Posts: 29 Member
    I don't know why but I'm kind of feeling like the acting sets will be like the stage sets in Sims 3 showtime. Like you'll be able to place the decor and assets wherever you want on the stage. Also I don't think anyone has noticed but in the trailer and screenshots of the Sims acting on set, there's X symbols underneath the acting Sims so maybe it's an anchor we can place wherever to locate where our Sim will be acting.
  • Options
    Didn't they confirm no cars in the EP already? I wouldn't be surprised that functional elevators are included with this EP to add to the famous lifestyle provided that you already own City Living.
    Maybe the cars are decor only, or maybe we get a big surprise and they really really work in that world only. YAY, right. What I read was that Sims 4 will not get cars. Not now not ever. lol
    Now they did not say that Sims 4 could not have cars, just we will not be getting cars. From our own history, it's just a wait and see. :) I know they do have the wheel, and they do know how the wheel works.
  • Options
    Maybe the cars are decor only, or maybe we get a big surprise and they really really work in that world only. YAY, right. What I read was that Sims 4 will not get cars. Not now not ever. lol
    Now they did not say that Sims 4 could not have cars, just we will not be getting cars. From our own history, it's just a wait and see. :) I know they do have the wheel, and they do know how the wheel works.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I was watching the terrain tool livestream now and realised that they accidentally showed a new foundation paint from Get Famous. Then I noticed that they had all the yellow areas in the build mode house meaning all the new things coming with the newly installed pack.
    Seeing the swimming pool highlighted in yellow makes me very happy because they rarely add new things to them!

IcXk7wC.png

(I believe the fence was also yellow earlier in the stream, and of course I assume there's also new wallpaper and floors, and I know for a fact that there is a new roof paint but I wanted to share the image because of the pool's highlight)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I was watching the terrain tool livestream now and realised that they accidentally showed a new foundation paint from Get Famous. Then I noticed that they had all the yellow areas in the build mode house meaning all the new things coming with the newly installed pack.
    Seeing the swimming pool highlighted in yellow makes me very happy because they rarely add new things to them!

IcXk7wC.png

(I believe the fence was also yellow earlier in the stream)

Yep, we were pretty excited when we watched it live! :D I'm curious about the gold toilet.. :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

I thought it was Get Rich & Famous, But its just Get Famous Ohh, I wonder if after we get Famous can we get unfamous if we wanted to? just for peace if nothing else, And still live there I would like that more. I do not like famous, but rich yes. Famous is bad for your health, and the paparazzi are crazy stalkers that may kill you or cause your death over getting your picture. Even your fans can cause your death, so they would need bodyguards, It would be a good time to bring back police So that when a crazy fan trying to break into your home you could call them. I hope they do not add a new death, like Death by Paparazzi or stalker fans.

A lot of simmers bought the vampire pack for the furniture the build objects, then when they are harassed by the vampires they want a way to turn them off, but EA does not provide a way for that and from what @Cinebar said, the fan could be something we get sick of fast, I know if that happened to me every day in my game I would regret buying the New get famous pack, and worst no provisions to remove it.
    Meeting up with crazy fans will ruin your gameplay to me. soon we would try to avoid that part if its even possible, I know vampires can go to any city, so sure the new ones can as well.
    So that would kind of end the game for me. Your trying to enjoy a day out or go on a date would Have to end fast we can not control townies, I would hate to lose the enjoyment of playing a game I spent so much money on and have to stop playing. We have babies and toddlers in our games, we have families and homes we do not want our families in danger or harassed.
    And we were well into getting seasons before I saw them prevent a little girl Sim from changing her outfit outside in the cold as other sims games can. Why,? Because they wanted the ability to kill her. who wants their child to die and say oh wow that was so cool the way EA just kill that little girl froze her to death. No, it was not cool EA.

This is another downside of us being in the dark of what in our future packs, and all pass promises just turned off, like we have no rights? they patch at will into our game whatever they wish. Since patches and unwanted content can cause new problems in your games in the form of bugs, we should have the right to remove what we do not want, also to refuse some patches. Why force us to get patches and bug fixes for Packs we do not even own, they would cause us to have unusual bugs and problems, and no help because the problem will be unique to just your game, and not worth helping just one person.?

This is a good reason to wait until the Let's Play videos come out and the reviews and feedback come out after the pack is released, rather than preordering the pack. Then you won't be so in the dark about what you are buying. NONE of the Sims 4 packs have any exclusive pre-order goodies, unlike Sims 3....so there is really no reason to preorder other than wanting everything brand spanking new on day one. This is one pack that I will wait for as well, though more for financial reasons. My Sims really need some new lots to move into, and none of my Sims 3 Sims got more than 1 or 2 star famous accidentally (just famous enough to get free appliances, not enough to be bothered by any obsessed fans/paparazzi, etc).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options

I like this@SimGuruGrant said on Twitter You are not receiving cars this year. Please, no semantic arguments here.

So to me, this is good News, If you say to me You will not be receiving cars this year. Then I know we will get cars. To make it clear we have but 2 months before the end of the year. So then cars may be in the plans. No need to think or worry, just not now, down the road a bit.

But if you say to me Sims 4 will not get cars, then we will not get cars. then I will remove the wish of driving, ((but a car stuff pack will suffice.))
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    There is no apartment in this city. One of the Guru's answered that on twitch. There is one neighborhood of cheaper houses to buy and another neighborhood with all expensive houses where wealthier sims can live - like stars etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No apartments is very disappointing and also a little weird if it’s meant to be a city.
  • Options

I really love the look of the new city, we have many cars parked. Also, we have driveways built in. The look of the city looks to me like it was made for cars to drive. So Looks like someone went through a lot of trouble for cars.
    Getting upset with us simmers for talking about or expecting cars is a bit off the Grid. at this time seem to match, Just I suppose this Get Famous one is first in line.

**This is long so follow the link later when you have much time not now. ** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw-gTxLyTcU (look at this form a Famous Game changer :) ) He is number one game changer for me anyway <3B)
    He even looked for cars lol.

But anyway its a nice city with a backdrop. But you know how Us Simmers are over any sort of city. It does not look like the rich area that I thought it would but It's nice enough, just I pictured long gated driveways curved roads to the homes.
    This one is Nice suburban, I hope we get lots of 64x64, so we get a chance to use the build tools for lots of big shot show off homes. But I like what we got as well, I am starving.

Do not misunderstand I do not like the part about getting famous, and I do not want my Sims to meet them or become famous. I may even delete all the so-called famous people, and make it for my Sims the Rich :pB) I hope that's a real movie theater.

Looked like the normal Sims have some improved fashion. I hope so, we need eyelashes or just make the one we have that I have never seen grow. from Toddlers to Adults.

I give the city an 9 out of 10 I will have to drive around a bit with my mouse to get to see the sites and then maybe a 10 out of 10?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Tears, OMG :'(:) Thank you EA/Maxis for listening, we got Eyelashes. aww, they tried. so sweet, better not be CC. lol I was right this is CC[/s]
    This is another of the Best of the Best in our Game Changers.

https://youtu.be/JRL9hH3Bf2k
    https://youtu.be/BMcpHKQSdDY
    https://youtu.be/A5eVyaXf5SE
    So now you guys know more then we did before we saw all this right, Now let us talk about Get Famous. haha.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Tears, OMG :'(:) Thank you EA/Maxis for listening, we got Eyelashes. aww, they tried. so sweet, better not be CC. lol
    This is another of the Best of the Best in our Game Changers.

https://youtu.be/JRL9hH3Bf2k
    https://youtu.be/BMcpHKQSdDY
    https://youtu.be/A5eVyaXf5SE
    So now you guys know more then we did before we saw all this right, Now let us talk about Get Famous. haha.

Ooo that would be cool... If those are from the event it shouldn't be CC.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Can you believe it, Me, I was smiling at so many of the new Female Get Famous outfits. they have some off the shoulders, crops, tight and short skirts, tight and long skirts. Wow. You go, designers, "thumb's up" all the way.

Ok what happened, .....The shoes, please we need lots of new sexy shoes, and yes ankle straps of all colors, flats are not sexy outside of the beach or park, Simmers Sims Date, we want sexy date shoe's, please. Thanks, you're doing a 10+ job. <3:)
    But who wants to wear ugly old maxis shoes with the new outfits, Not me. This is why I will not rush into a buy. Sometimes you must take your time to see all clearly
    Post edited by Stormsview on