Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 is awesome!

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Moonlight Falls does well on my pitiful puter. I don't have Pets or Seasons in, or all store content as my puter just won't handle more. Hope you can find a custom small world that you like. Love your sims!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love being able to play in empty custom worlds that aren't pre-populated and getting to take my time with adding the population in as I play the town starting with the first family being settled in and gradually settling other families in over time.That can make save so stable thay might outlast my ability to stay interested in the storyline.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ChaoticDuskChaoticDusk Posts: 23 Member
    I'm a huge lover of customization so all of the options when it comes to creating things is something I definitely love, along with all of the awesome things you can download and make. The possibilities seem almost endless.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 3 is awesome! We have terrain tools too!!

B)

(we’ve been having them for, what, nine years now?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @TadOlson
    It does hurt when a save is lost to the instability of the game, it is surprisingly easy to get emotionally attached to the sims. I often see you praising mods in your posts and I really understand why now :smile:
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2018
    Je suis fan des Sims 3 <3<3<3
    There are so many stuffs to develop , so many discoveries almost everyday even after YEARS of gameplay and it's better with mods.
    @Nikkei_Simmer : I love cars I love to see my sims drive ahah it's like real life.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @JoAnne65 We remember TS4 is 'just warming up' while TS3 was hot straight from launch. It did get hotter once more content was added but at least we didn't have to wait over four years for a popular build feature that was actually included in the original game!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sims 3 is awesome! We have terrain tools too!!

B)

(we’ve been having them for, what, nine years now?)

~smirk~ :D
    TS4-TS3TerrainTools.png
    ~evil grin~ >:)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited October 2018
    @LaBlue0314 I've always like Rflong7's worlds especially her legacy island which there's 3 versions of and I believe you can get an empty version of each world as well. My old desktop, which give me alot of trouble when playing sims 3, really liked the legacy islands. Rflong7 used to have a thread here on the forums but I don't know where the link has gone too but i do have a link to the blog http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com/2014/05/legacy-island-3.html

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer lol Is that what gets called Terrain tools these days? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sims4 Player: We can raise and lower terrain now...in TS4...YAY!!!!
    Me: yeah...great...
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Welcome to the club. Oh...no pond tools yet?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    An other useless stuffs for me as I am a plum at building and I only care in sims 4 is to play.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    ChaoticDuskChaoticDusk Posts: 23 Member
    The new Sims 4 terrain tools ain't got nothin on all the terrain options you have in the Sims 3, that much is for sure, especially seeing as they're only now coming out in a new patch sometime soon.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The new Sims 4 terrain tools ain't got nothin on all the terrain options you have in the Sims 3, that much is for sure, especially seeing as they're only now coming out in a new patch sometime soon.

They said that that is just the beginning stages, and it still has a lot of bugs. They just want us to see for ourselves that they are working on the Sims 4 terrain tools. I was told the patch won't be until November.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    There is so much to do, I have been playing it for more years than I care to remember, not so often now but when I do, I still find things that I didn't know existed :smile:
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited October 2018
    I am gearing up for a nostalgic TS3 return.
    I am tired of waiting for TS4 University. If it doesn't arrive in November, or December, then it will be time for me set the game aside for a while.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    shaebee10shaebee10 Posts: 22 Member
    Are you guys able to like sims 3 without hating on four or do you have to bash one to feel good about your choices 🤔 anyways I like sims 3 for the mods. I like the story progression.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2018
    shaebee10 wrote: »
    Are you guys able to like sims 3 without hating on four or do you have to bash one to feel good about your choices 🤔 anyways I like Sims 3 for the mods. I like the story progression.

I don't hate 4, in fact, I love it, especially after they finally brought in the toddlers. All hail the toddler army. lol, But seriously I love all three of the Sims 2, 3, and 4. The really cool thing about this, and this is just my humble opinion is I do get tired of playing just one of them, so I take breaks. What helps is that I view them as 3 totally different games, and there are aspects in each of them that I do prefer. For example, for me, Sim 4 has done a wonderful job on the gardening part, although there are a few snags now that Seasons has been introduced, but nothing that can't be overcome.

Since you said mods, you already know about the NRaas mods since you mentioned a story progression because that is the only way Sims 3 would actually progress and grow. But did you know that Sims 4 also has a very similar mod, and it is the MCCC mod? And I use both of them, there is no way I can play either game without it. I just love seeing a town grow and progress for the next generation.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Are you guys able to like sims 3 without hating on four or do you have to bash one to feel good about your choices 🤔 anyways I like sims 3 for the mods. I like the story progression.

This is just to say there are quite a few players who play both TS3 and TS4 quite happily. Each game has something different to offer which makes comparison rather pointless. Of the rest of us here most have made an assessment of TS4 and decided it was not for them. It doesn't mean they hate TS4 as some have never played it. It is all about personal preference.

Not unnaturally people here love TS3 and want to share the good things they enjoy about the game. If you look back through the thread you will see people praising the art style, mods, cc and the fact we have had the ability to modify existing worlds or build our own almost from the beginning. I would not describe that as bashing but more like pride in this awesome game.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @shaebee10; The simple fact of the matter is that what you youngsters perceive as "hating on" is the fact that we pressure Sims 4 devs to get busy on making TS4 a more complete game. I may not own Sims 4, but I'd really want for those that play it to have a complete game and to release things in bits and pieces that we had in the BASE game in TS3 is doing TS4 a complete injustice.

It's basically a matter of: "C'mon, guys, you can do better than what you're currently doing" - (which is a half-hearted effort just to make $$$ off those of us who have money to burn) We want you guys who play TS4 to have the best possible experience with TS4 and to be inclusive of those who have played the previous versions and have felt "blown off" to say the least. Some may not use the build tools or pond tools, but that doesn't mean you tell those who do to "Get stuffed."
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Now, now, kids, there is no need to gang up, the last page had a lot of negative comparisons between the games and that is not the name of the thread.

I think the sims 3 is awesome because it is so flexible, with adoring animations and an addictive gameplay. Just starting off a new save, placing out a few objects and watch what happens makes me happy and curious, and with all its possibilities in set ups it never ends being interesting. And the thing I like the most in it is the socializing and the parties.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    Feel a bit guilty for triggering that perhaps but the emotion was genuine. For me one of the aspects that makes Sims 3 awesome are those creative tools and options the game has and has had from the very beginning and I have always regretted (understatement) they sacrificed those features. I’m really glad they are starting to see now that many of those features they apparently thought didn’t matter, dó matter. I’m enjoying Sims 4 as well. It’s Sims 3 that I find awesome though. I haven’t played the game for quite some time now (because actually Sims 4 and other games) and I really miss it. I regret I somehow have difficulty playing two games at the same time.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @shaebee10; The simple fact of the matter is that what you youngsters perceive as "hating on" is the fact that we pressure Sims 4 devs to get busy on making TS4 a more complete game. I may not own Sims 4, but I'd really want for those that play it to have a complete game and to release things in bits and pieces that we had in the BASE game in TS3 is doing TS4 a complete injustice.

It's basically a matter of: "C'mon, guys, you can do better than what you're currently doing" - (which is a half-hearted effort just to make $$$ off those of us who have money to burn) We want you guys who play TS4 to have the best possible experience with TS4 and to be inclusive of those who have played the previous versions and have felt "blown off" to say the least. Some may not use the build tools or pond tools, but that doesn't mean you tell those who do to "Get stuffed."
    Oh lol I love how you know my age. I’m just saying y’all can’t seem to say anything good about sims 3 without be being like ‘unlike SIMS 4 HEHE’ which makes u look frankly childish. I play sims 3/4/2 all have their own pros and cons. Rn sims 4 is the best for me. And I don’t bash on other sims games to say that :-) I wouldn’t even have to mention this if people could say ‘ I love sims 3 because !! ‘ without trashing a whole Nother game with it . So if you oldies could maybe understand that that would be nice.
  • Options
    To keep with the topic though I REALLY love being able to Send sims to different places for the day and just relax. Send one sim swimming, one bowling, and then focus on gttting another two hitched.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

Oh please. There are a multitude of TS4 players INCLUDING a developer who do this, so don't spout such nonsense.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding