Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you usually find a partner for your sims?

Comments

• Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Simnoobsie wrote: »
    Sometimes I just take my sim out to either the gym or a nightclub and see who walks by that I like. Other times I use the SimDa dating app which can be fun. I'm terrible at making male sims so I rarely create my own, but I have been known to give townies make overs.

Ahhhh. Anytime you need a male sim, holler at me, I’m better at making males than females for some reason.

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Usually it would depend on if I'm playing a challenge or a 'just for fun' save to define how my Sims pursue a mate. But, ultimately I would choose for them from in-game eligible premades or townies they have met rather than letting them do it. Only once have I created a couple from scratch myself and put them in the game.

However, when my laptop died and I got a new gaming desktop, I decided to try something a bit different. I put a copy of all my favorite Sims I've created along with remodeled premades/townies in one save and introduced my Not So Berry challenge Gen 1 Sim to a few of them. One of them, Ridge Everest, ended up being her co-worker and two others she met during the Spice Festival; Joel Hunter busking with his guitar and Brooks Stern who was bar-tending at the Karaoke place across the street.

She was on full autonomy, something I always do when I send my Sims out to meet others, but I still helped a little by directing her with introductions and a few other socials including flirting with all three. I watched their interactions and after she went home, waited to see if any of them would call or if she'd get a whim for any of them.

Ridge was pretty much out from the beginning. He's a loner and while he did accept her flirt, he was very uncomfortable, got tense and started shouting forbidden words. He was nice to her at work other than that, would always give her metals, crystals, etc., but never called and she didn't get any whims for him.

Joel stopped playing his guitar, just so he could talk to her and they looked so cute sitting at a picnic table together. I thought there was a spark there. But again, he never called, and she didn't get any whims. I was kind of bummed really since Joel is probably my all-time favorite Sim and a Super Sim too! I could've made them get together I suppose, but...*shrugs* I wanted this to be the Sims themselves choice as much as possible this time.

I thought Brooks would be out of the running too since he rolled his eyes and made a face when she wanted to exchange numbers. But, he did agree to sing a duet with her later and they got along better after that. Plus, he called her constantly for dates, trips to the bar/club, The Ruins, The Chalet, etc. and my Sim would get whims like 'be friendly with Brooks.'

Last night my Sim, Vela Mint and Brooks Stern were married under the Wedding Arch at The Chalet. <3 So, my little experiment seemed to work out. I might not do it this way all the time and again choose a mate for my Sims in the future, but I'm more than happy with the results doing it this way too.

A couple pics under the spoiler if anyone would care to see them and if you do, thanks! Happy Simming! :)
    N3jtrfW.png

S9xW240.png

Kpecgtx.png

• Options
    @Karababy52 that’s an adorable story.

Right now in my game, I have twins soon to age up to YA, and I have this build in my world where it’s similar to apartments, I’m gonna move all the “friends” into the household, play the apartments, and see who gravitates towards who to see who my sims should be with. Cause there is like a group of them that always hang out together, without me having to “make” it happen.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Mine eventually end up with one of their friends that they seem to jive with the best. I don't really have a tactic with it. They're never in a hurry for it to happen so by the time it does, they have a lot of choices.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    @buhlynnduh Thanks, glad you liked it! I really like this couple and hope everything goes well for them. :)

That's a really great idea, makes it more natural that way! I might have to try that myself, if you don't mind. I haven't played with any of the apartments yet or checked out all the Festivals. I just loaded up City Living last week, so it's all new to me. It's been a lot of fun so far.
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Lately, I've been playing the Not So Berry Challenge, so I try to find a mate that matches up well with the traits of my heirs or the story line I've created for them.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @buhlynnduh Thanks, glad you liked it! I really like this couple and hope everything goes well for them. :)

That's a really great idea, makes it more natural that way! I might have to try that myself, if you don't mind. I haven't played with any of the apartments yet or checked out all the Festivals. I just loaded up City Living last week, so it's all new to me. It's been a lot of fun so far.

Well, the lot is a regular lot, but with a bunch of town houses on it, I’m just gonna let them wander, see who hangs with who.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    buhlynnduh wrote: »
    Well, the lot is a regular lot, but with a bunch of town houses on it, I’m just gonna let them wander, see who hangs with who.

Opps, ah, okay, I see now you did mention that, sorry. Townhouses on one lot sounds even better. That way you can control them otherwise if need be, except for socials of course. I still might try it with apartments though, just for kicks. :)

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    buhlynnduh wrote: »
    @Karababy52 that’s an adorable story.

Right now in my game, I have twins soon to age up to YA, and I have this build in my world where it’s similar to apartments, I’m gonna move all the “friends” into the household, play the apartments, and see who gravitates towards who to see who my sims should be with. Cause there is like a group of them that always hang out together, without me having to “make” it happen.

I'm working on getting my double townhouses uploaded for you :)
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Since I play rotationally and I create all the sims in my worlds (and basically forbid my sims to interact with randomly generated townies) my sims always pair up between each other.
    Usually, I always have kids clubs and teen clubs going on and many teens in my game end up with other teens that are (or were) in their clubs or in other clubs that hang out at the same locations.
    For YA, clubs are also a good way but otherwise I usually always know beforehand whom am I pairing with whom and I basically force them to meet if they don't know each other yet.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited October 2018
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Usually it would depend on if I'm playing a challenge or a 'just for fun' save to define how my Sims pursue a mate. But, ultimately I would choose for them from in-game eligible premades or townies they have met rather than letting them do it. Only once have I created a couple from scratch myself and put them in the game.

However, when my laptop died and I got a new gaming desktop, I decided to try something a bit different. I put a copy of all my favorite Sims I've created along with remodeled premades/townies in one save and introduced my Not So Berry challenge Gen 1 Sim to a few of them. One of them, Ridge Everest, ended up being her co-worker and two others she met during the Spice Festival; Joel Hunter busking with his guitar and Brooks Stern who was bar-tending at the Karaoke place across the street.

She was on full autonomy, something I always do when I send my Sims out to meet others, but I still helped a little by directing her with introductions and a few other socials including flirting with all three. I watched their interactions and after she went home, waited to see if any of them would call or if she'd get a whim for any of them.

Ridge was pretty much out from the beginning. He's a loner and while he did accept her flirt, he was very uncomfortable, got tense and started shouting forbidden words. He was nice to her at work other than that, would always give her metals, crystals, etc., but never called and she didn't get any whims for him.

Joel stopped playing his guitar, just so he could talk to her and they looked so cute sitting at a picnic table together. I thought there was a spark there. But again, he never called, and she didn't get any whims. I was kind of bummed really since Joel is probably my all-time favorite Sim and a Super Sim too! I could've made them get together I suppose, but...*shrugs* I wanted this to be the Sims themselves choice as much as possible this time.

I thought Brooks would be out of the running too since he rolled his eyes and made a face when she wanted to exchange numbers. But, he did agree to sing a duet with her later and they got along better after that. Plus, he called her constantly for dates, trips to the bar/club, The Ruins, The Chalet, etc. and my Sim would get whims like 'be friendly with Brooks.'

Last night my Sim, Vela Mint and Brooks Stern were married under the Wedding Arch at The Chalet. <3 So, my little experiment seemed to work out. I might not do it this way all the time and again choose a mate for my Sims in the future, but I'm more than happy with the results doing it this way too.

A couple pics under the spoiler if anyone would care to see them and if you do, thanks! Happy Simming! :)
    N3jtrfW.png

S9xW240.png

Kpecgtx.png

@Karababy52 Did you create Ridge Everest? I <3 Ridge :D
    I have him in one of my saves too!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's all "arranged" marriages lol. I match up the children from my households, usually as teens, but I've done it as young as toddlers, then when they grow up I move them in together & "marry" them in CAS. I know it's not very romantic, but I've never been a very romantically inclined person. For me it's just about passing on the genes & keeping the family tree going. Of course I give them chances to meet & hang out together, and will change it up if I see someone better for them, and even allow a relationship to develop on its own once in a while, as long as they're from one of my played families, (I'm a bit snobby with my sims, townies aren't good enough), but mostly I just match em up & move along.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @loubyloulou Yes I did create Ridge Everest! Thank you, glad you love him! I love him too, one of my all-time favorite Sims! <3

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I really miss other activities for sims to meet people. The club system is dead if you don't manage it yourself or use MC command that fills up clubs.
    I usually try to find friends/dates for my teens through the option at school. For YA sims, I do the same with their career or they go out on community lots. I wish there were invitations or special events going on in the world where only teens would show up or be newly generated by the game. The lots that i made specially for teens, are so quiet and no teen ever shows up, just some YA. The game only seems to generate 2 or 3 teens even if I had 4 teens at home with the option on to make new friends at school every day. I played for weeks like this, yet they met the same teen sims over and over again even though they already knew them.

Why not get prom invitations from new generated sims or have sims show up at your doorstep leaving a love letter. Or get invited by a friend that brings their friends as well (AND NOT YA, but teens that the game generates at the moment if your sims doesn't have any new teens friends). Invitations to teen parties etc. For YA we already have a system like this, but i still feel the game needs to generate more sims. And pls.. normal and logic sims. My generated sims are all looking awful. It should be very rare to see a dark skinned sim with red or blond hair! Yet all the generated sims are like this.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I usually just wait until they're teenagers and see if they can find anyone at school.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The club system works well for partner finding. In my main save my Sim started a club for going out on the town (played around with different options, finally decided drinking, singing and dancing were the best activities) and chose some fellow teens (two girls, three boys) and had them gather frequently. Actually it was a continuation of her club from childhood with the same members; they started as Happy Fun Club, then progressed to the TipToppers Club (they all wear one of the hats from GT with their party wear; I use littlemssam's Dress Code mod and have most of my nightclubs and karaoke bars set to Party apparel). If a member turns out to be unsuitable (bad traits), I can just kick them out and replace with a new candidate.

+1

I'll create two singles clubs, one for male sims, one for female sims, and have them hang out at the same venue. Have club activities such as "be friendly" and "be romantic" to the other club and it's a slow burner but it works.
  • Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    I'll either make them when I'm creating a household or I'll let my sim go off the home lot and I usually send them to the San Myshuno Karaoke Bars! :)
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I generally have my sim meet a bunch of people, and then see what happens. I try to not just hook them up with another sim I've made, but it doesn't always work out that way.

One of my favorite spouses was just some random townie. I liked him so much I actually saved him to my library.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It sounds corny, but I like to pair up childhood friends, like Simba and Nala :heart:

I really need to try other methods :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited October 2018
    I love the meetings.
    My faves have been when I owned a shop for 5 minutes and a customer walked in. Married her.
    Then one girl in my legacy married the postman. I mean he came by every monday lol
    Then one other sim in my legacy married the golden statue sim.
    I've created some myself and put them in the game and seen them walk by or gone to visit them.
    Oh and I sometimes make the sims I make kids so they meet my little heir in school.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I normally just see who they interact with, or if that takes too long to find the right one I’ll just make one.

Also am I the only one who has a whole lot of lesbian sims? Oops-
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    My current sim was supposed to be a happily single archaelogist since she has jealousy issues, but ended up falling for her girlfriend, turned fiance. Then when she was out on a dig, she met a guy whom she is really into since they have way more in common than what she has with her fiance. So I dunno, I kind of see where things go with the game and go from there.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I’m playing a rotation at the moment and one (female) Sim seems to have hooked up with Paolo Rocca and another (male) Sims is dating Siobhan Fyres. This is my first time playing rotation and my first time getting to know these Sims.
    It all seems to be happening rather naturally -except Siobhan is maybe a title reluctant to take things to the bedroom ;)
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I use a variety, usually the 'meet people at school/work' option, but occasionally I have a little fun with the Simda mod already mentioned. I love the blind date option as it has led to some perfect matches that I certainly would never have chosen. For example, I don't particularly like J Huntington III, so would never attempt a romantic friendship with him normally, but he was the blind date for my sim recently and I left it to autonomy because I wasn't all that interested. A couple of simhours later and they'd really hit it off without any interaction from me and were flirting away. I like options that force me to do something different, otherwise I'd be boring and just do the same things over and over out of habit.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims